Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vizrt
Oct 1, 2009

Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people.
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

Any hidden areas or items I shouldn't miss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

SiKboy posted:

Oh, and at one point, during a dream sequence, you might have problems reaching a beam with a lamp hanging from it. Hold RT (on the Xbox, whatever your "high visibility manuevers button" is) and press and release A (or again, whatever your run button is) without moving the stick in any direction. That makes you jump straight up and grab the handhold above you. I was stuck on that for like 25 minutes because you never need to do that at any other point in the drat game.

I'm convinced that there's another way to do that part that doesn't involve this move, because I got through it with absolutely no difficulty at all.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

pseudorandom name posted:

I'm convinced that there's another way to do that part that doesn't involve this move, because I got through it with absolutely no difficulty at all.

There is, someone mentioned it last time we were talking about AC2. I think its something like wall-run up the wall beside it, then jump sideways (not backwards) at the top of your wall-run. The game DOES tell you that you have that ability, but only when you are in one of the later assassins tombs (I think in venice?), so you dont know about it when you are in the dream sequence.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

pseudorandom name posted:

This is the only part of the game I had to gameFAQs. I was trying to wallrun and leap sideways and kept flinging myself off the wall to my death. Infuriating!

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Since this seems to have turned into the simple questions thread also, I'll ask this here:

I've been playing through Castlevania Aria and Dawn of Sorrow and of course a big part of the game is collecting the enemy souls. I know that your luck stat effects the drop rate of everything (items and souls) so I'm using a PAR code to set my Luck to 999 in both games for maximum drops.

My question is with the Soul Eater ring. It says it causes souls to appear more and when equipped it increases your luck. Does the Soul Eater ring actually increase the drop rate for souls, or does it only do so by increasing your luck? I guess the better way to put it would be if there's any point to equipping the ring if my luck is already maxed out?

I'm leaning towards it does increase the chance slightly since the Rare Ring says it increases the chance for rare items, but also increases your luck. If both effected the drops only through luck manipulation there wouldn't be any reason to use one over the other since they both would technically effect souls and rare drops, but I figured I'd ask.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Orgophlax posted:

Since this seems to have turned into the simple questions thread also, I'll ask this here:

I've been playing through Castlevania Aria and Dawn of Sorrow and of course a big part of the game is collecting the enemy souls. I know that your luck stat effects the drop rate of everything (items and souls) so I'm using a PAR code to set my Luck to 999 in both games for maximum drops.

My question is with the Soul Eater ring. It says it causes souls to appear more and when equipped it increases your luck. Does the Soul Eater ring actually increase the drop rate for souls, or does it only do so by increasing your luck? I guess the better way to put it would be if there's any point to equipping the ring if my luck is already maxed out?

I'm leaning towards it does increase the chance slightly since the Rare Ring says it increases the chance for rare items, but also increases your luck. If both effected the drops only through luck manipulation there wouldn't be any reason to use one over the other since they both would technically effect souls and rare drops, but I figured I'd ask.
You are correct, the Soul Eater ring increases the drop rate of souls specifically in addition to its normal Luck boost.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Nate RFB posted:

You are correct, the Soul Eater ring increases the drop rate of souls specifically in addition to its normal Luck boost.
Awesome. Thanks.

Orgophlax fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Aug 9, 2010

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Medals in Uncharted 1 & 2:

I've played through Uncharted 1 and finished it, and I'm not sure how the medals for weapon usage work. From what I can tell kill-counts for each weapon do not reset upon death (since I went through a section and died, reloaded and went through the same section getting an X-kills with Y-weapons medal). Is this correct?

What about reloading chapters and playing them through again? Does this contribute to the x-kills count or do I need to do starting from zero at the point of selecting a chapter?

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
A Jagged Alliance 2 question:

Edit: I actually do have a question. How do you close the interface so you can move south?

e2: Also another one, my mercs have started to moonwalk. How do I stop them from doing that?

Foul Fowl fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 9, 2010

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Foul Fowl posted:

A Jagged Alliance 2 question:

Edit: I actually do have a question. How do you close the interface so you can move south?

e2: Also another one, my mercs have started to moonwalk. How do I stop them from doing that?

Tap Alt to fix the moonwalking. Alt is the move backwards key, and if you Alt-Tab then it gets "stuck".

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

That is precisely the thing to do, Avatar.

The Will posted:

Medals in Uncharted 1 & 2:

I've played through Uncharted 1 and finished it, and I'm not sure how the medals for weapon usage work. From what I can tell kill-counts for each weapon do not reset upon death (since I went through a section and died, reloaded and went through the same section getting an X-kills with Y-weapons medal). Is this correct?

What about reloading chapters and playing them through again? Does this contribute to the x-kills count or do I need to do starting from zero at the point of selecting a chapter?

You are correct. The X-kills with Y-weapons trophies can be done by reloading chapters -- they can also be done with the weapon spawn and infinite ammo cheats, I believe.

As best I can remember, the do X number of Y in a row (i.e. 5 stealth kills or whatever in a row) also carry over if you reload a chapter, as long as you continue the streak.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Vizrt posted:

Any hidden areas or items I shouldn't miss?

It's been a long time since I've played, so I'll try to recall a few...

-There's a guy in the castle town who tells you about 10 gemstones buried around town. It's a pain in the rear end to find them, but holy crap do it. The badge you get is probably end-game level equipment, and this is something you pick up about 1/3 of the way through the game. You'll need the Bros. Hammer special to find them though, you'll know what I'm talking about when you get there.

-If you want to brew all seven drinks, here's how you find all the beans:
Green- enemy drops
Brown- hidden blocks (be especially on the lookout for these, they're of limited quantity)
Pink- dig out of the ground (Bros. Hammer special again)
Yellow- mini-game rewards
I'd do it too, you get an exclusive accessory for each new drink, such as double money, floating jumps (for dodging), and guaranteed item drops.

-You get a "bonus point" each time you level up, for a random increase in one stat. Don't use it on the same stat repeatedly, as it decreases your odds of a good number.

-Explore, explore, explore. Almost every place can be revisited with enough backtracking (there are warp pipes too), and the game almost expects you to once you have new abilities. You can get some good loot this way too.

-Use Bros. moves enough in battle to unlock Advanced forms for them. Watch for the exclamation point, hit the button for that brother, and follow along. They're good, and you'll want to learn them.

-Pretty much all enemy attacks have some sort of clue as to who they're targeting. It's a bit of trial-and-error but usually they're pretty obvious.

-When photographers tell you not to move, ignore them.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe
After reading a bunch of XCOM/UFO LPs I just went and bought UFO: Afterlight from Steam. Does anyone have any advice they can give me? (Apart from the obvious "Cancel the download now and play XCOM:EU instead"). According to the reviews I've read the main problem people run into is balancing expansion and research, so anything in that area would be great.

Galenus
Oct 25, 2008
You're going to want to research mostly armor and weapon technologies at first, in fact, completely ignore everything else until you have light armor and rifles. Oh, and scientific lasers work insanely well on all the starting enemies except the reticulans.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I know there's some info in the wiki already but does anyone have any tips for a melee/speech focused run of Fallout 2?

Digital_Dogu
Apr 23, 2008
I just recently bought a copy of Nier which I'm planning on playing mostly blind and was wondering if anyone could give me a few pointers.

One of the few things I personally dislike about RPGs in general is that it can be very easy to miss certain items and things if you don't know where you're going or what you're meant to be looking for.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Digital_Dogu posted:

I just recently bought a copy of Nier which I'm planning on playing mostly blind and was wondering if anyone could give me a few pointers.

One of the few things I personally dislike about RPGs in general is that it can be very easy to miss certain items and things if you don't know where you're going or what you're meant to be looking for.

Nier is odd in that there are exactly zero missable weapons, but 51% of all the quests are permanently missable. If you intend to get all endings, don't worry about quests. If you have to get 100% quest completion, then you will have to do 51% of all quests.

The cut-off point is finding a flower to help with your daughters ailment. It will be right near the south-gate of town, and after you've met your two traveling companions.

Digital_Dogu
Apr 23, 2008
Thanks for the advice Barudak! I shall keep those things in mind.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I got Gothic 3 during the Steam sale and am just now getting around to it. I installed the v1.74 fan patch and don't know whether or not to use alternate leveling and the enhanced AI or not. Any other tips would be appreciated as well.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I just started Rune Factory 2 and I'm not completely sure what I'm supposed to be doing. Farming of course, but what am I meant to do to advance the game exactly? There's quests on the bulletin board, and I guess I'm supposed to get married and have a kid or something.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Ainsley McTree posted:

I just started Rune Factory 2 and I'm not completely sure what I'm supposed to be doing. Farming of course, but what am I meant to do to advance the game exactly? There's quests on the bulletin board, and I guess I'm supposed to get married and have a kid or something.

Quests are dandy and all, but in the first part of the game, you really just want to get a wife and get a kid asap, since the game doesn't actually begin until you do this (the 'main character' of the game is actually the kid you have).

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Morpheus posted:

Quests are dandy and all, but in the first part of the game, you really just want to get a wife and get a kid asap, since the game doesn't actually begin until you do this (the 'main character' of the game is actually the kid you have).

Ah, good to know, thanks. Which potential wife is the easiest to bang? I feel a little dirty asking that because they all look about 12 years old but if I had to guess I'd say it's the one in the witch hat that hangs out at the docks?

Niccus
Apr 5, 2008

Cake, jesters, unfaltering love and support.
On Rune Factory 2, to add to Morpheus:

-It doesn't hurt to fool around, do some farming, and finish some of the requests at first. You can get some money this way and make the start of the 2nd part less painful.

-Certain quests in the 1st part give a lot of wood. You need a lot of wood.

-Befriend monsters while in the first part, since it'll be easier. Production monsters aren't very helpful at this point other than for a bit of extra income. You want to get 2 each of watering and harvesting monsters.

-Have at least 33 animal feed per monster on reserve around the time when you marry.

-Crafting is a gigantic grind, and is 2nd part-exclusive. You don't need particularly fancy weapons to beat even the secret bosses, and you don't need to be particularly high-leveled.
-If you don't feel like crafting, Tanya will sell progressively better weapons as you beat the bosses.

The game doesn't really care which wife you pick. That witch is probably one of the easiest to get -- she likes strawberries, and you can easily build up a big stash of strawberries by the end of your first Spring.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Ainsley McTree posted:

Ah, good to know, thanks. Which potential wife is the easiest to bang? I feel a little dirty asking that because they all look about 12 years old but if I had to guess I'd say it's the one in the witch hat that hangs out at the docks?

Alicia is by far the easiest since she loves strawberries which you will have more than you know what to do with every spring and her friendship level with you goes up the more you get her to tell your fortune; this includes weather readings and all that which most people use anyway. Her quests are easy as hell too. And when you marry her, she does your fortune for free!

The favourite around these parts is the rich girl though (Rosalind, I think) because her brother is hilarious. Seriously, Max is easily one of the best parts of this game.

As for everything else;

- The game doesn't fully open up until the second part when you get to play as your kid so you will be locked out of a lot of content until then. This includes the dungeon sections and you won't be able to reach the boss monsters until 2nd gen

- You can choose when you advance to the next generation so don't worry about it and take your time.

- Before you advance to generation two buy enough food to last any animals you have in the barn for eight years as that's the amount that the time skips. Without food, your animals will lose their loyalty and seriously, gently caress brushing them again every day for a month so you can get large milk again. Also harvest any crops you have lying around, even if you don't have room for them. Don't bother to clean up the field, the 2nd gen starts with a hurricane that fucks it up anyway.

- Yes, seeds are expensive. You won't have to worry about this so much in Gen 2, trust me.

- Your fatigue goes up a lot faster in Gen 2, so you don't fall over every time you try to water the corn or whatever. This is a good thing, there's lots to do in the 2nd gen and you will need it.

- There is one quest that requires you to have a cold. How to do this is not instantly obvious but what you have to do is stay up until some ungodly hour of the night, then go to bed (DON'T pass out because of no fatigue) wake up in the morning and stay up AGAIN that night. When you wake up the next morning, you'll have a cold.

I think that's about all I remember from the game but really, you can just chill out for the first part, not a great deal of it is actually important to the storyline. It's like a really really REALLY long tutorial.

GulMadred
Oct 20, 2005

I don't understand how you can be so mistaken.

Gerblyn posted:

UFO: Afterlight
http://anthonyhobday.com/misc/wsik/index.php/Site/UFOAfterlight

Balance is largely self-regulating. If you expand too fast then you'll run out of ammunition and you'll halt your military adventures. If you haven't expanded enough, then you'll be motivated to capture some resources and build the cool new stuff your scientists have invented. The downside is that these sorts of planning mistakes can leave your personnel idle and unproductive for long periods; if this bothers you then you can find mods which provide all of the characters with a second job to keep them busy.

Your soldiers will not "lead" the target when throwing grenades. Either direct your attacks manually (using the "attack ground" option), get the enemy to stand still, or target large groups. Targeting groups is actually effective with direct-fire weapons also; as in XCOM your shots will sometimes miss the intended target but hit his buddy instead.

Reaction speed is very important, because it's possible to stagger an opponent with an early hit and disrupt his ability to retaliate. Your soldiers' speed (readying, aiming, reloading, refire delay, etc) will improve based on their RPG stats. You can help by issuing the "ready weapon" (hotkey W) command when your troops are standing idle. The "attack when reasonable" setting is also useful; your soldiers will ready weapons, draw a bead on the enemy and pull the trigger as soon as he steps around the corner.

You can safely build a geosonde in any unoccupied land. However, if you attempt to develop territories (build mines, terraforming stations, or defensive structure) which are adjacent to enemy land then it's likely that the construction site will be attacked immediately. You'll be forced to launch a "rescue" mission to avoid a takeover. You can avoid this frustration by leaving your border territories fallow; always build improvements at least one step back.

Diplomacy isn't very important. You'll be prompted to use it at a few points in order to move the plot forward, but you don't need to obsess over it as in 4X games (in fact, Afterlight won't even allow you to do so).

Drones aren't very effective at fighting until late game, and they're only moderately useful as scouts. However, they work amazingly well as bullet sponges. This is especially important because (unlike XCOM) your supply of warm bodies is finite.

Play around with the alternate camera modes (infra-vision, psi, etc) when they're available. They don't change the gameplay at all (e.g. a nightvision-equipped soldier will see in the dark even in "normal" camera mode), but the developers obviously put some work into them.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

GulMadred posted:

http://anthonyhobday.com/misc/wsik/index.php/Site/UFOAfterlight

Drones aren't very effective at fighting until late game, and they're only moderately useful as scouts. However, they work amazingly well as bullet sponges. This is especially important because (unlike XCOM) your supply of warm bodies is finite.

You only have a very limited pool of replacement soldiers. They normally only become available after you've had a few losses. However, you can sacrifice a few drones to trigger them early.

Somewhere during the midgame, you'll start facing certain tough, fast enemies. Target their legs with a sniper rifle to keep knocking them down and effectively neutralize them.

Don't trade away resources. If you have to, only in exchange for other resources.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Orgophlax posted:

I know you've already maxed your LUCK out, but don't expect that to make a huge difference, as the maximum drop rate is actually capped regardless of luck. I don't recall what it's capped TO in the older games, but Portrait of Ruin is, for example,IIRC, 1/8.

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009
Has anyone played Muramasa: The Demon Blade?

Depressing Box
Jun 27, 2010

Half-price sideshow.

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

Has anyone played Muramasa: The Demon Blade?
EDIT: Crap, forgot the title of the topic for a sec. Ok, here are some general tips:

The game isn't that difficult, on the whole. Persistance should get you through most of it, and I don't believe there's anything you can permanently miss. This is not Odin Sphere.

Along the same lines, start the game on the harder Shura difficulty, else it will devolve into a button-masher and you'll probably get bored.

If you happen to get stuck on an especially tricky boss, feel free to switch the difficulty back to Muso for a bit. There's no penalty.

Specials that attack an area (like spinning slashes) are really nice to have on your sword, so it's good to keep one around even if you upgrade.

There are multiple endings, and you can only get them by taking specific high-level swords with you into a character's final battle, some of which require forging specific swords in the other character's story.

If some sealed-off areas never seem to become available, don't worry. Some will only unlock after you beat the story once, as they often give access to the other character's story bosses.

One of the early bonus/challenge fights is the God of Pestilence. He's not that hard (pathetically easy if you have a poison-neutralizing item) and you can grind him to help reach some of the early/mid-level sword requirements.

Depressing Box fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Aug 12, 2010

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009

Depressing Box posted:

I have. How can I help?
What should I know before I play that game for the first time?

edit: Thanks!

Lets Fuck Bro fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Aug 12, 2010

Jew Bear
Jan 4, 2008

Jewy goodness
A couple older ones with one exception:

Doom 3:
  • Right after you find the scientist and all the demons start attacking (what did you think was going to happen?), you'll find yourself back in the main building. There's a bathroom in here that you probably passed by on your way to the Marine HQ. Go in there, face the mirror with your pistol, cycle to your shotgun, then get very close. Don't do this if you scare easily
  • Normally, you can't have the flashlight and weapon out at the same time, which adds to the dark, scary atmosphere of the game, but you can fix this with a mod for PC, if that's your cup of tea.
  • If you're in a dark room full of enemies, you can get brief flashes of what's around you by just firing. It's not as good as the flashlight, but with rapid fire weapons like the AR or chaingun, you can fire off a few bursts in the general direction of enemy movement and bypass this issue.
  • It's actually very easy to defeat the final boss, just charge up the Soul Cube with the enemies that spawn around the Cyberdemon and then fire it at the fucker. He'll die instantly.

Limbo:
  • You will die. A lot.
  • Not every puzzle has an obvious solution. Think outside the box, so to speak.
  • You can't swim, but you'll have a very brief warning before drowning when the sound changes to underwater ambience
  • Play this game in pitch dark for best effect

Chrono Trigger:
  • Echoing what everyone has said before about the black chests.
  • At some point, you'll get the Sun Stone. Leave it in this particular mountain in prehistoric times, then return in the future to get it. If it's gone, go to the Mayor's House in Porre in 600AD and give his wife some jerky for free. He'll give it back to you in 1000AD free of charge, since you changed his ancestors' personalities. If you don't do this, he'll lie about having it. Anyway, Lucca will get her best weapon from this, so make sure to do it.
  • Time your attacks cleverly, since your area and line techniques can efficiently dispatch enemies.
  • At some point, you should try and win a Crono doll from the carnival. It will be useful later on in the game.
  • If you don't know by now, this game has 11 or so different endings, with the "best" one being if you play through the game in its entirety.
  • At some point, someone's mother becomes stuck in a machine 10 years prior to the game's events. The password to save her is her name: L A R A

FF6:
  • Gau is basically useless, but it's fun to try and collect all his Rages if you're so inclined.
  • After Kefka unbalances the Statues, make sure you wait for Shadow at the edge of the Floating Island.
  • The best way to teach Strago blue magic is to level up Relm's Manipulate ability. There are a few fairly powerful spells he can learn, so may be worth it. I think it was Relm who had that anyway...
  • You will either love Ultros or find him massively annoying.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe
Thanks for info guys!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Jew Bear posted:

Doom 3:
  • Right after you find the scientist and all the demons start attacking (what did you think was going to happen?), you'll find yourself back in the main building. There's a bathroom in here that you probably passed by on your way to the Marine HQ. Go in there, face the mirror with your pistol, cycle to your shotgun, then get very close. Don't do this if you scare easily

Can you spoiler what happens here? I don't plan on playing Doom 3 ever again but I'm interested to hear what this is all about.

Koops
Mar 27, 2010
I have a question concerning Dragon Quest 9.
Is it best to put all of a character's skill points in one category? Will I regret it if I dabble in different weapons?
Can non-weapon skills (like Litheness) be used after changing class?

And, to contribute:
-Some bosses have unique items that rarely drop. Use the item you get for making all the bean drinks if you want them.

-Other than boss drops, the aforementioned gem-hunting quest and another one in the castle town where you find someone's pets are the only things I can think of that can be missed permanently.

-There are two Thwomps that will ask you to gamble. You can win a new Bros Attack from each one.

Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Don't hoard healing items. The ones you have will become obsolete quickly.

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009

Koops posted:

Is it best to put all of a character's skill points in one category? Will I regret it if I dabble in different weapons?
1. Yeah the game rewards specialization, as the better techniques are mostly available later in the tree. However you can get so many skillpoints (and the game is so easy) that it doesn't really matter all that much. There are a few useful low-tier techniques. So if you want Metal Slash, for example, on several characters, it really doesn't hurt you all that much to put a few points into swords. On the whole though it's probably best not to spread yourself too thin.
2. The non weapon skills stay with you forever - technically, all skills (as opposed to the spells you get with experience levels) stay with you forever - making them a great place to put your first skillpoints, since they have stat bonuses not tied to your current weapon.

Lets Fuck Bro fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Aug 12, 2010

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

DrNutt posted:

Can you spoiler what happens here? I don't plan on playing Doom 3 ever again but I'm interested to hear what this is all about.

A loud noise plays while the screen zooms in, turns red, and your face gets all dead looking. It's a jump scare, but not a very good one. The loud noise will get you more than the visuals.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Koops posted:

To expand on the above poster, it is nice to specialize in certain weapons (but absolutely not necessary). My hero just hit 100 in swords, and can now equip swords regardless of class/vocation.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Stalker - Shadow of Chernobyl

I've got the Complete mod; are there any others I should look for? I'm thinking more in the vein of graphics improvements or bug fixes, not rebalances.

What else do I want to know?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

What should I know before I play that game for the first time?

edit: Thanks!

Also of note, never backtrack for stuff. You don't need it, and later on it will be much easier to do anyway. Likewise never take any boats anywhere, they just send you back to places you've already been.

Also there are items of returning that you'll get. IIRC You can use it after boss fights to get back to the main areas to save yourself some more backtracking.

Basically, it takes forever to get anywhere so don't bother covering any ground you don't have to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Stalker - Shadow of Chernobyl

I've got the Complete mod; are there any others I should look for? I'm thinking more in the vein of graphics improvements or bug fixes, not rebalances.

What else do I want to know?

Complete is itself a huge graphical overhaul and bugfix. I can't offhand think of anything else in that vein because most of it was either superseded by, or incorporated into, Complete.