Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I just watched The Opera again, and I always forget just how genuinely creepy Joe Devola is. The scene in his apartment is loving crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

We had a funny guy with us in Korea. A tailgunner. They blew his brains out all over the Pacific. There's nothing funny about that.

penis sandwich
Aug 28, 2004

have some pudding :)

Martytoof posted:

I just watched The Opera again, and I always forget just how genuinely creepy Joe Devola is. The scene in his apartment is loving crazy.

"I hope we don't miss the overture."
"Overture! Curtains! Lights! This is it, we'll hit the heights! And oh what heights we'll hit! On with the show, this is it!"

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

El Negocio posted:

We had a funny guy with us in Korea. A tailgunner. They blew his brains out all over the Pacific. There's nothing funny about that.

Jerry's response to George saying they should tell him they're afraid and leave is great. "He'll clunk our heads together like Moe!"

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight
I think he's stealing our rickshaw.

octothorpopus
Jan 22, 2010

JUST KEEP PLAYING!!!
So has anyone ever used a Seinfeld phrase by accident before?

Last night, I got back from work. I tried sleeping, but I was too hungry to fall asleep. I got some pretzels from the kitchen, and started reading a book. After I was full, I didn't even realize it when I thought, "These pretzels are making me thirsty." I felt so lame, haha.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Does "that's a shame" count? Because that's basically a five-day-a-week phrase for me. I don't even think about it anymore.

Diar
Dec 22, 2003

Why would I have a problem with it? John Redcorn is gay, and I've been friends with him for twenty years.

robot roll call posted:

Jerry's response to George saying they should tell him they're afraid and leave is great. "He'll clunk our heads together like Moe!"

I may have this wrong but I love Jerry and Elaine's little back and forth at the end
Elaine:Dad thinks George is gay.
Jerry:Because of the singing?
Elaine:No dad thinks everyone is gay.

Alton Benes is such a good character for being a one off. Seinfeld is just great in general but that show really knew how to do parents.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Do you ever see Elaine's parents? She mentions him being a drunk a few times but that is about all I can remember.

Diar
Dec 22, 2003

Why would I have a problem with it? John Redcorn is gay, and I've been friends with him for twenty years.

socialsecurity posted:

Do you ever see Elaine's parents? She mentions him being a drunk a few times but that is about all I can remember.

The Jacket is the episode I was quoting from which is all about Jerry and George waiting for Elaine with her dad.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

socialsecurity posted:

Ohhhhh yeah

imdb posted:

Alton Benes, played by Lawrence Tierney, was originally going to be a recurring character like Jerry's and George's parents. But Tierney's notorious volatility terrified the cast and crew and they did not want him back. According to the producers, Tierney took a knife from the set and hid it under his jacket. When Jerry Seinfeld asked him about it, Tierney pulled the knife and proceeded to imitate the famous shower scene and score from Psycho (1960).

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Hipster_Doofus posted:

Ohhhhh yeah

The behind-the-scenes video about this, in case anyone's interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9T7En0N2bg

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
That sounds like it inspired the raisin-stealing storyline too. "Did he just, TAKE, the butcher knife?"

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I'm watching "The Andrea Doria" right now and this just may be the best of all Seinfeld episodes. It's got my aforementioned favorite moment "Mail on Sunday?" along with the fantastic George plot, recounting the harrowing tale of his life and Elaine's "big head".

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MokBa posted:

I'm watching "The Andrea Doria" right now and this just may be the best of all Seinfeld episodes. It's got my aforementioned favorite moment "Mail on Sunday?" along with the fantastic George plot, recounting the harrowing tale of his life and Elaine's "big head".

That bird flew right into your head.... like it couldn't get out of the way....

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

So, Clarence, how about abandoning this apartment and letting me shove off in this beauty?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Jerusalem posted:

That bird flew right into your head.... like it couldn't get out of the way....

That guy delivered that line PERFECTLY. It always slays me.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

The Andria Doria.. That was quite a fire.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Tough luck, chinless!

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

Secks posted:

So, Clarence, how about abandoning this apartment and letting me shove off in this beauty?

The stockholm may not have sunk you, BUT I WILL!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Secks posted:

I think he's stealing our rickshaw.

I told you we should have gotten some collateral! Like his bag of cans.....or....his other bag of cans.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Secks posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Goodnight Jugdish!

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

I remember reading about Larry David's early stand-up and sometimes he would walk on stage, analyze the crowd, shake his head, say "Nah... this isn't going to work..." and leave.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Secks posted:

I remember reading about Larry David's early stand-up and sometimes he would walk on stage, analyze the crowd, shake his head, say "Nah... this isn't going to work..." and leave.

That reminds me of when the band The Melvins would play an entire set of feedback at a music festival instead of an actual set, because their record label at the time (Atlantic) would put them on the worst bills ever.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.
Everyone posting in this thread should go see Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.

Trust me on this.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Max22 posted:

and yet, if we keep going back further in time, an interesting thing occurs:

(borrowed this from the curb thread)

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Chexoid posted:

The stockholm may not have sunk you, BUT I WILL!

My favourite one is "AHOY! Mr. Eldridge."

The Slicer's another great one:

"Oh, I've cut slices so thin, I couldn't even see them."
"How did you know you cut it?"
"Well... I guess I just assumed."

Kramer's delivery slays me.

Edit:

Magic Love Hose posted:

Everyone posting in this thread should go see Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.

Trust me on this.

Any reason other than because it's funny?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

LesterGroans posted:

Any reason other than because it's funny?

I heard they used the Seinfeld theme song when they're parodying sitcoms at one point.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm sorry, the card says Moops

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

He's a bubble boy! :haw:

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

He just put the kibosh on me, do you know what the kibosh means, it's a kibosh!

shyguy posted:

Every time I play Trivial Pursuit I say this at one point in the game even if no one will get it.

And yes I play a lot of Trivial Pursuit :colbert:. I'm a riot at parties.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I wish Manny and Harold would have made more appearances. The one appearance in The Apartment is great.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I heard they used the Seinfeld theme song when they're parodying sitcoms at one point.

You might be correct. And it might have knocked everyone in the theater on their rear end.

bringer
Oct 16, 2005

I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT

shyguy posted:

I love how Susan checks the top of the box for the rules as the argument gets heated. It's a little touch but it's perfect.

Boner Magnet
Aug 11, 2002
:I

mints posted:

I wish Manny and Harold would have made more appearances. The one appearance in The Apartment is great.

I like to assume that they are a gay couple who coincidentally are a landlord and a super.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Boner Magnet posted:

I like to assume that they are a gay couple who coincidentally are a landlord and a super.

It's pretty obvious that's what was going on. I really loved the interactions when Manny went into screaming things in Spanish. "¡¿Como que deported?! Eso fue un misunderstanding"

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

LesterGroans posted:

The Slicer's another great one:

You have no idea how often I wish I had a meat slicer. It would make so many things easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Joe Don Baker posted:

You have no idea how often I wish I had a meat slicer. It would make so many things easier.

My parents have one that's probably from ~100 bc that barely holds together with ducttape and it's still infinitely superior to any knife when you're slicing roastbeef.