Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Posting this again:

Experience: BS in Information Technology, 1 year of experience in a production support environment with FedEx Services in support of Distributed Revenue Systems. DRS consists of 500+ servers in a hybrid of Windows, Solaris, and *nix platforms. Conducted level 1 to level 3 support as well as logistics and operations such as error reporting, monitoring, and documentation.

Where I'm looking: Open.

What I'm looking for: Flexible, willing to take on new opportunities to grow and advance skills.

What I'm NOT looking for: Helpdesk.

When I can start: 2 week notice + relocation (if applicable)

Requirements: 40-50k, preferably permanent

PM me to get my email and full resume and references, or post your email.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Nukelear v.2 posted:

I actually will, but I'm not sure when it's going to open up. Could be a month or two or three. Send me a resume if you'd like.

But seriously I think Austin has a goon bias, we should have way more jobs in Dallas.

Also have a Sr. Java developer position open and will soon have a QA position open as well. But I'm too lazy to write those up at the moment.

I sent you my resume for either the IT or the QA positions. I don't know C# yet, but I'm learning it.

That Guy From Pearldiver
Apr 18, 2001

President and Sole Member of the Andre Braugher Appreciation Society
Currently unemployed and figured whats the worst that can happen.

My experience: 4 years in general call center, 9 months first tier help desk/tech support for multi-office 2000/XP environment. Served as on site administrator/coordinator with the developers of the appointment making software. Along with some Citrix and Crystal Report training. Some basic general Linux and OSX 10.5/10.6 along with Windows Vista/7 experience as well.
What I'm looking for: Help desk, Jr level IT, QA, CJ, etc.
What I'm NOT looking for: Sales
Where I live: Skokie, IL
Where I'm looking: Willing to travel around North Shore of Chicago
When I can start: Immediately
Requirements: Money, maybe benefits.
Can be reached via: PM and email, pearldiver at gmail dot com.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

That Guy From Pearldiver posted:

Currently unemployed and figured whats the worst that can happen.

Sent you a PM, company doesn't have anything open at the moment, but will probably be doing some more hiring in the near future.

KomradeVirtunov
Sep 14, 2007
Hm, why not. Throwing my hat into the ring.

My experience: Bachelors in Networks and Communications Management, 2 years experience supporting a Windows-based network in a service desk/jr system administration role including, but not limited to desktop and server troubleshooting, purchasing, and support/deployment tasks with Oracle's JDEdwards and Peoplesoft ERP systems. Currently an active CCNA, working toward CCNP and MCITP in the future.
What I'm looking for: Positions relating to Network/Systems Administation
What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level IT
Where I live: Columbus, OH Metro
Where I'm looking: Columbus, OH Metro
When I can start: After standard notice with current employer
Requirements: Health insurance, competitive wages
Can be reached: In-thread or bscovr at gmail dot com

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Yeah, gonna do this before this current job drives me batshit insane.

My experience: Bachelor's in Computer Information Systems. Four years helpdesk experience at college, coming up on one year with a small contracted managed service company. About 5 years windows desktop support (98, XP, Vista, 7), little over a year of WINS 03/08 experience. Lots of experience in troubleshooting, customer service, setup and installation. A bit of networking under my belt. Dabbled in some website development, although nothing fancy or beyond CSS.
What I'm looking for: Something local, Helpdesk, entry level, almost anything at this point
What I'm NOT looking for: Drive around managed service/Sales
Where I live: New Orleans, uptown area
Where I'm looking: New Orleans area (just signed a year lease, not going anywhere)
When I can start: As soon as necessary, save for appropriate notice for current employer.
Requirements: Benefits would be nice, 35K+, but I'm somewhat flexible.
Can be reached via: email: rwkelly155 at gmail dot com

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

Filled.

Same Great Paste fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Sep 17, 2010

portable s0n
Jun 2, 2008
Lets try this out again, I am giving my description of the job.

Who are we? ICAP

Where are we? Jersey City, NJ

Job Title Desktop Support

Job Description

Support day to day activities of the trading floor. Trouble shooting desktop and back end blade systems for the brokers.

Responsibilities

*Support the trading Floor
*Trouble Shooting issues

Requirements

*Some good PC Knowledge
*Good Interpersonal Skills
*Trouble Shooting abilities

My Breakdown

If you are good at trouble shooting desktop issues you can handle this job. If you have worked in an enterprise environment before with Exchange,Blackberries, and outlook and can handle all those desktop side problems then you should be solid.

Benefits competitive salary and a generous benefits that includes medical, dental, 401K, vision and all the soda you can drink.

Send your resume to me, Vincent.Saporito AT us.icap.com

BrotherNumsey
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
x

BrotherNumsey fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 7, 2020

Golden Dragon
Apr 9, 2007

Always speak politely to an enraged Dragon

Golden Dragon posted:

We are looking for an IT guy in Tallahassee. One of our two IT guys ran off to some job in Atlanta, and we need to fill the void. It's a nice small company of 30 some people, users aren't stupid, windows environment.

This position has been filled.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Found a position. Thanks anyway!

Wizard of the Deep fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Oct 17, 2010

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese
Boink

Cidrick fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jun 21, 2011

Zoodpipe
Jun 24, 2004

This is an important call. So, shut the fuck up.
Fallen Rib
I'm in.

My experience: BS in Electrical Engineering (with a focus on semiconductor physics and circuit design). I am a project management professional with 10 years of technical and logistical project management and business management experience in both public and privately held companies. I have 4.5 years of experience managing projects at the cutting edge of proprietary, semiconductor process design and over 4 years of experience managing the day-to-day operations of a successful architecture firm. I am currently working toward my PMP certification.
What I'm looking for: Position in the tech field in either Operations, Consulting or Project Management
What I'm NOT looking for: Sales
Where I live: Austin, TX
Where I'm looking: Austin, TX and surrounding areas
When I can start: After two-week notice with current employer
Requirements: Health insurance, competitive wages
Can be reached: PM or at mkarpinski @ mac.com

amishpurple
Jul 21, 2006

I'm not insane, I'm just not user-friendly!

Cidrick posted:

Who We Are: Sears Holdings Corporation
Where We Are: Downtown Chicago, IL
Job Title: UNIX Administrator

You got mail!

Sonnekki
Mar 14, 2010
I've got a good job now, will be here for a bit before moving on to other things! Contact still welcome at my user name at Gmail.

Sonnekki fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jun 19, 2012

Jeffrey Colon
Dec 13, 2007

Let's get down to brass tacks. How much for the ape?
Just wanted to post a job opening at my IT consultancy based out of Columbus, OH. I don't know if its even listed on our website.

We really need people with SharePoint experience. Both development and configuration experience are a plus, but one or the other is also okay. Preferably people that are certified, but if you are not and have some 2-3+ years experience, I'm interested in talking to you. Please send me an email at my username at gmail and provide your experience as well as any certifications. Pay and position level depend on your experience. (Note that I am not a recruiter, I can just refer you to the people you need to talk to)

Jeffrey Colon fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Aug 16, 2010

Flu Roo
Apr 13, 2010

No longer valid

Flu Roo fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jul 1, 2011

boo
Jun 12, 2002
Just moved to the Austin area, so throwing out a little info on myself.

My experience: BS in Computer Science w/ minor in General Science. 3+ years experience working helpdesk for Bowling Green State University (MAC + PC). 2+ years egoless web development programming using PHP, HTML, Javascript (jQuery mostly), CSS, mySQL, SVN for BGSU. About two months of experience working in Wicket, a web framework for Java.
What I'm looking for: Almost anything right now. Helpdesk, entry level, doing anything from web developement, software engineering, or any physical network positions.
Where I live: Currently North Austin
Where I'm looking: Surrounding area.
When I can start: ASAP
Can be reached: tommy.wiebell@gmail.com

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Reposting again since, again, I moved, again.

My experience: 2yrs IT Tech Support (telephone, email, internet), 1yr IT Tech Support (on site) - total 3 years general tech support, but I've been toying with computers my whole life.
What I'm looking for: Tech Support / Computer Janitor / System Admin (assistant)
What I'm NOT looking for: Anything dealing with home users though I'm not picky really at this moment, as long as they're English speakers.
Where I live: Montreal, Quebec
Where I'm looking: Inner City
When I can start: When do you want me?
Requirements:

A job that encourages learning, and not afraid of teaching me new things. I am a very fast learner when it comes to computers.

A place where I can advance in a career.

A place that will either waive the fact that my French isn't up to scratch, or a place that will let me slowly learn French. It's my biggest weakness coming back into this country.

Can be reached via: PM, migishu [at] gmail

Expecting even less of a shot now than when I last reposted.

MrFurious
Dec 11, 2003
THINKS HE IS BEST AT DOGS (is actually worst at dogs!!!)
I've got a job for a hardware/electronics design engineer.

Who I am: I'm an engineer as above with 5 years of experience. I've grown into one of the go-to guys for my company. We're looking to hire a baby engineer that we can grow up into the type of work that we do.
What we do: We do electronics for the defense industry. I've worked on a variety of different projects in only 5 short years at my position here. Everything from a shirt with life-signs monitoring sensors and electronics, to ground penetrating radars that detect IEDs and landmines, to sniper detection systems. Some of our work that I have contributed heavily to has made the cover of USA Today, which is a pretty awesome feeling.
Where we are: My office is located on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Hurricanes are an occasional part of life, but there are lots of ways to deal with them. They are not as scary as The Weather Channel and CNN make them out to be, but they are a very real danger that's part of the area, just like earthquakes out in California.
What you will do: You will probably be attached to a more senior engineer to mentor you for several months. Like all the other engineers in the building, as you grow, you'll diversify your skill set and bounce from project to project as needs arise. That's a GOOD THING.
What you need: An awesome attitude. Right now we have an abundance of work and not enough warm-bodies to do it. If you aggressively take on new tasks and bring a good attitude to the table, you'll be fine.

If this is something that sounds interesting to you, send me a PM on the forums here with an email address to contact you at. I'll solicit a resume from you and follow up with a phone interview if I like what I see. For obvious reasons, I'll be vetting candidates before I put them in front of my own boss.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
Who We Are: Diamond Visionics
Where We Are: Binghamton, NY
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer.

Diamond Visionics is seeking senior-level software engineers, who have a desire to work on developing unique and advanced visualization solutions using C++ and OpenGL for simulation, training, and GIS applications.

Who we are
The company is a small software company located in Upstate, NY who deals with mostly the Training and Simulation Defense market. Atmosphere is pretty laid back with plenty of room to grow. All of our development is in visual systems, so think of it as a giant video game for the real world.

Responsibilities
Design, develop, and maintain software in a collaborative team-based environment, with occasional travel to customer sites and trade shows.

Requirements

Qualifications and Experience: B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience:

1. 3+ years software design, code, and test experience
2. Strong C++ skills including knowledge of templates, object-oriented concepts, design patterns, and the Windows platform. Experience with Boost, networking, Linux, and GUI development a plus.
3. OpenGL 3.0+ (experience with shaders and GPU computing a plus)
4. Experience with GIS a plus
5. Excellent written & verbal skills
6. Experience with Agile development methodologies a plus

Please email resumes or questions to my gmail which is my username@gmail.com

shaitan fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 25, 2012

Maggot Monster
Nov 27, 2003
I figured it can't hurt to put this here. I'm looking to move on, and hopefully up from my current position (which is 'Senior Systems Administrator'):

My experience: 11 years experience as a Systems Administrator, focused primarily on Linux/BSD doing ISP/Telco and now Academic stuff. From tiny environments to 25k+ servers.

What I'm looking for: A position that will lead into Management or some other senior position. Ideally a position in which I can get involved in larger projects right from the start and not just from a limited technical viewpoint. Also a place that appreciates automation and all the interesting devops stuff that's happening out there.

What I'm NOT looking for: A junior sysadmin position or a senior position that leaves me without room to advance. I don't want to remain doing the same level of technical work forever.

Where I live: Fitchburg, MA
Where I'm looking: Along the commuter line from Fitchburg into Boston!
When I can start: I'd have to give 2-4 weeks notice I think considering how much stuff I handle here.
Requirements: Family Health insurance is a must!
Can be reached via: This thread, PM, apenney@gmail.com

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

Position filled by a goon!

Xexre fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Dec 14, 2010

Namlemez
Jul 9, 2003
Filled.

Namlemez fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Oct 30, 2010

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

N/A

Lights fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Sep 23, 2014

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Who we are: IT consulting firm

Where we are: DC, Northern VA, Montgomery County

Job title: MS network engineer/administrator.

You will be providing software and hardware computer consulting to clients, mostly small clients up to 20 users. You will be on site with clients probably 100% of the time meaning you have to dress nicely and be polite to people. You will rarely see your boss or any actual coworkers. No clearance or anything like that. MCSE preferred.

Salary: over 60k probably

PM me or email nevergirls@stuffshortpeoplelike.com if interested in more information.

Bob Jones
Mar 6, 2007
Nerve Stapled

Edit: Okay for now.

Bob Jones fucked around with this message at 14:57 on May 27, 2011

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.
Interviews completed and position should be filled soon. Thanks Goons

Arzakon fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Sep 18, 2010

hoju22
May 3, 2006

Easy. You just don't lead 'em so much.
Here goes nothing.

My experience: 7 years in mostly end user help desk roles. Last position supported everything including the kitchen sink, software and hardware. Local machine connectivity up to working with carrier on site outages. Windows machines from 98-7. All apps and most any other problem users had with software from excel to itunes. Supported Centricity EMR and PM, also.

I've also started branching out into basic network and server troubleshooting. Mostly Cisco IOS and Windows '03 and '08 servers. Other duties included training new employees and working with other teams and reassigning tickets as necessary. I handled multiple projects with differing requirements and deadlines as well.

What I'm looking for: A job that will allow for growth and training. Entry level network troubleshooting. Entry level server administration. Desk side support.

What I'm NOT looking for: Sales. General public, home user support.

Where I'm looking: In and around Cincinnati. Northern Kentucky would also be fine.

Requirements: 16-20$ an hour, room for growth and training. Standard benefits such as health insurance, 401k, etc.

Can be reached via: PM or this thread.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Nevergirls posted:

Who we are: IT consulting firm

Where we are: DC, Northern VA, Montgomery County

Job title: MS network engineer/administrator.

You will be providing software and hardware computer consulting to clients, mostly small clients up to 20 users. You will be on site with clients probably 100% of the time meaning you have to dress nicely and be polite to people. You will rarely see your boss or any actual coworkers. No clearance or anything like that. MCSE preferred.

Salary: over 60k probably

PM me or email nevergirls@stuffshortpeoplelike.com if interested in more information.

This position has been :siren: GOON-FILLED! :siren: Thank you.

sanchez
Feb 26, 2003
Edit: gone

sanchez fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Feb 1, 2011

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
My experience: BS in Computer Science, during which time I had three summer internships programming in Java/.NET; 2 years as a PHP web programmer, also doing frontend CSS/jQuery.

What I'm looking for: Programming. I'm most comfortable in Ruby, Java, .Net (very willing and able to learn new languages however); I'm primarily a Mac person, but I'm not picky.

What I'm NOT looking for: Frontend web work.

Where I live: South Jersey

Where I'm looking: Philadelphia, PA

Requirements: Health insurance, 401k, etc. Prefer to be near public transportation.

Can be reached via: PM or e-mail through profile.

I can supply a resume on request (no offense but I don't need a ton of goons with my home address and phone number :) )

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
e: nm

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jun 18, 2015

Flu Roo
Apr 13, 2010

No longer looking.

Flu Roo fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jul 1, 2011

Bisty Q.
Jul 22, 2008

Rastor posted:

:google: job openings update:

I edited the list of locations.
Summary: Pittsburgh and New York now filled, added Seattle/Kirkland and The Dalles, OR.

I have an onsite now as a result of a referral from this guy. If you're at all curious, give it a shot.

Atltais
May 21, 2004
And there was much rejoicing.
My experience:
* Computer hardware troubleshooting/repair/building (around 8 years experience)
* Windows troubleshooting (again, around 8 years experience)
* *NIX experience, ubuntu/gentoo/etc, experience in lighttpd
* Programming experience, primarily in C-like languages, but I can learn relatively quickly.
What I'm looking for: A job in the Seattle, WA area ASAP
What I'm NOT looking for: Sales.
Where I live: I'll be moving to Seattle on Oct 1.
Where I'm looking: Seattle.
When I Can Start: Oct 4.
Can be reached: ixisid@gmail.com (Google Chat or E-Mail)

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Posting again because I got a promotion, but still don't care for the local corporate culture.

My experience:
* B.S. in Information Technology
* 1yr Experience as "Technical Analyst" supporting the Distributed Revenue Systems of a major shipping company (They have an arrow in their logo)
* Extensive experience with Batch Scheduling (Orsyp Dollar Universe system, mainframe scheduling)
* Was promoted to manager of my group, now directly supervise group of 8-12 associates in performing daily tasks as well as scheduling, time off requests, and other administrative duties.
* Lifetime of self taught all-around computer experience, specializing in Windows with some light *NIX and Macintosh
* Scripting and Task Automation

What I'm looking for: A new job, 35,000/yr+, with benefits
What I'm NOT looking for: I'm willing to listen to anything.
Where I live: Orlando, FL. But looking elsewhere
Where I'm looking: Canada, USA, Europe (Would require sponsorship for Canada/Europe)
When I Can Start: 2 Weeks Notice + Relocation Time
Can be reached: mattmartin.it@gmail.com

Console Parade
Aug 20, 2010
Hey, I'm just another jobless goon.

My experience: BS Computer Science, 9 years software development experience with emphasis on C# and Perl. Marginal/beginner experience with SQL. I generally wrote software used in clinical environments. Lots of work with automation and application integration.
What I'm looking for: Something new. Willing to learn, of course.
Where I'm looking: Continental USA. Currently living in Maryland. Willing to relocate.
What I'm not looking for: Programming as a primary job function. Secondary/tertiary is acceptable.
When can I start? 2 Weeks Notice + Relocation time
Salary Requirements: Enough to live comfortably by myself in your area.
Contact me: Send a PM

Console Parade fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Sep 16, 2010

Adolf Hitler
Feb 12, 2003
Two jobs in the West Los Angeles / Santa Monica area. We're a profitable company in "the adult industry." That said, we don't actually produce any of what the "adult industry" sells. We handle the financial aspects of it.

1.) Graphic Designer
The biggest need is for a Visual/Graphic Designer. If you can make websites look good, I may very well have a job for you.

The people who don't really know much like the idea of using Flex. I have, however, convinced them that someone who can navigate Javascript / CSS / HTML would make the internet a less tragic place. That said, if you can meet either of those criteria--you're pretty well set. If you have an interest in learning one or the other (or anything else you're thinking about) you can pretty much do it on the company's dime.

Again, profitable company. Money is not tight and you'll have whatever you want for your workspace. Free breakfast. Free health benefits (pay nothing). Etc.

2.) Ruby on Rails Web Developer (non-Ruby/RoR background is OK)
Ruby is simply an amazing and fun language. If you're a Ruby developer, or have some experience as a developer and want to be one, shoot me an e-mail. I've got no problem bringing on a Goon and helping you get your foot in the door.

Preference is for someone with Ruby/Rails dev background, but the market is really drat good (frustratingly so). Use the chance to get in on that market now, and get paid in the process. Same as above.

me@
inherentlylame
.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:
My experience: Progression in current company from intern to part-time to full-time sysadmin (0.5 yr/1.5yr/2yr). Work primarily consisted of support of Windows (2k up to 2k8) and Linux (primary RHEL/Cent, but some Deb/Ubuntu and a dash of FreeBSD) servers. Additional experience with network equipment (Cisco IOS) and hardware (Dell/HP primarily)
What I'm looking for: Although I am certainly up for general sysadmin work, I would be interested in something a bit more focused than what I am used to
What I'm NOT looking for: Primary role as a developer. I can do some scripting though if needed
Where I live: Northeast Iowa
Where I'm looking: Midwest, preferred areas are Madison, Minneapolis/St. Paul, and Chicagoland
When I can start: Planning on relocation in early May, so around then. I'm also getting married in June though so I may need time off or just start after that if not possible.
Requirements: Reasonable pay for area, 401k, health (2 persons), proximity to public transit if possible
Can be reached: PM, Thread, or chase.ewing@cfu.net

Tatsujin fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jan 11, 2011