Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
The wheels aren't that bad, but for the market they cater to it will be a very, very frosty day in hell before they hit production.

Besides, I like how the left profile is lowered and the right isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Naky posted:

The wheels aren't that bad, but for the market they cater to it will be a very, very frosty day in hell before they hit production.

Besides, I like how the left profile is lowered and the right isn't.

it's just how the car is built, there's a weird lip/flare over the rear wheel that throws things off.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Click here for the full 1280x860 image.

there's a couple of more pictures on the jaguar site that show some different angles.
I saw one of these on the motorway the other day, just in passing, but I noticed it enough to notice it was pretty loving ugly.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Aug 17, 2010

Garth Fader
Oct 8, 2008
I'm Very Stupid
gather ye round, and listen to my stupid

PS: This is me fellating capitalism:
:a2m:

Linedance posted:

I saw one of these on the motorway the other day, just in passing, but I noticed it enough to notice it was pretty loving ugly.

Click here for the full 1280x957 image.

:psyduck:

Sometimes it feels like i'm loving crazy, is this really considered ugly?!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

The back is. It looks weird as hell in real life.

Garth Fader
Oct 8, 2008
I'm Very Stupid
gather ye round, and listen to my stupid

PS: This is me fellating capitalism:
:a2m:

A5H posted:

The back is. It looks weird as hell in real life.

I dunno, i think it looks really unique and sexy. It's a nice departure from what most companies do.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Garth Fader posted:

Click here for the full 1280x957 image.

:psyduck:

Sometimes it feels like i'm loving crazy, is this really considered ugly?!

even a Porsche Panamera looks decent in composed brochure shots.
I mean ok the new Jag isn't hideous, but it's certainly a bit of a mess. The proportions are all hosed up, like they took a Rolls Royce and pinched bits to make it look not as big, then did an "our version of..." a Citroen C6 on the back which barely even works on a Citroen C6.

And the front looks more like a badger than a jaguar.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Panamera owns in dark colours, I don't see everyone's problem with it.
I'd daily drive the poo poo out of one.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Garth Fader posted:

I dunno, i think it looks really unique and sexy. It's a nice departure from what most companies do.

Black rear pillars made to fake out a bigger window is unique and sexy? I think it looks stupid.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Ziploc posted:

Black rear pillars made to fake out a bigger window is unique and sexy? I think it looks stupid.

That's kind of a weird touch but other than that I really like the back. The blacked out C pillars look better on dark colored cars.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.
I'm with Kyoon on this one :( It's a more bloated "fast-back" sedan/crossover/confused XJ

sacre
Jan 26, 2007
The back certainly is different, but I think I could grow to like it. As someone else mentioned, it reminds me of the C6 which is a good thing.
But I'm not sure if I could get used to the front. Something about having such a prominent nose, yet the headlights are back and sunk below the bonnet line just looks strange.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
So Honda is apparently going to discontinue their hybrid models in Canada because of disappointing sales.

I'm as shocked as you are that it wasn't the Crosstour. How about a real wagon for a country that buys lots of them, Honda? Maybe with all the money you save not updating the Civic you could also put some double wishbones in it next time.

It's like watching Nissan self-destruct all over again, but this time the French aren't involved and the Fit is actually a decent small car. Maybe the Fiesta will force North American Honda to try and actually revise something.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Aug 23, 2010

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
I was looking through some pictures of Ford's display at the Woodward Dream Cruise because Ford was debuting their new superchargers for the 2011 Mustang 5.0 there.

Neat!

Ugly car but whatever it's a marketing tool. Hey! What's that neon green reflection in the bumper?

Who brought the riced Focus?

Oh. Oh my!

Swanky.

Looks like we really are getting the new Focus RS.

Blocko
Jul 12, 2008

Spoiler alert: Blood Ravens are actually Hiigarans who got sucked into the warp, were sent back in time to fight in WWII against the Panzer Elite, then stole a nazi time machine to go into the future and save mankind from an army of Lobster-Elephants and other impossible creatures.

Rated R.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

So Honda is apparently going to discontinue their hybrid models in Canada because of disappointing sales.

I'm as shocked as you are that it wasn't the Crosstour. How about a real wagon for a country that buys lots of them, Honda? Maybe with all the money you save not updating the Civic you could also put some double wishbones in it next time.

It's like watching Nissan self-destruct all over again, but this time the French aren't involved and the Fit is actually a decent small car. Maybe the Fiesta will force North American Honda to try and actually revise something.

I saw a crosstour at the gas station the other day. It look like Honda took an Accord , put it in a photocopier and hit 150%. Then jacked it up about 6". I think the problem with the crosstour is that you don't know what it's supposed to be, It's too high off the ground to be a wagon, but too small to be an SUV, and too long to be a sedan.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

It's also really, really ugly.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
It's a loving Honda Panamera.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Blocko posted:

I saw a crosstour at the gas station the other day. It look like Honda took an Accord , put it in a photocopier and hit 150%. Then jacked it up about 6". I think the problem with the crosstour is that you don't know what it's supposed to be, It's too high off the ground to be a wagon, but too small to be an SUV, and too long to be a sedan.
It's a testament to how loving awful the Crosstour is that the Acura version of it (the ZDX) looks significantly better. With the buckteeth.

They still look like lumpen computer mice with an Outback poorly welded to the bottom.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

It's a testament to how loving awful the Crosstour is that the Acura version of it (the ZDX) looks significantly better. With the buckteeth.

They still look like lumpen computer mice with an Outback poorly welded to the bottom.

The Crosstour is exactly the same as the Accord with the same double wishbone suspension and floorpan. The ZDX is actually a completely different truck based on the Pilot SUV floorplan with Macpherson strut front and trailing arm rear suspension.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
In that case, it's just the Crosstour that's massively ugly. :colbert:

Speaking of massively ugly, apparently the Juke is pretty okay despite its garish exterior. Who would have thought putting a turbocharger into an all-wheel-drive hatchback was a recipe for good times?

I can't see it catching on all that well, though. I haven't seen that many Cubes, and I'd consider that one to be more socially acceptable than the Juke. Nissan's website is also kind of unclear whether or not you can get AWD with the 6-speed manual transmission or you're forced into the CVT.

sw0cb
Feb 18, 2007

frozenphil posted:

I was looking through some pictures of Ford's display at the Woodward Dream Cruise because Ford was debuting their new superchargers for the 2011 Mustang 5.0 there.

Neat!

Ugly car but whatever it's a marketing tool. Hey! What's that neon green reflection in the bumper?

Who brought the riced Focus?

Oh. Oh my!

Swanky.

Looks like we really are getting the new Focus RS.

Wait. What? Were really getting the Focus RS? When?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

I can't see it catching on all that well, though. I haven't seen that many Cubes, and I'd consider that one to be more socially acceptable than the Juke. Nissan's website is also kind of unclear whether or not you can get AWD with the 6-speed manual transmission or you're forced into the CVT.
Going by the list at http://www.nissanusa.com/apps/presell/juke , looks like the MT is only available on front-wheel drive versions.

Looks like a reasonable little car though. If my current car lasts until they come out, I might be interested.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

sw0cb posted:

Wait. What? Were really getting the Focus RS? When?

No one knows, this is all rumor mill stuff. We have quotes from Alan Mulally and Jost Capito saying they want to unify Ford's world brands and such so it just makes sense. We also know Ford has been doing market research in regards to the RS' viability in the American market.
Finally, we have this quote from The Detroit Bureau:

quote:

“Rumors are fun, aren’t they?” a Ford spokesman said in response to a query about a U.S. version of the car. He also refused to add anything to those rumors.

In my eyes, showing off the RS at the Woodward Dream Cruise, of all places, makes a compelling argument for their plans. Check out the people gathered around the RS instead of looking at the new supercharger from Ford on their new 5.0 Mustang.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

frozenphil posted:

In my eyes, showing off the RS at the Woodward Dream Cruise, of all places, makes a compelling argument for their plans. Check out the people gathered around the RS instead of looking at the new supercharger from Ford on their new 5.0 Mustang.

I sure hope that's the case, and that it's not just this one out on the dream cruise: http://jalopnik.com/5464201/viva-los-hoons-jalopnik-reader-buys-mexican-focus-rs

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

frozenphil posted:

I love the RS, but it's hard to want over the new Stang from a value standpoint.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

kimbo305 posted:

I love the RS, but it's hard to want over the new Stang from a value standpoint.

:rolleye: oxcart suspension :rolleye:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

You know, all talk aside, I'm beginning to doubt that oxcarts have an 8.8 at all.

CGameProgrammer
Nov 5, 2008
A totally-new Focus (MY 2012) is being released globally in the first half of 2011. If we ever get the RS it would definitely be based on that car and not the current one.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
RE: Focus RS
The interior shot, the center cluster screen looks like a face screaming at me.

Someone please post about the new Mazda concept:
http://www.google.com/m/url?client=...0epiGKfkg5LyUFw

I'm on my stupid phone so I can't craft a nicer post with pics.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

obeyasia posted:

RE: Focus RS
The interior shot, the center cluster screen looks like a face screaming at me.

Someone please post about the new Mazda concept:
http://www.google.com/m/url?client=...0epiGKfkg5LyUFw

I'm on my stupid phone so I can't craft a nicer post with pics.

Will do, here is a pic of the Shinari concept, showing off Mazda's new Kodo design language and scaling down that infamous grin (though I'm honestly not that bothered by it). I think it's gorgeous, though it looks an awful lot like the Fisker Karma.

root beer fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Aug 30, 2010

Blocko
Jul 12, 2008

Spoiler alert: Blood Ravens are actually Hiigarans who got sucked into the warp, were sent back in time to fight in WWII against the Panzer Elite, then stole a nazi time machine to go into the future and save mankind from an army of Lobster-Elephants and other impossible creatures.

Rated R.

Pseudonym posted:

I think it's gorgeous, though it looks an awful lot like the Fisker Karma.

What I see when I look at the Fisker Karma:

What I see when I look like the current Mazda3:

I think the new Kodo design looks cool though, it doesn't instantly remind me of anything other than a car, I'm not too sure about those sharp angles next to the grill but that probably won't make it into any production cars (pedestrian collision laws and whatnot)

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Well, yeah, the front ends of each car are worlds apart (and your comparisons are pretty apt, by the way), but I was referring more to the overall shape of the Shinari itself. I hope this is made into a production car and not much is changed (though I agree on the sharp angles bit), as this is one of the few concepts I actually like. Maybe it can be a successor to the 929/Millenia, and be sold as the Mazda9?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Pseudonym posted:

Will do, here is a pic of the Shinari concept, showing off Mazda's new Kodo design language and scaling down that infamous grin (though I'm honestly not that bothered by it). I think it's gorgeous, though it looks an awful lot like the Fisker Karma.

That is very pretty. Though it looks less so at full size, from the thumbnail it looks a bit like a Mazderati something, not that that's a bad thing at all

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:
I'm looking forward to Top Gear getting a crack at the Porsche 918. For now, R&T released some audio of the engine revving:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f4phgrpeR8

Better produced video of the above:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J-vYph6abI&feature=player_embedded

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Am I the only one that sees an awful lot of four door RX-8 in that Kodo concept? That was the first thing that popped out at me when I looked at it. It's a stretch but there's just something about it...

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
So Citroën unveiled the new DS4. Its meant to be the sort of luxurious version of the C4. It looks kinda Golf'ish though.

They also really like that whole "lets hide the rear door handles in the C-pillar" thing.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
drat, that interior is sick. I like the car overall but they need to make it look less like a drat Wagoneer. It looks like it's sitting 4 feet off of the ground.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Does that thing have suicide doors in the rear?

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

rscott posted:

Does that thing have suicide doors in the rear?

??? The last photo shows the rear door pulling away in the traditional way.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

travisray2004 posted:

??? The last photo shows the rear door pulling away in the traditional way.

Weird. The last photo didn't load up for me the first time on this page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReaperUnreal
Feb 21, 2007
Trogdor is King

Naky posted:

Am I the only one that sees an awful lot of four door RX-8 in that Kodo concept? That was the first thing that popped out at me when I looked at it. It's a stretch but there's just something about it...

That's because the new head designer is the same designer that did the RX-8. Or so I'm told by a raving RX-8 fanatic at work.