Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~
Holy poo poo the new All That Remains track absolutely wrecks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MalConstant
Mar 16, 2008

Wamsutta posted:

Okay, Times of Grace seems to have caused an erection that simply won't subside here. If it stays up for more than 4 hours I'm supposed to call some hotline right?

I still have an erection..

----

There's another new Within The Ruins song. Yeah it pretty much rules! This album is going to be loving awesome.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/08/19/within-the-ruins-versus-you-exclusive-premiere/

gently caress YOUR MYSTERIOUS WAYS!!!!!

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

oh dang that lil' riff at 2:04 is sick

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Got tickets for Parkway Drive, Comeback Kid, Bleeding Through, Emmure, Your Demise, War From A Harlots Mouth, We Came As Romans. November. Pretty stoked!

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

A5H posted:

Got tickets for Parkway Drive, Comeback Kid, Bleeding Through, Emmure, Your Demise, War From A Harlots Mouth, We Came As Romans. November. Pretty stoked!

Jesus Christ, is that all one tour? :psyduck:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Yeah, only £15 as well.
Emmure are gay as poo poo though, I might buy a acacia strain shirt.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

A5H posted:

£15

Where is it?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I'm going to newcastle but there is a few dates. It's called never say die or some poo poo.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

A5H posted:

We Came as Romans doesn't really seem like they belong on that tour.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Hahaha just had a listen, it's gay post hardcore sounding stuff. Lame.

m3talh3ad
Jan 28, 2005

A5H posted:

Hahaha just had a listen, it's gay post hardcore sounding stuff. Lame.

Speaking of... not really sure if this belongs here but one of my favorite guilty pleasures, Dance Gavin Dance, is getting their GOOD lead singer back, Jonny Craig :toot: Hopefully with less pill poppin'

MalConstant
Mar 16, 2008
New All That Remains song "Hold On". This is pretty disappointing compared to their other song they've released. Radio friendly....

This guy can scream and pull off some sick growls, but his singing voice is...sub-par. Especially live. At least the solo is decent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtpXswJ6AEk

EDIT: Web rip quality.

MalConstant fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Aug 28, 2010

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT

MalConstant posted:

This guy can scream and pull off some sick growls, but his singing voice is...sub-par. Especially live. At least the solo is decent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HG0a1DhFPI

EDIT: Web rip quality.

I find this the case with most bands that have harsh and clean vocals. The clean singing is basically always constantly flat or sharp. The best I've heard was probably Tommy from BTBAM, but even he would go out of key quite often and it doesn't help that Paul's backing vocals are consistently flat.

MalConstant
Mar 16, 2008

the Bunt posted:

I find this the case with most bands that have harsh and clean vocals. The clean singing is basically always constantly flat or sharp. The best I've heard was probably Tommy from BTBAM, but even he would go out of key quite often and it doesn't help that Paul's backing vocals are consistently flat.

Yeah, Tommy from BTBAM is pretty solid live and so is Howard Jones from KsE although they aren't perfect like you said.

The Dirtyness
Sep 13, 2007
I just got my copy of Invade by Within the Ruins in the mail. Holy loving poo poo. It's even more tech than Creature. Really digging it. The only thing I don't like about it is the instrumental, Ataxia. It's an awesome song, but it could have been even more awesome with vocals. Overall though, really solid album.

MalConstant
Mar 16, 2008

The Dirtyness posted:

I just got my copy of Invade by Within the Ruins in the mail. Holy loving poo poo. It's even more tech than Creature. Really digging it. The only thing I don't like about it is the instrumental, Ataxia. It's an awesome song, but it could have been even more awesome with vocals. Overall though, really solid album.

Nevermind. Found a copy! I'm so buying this when it releases next week.

MalConstant fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 29, 2010

Think
Sep 20, 2005

MalConstant posted:

:cb:

I don't think this is such a good idea. (but hey it alerted me to this new album)

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!
I just saw Atari Teenage Riot at Reading Festival, awesome stuff. I honestly have no idea whether it should be in this thread or another though :shobon:

I last saw Alec Empire eight years ago at Leeds Festival, which made me feel old until I saw the age of the crowd this time.

Gravybong
Apr 24, 2007

Smokin' weed all day. All I do is smoke weed. Every day of my life it's all I do. I don't give a FUCK! Weed.
If any of you haven't heard of A Loathing Requiem or Diskreet, you should give them a listen because they both have Malcolm Pugh in them, and he owns. In fact, A Loathing Requiem is just Malcolm on all instruments:

http://www.myspace.com/aloathingrequiem

http://www.myspace.com/diskreet

MalConstant
Mar 16, 2008

SeraphSlaughter posted:

If any of you haven't heard of A Loathing Requiem or Diskreet, you should give them a listen because they both have Malcolm Pugh in them, and he owns. In fact, A Loathing Requiem is just Malcolm on all instruments:

http://www.myspace.com/aloathingrequiem

http://www.myspace.com/diskreet

Oh man, I knew of A Loathing Requiem, but not Diskreet. Thank you! This poo poo is awesome.

Xithyl
Jul 17, 2004

Watching You Pee
I could listen to "melodic metalcore" all day, every day.

Misery Signals
Counterparts
It Prevails
Of Virtue
Structures

Feel free to recommend any and all stuff in this vein.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Xithyl posted:

Misery Signals
Counterparts
It Prevails
Of Virtue
Structures

The new Parkway Drive album is awesome.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Xithyl posted:

Misery Signals
Counterparts
It Prevails
Of Virtue
Structures

Carry the Torch
Shai Hulud

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
weapon finesse: my dong

Xithyl posted:

Misery Signals
Counterparts
It Prevails
Of Virtue
Structures

Life in Your Way
7 Angels 7 Plagues
For the Fallen Dreams
Versus the Mirror
The Eyes of a Traitor

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

the Bunt posted:

I'm kinda suprised to hear people not liking Phil ATR's live vocals. I've seen that band at least eight times since 03 or so, and Phil sounds great live. My problem with ATR is they always mix the guitars way, way too loving low, and it's pure drums/Phil all night.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Misery Signals really needs to come out with something new.... there last album "Controller" was loving awesome, my favorite of 08 actually.

Its then kind of album you listen to on a cold December night and just feel completely engrossed in it. It has this sort of Hollow/empty/dreamlike sound to it which really sets it apart from other bands/albums in the same genre IMO.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Has anyone listened to the new Zombie EP from The Devil Wears Prada? I've never really been into them, but this loving shreds - the heaviest poo poo they have ever done, and Mike Hranica's vocals are amazing, his lows are so much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqkRzYlhflE

Eight Is Legend fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Aug 31, 2010

PREG NET
Jan 3, 2005

Eight Is Legend posted:

Has anyone listened to the new Zombie EP from The Devil Wears Prada? I've never really been into them, but this loving shreds - the heaviest poo poo they have ever done, and Mike Hranica's vocals are amazing, his lows are so much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqkRzYlhflE

It was mentioned on the last page.

Valex posted:

Holy poo poo the new All That Remains track absolutely wrecks

Yeah, I'm liking it too, but I think the solo is a little out of place.

PREG NET fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Aug 31, 2010

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Misery Signals really needs to come out with something new.... there last album "Controller" was loving awesome, my favorite of 08 actually.

Its then kind of album you listen to on a cold December night and just feel completely engrossed in it. It has this sort of Hollow/empty/dreamlike sound to it which really sets it apart from other bands/albums in the same genre IMO.

They're on hiatus right now, with everyone doing their own side projects for now. Only one I can recall without the aid of google is Burning Empires with the drummer from Fallout Boy.

I found an unlabeled CD in my car a couple days ago and it was a copy of Of Malice... I burned back in high school. I don't even care if they release another album, I just want them to tour again. Always a fun time, except that one time some kid told a cop walking by the venue "theres FSU in there, so we're leaving cause we're scared." If there were any FSU there, they all deserved a congressional medal of honor for not killing the flat-brim brigade that flooded the place during Emmure's set. The show could've done without a couple cops staring everyone down.

PREG NET
Jan 3, 2005

Kevar posted:

"theres FSU in there, so we're leaving cause we're scared."

oh no fat basement nerds with arm tattoos at hardcore shows, run!

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
Kid went on to explain that "they're a gang that beats kids up for no reason," and the cops were like "they're the ones with the X's on their hands, right?"

My guess is the kid was standing near the pit and caught a stray fist because he was too dumb to know how to prevent such things (see: PAY THE gently caress ATTENTION). Get punched at a show? Clearly the INFAMOUS FSU is out to get you.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Emmure are gay as poo poo. Someone should have just kicked the bands rear end.

Gravybong
Apr 24, 2007

Smokin' weed all day. All I do is smoke weed. Every day of my life it's all I do. I don't give a FUCK! Weed.

Emmure posted:

l-----------------------l
l---------------------o-l
l--1-1-1---1---1-1-o-l
l--0-0-0---0---0-0----l

fuckin sick brah

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008

SeraphSlaughter posted:

fuckin sick brah

Haha I love you

edit for content: you guys need to be spinning the new ion dissonance right now (I know many of you are).

Gaza fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Sep 2, 2010

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

A5H posted:

Emmure are gay as poo poo. Someone should have just kicked the bands rear end.

From what I hear, Vince from Acacia Strain tried (in my hometown no less). Kid from Emmure had brass knuckles or something so they eventually decided to be friends

The worst thing about Emmure is the bullshit kids they bring out to shows.

As for good metalcore, The Red Chord and Gaza (good) are opening for Acacia Strain (meh) pretty soon. 3750 is a guilty pleasure of mine because they ended up on almost every show I went to in 04-05, a handful of times opening for the red chord so its a shame to see that reversed now. It's been a couple years since I've seen the red chord so I'm pretty excited they're coming around again. I hope they still play a fair amount of Fused because I don't dislike their new stuff, but nothing beats Like a Train Through a Pigeon, Nihilist, That Certain Special Kind of Ugly, and Dreaming in Dog Years live.

m3talh3ad
Jan 28, 2005

The Dirtyness posted:

Awesome loving album.

I do think Roads is the better of the two instrumentals. Both are solid like you said though. Good stuff all around.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

m3talh3ad posted:

Awesome loving album.

Agreed! I've been listening to it nonstop since Tuesday.

PREG NET
Jan 3, 2005

m3talh3ad posted:

Awesome loving album.

I do think Roads is the better of the two instrumentals. Both are solid like you said though. Good stuff all around.

It's okay, but the whole thing is just like "i'm an athiest deal w/ it :smug:"

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
There's a horrible rumor going around that HORSE is breaking up. I really really hope it isn't true! :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

the Bunt posted:

There's a horrible rumor going around that HORSE is breaking up. I really really hope it isn't true! :ohdear:

they're probably doing it just to be jerks.

just like all the shows near me that they canceled so that I've only seen them once

I still want to die a little thinking about the Bear vs Shark, Curl Up and Die, HORSE show that got canceled a couple weeks before it happened. I only ended up seeing one of those bands and now they will all be gone :smith: