Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

IT'S A TURBO, ELAINE! A TURBO! :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
"Hey... I got Jon Voight's Lebaron."
"Boss!"

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Kevyn posted:

"Hey... I got Jon Voight's Lebaron."
"Boss!"

"Doesn't Jon Voight spell his name J-O-N?"
"So, what are you saying?"
"Nothing. I'm sure 'Jon' probably mispelled his own name. I know sometimes I spell 'Jerry' with a G...and an I! HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Edit: that episode also has "I don't wanna be a cowboy!"

I love in The Scofflaw when Kramer wears that eyepatch.

"You look like a pirate."
"I wanna be a pirate."

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
Oh, don't you? Joke-boy? You really think you can manipulate that beautiful young woman like the half-soused nightclub rabble that lap up your inane "observations"?

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

LesterGroans posted:

"Doesn't Jon Voight spell his name J-O-N?"
"So, what are you saying?"
"Nothing. I'm sure 'Jon' probably mispelled his own name. I know sometimes I spell 'Jerry' with a G...and an I! HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Edit: that episode also has "I don't wanna be a cowboy!"

I love in The Scofflaw when Kramer wears that eyepatch.

"You look like a pirate."
"I wanna be a pirate."

I don't wanna be switzerland!

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

So good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm2iNNqj2fQ

emgeejay fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Aug 9, 2010

Stuntman Mike
Apr 14, 2007
The saucer people are coming!

Jesus, I don't remember him being such a dick. I love it.

the aftermath
Jul 20, 2002

Things Fall Apart

mojo1701a posted:

The shrugging with the "Where could I be?" when it plays the second time is golden.
I was about to say this. One of my favorite Seinfeld moments of all time.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Druggachusettes posted:

Oh, don't you? Joke-boy? You really think you can manipulate that beautiful young woman like the half-soused nightclub rabble that lap up your inane "observations"?

Probably one of the best Newman lines ever...

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

"Everybody's talkin' at me, can't hear a work they're sayin'. Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car!"

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

DrBouvenstein posted:

"Everybody's talkin' at me, can't hear a work they're sayin'. Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car!"

Liam Neeson... you know he's not american!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

HELLLOOOOOOOOOO!

La la la!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Oh no, I don't drink coffee late at night, HUH HUH HUH HUH.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
"2.9% financing on a Toyota 1-ton - That was my idea too!"

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

He just put the kibosh on me, do you know what the kibosh means, it's a kibosh!
Kramer: You see I come up with these things, I know they’re gold, but nothing happens. Do you know why?

Jerry: No resources, no skill, no talent, no ability, no brains?

Kramer: No, no. Time! It’s all this meaningless time. Laundry, grocery shopping, coming in here talking to you. Do you have any idea how much time I waste in this apartment?

Jerry: I can ball park it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'd love to have a Bania head next to this thread's rating, now that it's gone gold.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I dunno about GOLD.

Oh, it's Gold.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Martytoof posted:

HELLLOOOOOOOOOO!

La la la!
I'm as slippery as an eeeeeeel!

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
Hooollaaa! Helllooo!

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight
I'm so glad it's back :haw:

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

safety dan posted:

My favorite George moment is the end of "The Fatigues" when he delivers the Ovaltine bit to the Yankees. That pause after the word "Ovaltine" was the best part of it all. It was like four or five solid seconds. I can't find any of this on youtube though.

I love when he meekly flips to one of the back pages, in the vain hope that it's just the first page that's been switched.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Martytoof posted:

HELLLOOOOOOOOOO!

La la la!

I still greet people with the HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo occasionally.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

"HAAHAHAHAHA"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Martytoof posted:

"HAAHAHAHAHA"

What's that computer or whatever in the background?

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

Some anniversary apple thing. It did not go over well. Google "TAM" I think.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

safety dan posted:

Some anniversary apple thing. It did not go over well. Google "TAM" I think.

Found it, thanks: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twentieth_Anniversary_Macintosh

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
Jerry's gonna be a cable boy, a cable boy, a cable boy...

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
cable boy... cable boy! what have you done to my poor little cable boy?!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

So even though the bloopers are basically almost all "Julia can't not laugh", I still love every single one of them :lol:

Although my favourite thing is how Michael Richards looks almost visibly upset half the time they break character. As if he's got something better to be doing with his time.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Aug 10, 2010

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months

Martytoof posted:

So even though the bloopers are basically almost all "Julia can't not laugh", I still love every single one of them :lol:

Although my favourite thing is how Michael Richards looks almost visibly upset half the time they break character. As if he's got something better to be doing with his time.

He always looks so upset but I find it funny that none of them seem to care. They just keep laughing.

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

Michael Richards is so intense in real life. When he talks about Kramer on the DVDs, it's like he's talking about when he played Hamlet. He was very serious about his comedy. Jerry, Jason, and Julia would go out for food after every episode wrapped up, but Michael would rarely come. I can see him getting pissed about people breaking character to laugh. In "The Parking Garage" that box that he was carrying had a real air conditioner in it because he wanted to feel the heft. When he put it in the trunk he busted his lip on it but didn't break character. In "The Glasses" he's installing a different air conditioner in Jerry's apartment, and when it falls he rushes over to try to catch it. He bruised his rib during the take you see and still didn't break character. Guy's a pro.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

safety dan posted:

Guy's a pro.

Throw his rear end out! He's a pro! He's a pro! He's a pro! A pro, look, there's a pro!

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I know Vanderlay from Vanderlay Industries, but what's the origin of Jerry and Kraner's fake names?

edit: But was there another circumstance where each name was used?

Dr_Amazing fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Aug 10, 2010

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

They just made them up, there really isn't an "origin" besides that, but it's Vandelay.

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

He just put the kibosh on me, do you know what the kibosh means, it's a kibosh!

Martytoof posted:

I seem to recall one of these bloopers where Richards threatened to "beat her over the head with a two-by-four". I think it was during a Van Nostrand scene.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

safety dan posted:

Michael Richards is so intense in real life. When he talks about Kramer on the DVDs, it's like he's talking about when he played Hamlet. He was very serious about his comedy. Jerry, Jason, and Julia would go out for food after every episode wrapped up, but Michael would rarely come. I can see him getting pissed about people breaking character to laugh. In "The Parking Garage" that box that he was carrying had a real air conditioner in it because he wanted to feel the heft. When he put it in the trunk he busted his lip on it but didn't break character. In "The Glasses" he's installing a different air conditioner in Jerry's apartment, and when it falls he rushes over to try to catch it. He bruised his rib during the take you see and still didn't break character. Guy's a pro.

In one of the DVD extras Richards admits that he probably took the whole thing too seriously - and in the later seasons he seems to have loosened up more in the bloopers.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
You will show me the Stooges?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I don't care much for the beach. I freckle.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Hell yeah, illegal cable episode is on right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dr_Amazing posted:

I know Vanderlay from Vanderlay Industries, but what's the origin of Jerry and Kraner's fake names?

edit: But was there another circumstance where each name was used?

Van Nostrand came from an earlier episode when Kramer was posing as a dermatologist screening people at Kruger Industrial Smoothing so George could get a shirtless picture of Kruger in order to have a photo retouched to prevent Kruger from realizing that George was the man who threw his childrens' beach setup into the ocean in mixed-up berserker rage [two notes: (1) I really enjoy attempting to recap latter-season Seinfeld plots in a single sentence, (2) Kruger is by far the most underrated Seinfeld character of all time-- in my opinion he's Goerge's best boss, even better than Steinbrenner-- it absolutely kills me every time Frank refers to him as "Mr. Cougar").

I don't think Kal Varnsen came out before that episode, but I do enjoy that they all have developed vaguely Scandinavian aliases.

edit: just realized that Kramer was Pennypacker in that episode and not Van Nostram. I'm pretty sure Vandelay is the only recurring name.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 11, 2010