Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Jharkov posted:

Im shopping for a cheap engine to send off to Eddie. but im afraid he'll say no to my 470 order because he doesn't like shipping things overseas.

Z3n, are you getting the same stiction i have with my forks? The suspension shop says its normal for these twin chamber MX forks, but im not entirely convinced

You could have it shipped out to me and I could reship it for you.

And yes, I'm getting the same stiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Z3n posted:

Interesting...good to know. Is the damage in the picture consistent with what you'd expect for it cracking?

Yes and no. The cracks looks like lovely coating that decided it's had enough, but I would have expected to see flaking also. In two-stroke applications, the coating usually starts coming off around the ports before you get any other visible indicators of fuckery.

Z3n posted:

And hell yeah I love useless information...even if it means I can't blame the damage on the PO. :v: Thanks for explaining that.

Despite of what I said earlier, I wouldn't let him off the hook just yet. Is leaded fuel still available in Cali, or wherever the PO lives? Because the yellow deposits in the combustion chamber, around the edge of the piston, and in the top of the bore makes me curious. Spark plug looking alright?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jharkov posted:

Z3n, are you getting the same stiction i have with my forks? The suspension shop says its normal for these twin chamber MX forks, but im not entirely convinced

I'm pretty sure it is normal. Between me and two buddies who all had DRZSM's, all of our forks had some slight stiction.

Its just the design.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Yes and no. The cracks looks like lovely coating that decided it's had enough, but I would have expected to see flaking also. In two-stroke applications, the coating usually starts coming off around the ports before you get any other visible indicators of fuckery.

I'd figure that the ports are a higher stress area though, so it seems like considering the (relative) uniformity of a 4t cylinder, it'd probably take longer for it to start to flake? Or am I totally off base here?

quote:

Despite of what I said earlier, I wouldn't let him off the hook just yet. Is leaded fuel still available in Cali, or wherever the PO lives? Because the yellow deposits in the combustion chamber, around the edge of the piston, and in the top of the bore makes me curious. Spark plug looking alright?

Nope, no leaded fuel available here. Spark plug looked fine, iirc, it's sitting on the bench, I'll take a quick look/picture of it when I get home.

Phat_Albert posted:

I'm pretty sure it is normal. Between me and two buddies who all had DRZSM's, all of our forks had some slight stiction.

Its just the design.

Yeah, it's just annoying because I can't baseline my forks by bouncing on them because they stiction all to poo poo before I can figure out how the rebound is settling. :sigh: Just have to tune it on the bike, I guess. Also, the drat compression adjusters are like .2 inches from the bottom of the handlebars, which is also annoying as poo poo. Also, what is the second screw on there for?

Last night I picked up a trailtech X2 for the g/f for 80$ and got a new transmission for the DRZ for 85$. Overdrive transmission, here I come!

Z3n fucked around with this message at 17:09 on May 18, 2010

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Z3n posted:

Last night I picked up a trailtech X2 for the g/f for 80$ and got a new transmission for the DRZ for 85$. Overdrive transmission, here I come!

You always alternate what title you call me by. Pick one and either marry me or don't.

There's something wrong with the new front end on Z3n's bike. I'll let him update because I don't know what's up, but when I brake coming off the freeway the front end feels like I'm riding on a flat tire. I rode it to the stable today and back because my bike is dead right now but he told me to leave it at home and take the truck in case it exploded or something like that on me. Party pooper, it was extra fun since it was raining today :colbert:

And his brakes suck. I'm convinced there's something cursed about this bike and it will always be retarded. Pretty hard to compete with my bike anyway :smugbert:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Bunway Airlines posted:

You always alternate what title you call me by. Pick one and either marry me or don't.

There's something wrong with the new front end on Z3n's bike. I'll let him update because I don't know what's up, but when I brake coming off the freeway the front end feels like I'm riding on a flat tire. I rode it to the stable today and back because my bike is dead right now but he told me to leave it at home and take the truck in case it exploded or something like that on me. Party pooper, it was extra fun since it was raining today :colbert:

And his brakes suck. I'm convinced there's something cursed about this bike and it will always be retarded. Pretty hard to compete with my bike anyway :smugbert:

Gain some weight, skinny, you don't compress the front forks enough to make the bike work. :colbert:

I think that with the heavier spring rate plus the fact that I'm still running a shortened, softer shock in the rear, it's just not possible for her to compress the front enough to get it working right. I started with light braking and worked my way up to some rolling stoppies trying to figure out what the hell was going on and it was pretty much dead smooth. I also loosened up and reseated the triples/axle, so maybe things just weren't aligned straight. And honestly, the bike pretty much feels like processed rear end in a top hat right now because the rear suspension is so far off from the front.

I've got the instructions on what to machine down to change the ratios to fit 3rd in the place to make an overdrive gear. :hellyeah:

Jharkov
Feb 26, 2008

by Ozma
I get what you mean with the RM250 front end.
There is an uncertain feel about it.
When i brake, the forks dont dive much, maybe im used to the conventionals diving through the whole travel on braking.

And they are very harsh on the initial stroke, and "wobble" slightly on corrugated roads.

I also have an ohlins rear shock, so i dont know how else i can improve it. I spent big money getting the shop valving and springing the front to match the DRZ.

I also get the flat tyre feeling sometimes. I look down at my wheel and have a look.

One time i actually woke up to a dead flat tyre. pumped it back up and its not leaking a thing a month later. complete mystery.

Jharkov fucked around with this message at 04:48 on May 19, 2010

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Jharkov posted:

I get what you mean with the RM250 front end.
There is an uncertain feel about it.
When i brake, the forks dont dive much, maybe im used to the conventionals diving through the whole travel on braking.

And they are very harsh on the initial stroke, and "wobble" slightly on corrugated roads.

I also have an ohlins rear shock, so i dont know how else i can improve it. I spent big money getting the shop valving and springing the front to match the DRZ.

I also get the flat tyre feeling sometimes. I look down at my wheel and have a look.

One time i actually woke up to a dead flat tyre. pumped it back up and its not leaking a thing a month later. complete mystery.

I actually really like the way they feel thus far, it just REALLY accentuates the failings of the rear end.

I checked the front wheel, pressures are still fine. I have a feeling it's just a setup issue exacerbated by the forks being sprung all wrong for her.

Ohlins shock is next up on the list...huskyclub has some serious deals on ohlins setups.

Have you checked your valve stem? Could be loose...

Also, even with the bike pulling a full on stoppie there's still half the travel left in the forks. I can't wait to air the poo poo out of the bike and see how it responds to that. I am gonna try and back off the compression and rebound a bit and see how things go.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 06:08 on May 19, 2010

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Well, haven't updated here in awhile.

New mods for my DRZ...

Brembo master cylinder/SS front line

Stuff on order:

Rear rack, saddlebags, new tires, 16 tooth front sprockets.

The new engine is in her DRZ, runs great. New Trailtech X2 headlight on her bike. She also managed to light her bike on fire because the saddlebags ended up resting against the exhaust. New plastics are on order, going to use some stock metal to reinforce the plastics.

I'm pretty sure at this point that I'll keep a sumo for street use, and it's back to supersports for me for track use. The idea of racing sumo is cool, but I think I'd need a lot more dirt experience to be halfway decent at it. At the end of this race season I'll either try and find a crashed streetbike or an ex-race bike to use for trackdays and racing.

The 9 is slowly reclogging the carbs in the corner of the garage. I'll get to that...at some point.

I'm about a month off from my trip up to seattle, in the process of getting everything ready for that trip and getting tires, parts, and a helmet sent up there to be waiting for me when I get there.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
which rear rack are you going for?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Armacham posted:

which rear rack are you going for?

There's one on eBay for like 70$ with a bunch of positive feedback so I went for the cheaper, smaller one they offer.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Z3n posted:

The idea of racing sumo is cool, but I think I'd need a lot more dirt experience to be halfway decent at it.
Are you doing it for fun, or are you doing it to win? My thought is that if you're doing it because you enjoy it, who the hell cares if you're a backmarker for a couple of seasons?

I took the MSF at the IMI Motorsports Complex in Erie, CO. There were a number of guys out there on various sumos, and just a couple on sportbikes. The sumo guys never left the pavement, and they looked like they were having WAY more fun.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Z3n posted:

I'm pretty sure at this point that I'll keep a sumo for street use, and it's back to supersports for me for track use. The idea of racing sumo is cool, but I think I'd need a lot more dirt experience to be halfway decent at it. At the end of this race season I'll either try and find a crashed streetbike or an ex-race bike to use for trackdays and racing.

We'll see how you feel after flogging 40.9whp for fury around the track for a few laps.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Jabs posted:

Are you doing it for fun, or are you doing it to win? My thought is that if you're doing it because you enjoy it, who the hell cares if you're a backmarker for a couple of seasons?

I took the MSF at the IMI Motorsports Complex in Erie, CO. There were a number of guys out there on various sumos, and just a couple on sportbikes. The sumo guys never left the pavement, and they looked like they were having WAY more fun.

A bit of both...I'd like to ideally be a bit better than a backmarker, if you're going to be racing around but not actually running up with fast people, then it may as well just be a trackday.

I generally ride my sumo on pavement, and would definitely keep one around, I love it for street use, but I don't know if it quite calls to me for the track.

Zool posted:

We'll see how you feel after flogging 40.9whp for fury around the track for a few laps.

That's why I'm waiting until AFTER I go up to Seattle to figure things out. :v:

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Hows the X2 headlight comparo to stock?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Dubs posted:

The stock headlight on the DRZ is horrible. The original headlight on her bike was an acerbis UFO or whatever the hell it is, and it was decent once the bulbs were replaced with H4s. She's got the halogen X2 offroad model and it's pretty good for street use...better than the stock headlight for sure.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Dubs posted:

It's not as good as you would think. I have yet to test it in pitch-black at night, but overall I'm a bit apathetic towards the light it puts out. It looks cool though! :haw:

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Bunway Airlines posted:

It's not as good as you would think. I have yet to test it in pitch-black at night, but overall I'm a bit apathetic towards the light it puts out. It looks cool though! :haw:

I felt the same way about the acerbis cyclops, but my girlfriend thinks it looks cool so she doesn't care

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
ignore this.

PadreScout fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jun 3, 2010

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Z3n posted:

The stock headlight on the DRZ is horrible. The original headlight on her bike was an acerbis UFO or whatever the hell it is, and it was decent once the bulbs were replaced with H4s. She's got the halogen X2 offroad model and it's pretty good for street use...better than the stock headlight for sure.

Bunway Airlines posted:

That kinda sucks, the X2 is supposed to be one of the better replacements, as with the KTM HID light.

The stocker is also heavy and glass which is a good reason to swap.

Armacham posted:

I felt the same way about the acerbis cyclops, but my girlfriend thinks it looks cool so she doesn't care

This thing is absoluetly loving hideous and is known to put out poo poo light, I don't get why anyone swap it on anything.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dubs posted:

This thing is absoluetly loving hideous and is known to put out poo poo light, I don't get why anyone swap it on anything.
I don't think I've seen a mask looking front end that looks good, ever. Thee SVR guys seem to like them a lot.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Dubs posted:

If it comes down to the Cyclops or that nasty Buell thing, I'd rather see someone go with the Cyclops. They are both offensively ugly, the Cyclops less so.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Dubs posted:

That kinda sucks, the X2 is supposed to be one of the better replacements, as with the KTM HID light.

The stocker is also heavy and glass which is a good reason to swap.

I think the X2 HID would probably be a lot better.

I'm running the cyclops on mine now, it's a headlight, it's passable. I'm running it because the price was right, haha. I've also considered doing some sort of projector setup for my bike but :effort:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Last night, I swapped the stock forks back on Bunway's DRZ, and installed some Pilot Power 2CTs I found very lightly used for 100$. A 160 rear PP 2CT fits nicely with no rubbing.

Tonight I'm gonna put some Pirelli Diablo Supercorsas on my bike, maybe do some oil changes, pull the skidplate off mine, and whatever else I have time to do. I love my tire changer :3:

Also got a pinch flat on the rear 2CT when I went to change it, but it took me about 30 seconds to fit the new one, I was amazed at how easily the tire slid on after I left it in the sun for about an hour. It wasn't even really warm to the touch but it slid on so nicely.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Had a long weekend working on the bikes.

Started in on the fiancee's bike. Hit problem one, the previous owner of the engine I swapped in apparently only knew one torque spec: gently caress-rear end tight.

Punch, dremel, torx bits slammed into it, impact everything, nothing would do it. So I ended up swapping the engine covers in order to actually get the crank cover off. After that, got the bike down to the cams. One valve was right at the tight end of the spec, so I decided to adjust it.

I discovered after I pulled the cam that the shims in the DRZ are the ~10mm ones rather than the 7.48mm ones I had on hand. God..damnit. I even thought that I should double check before pulling the cam but was too lazy. :sigh:

Slapped it all back together, changed the oil, checked the wiring on her Vapor unit, swapped the coil for a stock one. Also installed the MCCT out of her old engine. Bike's running very nicely.

Ran through essentially the same routine on my bike, valves are all in spec. Installed a vapor unit on my bike. Then I bent a 100$ rotor by trying to force it into the mounting ring. gently caress.

Today I used a bit of steel to rig up a support for the side plastics so that the luggage won't burn the side plastics into the exhaust.

Then I decided to 2 tone my wheels, because I've always wanted to do that.

Here's some pictures of the front, I'm pretty bad at remembering to take pictures when I'm working:

Here's the rear hanging from the ceiling:

Accidentally went a bit overboard with the tape, had to peel some back so I could get to one side:

And completed:

My total costs were 5$ for some drop cloths, 6.50$ for the duplicolor metal spray paint, and 5$ for one of those gun grips for a spray can. I also spent 35$ on a nice mask with 2 filter elements, which was worth every penny, it's awesome to be spraying something and smell absolutely nothing.

The process was pretty simple, just cleaned the rim, sanded it, masked it with painters tape, and then hung it from the ceiling in my makeshift painters booth and sprayed a bunch of light coats of paint. It only takes 10 minutes for the stuff to dry, and they recommend one coat followed by another coat immediately. I shook the hell out of the can and on the recommendation of a friend, put it in some hot water to help it spray better. I'm not sure if it helped or not, but for a flake out of a spray can, it came out really nicely.

Triple postin' dis :words:

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face
It looks pretty cool actually, and painting is easier than one might think. Next up: my wheels are going fluorescent 80's pink. Perhaps half blue and half pink, not sure yet.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
What's your rate for tire changes? Will a 12 pack of newcastle do the trick?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

redscare posted:

What's your rate for tire changes? Will a 12 pack of newcastle do the trick?

My rate is laughing at you while you swear at the tire. :xd: I won't turn down beer but I really don't need anything for it. Feel free to ship tires and tubes to my place too, if you want. Hit me up and I'll give you my new address :)

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Z3n posted:

Punch, dremel, torx bits...

...and a nice tight group from a .38 @ 10 paces :)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Marv Hushman posted:

...and a nice tight group from a .38 @ 10 paces :)

We're a .22LR family. :colbert:

Alright, so it's been awhile since I've posted in this thread. Things have generally been on hold recently, considering the trip to seattle, me and the fiancee buying our first car, and some title woes with the ZX9R.

Obviously, you can read about the seattle trip in the seattle trip thread.

Bunway's work unfortunately requires a lot of interaction with people and driving around, so dealing with the motorcycle gear and lack of storage space just became a pain in the rear end. So after some shopping around, we decided to pick up a 2011 Ford Fiesta. It's brand new, fully optioned out, with a 5 speed manual transmission. (sorry for the crap picture, it's all I have at the moment).

Neat car, fun to drive, cheap and nicely equipped.

The title woes with the DRZ revolve around CA's retarded method of handling imports from outside the state. If you have under 7500 miles on the bike, it simply cannot be registered in CA. The 9 has 2200 miles on it, they tried to register it, now it's blacklisted in CA. loving christ. So after some thought (and a few swears over how I decided I'd never part out another bike, sigh), I've decided to part it out. I should be able to get the money I put into it back and then some, so it's not a total loss, I just didn't want to have to deal with it.

As to the DRZs...

Considering Bunway has a reliable commuter, there's not much of a reason to hold on to 2 DRZs, so in the interests of rebuilding a savings account, we decided to build the best DRZ out of the parts off of our 2 bikes and part out the rest. I already have a fair amount of interest in parts, but if anyone needs anything off of a DRZ, let me know.

When it's all said and done, I'm going to have a very nice, bored out, upgraded suspension black DRZ. I was considering not swapping the 39mm flatslide over, but decided in the end that I really don't like how the CVK40 responds to the throttle and honestly all KLR parts are poo poo anyways, gotta get those off my bike. :v: The wheels are gonna get 2 toned blue and white, the black and blue just doesn't pop enough for my tastes.

Finally, I've decided that I'm going back to racing next year. I'm frantically paying off as much debt as possible, and after talking to some friends while volunteering at the last AFM race, I've decided that the meatgrinder rep of the 600 class isn't really justified (the 650 class is just as nuts), so I'm going to try and dig up a cheap R6 production bike, and do what I've always wanted to do and race a 600. It's been almost a year since I've been on a big bike track, so I'm going to spend a decent chunk of next season doing trackdays and I'll try and get in one race weekend at the end of the year to maintain my license, and then in 2012, hopefully armed with some savings and a new bike, I'll try and complete a full season of racing.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Aug 5, 2010

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
I confessed a horrible secret for this account!
Hey Z3n,

That front-end left there is the stock DRZ-400 or the swap you did? Brakes stock too or oversize kit? If you'd be interested in shipping the whole front-end to me (by the way the carbs should be with you next week ;)) maybe we can work something out...

:)

(of course if it's too much hassle to ship such a big thing overseas just say it :ohdear:)

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Z3n posted:

if anyone needs anything off of a DRZ, let me know.

I would like two wheelies and some memories of a day on the logging trails please. :allears:

Good luck on the home economics and the racing! (this sounds sarcastic but is actually well meant)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

^^^^ Only 2 wheelies? Let's not be boring now. :v: ^^^^

Here's some video of the DRZ which is no longer for you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__nYm_O4ruc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTUt0Jjq7oU

Primo Itch posted:

Hey Z3n,

That front-end left there is the stock DRZ-400 or the swap you did? Brakes stock too or oversize kit? If you'd be interested in shipping the whole front-end to me (by the way the carbs should be with you next week ;)) maybe we can work something out...

:)

(of course if it's too much hassle to ship such a big thing overseas just say it :ohdear:)

Erm, sorry, that was a little deceiving. The front end is a 125RMZ front end, held together with Applied triples, Moose racing fatbar conversion holding a yamaha YZF450 bar, with a 320mm countour EBC rotor mounted to a KTM behr wheel assembly, motomaster 4 pot caliper, SS line, and a brembo MC. And some bark busters. And it's going back on the black DRZ as it's front end. I don't think I could sell it because I wouldn't be comfortable having anyone but myself install the custom axle setup needed to convert the KTM rim to the DRZ forks. I'm not particularly concerned about it from a safety standpoint, but it's one of those things where I don't like selling things that I know aren't identical to OEM or better.

I've got 2 sets of right side up (one completely stock, one set lowered 2 inches) forks to sell though.

I was just thinking about those carbs on the way to work this morning, thanks for the update.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 5, 2010

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
Eh, even if you where willing to sell that thing i probably couldn't pay for it with all those mods...

What about the stock forks ? It has the stock threes, stock brakes and 17" wheels?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Primo Itch posted:

Eh, even if you where willing to sell that thing i probably couldn't pay for it with all those mods...

What about the stock forks ? It has the stock threes, stock brakes and 17" wheels?

Yup, I've got a set of stock RSU forks with everything you'd need for a sumo conversion, potentially minus a front brake rotor/relocator. But I could get you a new 320mm one if you wanted it for not much more than I'm selling the used one for (100$ for the used one, 150$ for the new one).

I never think about how much I mod my stuff until I sit down and actually write it all out...half of the upgrades were robbed off of Bunway's bike and the other half were donated or scrounged/found cheap.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Before I buy I need to know if the front brake will trigger the tail light. Thanks in advance!

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006

Z3n posted:

Yup, I've got a set of stock RSU forks with everything you'd need for a sumo conversion, potentially minus a front brake rotor/relocator. But I could get you a new 320mm one if you wanted it for not much more than I'm selling the used one for (100$ for the used one, 150$ for the new one).

I never think about how much I mod my stuff until I sit down and actually write it all out...half of the upgrades were robbed off of Bunway's bike and the other half were donated or scrounged/found cheap.

You have mail.

Yeah, i'm looking for a new front-end for the serow, the stock one is scaring the poo poo out of me lately, to much shaking when leaned down and last trip i got a small slip on the front tire that i still have no idea how i've saved from a very ugly crash against a fricking concrete barrier...

The DRZ forks are fully regulable right?

I was planning on buying the front-end only after the carbs are here, but if we can work out a deal i'll antecipate it...

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Spiffness posted:

Before I buy I need to know if the front brake will trigger the tail light. Thanks in advance!

No, the front brake only triggers the front brake light. Duh. :rolleyes:

Primo Itch posted:

You have mail.

Yeah, i'm looking for a new front-end for the serow, the stock one is scaring the poo poo out of me lately, to much shaking when leaned down and last trip i got a small slip on the front tire that i still have no idea how i've saved from a very ugly crash against a fricking concrete barrier...

The DRZ forks are fully regulable right?

I was planning on buying the front-end only after the carbs are here, but if we can work out a deal i'll antecipate it...

Got your e-mail, you should hit me up on gtalk, it'll be easier to discuss what you need :)

The stock forks are adjustable for rebound and compression. I'm not sure if they're preload adjustable too, I'd have to go back and look at them. You can always adjust preload by adding/removing spacers, but it's a bit more of a pita than just turning an adjuster.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

So I just finished swapping most of the parts over the black DRZ, only thing that's really left is the carb. Had to grind down one of the welds a bit to have it clear the KTM wheel's sprocket bolts, but pretty smooth sailing...

Until I dropped the bike on my foot pulling it off the stand. My ankle is hosed up, but the bike is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Cleaned up the garage today:

Also figured out that I could get rid of the stiction in the forks if I just used the air bleed screws. Whoops, never had forks with those before. Bike handles really nicely at the moment. Quite happy with it. Almost ready to start parting out the DRZ.

• Locked thread