Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Peabody
Jul 15, 2009

Xeno posted:

Me and some other 'chavs' and 'midlife crisis' people this morning :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abuSm14jD6E
430 Scuderia, F355, Lotus Esprit, Maserati 3200 and my 360 :)

Back end of a CS and another 360 there too.

Were you listening to the Spice Girls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp

Mr.Peabody posted:

Were you listening to the Spice Girls?

Ace of Base - Don't turn around

Here now you can live his life.

http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?vide...authorName=valt

Valt fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Aug 25, 2010

plecostomus
Oct 17, 2009

Toned down for your pleasure

Xeno posted:

Some arsing around in car park shots:

Nice 360, I think silver is the best colour for it. If I could ever afford one I would go for a silver one.

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.
Radio, and it was Lady Ga Ga according to the missus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crYDOdZ2LC4

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Valt posted:

Ace of Base - Don't turn around

Here now you can live his life.

http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?vide...authorName=valt

ahaha what? how the hell have you not heard "alejandro"? (loving awful awful pop song). Also who the gently caress buys a ferrari 360 and then listens to the radio. why does it even have a loving radio??

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Xeno posted:

Radio, and it was Lady Ga Ga according to the missus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crYDOdZ2LC4

What were you listening to when you were doing.. uh.. whatever this is? http://www.youtube.com/user/XenoMR2#p/u/3/WfAKDjQfUH4

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.
I believe it's the Black Eyed Peas... I deleted it though lol :)

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

You going to JDM allstars this weekend? I noticed some dude from driftworks commenting on your channel and I'm guessing you're in the south.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

Xeno posted:

I believe it's the Black Eyed Peas... I deleted it though lol :)

Youre moves weren't that bad. I would be far more ashamed that people from the internet saw me listening to Lady Gaga. Fun fact: my alt is Lord GaGa

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

RealKyleH posted:

Youre moves weren't that bad. I would be far more ashamed that people from the internet saw me listening to Lady Gaga. Fun fact: my alt is Lord GaGa

I unironically love lady gaga :smith:

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

KKKLIP ART posted:

I unironically love lady gaga :smith:

This is fine and pretty normal if you are gay or a female.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

RealKyleH posted:

This is fine and pretty normal if you are gay or a female.

I like the beats of her music, I have her cd in instrumental form.

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.

A5H posted:

You going to JDM allstars this weekend? I noticed some dude from driftworks commenting on your channel and I'm guessing you're in the south.
I'm in Cheshire, the guy from Driftworks lent my Maserati at USC last year. I'm at Creamfields this weekend, plus going to Khan in Bradford on Sunday morning to have a ride in their Veyron :)

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

JackRabbitStorm posted:

I like the beats of her music, I have her cd in instrumental form.

Still in the closet I see.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Pipkin posted:

Still in the closet I see.

Lets hope not. In all honesty, I heard one of her songs on the radio, liked how it sounded on my sound system {yeah, I am one of those idiots with a loud system} and ordered the instrumental version because her voice annoyed me.

plecostomus
Oct 17, 2009

Toned down for your pleasure

Xeno posted:

I'm in Cheshire, the guy from Driftworks lent my Maserati at USC last year. I'm at Creamfields this weekend, plus going to Khan in Bradford on Sunday morning to have a ride in their Veyron :)

Please tell me they aren't going to Kahn-ify the Veyron.

B.Wales!
Nov 17, 2008
1977 Porsche 924 N/A and 1992 Ford F-350 XLT.

Just finished carb conversion and other upgrades to the Porsche...

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler
I just bought myself a new car yesterday, its a 1990 MR2 GT with only 118000km on it.

Unfortunately it seems that the PO never cleaned it as even after washing it its still covered in crap. Other than that it looks to be in great condition.

I got a nice introduction to its wet weather performace by having to drive it 380km home through some of the worst weather I've ever seen. That was a fun experience seeing as this is the first mid-engined car I've ever driven.

Heres the '91 Celica GT-Four Group A Rallye that its joining

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

Grashnak posted:

1990 MR2 GT
'91 Celica GT-Four Group A Rallye

This is a prime example of why I hate Toyota today. My wife's family doesn't understand my disdain for reliable unremarkable autos. Toyota used to actually build cool stuff. Now they make priuses. What happened? Do they not realize they have not one interesting car anymore?

Awesome Cars though. I especially like the Celica.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

_firehawk posted:

This is a prime example of why I hate Toyota today. My wife's family doesn't understand my disdain for reliable unremarkable autos. Toyota used to actually build cool stuff. Now they make priuses. What happened? Do they not realize they have not one interesting car anymore?

The FJ Cruiser is pretty interesting, but not if you're into racing them.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

_firehawk posted:

Agreed about the Celica and the MR2 - nice!

And _firehawk, holy poo poo you're right! I just looked at the lineup of 2010/2011 Toyota cars, and every. last. one. is a boring appliance. The Landcruiser might still be riding a reputation, but everything else is just melted wax with some blocky plastic glued on, wrapped around a forgettable engine. :(

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

_firehawk posted:

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

_firehawk posted:

Yeah, I'm really not sure why Toyota have stopped selling anything that even hints at being sporty. I look at the cars they were selling 20 years ago and I'm not entirely sure how they ended up where they are now.
I just hope they don't manage to gently caress up putting the FT-86 concept into production.
Oh and that they don't do what Hyundai did with the Genesis Coupe and actually sell it in Australia.

lazer_chicken
May 14, 2009

PEW PEW ZAP ZAP

_firehawk posted:

Seriously. Isn't it sad that the sportiest car Toyota makes is the Scion tc? The 2GR-FE (and related engines) is begging to be used in a sports car, and it just gets stuck into family-mover crossovers and minivans.

And don't even mention the Corolla XRS because 158hp is pathetic for a 2.4L DOHC "sporty" engine.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

I think Toyota's intention is to get us to look at Lexus for their sporty cars now.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

DropShadow posted:

I think Toyota's intention is to get us to look at Lexus for their sporty cars now.

Google takes me to Yahoo for these lists.

2010/2011 vehicles with a "Toyota" badge (North America):
Avalon
Camry
Camry Hybrid
Sequoia
Sienna
4Runner
Corolla
FJ Cruiser
Highlander
Highlander Hybrid
Landcruiser
Matrix
Prius
Rav4
Venza
Yaris

2010/2011 vehicles with a "Lexus" badge (North America):
GS
GS Hybrid
ES
GX
IS
IS C (convertible)
IS F (bigger engine, fancy 8-speed automatic tranny)
LS
LS Hybrid
LX
RX
RX Hybrid
SC

I think DropShadow is correct. Despite the stupid 2-letter names (the trim is indicated by a number, e.g. LS 430), there are a few distinctly "drive too fast" type cars in the Lexus lineup. But why would Toyota get out of the speed-for-cheap market? Do 10-year-old Toyotas have a reputation-damaging ricer following the way Hondas do?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

DropShadow posted:

Still an epic fail. Lexus vehicles are heavy, overpriced, and really not all that much fun to drive. Comfortable and reliable? Sure, I guess. That they have a bit more go than their Toyota counterparts means nothing though.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

ExecuDork posted:

But why would Toyota get out of the speed-for-cheap market? Do 10-year-old Toyotas have a reputation-damaging ricer following the way Hondas do?

Scion was supposed to become the "sporty" brand aimed at the younger generations, but the only people I see driving xAs and xBs are retirees. The tC seems to have a strong following, but I wouldn't consider any of the Scions contenders in "speed for cheap." However, according to Autoblog today, "Toyota plans budget sports car line".

edit:

Naky posted:

Still an epic fail. Lexus vehicles are heavy, overpriced, and really not all that much fun to drive. Comfortable and reliable? Sure, I guess. That they have a bit more go than their Toyota counterparts means nothing though.

Totally agree. Nothing in any of Toyota's lineups (Scion, Toyota or Lexus) inspires me in any way. Same with Infiniti & Acura.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

ExecuDork posted:

But why would Toyota get out of the speed-for-cheap market? Do 10-year-old Toyotas have a reputation-damaging ricer following the way Hondas do?

I don't ever think they were really in the 'speed for cheap' market though. The SW20 MR2 was as close as it got but wasn't cheap when new. The smaller n/a FWDs like the Levin/Trueno were generally a bit underwhelming next to equivalent Hondas and Mitsubishis. The Celica GT4 was nice but also a bit underwhelming next to Subarus and Mitsis (and also not cheap).

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me
Not to mention the stuff Toyota was offering in the early to mid 1990s was not cheap at all. The yen was really high and Toyotas were much more expensive than a lot of the competition in the United States.

Look up the prices for Celica Alltracs and MR2 Turbos then convert those figures to modern currency. Not cheap at all.

andy17null
Nov 29, 2007

I'M SO GODDAMN RETARDED, I THINK THIS IS LITERALLY REAL MONEY
I just bought my first car. It's a 99 Firebird. A few more full-res pics here.

(Pasting from the stupid question thread:)
I purchased it from a private seller in the state of NY. I have to send the title to my bank ASAP for a lien. I am moving to Connecticut on Monday [i.e. tomorrow, 9/6/10] to start my new job. Should I register the car in NY or CT? Do I need the title to register it? I know I have to get a CT license within 30 days of my move. Do I have to register the car, get plates mailed to me, put the plates on in NY and drive to CT, or can I drive to CT with no plates and park it until I get plates? It's about a hundred miles each way, almost all on I-84.
edit: temporary NY plates maybe? would I have to pay the full fee for a NYS registration?

Current plan is to leave it at home tomorrow, borrow my dad's car until I get my CT license and temporary CT plates, then come home and swap it.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

_firehawk posted:

Even back then, there were options to make sporty cars appear like Camrys (Camri?)

A beautiful symphony of brown.

Konigwheels
Jul 1, 2007

by T. Fine

Sockington posted:

It may be, but it still looks like a wonderful place to be to me.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Only pic I've got of my truck, the day I went to look at it and picked it up a week later.

Absolute base XL, I don't even have a tach, inline 6, 5 speed, 4x4. 89k miles on on the ODO when I picked it up.

E: Anything special I need to look for with this year (96) and model? I got in late Marchish and ready for the first oil change. From everyone I've talked to the engine is mostly bullet proof but that's all that anyone has told me.

Plinkey fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Sep 7, 2010

HalJ
Oct 5, 2005
This conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
My new project.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Plinkey posted:

Only pic I've got of my truck, the day I went to look at it and picked it up a week later.

Absolute base XL, I don't even have a tach, inline 6, 5 speed, 4x4. 89k miles on on the ODO when I picked it up.

E: Anything special I need to look for with this year (96) and model? I got in late Marchish and ready for the first oil change. From everyone I've talked to the engine is mostly bullet proof but that's all that anyone has told me.

If it's the 300 I6 then you should be good to go. I've got the same engine in my '84 E-150 and it's awesome. Parts are terribly cheap and it's gonna be even easier for you to work on since I have to deal with the cowl on the van. Did the plugs, cap/rotor, wires, and PCV on it yesterday and didn't take terribly long. Rebuilding the carb later this week.

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer

Sockington posted:

Even back then, there were options to make sporty cars appear like Camrys (Camri?)

AW11s' interiors were some of the all time best. Simple, driver oriented, sometimes brown.

Blow Dog
Aug 14, 2004
no

IMG_1166 by Blow Dog, on Flickr

Picked it up yesterday!
Woohoo - you guys really need to hear this bitch.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Post a video then.
Did you get rid of the GT3RS?
Tracking it any time soon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Blow Dog posted:

IMG_1166 by Blow Dog, on Flickr

Picked it up yesterday!
Woohoo - you guys really need to hear this bitch.

:flashfap:

Nobody makes a completely bonkers supercar quite like Lamborghini.

So, spill the beans, is it new, how many miles have you put on it already? :)

EDIT: Wait, if I understand UK plates correctly, the 85 means it was registered in mid-2008, right? Either way, congratulations!