Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Episode
Mar 27, 2010

Kipory posted:

More on the Oddparent's thing:

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/cartoon-culture/fairly-odd.html

So, are they going to CG Hines and Alexander's heads onto tiny bodies? Because that would be terrifying.

Kipory posted:

Hmm? What's this about Yogi Be----aaagggh
Aw, geez, Dan Ackroyd, you used to be cool. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Episode posted:

Aw, geez, Dan Ackroyd, you used to be cool. :(

Yeah, he's not a very good Yogi. He says average instead of a-ver-age. :colbert:

Bets on next old cartoon/comic strip movie anyone? My money's still on Cathy.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Chibs posted:

Yeah, he's not a very good Yogi. He says average instead of a-ver-age. :colbert:
For what it's worth, Justin Timberlake does a dead-on Boo-Boo.

Chibs posted:

Cathy seems more like Lifetime original series fodder.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Kipory posted:

More on the Oddparent's thing:

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/cartoon-culture/fairly-odd.html

Oh there's just nothing about this whole thing that isn't a tragically bad idea.

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Y-Hat posted:

For what it's worth, Justin Timberlake does a dead-on Boo-Boo.

I know! Colour me shocked. I mean, who would've thought to cast him in the first place?

quote:

Cathy seems more like Lifetime original series fodder.

I'm thinking Kathy Bates or Camryn Manheim in the title role.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Tartarus Sauce posted:

I'm thinking Kathy Bates or Camryn Manheim in the title role.

Rosie O'Donnell, book it.

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

IRQ posted:

Rosie O'Donnell, book it.

Oop, good call, you win.

Episode
Mar 27, 2010

Chibs posted:

I'm betting on a live action Family Circus where the kids are unnecessarily done in CGI. Just imagine a bunch of digitally created midgets with creepy oversized smiles.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Episode posted:

I'm betting on a live action Family Circus where the kids are unnecessarily done in CGI. Just imagine a bunch of digitally created midgets with creepy oversized smiles.

And then there are the heads.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.

Episode posted:

Jesus, and now I'm not sleeping tonight. CGing those little fuckers into a live-action movie is aparantly EXACTLY what my nightmares are made of.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

...of SCIENCE! fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Mar 23, 2014

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
I wouldn't mind a good Pearls Before Swine movie--and, I'd actually prefer it to be 2D. A Bloom County movie might potentially be good, too.

But, chances are they'll bring Beetle Bailey and Archie to the big screen first :(.

Or, they'll do a Peanuts movie, but it will involve Snoopy and Woodstock moving to the big city and dancing to hip hop on Snoopy's iPaw.

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?

Tartarus Sauce posted:

Or, they'll do a Peanuts movie, but it will involve Snoopy and Woodstock moving to the big city and dancing to hip hop on Snoopy's iPaw.

They are actually planning a direct-to-DVD 44-minute Peanuts special revolving around Linus and his blanket and Lucy's attempts to woo Schroeder. It's being adapted from the comics by Craig Schulz and Stephan Pastis of Schulz Creative Associates. Mark Mothersbaugh is doing the music in a Guaraldi-esque style (they're too cheap to pay for the actual Guaraldi songs). The Peanuts franchise has always been looked after very carefully, and I doubt the Schulz estate would allow anyone to "update" it.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
They could make a Calvin and Hobbes movie, but that would result in Bill Watterson exploding and taking the west coast with him, I'm sure.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Kipory posted:

They could make a Calvin and Hobbes movie, but that would result in Bill Watterson exploding and taking the west coast with him, I'm sure.

Every other tasteless idiot in the country already has one of those tacky "peeing Calvin" decals on their car. If that doesn't get his blood boiling I don't know what will.

But yeah, he'd never allow it.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Kipory posted:

Say what you will about Waterson being a weird recluse, but the upside is that horrible cash-ins ala that loving whore Jim Davis will never happen to Calvin and Hobbes.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

IRQ posted:

Say what you will about Waterson being a weird recluse, but the upside is that horrible cash-ins ala that loving whore Jim Davis will never happen to Calvin and Hobbes.

Sadly, that probably also means we'll never get a coffee table book of Calvin Minus Hobbes.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Imagine CGI Calvin asking his mom just the most adorable question before a cut to he and Hobbes going down a hill while born to be wild plays.

Episode
Mar 27, 2010
There's this annoying voice in the back of my mind that keeps saying 'Watterson will die one day and his family will want more money...'

Anyway, weren't we talking about kid's shows at one point?

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Youtube has a posted a preview of Mad.

edit: It looks somewhat promising.

edit2: As well as the The Looney Tunes Show.

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Aug 3, 2010

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?
The Looney Tunes Show looks like it might be pretty good. The character designs don't really look that bad to me- except for Bugs Bunny's head, which for some reason seems off to me.

As for MAD, most of the clips they showed seemed to be pretty badly-animated (except for the Justin Bieber gag and I think the one with Batman in bed). I'm guessing this one will be judged on whether or not it's funny, which I would assume would be a matter of age, much as it is with the magazine itself (Their stock answer for "When did you stop being funny" is both true and a typical MAD-ism: "When you stopped reading us").

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I'm a bit worried by Daffy's voice to be honest but some of physical stuff they were showing in the Looney Tunes Show looked great.

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

Look here, I wrote "big laundry" and I don't even remember what the reason was. I guess I assumed I'd remember, like it was some big genius idea... Big laundry, BIG LAUNDRY! It's crazy, I'm a crazy person.

thelaughingman posted:

Youtube has a posted a preview of Mad.

edit: It looks somewhat promising.

Oh god that looks awful. I still think MAD died with Gaines. Why Kill Yourself indeed.

quote:

edit2: As well as the The Looney Tunes Show.

I'll give it a shot. That looks kinda decent, and the concept of the neighborhood of characters is a good one to work with.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Kipory posted:

This reminds me of when Bill Amend announced that he wouldn't be doing Foxtrot dailies anymore so that he could pursue "other media interests". When I first read that all I could think was "make a cartoon, do it man, do it do it DO IT!!!". But, sadly, it has been 3 years and nothing has come of it, and his Sunday strips just don't have the punch they used to when you had a colour intermission from a week long storyline

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax

mobo85 posted:

^I agree with the "this could go either way" sentiment looking at the writing/directing team, all FOP/Nick stalwarts: Butch Hartman, Scott Fellows, "Savage" Steve Holland. (FOP head writer Steve Marmel jumped ship for Disney and Sonny with a Chance.)

Nickelodeon has been announcing a lot of things lately. Besides the FOP TV-movie, they've also announced an Avatar spin-off, The Legend of Korra, and a new series from Fairly creator Butch Hartman, T.U.F.F. Puppy, about a dim-witted dog who is recruited by a secret agency and is teamed with a cat. Naturally, they don't get along, but must work together in order to stop evil.

Oh hey, it's Spy Fox: The Animated Series.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

GottaPayDaTrollToll posted:

Oh hey, it's Spy Fox: The Animated Series.

Goddammit that would have been awesome. My siblings and I always played those and the Pajama Sam games as kids, and I keep saying that if someone like Telltale revives either of those series I will buy it regardless of the target age group.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Cliff Racer posted:

I'm a bit worried by Daffy's voice to be honest but some of physical stuff they were showing in the Looney Tunes Show looked great.

Daffy is likely voiced by Joe Alaskey, who's been voicing Daffy for 20 something years. I think he'll be fine.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Chowder marathon is on right now. It concludes at 7:30 with the final episode, "Chowder Grows Up."

I didn't know that Schnitzel is voiced by John DiMaggio, better known as the voice of Bender.

edited with the correct time

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Aug 7, 2010

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Thanks for the heads up, I had no idea they had finally scheduled the finale.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
It's not just a marathon, it's a pop-up marathon!

Also grown-up Chowder looks creepy.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

You'll never guess what adult Chowder is called in the credits.

Man Chowder

No, I'm not kidding.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Amorphous Blob posted:

You'll never guess what adult Chowder is called in the credits.

Man Chowder

No, I'm not kidding.
Knowing the creators, this was intentional.

Also, I've never told you that I love your avatar.

Rothgil
May 12, 2008
Chowder's ending was adorable. Loved the child version appearing at the end rejecting his married future.

"Ah we were so cute as kids. Seriously though, no more babies."

Episode
Mar 27, 2010
Ha Ha, sweet, I'm glad this thread touched upon the Chowder finale. What a wonderful series.

Cartoon Network will be less fun and bizarre without this show.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Adult Chowder was weird as hell. But for some reason I'm really really glad Panini finally got what she wanted.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

That episode left me warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Except for Schnitzel's fate. :byodood:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
All this Chowder chat and nobody's gonna mention yesterday's Phineas & Ferb special?
Complete with the most :psyduck:-inducing moment in the entire series.
Yes, Isabella is swinging a leek around.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

404GoonNotFound posted:

All this Chowder chat and nobody's gonna mention yesterday's Phineas & Ferb special?
Ha ha ha they even have a ganguro in there

That's magical.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

404GoonNotFound posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3333002

Also it played on Disney XD a few days ago already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

As far as random Internet references go, it's no Doofenshmirtz attempting to explain lolcats to Agent P.

mobo85 fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Aug 9, 2010