Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Red stripes on a black car are such a horrific idea. The stripes should only be available in flat black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Q_res posted:

Red stripes on a black car are such a horrific idea.

BZZZZZZZZZZT! Incorrect!

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Exception that proves the rule. :colbert:

And that's still easily the worst GT500 color combination. EDIT: Make that second worst. I forgot they offer red stripes on Grabber Blue.

Q_res fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 14, 2010

Tragic Otter
Aug 3, 2000

I'll take my Boss with polka-dots please.

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE
They really screwed up those colors....

And what is the deal with the exhaust? Is there something I am missing as to why it has 4 exhaust outlets?

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Q_res posted:

Exception that proves the rule. :colbert:

And that's still easily the worst GT500 color combination. EDIT: Make that second worst. I forgot they offer red stripes on Grabber Blue.

You are so incorrect.

At any rate, I think we can all agree that Grabber Blue on Black is the best combination.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

frozenphil posted:

That is goddamn hideous.

frozenphil posted:

That is not.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

KickStand posted:

And what is the deal with the exhaust? Is there something I am missing as to why it has 4 exhaust outlets?

It lets people route exhaust out to the sidepipes and tune for more power. I would imagine everybody would be looking to go for electronic bypass mods on those, as well as for this exhaust to get bought from Ford Racing Parts a lot.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

kronix posted:

Personally the 30 or so horsepower isn't worth those ugly stickers. I think it might make a good garage queen but I wouldn't want to drive that around everyday. I must say though, those side pipes are absolutely insane.

If you want 30 horsepower buy a GT and get a tune.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Muffinpox posted:

If you want 30 horsepower buy a GT and get a tune.

Did no one read the part where it said that most of the performance upgrades were in the suspension?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

As nice as factory-tuned and adjustable suspension is, I think the reality is that few people will take it to enough track days to benefit from the initial outlay. Upgraded brakes over the Brembos would be useful, of course.

BaronW
Apr 16, 2007

Why yes, I HAVE seen uhaul.jpg
Yellow-blaze metallic tricoat is in the mustang builder! :woop: ...I think I'll stick with black, though.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

A.o.D. posted:

Did no one read the part where it said that most of the performance upgrades were in the suspension?

That was my point, if you want 30hp more just buy a regular GT and get a tune. You wont fully be using the 5-ways or brembos on the Boss on the street and if you have it at the track then you aren't going to be giving a poo poo about stickers.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

But what if you're buying it for the stickers? :ohdear:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Q_res posted:

But what if you're buying it for the stickers? :ohdear:

The stickers are were the 30 extra horses are coming from, duh.

ipaid10buxforthis
May 11, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A.o.D. posted:

The stickers are were the 30 extra horses are coming from, duh.

can i just buy the stickers then?

Is it too soon to see crazy engine swaps yet? like a mid-ship v8 ford transit?

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

ipaid10buxforthis posted:

Is it too soon to see crazy engine swaps yet? like a mid-ship v8 ford transit?

Pretty much. Ford hasn't released the crate engine and the engine is too new to be common in junk yards yet. Give it a year or so, most Mustang owners are retarded and will soon fill your local parts yard with inventory.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
So last week I went out and test drove a 2010YM GT Premium, I was incredibly impressed with that 4.6L and made me pretty much want on one the spot, 5.0L or not.

I can't wait to check out a 2011YM with the 5.0L when a lot around me gets one, might be a while since it's hard to find manual cars here in the Seattle area unless you special order them...apparently all these rich businessmen don't want to shift their expensive sports cars luxury icons! :qq:

I also read somewhere that the new V6 sounds absolutely fantastic, is there any first-hand truth to this claim?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

I also read somewhere that the new V6 sounds absolutely fantastic, is there any first-hand truth to this claim?

My friend test drove one and really liked the sound. He was really bent on a new GTI before I forced him to look at a Mustang. That said, he didn't like the beige interior it had. I've never seen that color for the 2010+ models -- is it possible it looks much worse than the black interior?

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

My friend test drove one and really liked the sound. He was really bent on a new GTI before I forced him to look at a Mustang. That said, he didn't like the beige interior it had. I've never seen that color for the 2010+ models -- is it possible it looks much worse than the black interior?

There are a couple of shots in this thread.

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f726/pics-stone-leather-cloth-interior-please-486170/

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

Someone in my town has one and it sounds pretty good.

Thelonious Drunk
Apr 4, 2002

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

I can't wait to check out a 2011YM with the 5.0L when a lot around me gets one, might be a while since it's hard to find manual cars here in the Seattle area unless you special order them...apparently all these rich businessmen don't want to shift their expensive sports cars luxury icons! :qq:

Check out Ford of Bellevue. They had a few with manual last I checked.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

You really need to have a dark colored paint job for the beige interior to look right.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander

Oxytocin posted:

Check out Ford of Bellevue. They had a few with manual last I checked.

Yeah, I just noticed that! I got curious and went to the website last night and saw they have a 2011YM GT Premium 6SP on the lot, I might have to go check that out in my free time :allears:

Thelonious Drunk
Apr 4, 2002

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

Yeah, I just noticed that! I got curious and went to the website last night and saw they have a 2011YM GT Premium 6SP on the lot, I might have to go check that out in my free time :allears:

Do you have a trade-in? Let us know how much the dealer tries to rape you with numbers.

Thelonious Drunk
Apr 4, 2002

kronix posted:

I agree I ordered my new 5.0 with no stupid decals, stripes or lettering. I don't want my car to look like a hotwheels. Most people these days associate stripes and stickers with shitbox civics on rims more than a GT350. My fiance actually told me those stripes look ghetto and I trust her taste. Get with the times Ford.

Stripes are boyish, performance posturing scarlet letters. As riced out as you can make a brand new M3, Corvette or even Ferrari, you never see them with striping - on the street at least.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
I'm curious what kind of markup they're putting on the car too. Seattle dealers are insane about markup--I remember looking at a new G8 GXP that had a $15k 'market adjustment' above MSRP!

Thelonious Drunk
Apr 4, 2002

A.o.D. posted:

Yes, but everything listed and more could be had in the aftermarket for less than two grand. I bet the shocks are nothing but rebranded $500 Tokikos.

Thelonious Drunk
Apr 4, 2002

mod sassinator posted:

I'm curious what kind of markup they're putting on the car too. Seattle dealers are insane about markup--I remember looking at a new G8 GXP that had a $15k 'market adjustment' above MSRP!

I agree, but it's loving Seattle - unless you're buying a white Subaru Outback it's like they suspect you of being a partner of Microsoft.

Horsepower = not green = luxury

Solution: buy in neighboring state and at least avoid taxes.

Thelonious Drunk fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Aug 15, 2010

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander

Oxytocin posted:

I agree, but it's loving Seattle - unless you're buying a white Subaru Outback it's like they suspect you of being a partner of Microsoft.

Seriously this, ill never buy my next car in Washington, gonna go to Oregon for that.

And ill take pics of the sticker and let you all know what they try and sell It to me at just for kicks. Right now I think they're asking a hair under 40 for it

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

And ill take pics of the sticker and let you all know what they try and sell It to me at just for kicks. Right now I think they're asking a hair under 40 for it

Which is about what a well optioned Premium GT goes for.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Oxytocin posted:

Unless you can register it outside Washington you'll still have to pay tax when you register. But yeah, traveling a few hours outside the area to get a better deal is a good idea.

Thelonious Drunk
Apr 4, 2002

mod sassinator posted:

Unless you can register it outside Washington you'll still have to pay tax when you register. But yeah, traveling a few hours outside the area to get a better deal is a good idea.

Thankfully I have this option. But what about P.O. boxes?

edit: a quick check on google says you have to have a bona fide numbered street address in conjunction with a P.O. box - in PA at least.

Thelonious Drunk fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Aug 16, 2010

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Been wanting to do this for a while, but just finally got forza again.

didn't have anything to scale this one off of(last one, all the cars have the same 18" wheel), but it should be close:

Powershift fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Aug 18, 2010

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander

Powershift posted:

Been wanting to do this for a while, but just finally got forza again.

I think I stared at this without blinking for a good ten minutes. It's truly amazing how much, and yet, so little has changed about the Mustang over the years.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

It is cool, but the S197 should have been a GT500 to complete the Cobra/special edition theme.

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

I think I stared at this without blinking for a good ten minutes. It's truly amazing how much, and yet, so little has changed about the Mustang over the years.

Insert joke about ancient, oxcart suspension, 40 year old platform, lol uhmarikkkun car here.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

scapulataf posted:

Insert joke about ancient, oxcart suspension, 40 year old platform, lol uhmarikkkun car here.

The Fox body platform only went from 1979 to 2004, mister! Every other Mustang platform was changed after 5 years or so. The first 6 years of the Mustang saw a platform change every 2 years.

'65 and '66
'67 and '68
'69 and '70
'71 through '73
No Mustangs were made from '74 through '78
'79 through '04
'05 to current

The S197 chassis looks like it may have long legs.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

frozenphil posted:

No Mustangs were made from '74 through '78

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

rscott posted:

:colbert:

Where does it say Mustang on that riced out Pinto? :colbert:

Point stands!