Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
When a patient is difficult, you QUONE him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

greatn posted:

I don't think they had a big salad though.

The one Elaine paid for?

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

greatn posted:

I was in NYC last weekend and I ate at Tom's Restaurant, which Monk's Cafe is based on in Seinfeld. It has that familiar "RESTAURANT" sign every time they cut to the restaurant. The food there was really loving good, and for a good price. I don't think they had a big salad though.

Should have gone to Mendy's.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Kramer getting hit in the head at the Yankees game in "The Letter" pretty much never gets old.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

greatn posted:

I was in NYC last weekend and I ate at Tom's Restaurant, which Monk's Cafe is based on in Seinfeld. It has that familiar "RESTAURANT" sign every time they cut to the restaurant. The food there was really loving good, and for a good price. I don't think they had a big salad though.

You had to have the BIIIIIIIIIIIIIG SALAD!

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

The Human Cow posted:

Seconding this. It's the BEST. THE BEST, GREATN, THE BEST.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

explosivo posted:

Kramer getting hit in the head at the Yankees game in "The Letter" pretty much never gets old.

Well you know I own the inside of that plate Jerry! So.... I had to plunk him!

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

explosivo posted:

I love how he just dives on top of that black dude; best physical comedian ever.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Kevyn posted:

When a patient is difficult, you QUONE him!

Every time I play Scrabble I try to get away with using that word if I have those letters.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

The Human Cow posted:

OOOOOOOOOH

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Human Cow posted:

But a soup isn't a meal!

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Seinfeld really did love its food, and food-related plots.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
Is it in the Big Salad where they change coffee shop? And in the end of the episode George is sitting alone at a table eating a meal for like 1 minute? I remember I laughed really hard at that.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
I saw "The Stake Out" today like the above posters and almost poo poo a brick when i saw Jerry's dad. Had no idea another actor portrayed him for one episode.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

von Braun posted:

Is it in the Big Salad where they change coffee shop? And in the end of the episode George is sitting alone at a table eating a meal for like 1 minute? I remember I laughed really hard at that.

The Big Salad is when George buys Elaine the BIG SALAD from Monk's and gets all upset when his girlfriend gives it to Elaine.

George sitting alone is from when Elaine and Susan become friends and George walks in on Jerry, Susan, Elaine, and Kramer all sitting in one booth.

Unless I'm just confusing episodes. I've literally run through seasons one through six over the past week so they're all kind of starting to blur together :q:

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

"My neck is one gargantuan monkey fist"

I want John O' Hurley to do audiobooks in his J Peterman voice.

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.

von Braun posted:

You're talking about Reggie's the Bizarro diner. In "The Soup" George dates a waitress at Monk's and it goes bad and so he has to eat alone at Reggie's. The exact same shot was used in "The Pool Guy" when his worlds collide and he has to escape so he goes to Reggie's to eat alone. Reggie's actually appears in episodes besides that, too.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

THAT is one magic loogie.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

safety dan posted:

You're talking about Reggie's the Bizarro diner. In "The Soup" George dates a waitress at Monk's and it goes bad and so he has to eat alone at Reggie's.

Is that the episode where they leave the diner and Jerry sends George back in to ask her on a date, and George is freaking out because if he gets rejected he has to turn around and leave again after already leaving once?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

Is that the episode where they leave the diner and Jerry sends George back in to ask her on a date, and George is freaking out because if he gets rejected he has to turn around and leave again after already leaving once?

The toughest move in the business

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Supreme Allah posted:

The toughest move in the business

Surely that would be dumping a girlfriend and then dating their roommate?

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Jerusalem posted:

Surely that would be dumping a girlfriend and then dating their roommate?

That's not tough, it's impossible. Do you realize in the entire history of Western civilization no one has successfully accomplished the Roommate Switch? In the Middle Ages, you could get locked up for even suggesting it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Leovinus posted:

That's not tough, it's impossible. Do you realize in the entire history of Western civilization no one has successfully accomplished the Roommate Switch? In the Middle Ages, you could get locked up for even suggesting it.

Jerry and George shutting themselves away to work on the Roommate Switch is one of my favorite segment/montages, especially when George leaves in dejection and then bursts back into the apartment in a fit of inspiration.

Boner Magnet
Aug 11, 2002
:I

Martytoof posted:

Why separate knob!
Why separate knob!

This son of a bitch is ice-cold.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

Jerusalem posted:

Jerry and George shutting themselves away to work on the Roommate Switch is one of my favorite segment/montages, especially when George leaves in dejection and then bursts back into the apartment in a fit of inspiration.

Apparently the sequence was based on how Jerry and Larry David worked on difficult rewrites.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6_pv_vRHKI

"Do you ever just get down on your knees and thank God that you know me and have access to my dementia?"

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
"Oh, it's a scene, man."

Thenipwax
Jun 20, 2001

by Ozmaugh

Flobbster posted:

They're making a Fairly OddParents live action movie, with Jason Alexander and Cheryl Hines?? :aaa:

How does Cheryl Hines just get hotter and hotter? She wouldn't even get a second look from me if she still looked like Season 1 of Curb, but now she's just getting better and better looking (much like Julia Louis Dreyfuss).

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Thenipwax posted:

How does Cheryl Hines just get hotter and hotter? She wouldn't even get a second look from me if she still looked like Season 1 of Curb, but now she's just getting better and better looking (much like Julia Louis Dreyfuss).

They both set the bar very low to start off and work their way up as the show progresses. A lot of slightly older TV women have this syndrome - including the mom from 'Home Improvement' and the one from 'Everybody Loves Raymond'

Thenipwax
Jun 20, 2001

by Ozmaugh

Supreme Allah posted:

They both set the bar very low to start off and work their way up as the show progresses. A lot of slightly older TV women have this syndrome - including the mom from 'Home Improvement' and the one from 'Everybody Loves Raymond'
I've seen way too many goons talking about how the Home Improvement mom is hot. She isn't, and in fact is the exact image in my mind when anybody mentions "mom jeans".

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Thenipwax posted:

I've seen way too many goons talking about how the Home Improvement mom is hot. She isn't, and in fact is the exact image in my mind when anybody mentions "mom jeans".

I don't care if you classify her as hot per se, but she ENDED better looking than she started. So if you think that she went from really frumpy to just moderately frumpy, she's still a valid example. I didn't think she was that bad but I'd not call her hot either.

Wotan
Aug 15, 2009

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.
What kind of pen is that?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hank Morgan posted:

Apparently the sequence was based on how Jerry and Larry David worked on difficult rewrites.

Ha, when I was thinking about the scene I had an image in my head of Jerry and Larry having similar experiences, that's great.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

TMMadman posted:

But a soup isn't a meal!
Crackers in a bowl...? That could be a meal.

Chicolini
Sep 22, 2007

I hate cold showers. They stimulate me and then I don't know what to do.
I went in with a pretty woman? You know, kinda short, big wall o' hair, face like a frying pan?

Yanni Estacado
May 3, 2007

by T. Mascis

Lord Hydronium posted:

Seinfeld really did love its food, and food-related plots.

DRIVER: (To Assistant) I didn't take your Chuckle, man!

ASSISTANT: I had five Chuckles. I ate a green one, and the yellow one, and the red one is missing!

DRIVER: I don't even like Chuckles!

JERRY: (To Assistant) Maybe he doesn't like them. That's possible.

GEORGE: My face! My face! Get me to the hospital!

ASSISTANT: I want that Chuckle! You hear me?!

JERRY: (To Assistant) I'll get you a Chuckle. You want me to get you a Chuckle?

ASSISTANT: (Angry, to Driver) Pull over!

DRIVER: Pull over? Did you say pull over?! You want a piece of me?!

ASSISTANT: Yeah!

JERRY: You're gonna fight?

GEORGE: Now?! I'm a mutant!

KRAMER: (To Driver) Hey, let me drive.

ASSISTANT: Come on, man. Pull over!

DRIVER: Alright! I'm gonna mess you up, man!

definitely one of the most bizarre endings

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"

Thenipwax posted:

Part of Julia Louis-Dreyfus's problem in the early part of Seinfeld was those awful dresses they had her wearing, and with the longer curlier hair it made her look a little odd. Once they modernized her wardrobe it was a big change -- but of course she's aged incredibly well too, cuz she still looks hot today.

Jerry's wardrobe wasn't a whole lot better, in some of those early episodes where he was wearing a pink undershirt with a bright purple dress shirt over it :gonk:

At least Kramer's retro shirts were timeless.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Well it was the 90's..

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Flobbster posted:

Jerry's wardrobe wasn't a whole lot better, in some of those early episodes where he was wearing a pink undershirt with a bright purple dress shirt over it :gonk:

At least Kramer's retro shirts were timeless.

That was Jerry with his celebrity lifestyle-- flashy, making the scene, flouting convention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I love that "Eric" the clown was played by Jon Favreau. When I saw that on his imdb page my head nearly exploded :aaaaa: