Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
The funny thing about George/Jason Alexander is that he really is actually pretty slim (at least most of the time, and I watch the show all out of order in syndication so I never know what season I'm looking at). He's got big burly shoulders and he's short, so he appears to be very...robust, shall we say, but in scenes when he's wearing jeans and has his shirt tucked in, he's got a pretty trim waistline.

It's probably weird that I've thought about him that much, but there you go. Also, in full disclosure, when I started watching the show I thought George Costanza was the least attractive character in television history (seriously, WHO would date HIM?) but having seen a number of behind-the-scenes interviews with Jason Alexander I think he's kind of cute now oh god the shame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Rabbit Hill posted:

but having seen a number of behind-the-scenes interviews with Jason Alexander I think he's kind of cute now oh god the shame

I think it moved

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
I'm sure it didn't move.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Rabbit Hill posted:

The funny thing about George/Jason Alexander is that he really is actually pretty slim (at least most of the time, and I watch the show all out of order in syndication so I never know what season I'm looking at). He's got big burly shoulders and he's short, so he appears to be very...robust, shall we say, but in scenes when he's wearing jeans and has his shirt tucked in, he's got a pretty trim waistline.

They used to dress him in clothes that were one size too small for that reason, and to make him look uptight.

They also used to dress Michael Richards in clothes that were one size too big for the opposite effect.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The bald son of a bitch killed my mother :mad:

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

mojo1701a posted:

They also used to dress Michael Richards in clothes that were one size too big for the opposite effect.

Except for the pants, I guess. He's got a Michael Jackson thing going on.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight
A special treat today in the form of a couple episodes. The first one was "The Doll" which I completely forgot as being one of my favorites. It's just so perfect the way the doll looks like Estelle and George freaking out about it. I laughed after Jerry's line "...I'm just glad it's outta here!"

The second episode was the pilot and though I have all the seasons, it's been a while since I've seen it (TBS usually airs the shows in order... they showed the finale last night) and I forgot the little parts that helped make the show what it is. Kramer and his tearing of Jerry's magazine. George and his confused look at the airport greeting.

What a brilliant show. From beginning to end.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Stuntman Mike posted:

He's so...thin.

It probably also didn't help that on the show, the producers purposely dressed him in clothing that was one size too small to make sure George looked "unhip."

Secks posted:

A special treat today in the form of a couple episodes. The first one was "The Doll" which I completely forgot as being one of my favorites. It's just so perfect the way the doll looks like Estelle and George freaking out about it. I laughed after Jerry's line "...I'm just glad it's outta here!"

Strangely enough, the Doll was on my local channel last night. I hadn't seen that one in forever.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm gonna sew his rear end to his face! :argh:

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007
Kramer's reaction to George saying "I've always been a stall man" is hilarious in the note. He starts talking, then shoots George this strange look, and then goes right back to talking to Jerry.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
I finally caught up on Season 7 of Curb Your Enthusiasm, and the Seinfeld stuff was just awesome. I loved that they actually played out whole scenes from the reunion show, on the original sets, with the music and everything. It was great to see, and just a lot of fun.

That said, the episode with the bare midriff was probably the funniest of the Curb-related stuff, but the finale was amazing because of all the Seinfeld segments.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Mr. Fahrenheit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTSdUOC8Kac

Thank god he got on Seinfeld.

This lettuce... IS STAYING ALL CRISPY!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ishamael posted:

That said, the episode with the bare midriff was probably the funniest of the Curb-related stuff, but the finale was amazing because of all the Seinfeld segments.

The scene at the end of that episode where Larry falls and clings onto the bare midriff for life was loving amazing. The Seinfeld stuff was great, I especially enjoyed that scene where Larry is standing just staring at the re-created sets, that was pretty cool.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Mr. Fahrenheit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTSdUOC8Kac

Thank god he got on Seinfeld.

Well I'll be, he has lost a LOT of hair.

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

We have evolved beyond the need for posting.

Soiled Meat

Evil Agita posted:

He's got a little hair hat there.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Evil Agita posted:

That's what they tell him.

Chicolini
Sep 22, 2007

I hate cold showers. They stimulate me and then I don't know what to do.

Click here for the full 720x540 image.

Click here for the full 720x540 image.

Man, sometimes the "Notes About Nothing" really phone it in.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Yesss the speed dial episode is on TBS right now.

"Poison Control? That's even higher than #1!"

edit: Also, George trying to get fired. "Attention front office morons...your accomplishments are meaningless!"

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Listen, Jerry doesn't wanna talk to you.

Nobody wants to talk to you, so why don't you just ... drop dead!

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

haljordan posted:

edit: Also, George trying to get fired. "Attention front office morons...your accomplishments are meaningless!"

Elaine's problem in this one is fantastic.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

Your Proud Pal posted:

Elaine's problem in this one is fantastic.

I think I'll just build a roller coaster instead...

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"

Martytoof posted:

Listen, Jerry doesn't wanna talk to you.

Nobody wants to talk to you, so why don't you just ... drop dead!

You told Nana to drop dead?!

The Infamous Shane
Dec 19, 2007
Call me Shane Mcloon, Super Goon.
She's on a fixed income!

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Bozo the Clown? B-o, Z-o?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

So Mom and Pop's plan was to move into the neighbourhood..

Establish trust -- for 48 years..

And then run off with Jerry's sneakers?

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

haljordan posted:

I fear no reprisal.

Martytoof posted:

So Mom and Pop's plan was to move into the neighbourhood..

Establish trust -- for 48 years..

And then run off with Jerry's sneakers?

Evidently.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

neoboman posted:

I fear no reprisal.

I can't believe you, bodysuit man, would perpetrate such an act.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Meet the Mets
Meet the Mets.
Come right out
and GREET THE METS!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jerry: ...so, who is doing your old job?
George: ....they... bring in an intern for a couple of hours a week....

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
Jerry: (Looking at diorama) When did you build this?
George: Took the day off work.

hrpff
Jun 19, 2004
undercooked Wendy's burgers or something
I was bald.

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"

hrpff posted:

I was bald.

Holy poo poo. I didn't realize what that was supposed to be until I saw the image name. They're making a Fairly OddParents live action movie, with Jason Alexander and Cheryl Hines?? :aaa:

I love that Jason is wearing a George plaid shirt there too.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

haljordan posted:

I hate to quote my own post, but Jerry's reaction to finding out Valerie's mom was seriously ill was classic. I love the complete lack of concern. Isn't that one of the signs that you might be a sociopath?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Why separate knob!
Why separate knob!

Bobfromsales
Apr 2, 2010

Flobbster posted:

Holy poo poo. I didn't realize what that was supposed to be until I saw the image name. They're making a Fairly OddParents live action movie, with Jason Alexander and Cheryl Hines?? :aaa:

I love that Jason is wearing a George plaid shirt there too.

I think somewhere in the DVD interviews he says how he kept a lot of george's wardrobe and still wears it.

Stuntman Mike
Apr 14, 2007
The saucer people are coming!
Wait a minute...this looks familiar. This reminds me of something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-FbktgqCqY

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Karl Rove posted:

Jerry: (Looking at diorama) When did you build this?
George: Took the day off work.

George: (picking up Red Power Ranger) Now, from the time i left the room...
Jerry: Wait, that's you?
George: Yeah.
Jerry: (picks up Yellow Peanut M&M)I think the M&M should be you.

The looks that pass between George and Jerry during this scene always kill me. Especially when George snatches the M&M and yells out "Fine, whatever".

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

TMMadman posted:

George: (picking up Red Power Ranger) Now, from the time i left the room...
Jerry: Wait, that's you?
George: Yeah.
Jerry: (picks up Yellow Peanut M&M)I think the M&M should be you.

The looks that pass between George and Jerry during this scene always kill me. Especially when George snatches the M&M and yells out "Fine, whatever".

"When did you build this?"

"Took the day off."

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

haljordan posted:

"When did you build this?"

"Took the day off."

...you just responded to his quote with the same quote he was responding to...it's the Simpsons thread all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I was in NYC last weekend and I ate at Tom's Restaurant, which Monk's Cafe is based on in Seinfeld. It has that familiar "RESTAURANT" sign every time they cut to the restaurant. The food there was really loving good, and for a good price. I don't think they had a big salad though.