Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaleFigure
Sep 3, 2007

the other white meat
I have to admit I'm a little surprised that nobody has mentioned Teknikal Diffikulties yet.

Currently he alternates seasons of the regular sketch comedy podcast ("TekDiff") with seasons of his ongoing serial adventure/action/drama story, "The Account" (which is what he's currently doing, and is also excellent).

There's an archive link on that main page though, go back to April/March 2010 for the latest season of comedy. It's very fast-paced, non-sequitur type stuff with recurring characters and can get very bizarre at times, but that's why I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Anyone else surprised to find out that Doug Benson is 46 years old? I'd have guessed early 30s or something.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Jimmy Pardo on Maron's podcast today. Could be un-comfor-tablay

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

jyrka posted:

Anyone else surprised to find out that Doug Benson is 46 years old? I'd have guessed early 30s or something.

Yeah the first time he mentioned his age (I think he hinted at him being older than people think on Never Not Funny) I was pretty surprised.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Weed makes you not age

Yo, visit my website, https://www.aol.com

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?

jyrka posted:

He was in Blade Runner!

Saganaut
Jul 4, 2009

webster876 posted:

Alright, around episode 15 of Uhh Yeah Dude, the actual laugh our loud moments are rolling in. Congrats, Uhh Yeah Dude, welcome to the team.
Cool, I'm glad you gave them a chance. Also, you're not even to where the show starts to really come together. You have so much good content ahead of you.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

redz posted:

He was in Blade Runner!

He was also in Captain EO.

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie
Anyone ever go to the live tapings of Doug Loves Movies? I'd love to know what Elizabeth Shue said about (I'm assuming)Kevin Bacon that they beeped out.

widunder
May 2, 2002
Just listened to a few episodes of Doug Loves Movies, and it's a fun format. No laugh out loud moments yet, though.

I have a love-hate relationship with The Joe Rogan Experience. One the one hand, I really like Rogan as a MMA personality, good ones of which there aren't many. I'm also interested in standup so the show is fun in that way. Oh and Joey Diaz is the loving best. However, Joe Rogan and some of his friends can be one of the most annoying and dumbest dudes ever. He's incredibly dumb when it comes to movies (HAVE A PROPER ENDING NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN!!), his attitude towards women can sometimes be a little flaky and he believes incredibly dumb conspiracy theories. And Eddie Bravo is just about the most infurating person ever.

Yet I still listen on every drat 2,5 hour show. Because it can be really really funny.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

COMPUTER SECRETS posted:

Anyone ever go to the live tapings of Doug Loves Movies? I'd love to know what Elizabeth Shue said about (I'm assuming)Kevin Bacon that they beeped out.

I can't decide if she's talking about Bacon or Josh Brolin. She's talking about a sex scene though and I'm under the impression that whoever she was talking about might have been completely naked and a little bit excited because she goes on to mention how she kept her bra on instead.

Also, she was a great guest and suprisingly honest about her career.

positivecontrol
Feb 20, 2005

Fuck.
Doug posted this on aspecialthing.com:

quote:

actually, no. there were several things she regretted saying, but i told her we'd bleep out one. she picked some disparaging stuff she said about a director.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

habanero walrus posted:

How can you listen to 40 hours of a show you don't like? What is wrong with you.

Well I'm a delivery guy, so I like to have a lot of new audio. I heard UYD was funny, so I downloaded the first 50 episodes. My computer got hosed up shortly after so I couldn't get anything else, so I listened to those.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

nemoulette posted:

Just listened to a few episodes of Doug Loves Movies, and it's a fun format. No laugh out loud moments yet, though.

Stick with it.

nemoulette posted:

I have a love-hate relationship with The Joe Rogan Experience.
Yet I still listen on every drat 2,5 hour show. Because it can be really really funny.

I'm right there with you. I'm not an MMA freak (though I do watch it), but the show can be really loving funny. When Joe does Joey it's pretty hilarious, and despite being a weird stoned nerd Brian can be pretty funny sometimes.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

webster876 posted:

Alright, time for the official "Guy who listened to Uhh Yeah Dude once for like 10 minutes and hated it and decided today to give it the genuine ol' college try"

Stick with it. Half to 80% of the humor is knowing the guys. The more you listen the funnier it becomes.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Scared of Bees posted:

I am made out of balsa wood in the shape of a plane so I can fly and my landing gear is always stuck open and I have a brain made out of gold that people want to steal and scoop out of my head and I know there is my one true love out there that I can never find.

The_Rob posted:

Don't forget that you have to run on your little tippy toes.

I am but a poor goon and don't have an iPod or anything so I burned an episode to CD this morning to listen to on my rather lengthy drive to/from work. It was this episode :). I love the Cake Boss.

KillRoy
Dec 28, 2004
I many not go down in history but I'll go down on you sister.
I like CDR because it lets comedians be funny in a different format than just stand up. I don't really like Todd Glass's comedy that much but he's always funny on CDR. His Soobaorou story was hilarious. Scott Aukerman's stand up isn't that great either but I love his hosting style.

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie

KillRoy posted:

I like CDR because it lets comedians be funny in a different format than just stand up. I don't really like Todd Glass's comedy that much but he's always funny on CDR. His Soobaorou story was hilarious. Scott Aukerman's stand up isn't that great either but I love his hosting style.

If you like Todd Glass on CDR, you should listen to the first episodes of Comedy and Everything Else. I can't remember at what point he left the show, but he was there for a long time.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

KillRoy posted:

On WTF Scott has talked about how he was never a good stand up. He said he was always more into the improv, and sketch comedy world. So he is aware of his lovely stand up.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
I'm not a big fan of Comedy Death Ray, but I love when they plug their upcoming shows at the end. I'll usually download the episodes and just fast forward to the plugs.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

Stick with it.

I'm right there with you. I'm not an MMA freak (though I do watch it), but the show can be really loving funny. When Joe does Joey it's pretty hilarious, and despite being a weird stoned nerd Brian can be pretty funny sometimes.

Brian is like a better version of Carolla's podcast weird stoned nerd guy.

edit: Donny? I think his name is Donny.

jyrka fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Aug 29, 2010

Jinjin Bemar
Apr 5, 2008

by Ozmaugh

Tears In A Vial posted:

I listened to a few of these back when I was first getting into podcasts. They're pretty atrocious at times, and the ones with his wife are unbearable. I think I'd rather double date with Ian Huntley and Maxine Carr than those two. Basically, if you want to listen to a really, really fat guy talk about loving his odd-looking wife, give this a bash.

I'm currently powering through the back issues of the Collings and Herrin podcast at work, go through two or three a day.

Here are all the links and things...

http://www.comedy.co.uk/podcasts/collingsherrin/

And here's the podcasts wikipedia entry...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collings_and_Herrin_%28podcast%29

It's a British podcast, by Comedian Richard Herring and Broadcaster Andrew Collins, which is supposed to look at the news of the week and such, but from the twenty or so episodes I've listened to so far, they rarely actually get to the news, preferring to just dick about and talk about whatever takes their fancy. It was voted best podcast a few times and that.

Collings and Herrin are superb. Best comedy podcast Ive come across.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Bobby Malone posted:

I'm not a big fan of Comedy Death Ray, but I love when they plug their upcoming shows at the end. I'll usually download the episodes and just fast forward to the plugs.

This is very understandable. It is the most popular (and best) part of the show.

webster876
Aug 4, 2007

DrVenkman posted:

I can't decide if she's talking about Bacon or Josh Brolin. She's talking about a sex scene though and I'm under the impression that whoever she was talking about might have been completely naked and a little bit excited because she goes on to mention how she kept her bra on instead.

Also, she was a great guest and suprisingly honest about her career.

They were also talking about Hollow Man around the same time, right? I would guess it was about Kevin Bacon, IIRC he had to spend a lot of time bare-rear end naked during the making of that movie... you can even see his invisable penis when he's being sprinkled with water or paint or whatever the hell happened in that movie.

KING OF BLOGOSPHERE
Aug 26, 2008

webster876 posted:

They were also talking about Hollow Man around the same time, right? I would guess it was about Kevin Bacon, IIRC he had to spend a lot of time bare-rear end naked during the making of that movie... you can even see his invisable penis when he's being sprinkled with water or paint or whatever the hell happened in that movie.

From what Doug Benson said on his forum and the surrounding context I think that she was talking about how creepy Paul Verhoeven (the director of Hollow Man) is and how she didn't want to get naked in front of him?

stray
Jun 28, 2005

"It's a jet pack, Michael. What could possibly go wrong?"
Dunno if this has been added yet, but Tank Riot is lots of fun to listen to and covers many different subjects.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

The_Rob posted:

This is very understandable. It is the most popular (and best) part of the show.

gently caress you guys

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

KING OF BLOGOSPHERE posted:

From what Doug Benson said on his forum and the surrounding context I think that she was talking about how creepy Paul Verhoeven (the director of Hollow Man) is and how she didn't want to get naked in front of him?

Given how Verhoven got naked in front of the 'Starship Troopers' cast to get them to go naked for the shower scenes I'm betting he tried the same thing with Shue but just came across creepy as gently caress.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

COMPUTER SECRETS posted:

If you like Todd Glass on CDR, you should listen to the first episodes of Comedy and Everything Else. I can't remember at what point he left the show, but he was there for a long time.

Speaking of, Todd is back this week on Comedy and Everything Else :allears:

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

bananasinpajamas posted:

Speaking of, Todd is back this week on Comedy and Everything Else :allears:

Why did he leave? It was never clear, but hints lead to something between him and Jimmy Dore.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

I can't stand MMA, so I space out during those sessions, but I still like the podcast. Redban says some outrageous poo poo sometimes, like when he's talking about how he likes to throw his loads on the walls when he's masturbating in a hotel. He can't believe that none of the other show hosts share his disgusting habit.

If I see an episode has Joey Diaz, I'll always listen to it. That guy is amazing, if it was him cursing for 2 hours straight, I'd listen to it. Joe has credited him as being the funniest guy he knows, and I agree. If you've ever seen his standup, it's raunchy as hell, but I actually like him better just hearing him talk during the podcast.

What are these pies
Jul 22, 2008
Just popped in to say I got my free Lou Reads magnet from King Lou, along with some business cards and an ad for a weed grinder. Thanks pal! I like that the street you live on is called Pineapple.

AND I got an unexpected shout-out on today's episode of MBMBaM (episode 20) for sending their favorite marine Tristan a postcard. Those guys are both hysterical and kick-rear end, more people need to listen to their show.

Seriously. Lou Reads the Internet for YOU! and My Brother My Brother and Me are the coolest.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
New Doug Loves Movies is up. Elisabeth Shue has a grating laugh that makes me want to punch her.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It's been out since last week, duder.

Borrego
May 17, 2010

I need pictures!
Pictures of Greaser-Man!
Some good Podcasts coming out this last week. Elisiabeth Shue censoring her comments on Doug Loves movies. Todd Glass returning to Comedy and everything else. Jimmy Pardo onWTF. Paul F Tompkins on the Nerdist. And for my fellow goons who listen to Tell 'em Steve Dave an hour long argument between Bryan and Walter. As an avid listener it was pretty hard to listen to. They patched things up by the end and started doing commentary on what they thought was their worst live show in Houston.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Phone posted:

It's been out since last week, duder.

I've been snorting copious amounts of CDR and kinda lost track of time. I pawned a bunch of TVs too.

I just got to the bleeped out parts and remembered seeing something about that in here already. I am the worst goon.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Very little in comedy podcasting is heartwarming like this week's UYD, when Seth cohosts with his mother Marsha.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

My friend Curtis, who did an animation for Comedy and Everything Else earlier this year or late last year, will be on an upcoming episode at the end. Apparently, Dore is getting him to do another 4-minute animation for him.

Curtis is the host of his own podcast, The Curtis and Tara Show. It's not professional, just them, talking about stuff. It has its moments. Episode 45-or-so onward, I do the music.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I thought Elisabeth Shue was adorable "I've had a very mediocre career"

The new WTF with Judd Apatow is amazing. I'd love to hear the original tapes with a 16 Year Old Judd interviewing all these comedians.

Also interesting to hear Leno's philosophy on Comedy. It seems like even at that point it's less him doing something he loves and more a job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter

Borrego posted:

And for my fellow goons who listen to Tell 'em Steve Dave an hour long argument between Bryan and Walter. As an avid listener it was pretty hard to listen to. They patched things up by the end and started doing commentary on what they thought was their worst live show in Houston.

Don't forget Walt's plan for combating movie piracy: the movie studios get to destroy pirates' computers via the internet with an electromagnetic pulse. It's really his best solution for society's problems since he suggested pairing up child molesters with midgets.

When you start worrying about the sanity of the hosts, is it time to stop listening?

Thanks to this thread I discovered The Nerdist, which is incredible. You know how Chris Hardwick talks about his dad, the professional bowler, and how he had a bowling alley in Memphis? I've been there dozens of times, and Chris probably handed me a pair of bowling shoes or sold me a Coke back in the 80s.

• Locked thread