Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Grimster posted:

Put some REAL tires on that, throw them on a black Tahoe and I'm down with those rims.

Also those remind me of this (is imgur ok here?):

You just made me want those wheels for that very reason, even if they are hideous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Grimster posted:

One day I'll have a motorcycle painted like that.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

You can tell what it actually is, can't you?

Click here for the full 800x1657 image.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/cto/1890059063.html
Saw this on jalopnik I think, but it didn't look like anyone posted this on the last 5 pages or so.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
That was actually a pretty popular kit back when the Z3 was new and relatively expensive. I've seen one in the wild.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Oh man, I didn't even notice that ugly roof scoop on first pass. :rolleyes:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

That color scheme works on a Citroen deux cheveaux (Dyane). It does not work here.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
There's so much Cavalier in the tail end of that fake Z3 it makes me throw up a little.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

There's nothing that really stands out when you start reading this guy's ads. A bit overpriced on some of his cars, but what dealer isn't?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ctd/1898647539.html is one of them.

But start scrolling down.. He goes on to explain that he named his business what he did because he's a big soccer fan. Okay, he sounds a little eccentric.

Then you see the last photo. It's Sam himself.

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

But don't worry... Sam says it's A-OK! And yes, he puts this same photo at the end of every ad he posts.

I think his hair gel is finding its way under the hood of a lot of his cars too, batteries are NOT supposed to be shiny. Going a bit overboard on the detailing...

edit: that clown drawing on the top right corner is just loving CREEPY.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Aug 15, 2010

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

some texas redneck posted:

edit: that clown drawing on the top right corner is just loving CREEPY.

Gay(like Will&Grace level) Clown Soccer League.

Grimster
May 15, 2004

you suck

DarthJeebus posted:

You just made me want those wheels for that very reason, even if they are hideous.

I'm sorry, they are hideous, but I can't help myself.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Comes with free bench for benchracing:
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/1901691380.html

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
The wife and I have been window shopping Pop-Up campers for a while now. Found this gem. Great picture.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/rvs/1901446130.html

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Last time I saw a Geo Metro convertible, it was $2k. So getting 2 Metros for half that is kind of a deal, for the right buyer:
http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/1896243126.html

King-Kong
Oct 15, 2003
Leader of the Apes
Actual gold?

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/1905693993.html

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
The convertible gearbox is the hot ticket for Metro speed (hah), its the closest ratio. It'd be a hell of a track upgrade for a Chevy Sprint Turbo-engined Metro or Swift.

Bob Log
May 19, 2004

Hey, It's Bob Log
:ughh:

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I don't even know what to think about this. Sure, you see a lot of CL listings that are overpriced or misspelled or whatever, but this one looks like the product of a 7 year-old's fever dream.
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/1904447753.html

Click here for the full 1400x732 image.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Bob Log posted:

:ughh:

Exhaust is clogged?

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

VideoTapir posted:

Exhaust is clogged?

It's an easy fix: you just have to get up there with a really long pipe cleaner and you're good to go.

Bob Log
May 19, 2004

Hey, It's Bob Log

VideoTapir posted:

Exhaust is clogged?

He also replaced BOTH axles on his 4x4 Integra

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Bob Log posted:

He also replaced BOTH axles on his 4x4 Integra

Left side, right side.

edit: Are you in fact Bob Log? If so, awesome.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

NaturallyAspergated posted:

It's an easy fix: you just have to get up there with a really long pipe cleaner and you're good to go.

I think that along side "invested" "rare" "camero" and "collector", "Easy Fix" is a great search term

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Any ad with "race" in it is also a winner. Race ready, only raced once, never raced are all winners.

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"
Ebay gold
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=120610532836=

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

^ "I did have a guy turn up with his chequebook last week, but as he started it to take it for a test drive, he broke down and wept when he realised he wasn't man enough to take it on."

Going to add this line to every car I ever sell from this point forward.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Link. Apparently there's some rust on the passenger door...

allonblack
Dec 9, 2004

Yes, you.
For those that may have missed it on Jalopnik -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-FORD-CROWN-VICTORIA-4-6L-32V-COBRA-MOTOR-5-SPEED-R-/330456837874?pt=US_Cars_Trucks

quote:

DESERT AUTOSPORT IS VERY PLEASED TO BRING TO THE MARKETPLACE THIS 1999 FORD CROWN VICTORIA RACE CAR. THIS CROWN VICTORIA POLICE INTERCEPTOR(COBRA VIC)IS ONE OF EIGHTEEN CARS COMMISSIONED BY FORD AND BUILT BY ROUSH RACING FOR THE WORLD FAMOUS BOB BONDURANT SCHOOL OF HIGH PERFORMANCE DRIVING. THIS IS NOT ONLY A UNIQUE AND HIGHLY DESIRABLE CAR BUT IS WHERE THE IDEA FOR THE MERCURY MARAUDER ORIGINATED. THE COBRA VIC'S WERE USED AS INSTRUCTOR CARS FOR THE SCHOOL AND ARE HIGHLY MODIFIED FOR SAFETY AND FOR PERFORMANCE. THE MODIFICATIONS TO EACH CAR COST IN EXCESS OF $40,000 PER CAR ON TOP OF THE COST OF THE ACTUAL POLICE INTERCEPTOR CROWN VICTORIA ITSELF!!! THE MOTOR IS A 1999 SVT 4.6 LITER 4 CAM 32 VALVE ENGINE WITH 320 HORSEPOWER, IT IS NOT A DIRECT BOLT IN FOR THESE CARS AND REQUIRES EXTENSIVE MODIFICATION AND EXPENSE.

I believe this to be the very definition of speed and class -

allonblack fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 21, 2010

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
That front spoiler is hideous.

And I certainly never thought I'd see a roll cage in a modern Crown Vic, what an enormous waste of money. (Should have used a Roadmaster)

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.
Are 70s sports/muscle car prices dropping out? I would drive the poo poo out of either of these.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/1911846322.html
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/1911855493.html

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
That isn't a particularly desirable year for the Corvette. The challenger, could be a scam, but at least Tineye isn't finding it and the text isn't anywhere else. So that's one scam sign that isn't showing.

Willderbeast331
Oct 28, 2008
Yeah the vet isn't smog exempt so that explains why it is cheap. But the Challenger is priced way low for what it is.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
That vet is priced about right assuming the need for haggle room. 79K mile corvettes are pretty common. Low mileage for a vet is under 12K. Over 100K in a vette and you can forget about selling it. The challenger guy might just need money but that price seems like a bargain.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Click the Craigslist link for the Challenger. After being inundated with calls, the seller realized his mistake and changed the listing to $75,000.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

trouser chili posted:

Click the Craigslist link for the Challenger. After being inundated with calls, the seller realized his mistake and changed the listing to $75,000.

He's haggling with himself. After a little more back-and-forth, he and himself will settle on $37,500, and he'll drive off in his new car to spend his newfound riches, and he and he both win.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

trouser chili posted:

Too bad Craigslist isn't binding...

I don't really get the people trying to selling anything for over like ten grand on craigslist. It just doesn't seem like the place to do that, like selling some Du Pont Registry Countach car in AutoTrader.

NeerWas
Dec 13, 2004

Everyday I'm shufflin'.

NeerWas fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Aug 9, 2023

Man-Eating Cow
Jan 18, 2001

by Fistgrrl

Sir Tonk posted:

Too bad Craigslist isn't binding...

I don't really get the people trying to selling anything for over like ten grand on craigslist. It just doesn't seem like the place to do that, like selling some Du Pont Registry Countach car in AutoTrader.

What I don't get is people trying to sell something for ten grand+ and making even the slightest mistake or glaring omission in the ad. I listed a '93 Nissan Altima for like $1500 and I went over that fucker with a fine-tooth comb. If I were trying to sell something for many times that, I'd probably go through and diagram the drat sentences looking for misplaced modifiers and split infinitives--certainly I'd make sure the price of all things was within [b]an order of magnitude[b] of what I actually wanted.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

Everyone needs to click read more questions and answers.

Excerpt:

An eBay Professional posted:

Q: hi would you be prepared to swap for my grandmas disabled boogey it has one speed(not very fast)and a reverse light is out .and if you deliver your aston i will even throw in my granny for three if thats of any intrest .thanks 22-Aug-10

A: Sorry, no can do. This reminds me of a shocking episode in my life, that happened when I was twelve. I came home from school, and found my parents going at it hammer and tongs in the en suite bathroom. As I stood in the doorway in shock and disgust, my father turned to me, laughed, and said 'bugger off'. Sensing the need for immediate and proportionate revenge, I ran down the stairs and tipped my disabled grandmother out of her wheelchair. I then proceeded to tear away at several layers of popsocks and petticoats to reveal a shocking array of winnits and bongo-twiddlers. Unable to acheive full ridgidity, I had to hastily thumb in a softy, and just in time too, as my father come running down the stairs as the emergency cord had been pulled. Seeing this ghastly spectacle before him, my father went absolutely ballistic, his face fixed in a grimace of sheer terror. I ended the onslaught, by casually announcing ' Not quite so funny when it's your Mother, is it?'

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
http://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/1904803719.html

If it's as good as he says it is, I might actually go for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

RealKyleH posted:

Everyone needs to click read more questions and answers.

Excerpt:

Holy poo poo that guy's a poet. Funny stuff.

"Thumb in a softy", new expression learned. Also, read "popsocks" as "poopsocks" of course.