Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
The new Boy 8 Bit EP loving rules. I'm gonna hammer the poo poo out the demo mix of Yard Birds for quite some time I believe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

echinopsis posted:

I'm a massive fan of the synth work of pink floyd, especially the first few parts of "Shine in you Crazy Diamond", and the beginning of "Sheep" is amazing

Is there much other stuff out there like this? Or when the thread title says "synth" doesn't it not mean what I think.

The "synth" in this thread tends to stand for synth-pop not progressive rock with synths, im afraid. :( im sure there is a progressive rock thread banging around in NMD though.

Vernacular posted:

The new Boy 8 Bit EP loving rules. I'm gonna hammer the poo poo out the demo mix of Yard Birds for quite some time I believe

new? whats it called? im behind on my music these days.

RollingBoBo
Aug 25, 2008

living that high life
so who's going to the bloody beetroots show in montreal

Stuntastic
Jul 11, 2009

weed cave weed saves

LE0N posted:

new? whats it called? im behind on my music these days.

Yard Birds EP, came out either today or yesterday I think so you're not that far out of the loop.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008

RollingBoBo posted:

I'll be there with a bunch of friends.

RollingBoBo
Aug 25, 2008

living that high life

TWSS posted:

I'll be there with a bunch of friends.

same here. never saw them live but it looks like they're gonna own. see you there!

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

RollingBoBo posted:

I'm very tempted to go to the NYC show. Very, very, very tempted.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Slackerish posted:

I'm very tempted to go to the NYC show. Very, very, very tempted.

If its the live band go.

Stuntastic
Jul 11, 2009

weed cave weed saves

incoherent posted:

If its the live band go.

http://www.websterhall.com/nightclub/c_friday_10152010.php

It's the live band, and it's a Girls and Boys night at Webster Hall which are always pretty decently fun

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

incoherent posted:

If its the live band go.

Yeah some of my friends saw them at Ultra and said it was the best show of the weekend hands down. And I mean, they also saw Busy P and Boys Noize play at a loving hotel pool so it's not like there wasn't a lot of competition.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
Needs more synthpop!

Hurts - Better Than Love (LightsOverLA) remix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLD4uptTlTk

Pres
Dec 20, 2005

ever since I could remember I been poppin' mah collar
I love this remix of swoon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCsqd435R-g

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
L-VIS 1990 owns

quote:

lvis1990

Steve aiokies tour manager just punced me in the face! Lollllllll

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LE0N posted:

The "synth" in this thread tends to stand for synth-pop not progressive rock with synths, im afraid. :( im sure there is a progressive rock thread banging around in NMD though.

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

It's been a while since I've posted a mix, but here's my best yet.

Rasputin - Disco After Dark

http://soundcloud.com/rararasputin/rasputin-disco-after-dark

Grum - Through The Night
Rockets - Runnin To You
Two Door Cinema Club - I Can Talk (Moullinex Remix)
Two Door Cinema Club - Something Good Can Work (The Twelves Remix)
Tensnake - Coma Cat
Donna Summer - Bad Girls (SonicC Remix)
Cut Copy - Far Away (Bag Raiders Remix)
Helsinki 78-82 - Cruisin
Congorock - Babylon (Fare Soldi 'Babbylorso' Remix)
Count and Sinden Ft Mystery Jets - After Dark
Cerrone - Give Me Love (MixChopin Remix)
Dragonette - Pick Up the Phone (Arithmatix Remix)
Danger - 4h30
Passion Pit - Sleepyhead (Borgore Remix)
Little Boots - New In Town (A1 Bassline Remix)
Daft Punk - Digital Love (Algeronics Remix)
Wale Ft Lady Gaga - Chillin (Top Billin Remix)
Ludacris - How Low (DJ @war x DJ Jayceeoh Remix)
JFK & St Mandrew - Towel Swinger
Major Lazer - Bruk Out (Foamo Remix)

Rukes
Jan 1, 2001

Yes, The Rukes

Vernacular posted:

Any truth to the rumor that Control is changing from 18+ to 21+?

Nope. It will always be 18+.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

The 18+ lines always wrap around the building vs the 21+, so it would be financially suicidal to go that route.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Stumbled upon Reboot the other day, can't believe I'd never heard his stuff. loving awesome.

Has he been around a while?

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY

Ewar Woowar posted:

Stumbled upon Reboot the other day, can't believe I'd never heard his stuff. loving awesome.

Has he been around a while?

Yeah, legendary. Its not really my style but man this guy is a crazy producer.

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx
Just saw Crystal Castles, with Sinden and Destructo supporting. Highlights of the night included Alice stealing a cigarette out of someone's mouth, taking a drag off it, passing it to someone completely different, then kicking me in the face.

shark week
Dec 22, 2007

Any recommendations for shows in NYC this week (Sun-Thurs)?

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man
The Count and Sinden gave a good essential mix this last week

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

a milk crime posted:

The Count and Sinden gave a good essential mix this last week

Was it just their old one?

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

The Fresh Prince posted:

Was it just their old one?

No, it was new: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00tdnx2

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Lovely.

Longtiem
Feb 9, 2010
http://soundcloud.com/lariots/la-riots-summer-2010-mix

Saw LA Riots saturday, tons of fun and good tunes so here you go thread!

Molotov Yogurt
Nov 29, 2000

buff man riddim
Ibiza trip report:
Boy 8 Bit - awesome set, is not at all how I pictured him
Switch - really good from what I remember of it
Eskimo Twins - super chill dudes, they bought me a water
Nero - first half of the set was alright, then inexplicably switched to 2008/9 era electro bangers for the second half
Pendulum - bleh
A1 Bassline - intense guy, nice when you talk to him, fun set. hot girlfriend.
Jaymo & Andy George - in and out so fast I didnīt even get a chance to see them
Pete Tong - like the radio, but live
Riva Starr - possibly the best set I saw all week, dude owns
Reset! - had no idea it was 3 guys, they like to party. walked through the crowd making sure everyone got Steve Aokiīd with vodka
Whoever it was in the Italo disco/house room at Space with Bottin - never had that much fun in a side room
20/20 Soundsytem, Matthew Dear, whoever else was playing at Space yesterday - good but I completely hit the wall and had to leave
Eddie Halliwell - played a really good house set at the Amnesia preparty

and of course....

deadmau5 - it was a deadmau5 show.

deadmau5 gossip and hearsay: some of the guys from Eden were on the same plane as him flying in and said he looks like absolute poo poo these days; like a walking corpse. He took off his head for most of the set and you can tell even from a few hundred feet heīs hosed up. I also met a guy who was going into the VIP bathroom in Amnesia, but the door person wouldnīt let him in because deadmau5 was in there already. So he asked why he just coulndīt use one of the stalls or urinals, and she says "he wants to make sure youre a guy." He asks what she means and she pointed at his dick. "So deadmau5 wants to see my dick?" And she nodded. There were already 5 guys in the bathroom too. This guy didnt know too much about deadmau5 either, he was just really weirded out by it.

Anyways, Eden has the best djs, Space is the best club, Amnesia and Paradis are kinda boring, cya.

Man vs Child
Mar 21, 2004

by Ralp
This new Odahl tune is soooo good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXH3jmOQOVI

He's got a new EP out on beatport too, which you should get if you are any sort cool dude.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Any minimal electro fans in here? I just moved back to the United States after living in Berlin and I am absolutely horrified how popular dubstep is here. I have been spoiled by the Berlin minimal scene. Are there any cities and/or artists in the US that do it justice?

For any of those that are not familiar with the minimal electro scene, then check out a band like Moderat. It's Modeselektor and Aparat that joined together to make awesome music.

"A New Error" is probably the best thing since sliced bread. Give it a listen here

Calculon
Mar 19, 2006

WAKE UP AMERICA

Enigma89 posted:

For any of those that are not familiar with the minimal electro scene, then check out a band like Moderat. It's Modeselektor and Aparat that joined together to make awesome music.

"A New Error" is probably the best thing since sliced bread. Give it a listen here
Thanks for this. :)

Xesis
Jul 11, 2002

Enigma89 posted:

Any minimal electro fans in here? I just moved back to the United States after living in Berlin and I am absolutely horrified how popular dubstep is here. I have been spoiled by the Berlin minimal scene. Are there any cities and/or artists in the US that do it justice?

You just came from Berlin, the capital of minimal. No city in the US is even going to come close. Best bet would be somewhere like SF, where house/tech house is big.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
I cannot stop playing Melee's Usher remix and Mezzir's "Look Pon Me" remix. I am loving this.

OniKun
Jul 23, 2003

Cheap Mexican Labor since the late 80's
Whoever said Sander Van Doorn is the happiest DJ ever was right, cause god drat the guy never stopped laughing/smiling/interacting with the crowd. He was taking pictures of himself on peoples cell phones / texting them messages / giving high fives the entire time. Awesome guy to see live, and he spun a really loving good set, too. I got to hear Purple Haze so I'm happy.

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

phractured posted:

I cannot stop playing Melee's Usher remix and Mezzir's "Look Pon Me" remix. I am loving this.

Thanks man, didn't get a ton of feedback on that one

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
All my friends really like it. I am definitely dropping it at a dance this year.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
Maybe they'll make a track together. :allears:

mezzir
Jul 1, 2007

I'ma rub your ass in the moonshine.
Let's take it back to seventy-nine...

Enigma89 posted:

Iirc some goon posted a mix a while ago that opened with this track with the acapella from The Police - Voice Inside My Head over it and holy fuuuuuuuuuuuck it was pure sex.

edit: foudn the set, http://soundcloud.com/mrfart/2009-10-mrfarts-monkey
Rarely make it through the set but god drat the opening is so sick.

Sparklepants
May 18, 2010

let's get creative!
Looked 10 pages and hadn't been posted but....

Say My Name-Porter Robinson is my new :swoon:

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010
Don't know if it's been posted yet, but non-radio rip versions of those Basement Jaxx remixes of Vampire Weekend's White Sky are now up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG6o3khdOHk&feature=search

Also the Basement Jaxx Warp Dub mix of the same song. (Can't find a youtube so here's a blog post with them all in. Not sure if it's :filez: if it's a music blog though.)

http://www.ilictronix.com/2010/08/white-sky-remixs.html

Also, they were posted a while ago, but does anyone have those Danger wallpapers someone made? Specifically the one of the Danger character sitting on a wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelic
Jul 31, 2009

BYOB posted:

Maybe they'll make a track together. :allears:

anyone heard diplos new tune? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y283uX30uMI
and the remiiiiiix - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAVwB2XtPy8 (warning: dubstep? not mau5)

twitters the best if you're not following diplo on twitter there's something wrong with you