Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RapeWhistle
May 26, 2009
This may not be gold, but I think it's pretty cool.

http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/cto/1858064744.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets

Sir Tonk posted:

Is this a common thing for people to claim?

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1826539627.html

Click here for the full 1377x1184 image.

Car has 56,600 original miles regardless of error on car facts.

I've seen carfax reports with obvious typos on them. Usually it's easy tell, like three mileage records in a row reading 50,000, then 153,000, then 56,000
The data they have is only as good as what the lowest common denominator shop monkey types in after all.

Cpaka
Jun 6, 2007

Here is a pretty sweet Camero you guys.

Click here for the full 1196x979 image.

:c00l:

lazer_chicken
May 14, 2009

PEW PEW ZAP ZAP

quadpus posted:

I've seen carfax reports with obvious typos on them. Usually it's easy tell, like three mileage records in a row reading 50,000, then 153,000, then 56,000
The data they have is only as good as what the lowest common denominator shop monkey types in after all.

Yeah on my old forester the carfax claimed it had like 24k on it a few weeks after it was purchased and then went back down to a reasonable number a few months later. My parents were the original owners so I know it's just a mistake somewhere, but goddamn if carfax didn't flag the car as POSSIBLE ODOMETER FRAUD.

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A chump and a hoagie going buck wild
Citroen DS21 for $990? Only when it's "was running when parked"!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Cpaka posted:

When you've just got to have seating for four in your Corvette...

Rogz
Jul 22, 2009

Mr booby head vagina man.
It can happen, the reading on my car is 26k off because some retard MOT tester couldn't read an odometer.

It rolled and went to 14k, so he put 140k on the certificate... this was before I bought it.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

RapeWhistle posted:

This may not be gold, but I think it's pretty cool.

http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/cto/1858064744.html
Screenshots.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Cpaka posted:

Am I broken if I really like this? :ohdear: Well, minus the godawful bling wheels at least, and I probably would have done something different with the interior, but still.

Cheap Bourbon
Apr 13, 2010

Black88GTA posted:

Am I broken if I really like this? :ohdear: Well, minus the godawful bling wheels at least, and I probably would have done something different with the interior, but still.

Broken, yes...(sorry, something about the lines of the car needing something to break it up via paintjob)

I lost it when there are two numbers to call depending if you are bi-lingual or not.

Cpaka
Jun 6, 2007

Cheap Bourbon posted:

...I lost it when there are two numbers to call depending if you are bi-lingual or not.
That's pretty much par for the course in Miami.

Cheap Bourbon
Apr 13, 2010

Cpaka posted:

Sheez now I feel bad. I'm not bi-lingual unless you count "Appalachian-American" and English as two separate tongues.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!

Cheap Bourbon posted:

Sheez now I feel bad. I'm not bi-lingual unless you count "Appalachian-American" and English as two separate tongues.

Wel' hawt dayum, ainchyoo jussa funny lil sumbitch?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Sir Tonk posted:

Why would you even say that if you haven't provided the VIN?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Black88GTA posted:

Yes. Round rear end, square face.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

VideoTapir posted:

Yes. Round rear end, square face.

This is a reasonable way to combine a Corvette with another Chevy:

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1859171523.html

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Cpaka posted:

Yep, I immediately thought, "Miami." Then I looked up and saw Kendall, so, yeah... Miami.

Cheap Bourbon posted:

You'll feel even worse when you try to get a job at McDonalds and realize the other twelve applicants speak a minimum of two languages.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Sir Tonk posted:

Actually, yes. At some point I took my lexus in for service and the technician typed in 191K miles instead of 119K miles. There is, as far as I know, no easy way to correct it and it forever says "INCORRECT MILEAGE REPORTED" on the results.

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

Sir Tonk posted:

Is this a common thing for people to claim?

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1826539627.html

Click here for the full 1377x1184 image.

If it really has an original 5.7L/L98 engine (extremely unlikely) it might be worth something, as supposedly only about 50 (fifty) 1986 IROCs were made with that motor, and only for testing. It wasn't a regular option until '87.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Tai-Pan posted:

Actually, yes. At some point I took my lexus in for service and the technician typed in 191K miles instead of 119K miles. There is, as far as I know, no easy way to correct it and it forever says "INCORRECT MILEAGE REPORTED" on the results.

So it's kind of like the no-fly list and the sex-offender registry?

Either way, that's retarded. If their whole business is selling people accurate information about cars, the should probably institute a method to fix entry errors.

edit

Here's something nice.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1865418143.html

Click here for the full 1175x920 image.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jul 27, 2010

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Maybe if I sell enough undercoating, I'll eventually stop being a gigantic prick.

Fuelslt1 fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Nov 28, 2018

threepac
Sep 26, 2008

OHMED!

Fuelslt1 posted:

In my search for a C32 AMG.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/pts/1854824673.html

I will never understand why people do this, especially when they do it to expensive cars

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Paint the grill and the wheels black, and that might look pretty good.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I got your Craigslist Gold right here...

quote:

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ctd/1864618582.html

**CAN'T BEAT A CLASSIC**GOLDEN 1976 YELLOW CHEVY CORVETTE*CD*AUTOMATIC - $4999 (WFJ AUTO @ 16017 SE DIVISION ST PTLD ORE)

***WFJ AUTO WHOLESALE, LLC DA 9578*** ***WE ARE LOCATED AT 16017 SE DIVISION PORTLAND OREGON 97236*** ***CALL US WITH YOUR INQUIRIES AT 503 863 7967*** ***WE ACCEPT VISA/MASTERCARD/DISCOVER*** ***WE OFFER FINANCING AND WELCOME YOUR TRADES*** ****DON'T FORGET TO ASK FOR YOUR FREE CARFAX AND ABOUT OUR EXTENDED WARRANTIES**** ***COME ON OUT TODAY AND MAKE US YOUR BEST OFFER*** **HERE AT WFJ AUTO, YOUR MECHANIC IS ALWAYS WELCOME!!**

When I first saw the pictures I thought the front bumper had a bra over it. Nope. Front bumper cover is missing and looks like it got broken off. ("It had a crack so we took it off. We can get a new one." Uh huh.) Lots of deep dings and scratches, too. Most of the exposed metal I saw had some rust on it; I only imagine what the frame was like.

They had to use a portable jump-starter to get it going. Engine sounded beautiful. Turn signals, tachometer, outside drivers door handle were all busted. Driver's seat in poo poo shape.

They sent me on a test drive (I had no intention of buying it going in, and less so after the initial impression) and the fucker died on me at the first light I came to. Turned the key to restart and nothing, not even a click. That was a fun experience.

But I learned that I fit in a C3! :buddy:

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn
I'm pretty sure 5 grand would get you a mint 80s C3 even up here in Canada and those ones are putting out a fair bit more power.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Pretty Little Rainbow posted:

I'm pretty sure 5 grand would get you a mint 80s C3 even up here in Canada and those ones are putting out a fair bit more power.

The Craiglist market for Corvettes seems to be somewhat more inflated down here.

But the other half of it was that this was a pretty dodgy used car lot.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

The Craiglist market for Corvettes seems to be somewhat more inflated down here.

But the other half of it was that this was a pretty dodgy used car lot.

I managed to find this, factor in the fact that cars are usually 1-2 more grand in Canada and it seems about right.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/1864930976.html

Most of the prices were up around 10 grand for some drat good examples, I was a bit confused and then I remembered these cars are starting to hit the magic 30 year mark and things have changed from my youth when C3s were commonly seen with stupid retarded widebody kits on them and poo poo since they were cheap as hell.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Yeah, I've seen C3s go for stupid amounts here lately. My neighbor had his 79-80 for sale. It was in really nice shape, but he had it listed for $14 500. Just parked on the street corner at a high visibility intersection. We were having beers and I told him I thought he was on glue and he'd be lucky to get anywhere near $10 for it. Max.

He had the last laugh when he came over the next day and told me he got $14000 for it.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

slidebite posted:

Yeah, I've seen C3s go for stupid amounts here lately. My neighbor had his 79-80 for sale. It was in really nice shape, but he had it listed for $14 500. Just parked on the street corner at a high visibility intersection. We were having beers and I told him I thought he was on glue and he'd be lucky to get anywhere near $10 for it. Max.

He had the last laugh when he came over the next day and told me he got $14000 for it.

:wtc: Isn't the 79-80 C3 basically the worst Corvette ever? I can't imagine they cost $14k brand new.

Throatwarbler fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jul 27, 2010

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

slidebite posted:

Seems like the old Z cars have shot up in price too. I remember just a few years ago it seemed like there was never one above $3000 on Craigslist, nowadays they keep getting put up for $4, $5, hell even $8000. Some guy recently put one up for $2500 and it was gone in a day.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Throatwarbler posted:

:wtc: Isn't the 79-80 C3 basically the worst Corvette ever? I can't imagine they cost $14k brand new.

Well yeah, but your typical Corvette buyer doesn't concern themselves with such trivialities. It just needs to have four taillights and say CORVETTE on the rear end. If I had more property and knew how to do body/paint work I'd just buy up a bunch of beater C3's and turn them for five grand profit.

I'll admit that I really like the body-style on the C3's, but there's no way I'll pay what people are asking for them these days.

edit

The best deals I seem to be finding on Craigslist these days is from people that can't spell stuff like 'convertible' and 'ford'.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/1866799963.html

1988 Fiero 355 Ferr@ri kit car project or race car - $2500 (Plainfield , IN)

Only needs about 400 hours of work to finish.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Elephanthead posted:

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/1866799963.html

1988 Fiero 355 Ferr@ri kit car project or race car - $2500 (Plainfield , IN)

Only needs about 400 hours of work to finish.

Screenshots please (linked for big):

http://i32.tinypic.com/sx0kna.png

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Fiero idiot posted:

The 4 cyl head was removed to inspect why it was burning water.
This cracked me up, I can just imagine some fiberglass resin huffing retard saying this.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Poisonlizard posted:

This cracked me up, I can just imagine some fiberglass resin huffing retard saying this.

Why? If an engine is burning coolant, that's a sign of a blown headgasket, and it'd make sense to pull such an engine and open it up.

Out of everything that is retarded and wrong about that car, that tiny detail seems like it actually makes a lick of sense?

blankooie
Jul 21, 2009
http://limaohio.craigslist.org/cto/1859411464.html

take THAT environment!

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

deviant. posted:

Screenshots please (linked for big):

http://i32.tinypic.com/sx0kna.png

Notice the rear wheel. Not even close to the center of the rear wheel well.

Rogz
Jul 22, 2009

Mr booby head vagina man.
He doesn't care. He's got a real Ferrari now.

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004

DarthJeebus posted:

Click here for the full 1323x650 image.

I don't know fix! Transmission is good in the body! Thank!

Do you ever want to call the seller and ask them to read their craigslist ad back to you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

blankooie posted:

http://limaohio.craigslist.org/cto/1859411464.html

take THAT environment!

"Drive anywhere".

Provided "anywhere" is at least as wide as the interstate.

Edit: Real gold? :swoon:

Click here for the full 725x749 image.

Kibbles n Shits fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 28, 2010