Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

ChickenMedium posted:

Is that good?

I'm not really sure...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
I've been deadpanning "That's a shame" for years now and I forgot it came from Seinfeld. Good lord that show was influential.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Kevyn posted:

Corky Ramirez

Presumably, you can see Ramirez in The Van Buren Boys. I've never looked closely though.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Oh I'm looking right at you big daddy.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

neoboman posted:

Presumably, you can see Ramirez in The Van Buren Boys. I've never looked closely though.

The other day as part of some change I got a Van Buren dollar coin...I can't bring myself to spend it. It stays on my desk.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

I've started making GIFs, and there's no better show for GIF material.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

neoboman posted:

You can.

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

He just put the kibosh on me, do you know what the kibosh means, it's a kibosh!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Who are all the friends Kramer had that were never actually seen on screen? Bob Saccamano, Lomez and who else?

"My friend Jay Reimenschneider eats horse all the time. He gets it from his butcher!"

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Monsignor Martinez posted:

It's not unfounded, it became status quo for joe blow lunchbox to write off the later seasons that they weren't even watching, particularly around the time of the finale and the aftermath.

It's based on a simple truth -- depressed George > angry George

Stuntman Mike
Apr 14, 2007
The saucer people are coming!
A George divided against itself cannot stand!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Monsignor Martinez posted:

You need an avatar + text

Monsignor Martinez
Feb 12, 2010

by Peatpot

Tender Bender posted:

Yeah it's one of those things people parrot so they sound in the know, like how the Beatles just made generic pop until they started doing drugs and got good.
That's literally exactly what it's like. Fairweather fans would be flattery.

"Wow, Poison Control! That's even higher than Number One!!.....Hello?!"

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

regulargonzalez posted:

It's based on a simple truth -- depressed George > angry George

This is pretty much true to be honest. Although I did love the James Spader episode.

Invis
Apr 26, 2010
"It's a story about love, deception, greed, lust and...unbridled enthusiasm."

Andore
Aug 27, 2003

Is there a reason why they didn't use the cut of Kramer burping smoke in The Sniffing Accountant? I saw the episode recently and I was sure it was in the actual episode and not just an outtake.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

They said the joke was too broad I think.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Invis posted:

"It's a story about love, deception, greed, lust and...unbridled enthusiasm."
That's what led to Billy Mumphrey's downfall.

ff7cid
Jun 27, 2008

Beartato! I just became aware of the vast speed at which we are hurtling through the universe! Now it's all I can think about!
I just read through this entire thread over the course of the last week or so, couldn't stop laughing the whole time. I love Seinfeld, it's one of those shows I was too young to really enjoy when it aired but became addicted to through syndication. My roommate in freshmen year owned the entire box set and would watch 2-3 episodes a night to unwind - we must have watched the entire show at least 3 or 4 times.

"That's a shame" is something that quickly worked its way into my common vocabulary, along with "the summer of _____"

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I always love Jackie Childs being the one to confirm that 'They're real and they're spectacular!' in the finale.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
Maaaaan! We're missing the deathblow!

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.

Leyburn posted:

Oh I'm looking right at you big daddy.

The little names Kramer and Jerry would call each other were pretty funny. I remember 'big daddy', 'Monjamba', and 'Dr. Cyclops', don't remember if there were any more.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

TMMadman posted:

I always love Jackie Childs being the one to confirm that 'They're real and they're spectacular!' in the finale.

Jackie Chiles :eng101:

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Was the contest episode the same one where George becomes brilliant?

If so, he admitted to cheating in the last episode. How did he pull of being so brilliant? It was his greatest con yet!

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

Evil Agita posted:

Was the contest episode the same one where George becomes brilliant?

If so, he admitted to cheating in the last episode. How did he pull of being so brilliant? It was his greatest con yet!

Wasn't the contest episode, but that's one of my favorites. Requesting a GIF of Elaine being mesmerized by the tires spinning on each other.

Monsignor Martinez
Feb 12, 2010

by Peatpot
No, "The Abstinence" was the one where George becomes brilliant, you're off by 4 seasons.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

Karl Rove posted:

The little names Kramer and Jerry would call each other were pretty funny. I remember 'big daddy', 'Monjamba', and 'Dr. Cyclops', don't remember if there were any more.

I think Kramer called Newman "Big Daddy"

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I think my favorite minor character is the cab driver elaine is with, in that episode when she gets those Malaysian glasses to spite that writer.

"Smugness is a very bad quality"
"Good, revenge is very good" :geno:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Speaking of minor characters, who was that guy that was in a ton of episodes, usually as a background character. He was fairly tall, british accent, late 40's/early 50's, reddish blonde hair. I assume he was some crew member of the show that offered his services on-screen at times, but he's probably in the most episodes outside of the mains and LD.

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Speaking of minor characters, who was that guy that was in a ton of episodes, usually as a background character. He was fairly tall, british accent, late 40's/early 50's, reddish blonde hair. I assume he was some crew member of the show that offered his services on-screen at times, but he's probably in the most episodes outside of the mains and LD.

It sounds like you're talking about Norman Brenner.

IIRC, they said on the DVD extras or commentaries somewhere that he was Michael Richards' stand-in on the show, and so he frequently showed up whenever they needed an extra.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

mojo1701a posted:

Jackie Chiles :eng101:

drat you! :argh:

For pointing out my mistake, I am going to wish you to drop dead!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

TMMadman posted:

drat you! :argh:

For pointing out my mistake, I am going to wish you to drop dead!

I always found Kramer's phrasing of "I wish I don't drop dead!" hilariously awkward and :3:

Mr. Fahrenheit
Feb 9, 2007

by T. Finn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTSdUOC8Kac

Thank god he got on Seinfeld.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Isn't that just a normal hamburger? :confused:

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

MokBa posted:

Isn't that just a normal hamburger? :confused:

No. The hot stays hot, the cool stays cool. The cheese stays woefully unmelted. If I remember correctly they got rid of it because it doubled the packaging for a single burger and therefore doubled the styrofoam that went to the landfill.

Stuntman Mike
Apr 14, 2007
The saucer people are coming!
He's so...thin.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Drunkboxer posted:

No. The hot stays hot, the cool stays cool. The cheese stays woefully unmelted. If I remember correctly they got rid of it because it doubled the packaging for a single burger and therefore doubled the styrofoam that went to the landfill.

It had the misfortune of coming out just as Americans started to realize how much non biodegradable crap we were throwing out. I remember for a while it also marked the end of the traditional Happy Meal box and they started putting Big Macs in a wrapper with only a cardboard ring keeping the wrapper from making the burger look lopsided.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Drunkboxer posted:

But what kind of evil, commie bastard wants unmelted cheese on their burger?

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
Watched The Seven last night, its got some great George freak-outs, including my favorite, when the camera angle gets all intense while he leans out the window and yells "LETS NOT GET CRAZY HERE"

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Stuntman Mike posted:

He's so...thin.

That was the first thing I thought too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fahrenheit
Feb 9, 2007

by T. Finn

Stuntman Mike posted: