Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Nothing could be finer than eating in your diner!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!
"After he heckled Toby, she got so upset she ran out of the building and a street sweeper ran over her foot and severed her pinky-toe."
"That's unbelievable!"
"Yeah, then after the ambulance left, I found the toe. So, I put it in a Cracker Jack box, filled it with ice and took off for the hospital."
"You ran?"
"No, I jumped on the bus. I told the driver, 'I got a toe here buddy. Step on it!'"
"Holy cow!"
"Yeah yeah, then all of a sudden this guy pulls out a gun. Well, I knew any delay's gonna cost her her pinky-toe, so I got out of the seat and I started walking towards him. He says, 'Where do you think you're going, Cracker Jack?' I says, 'Well, I got a little prize for you, buddy.' Pwaa! Pwaa! Keeyah! Knocked him out cold!"
"How could you do that?"
"Yeah, then everybody is screaming because the driver, he's passed out because of all the commotion. The bus is out of control! So I grab him by the collar, I take him out of the seat, I get behind the wheel... Now I'm driving the bus!"
"You're Batman."
"Yeah, I am Batman. Then the mugger, he comes to and he starts choking me. So, I'm fighting him off with one hand and I kept driving the bus with the other. Then I managed to open up the door and I kicked him out the door with my foot at the next stop."
"You kept making all the stops?"
"Well, people kept ringing the bell!"
"What about the toe? What happened to the toe?"
"Well, I am happy to say that the little guy is back in place at the end of the line."
"You did all this for a pinky-toe?"
"Well, it's a valuable appendage."

The you're batman line always loving kills me. Such an amazing scene.

Brinstar Brew
Aug 8, 2007

Who's the guy in the Victorian diving apparatus?
That scene is one of my favourites, particularly for the batman line, and for Kramer's exaggerated mime of driving a bus, exclaiming "now I'm driving the bus"

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Alright, alright. Just let me finish my coffee... then we'll go watch them slice this fat bastard up.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kevyn posted:

Alright, alright. Just let me finish my coffee... then we'll go watch them slice this fat bastard up.

Based on Jerry's reaction, I'm convinced he ad-libbed the second half of that. I also think "It's like a sauna in here" might've been ad-libbed as well.

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

We have evolved beyond the need for posting.

Soiled Meat

Poque posted:

Based on Jerry's reaction, I'm convinced he ad-libbed the second half of that. I also think "It's like a sauna in here" might've been ad-libbed as well.

The fat bastard line was ad-libbed and it was a huge turning point for the show. People laughed at the line and Seinfeld and friends realized that they could be total jerks and people would still enjoy the show.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
^^^^ Hahahah

"No you're NOT out there, you can't be, cause I'm out there, and if I see you out there, there's not enough voltage in this world to electroshock me back into coherence"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

BrandNew posted:

The you're batman line always loving kills me. Such an amazing scene.

I love that line too, but Kramer's almost nonchalant,"Yeah, I am Batman," reply is the icing on the cake.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
"This guy...this is not my kinda guy"

If we're focusing on single lines that one has to be in my top 5

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

My favorite quote of the series isn't a single line, unfortunately. But I've said it before and I'll say it again!

"Mail on Sunday?"
"Oops!"

I wish I could have Jerry's attitude while he's delivering the mail for everything I do in my life.

penis sandwich
Aug 28, 2004

have some pudding :)

Tiny Fistpump posted:

I think mine is "And you want to be my latex salesman."

edit: Although "Sex... to SAVE the friendship." might be a very close second.

edit2: oh god there are too many: "My name is George. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents."

penis sandwich fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Aug 31, 2010

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Just wanna say to anyone who loves Seinfeld to a silly level, the DVDs have the great 'Notes About Nothing' features for every episode (basically subtitles of trivia throughout the whole episode, popup video style). My gf and I always turn NAN on when we watch the DVDs now and it really tells you a lot of interesting stuff, especially if you're a Curb fan also.

Makes watching old episodes all the more interesting. Can't recommend them enough and wish more movies/DVDs had something like that. They're very well done.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Electromax posted:

Just wanna say to anyone who loves Seinfeld to a silly level, the DVDs have the great 'Notes About Nothing' features for every episode (basically subtitles of trivia throughout the whole episode, popup video style). My gf and I always turn NAN on when we watch the DVDs now and it really tells you a lot of interesting stuff, especially if you're a Curb fan also.

Makes watching old episodes all the more interesting. Can't recommend them enough and wish more movies/DVDs had something like that. They're very well done.
Theres a shitload of them on Youtube, if you don't have the dvds.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

"Too many people go their mail! Close to 80%. No body from the post office has ever cracked the 50% barrier! It's like the 3-minute mile!"

One of my top five lines from one of my top five episodes. Infact, that entire exchange is one of my favorites, from The Andria Doria

quote:

JERRY: Hey, I've been trying to jam stuff in the box, like you told me, but sometimes it says, like, "Photographs - Do not bend".

NEWMAN: "Do not bend". (Laughs evilly) Just crease, crumple, cram.. you'll do fine. (Phone rings. Newman answers it) Hello?.. This is he. I don't understand.. very well. (Hangs up in disappointment)

JERRY: What?

NEWMAN: That was the Vice President of the post office. I didn't get the transfer.. They knew it wasn't me doing my route!

JERRY: How did they know?!

NEWMAN: (Stands up) Too many people go their mail! Close to 80%. No body from the post office has ever cracked the 50% barrier! It's like the 3-minute mile!

JERRY: (Pleading) I tried my best!

NEWMAN: Exactly. You're a disgrace to the uniform. (Newman takes off Jerry's mailman hat. Jerry turns his head in shame. Newman then tears the post office badge from Jerry's coat)

JERRY: You know, this is your coat.

NEWMAN: (Realizing) drat!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Tiny Fistpump posted:

Same here, I love it so much.

I think my least favourite line(or line delivery) is in "The Truth" when Jerry says "I would have killed this man. Torn him limb from limb, ripped the flesh right off his bones..."

It just always irks me.

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
Yeah, well I got a complaint; this cartoon stinks.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

safety dan posted:

Yeah, well I got a complaint; this cartoon stinks.

The pig says, "My wife is a slut?"

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
Now that's a complaint!

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
I've decided that The Diplomat's Club is probably my favorite episode of season 6. The way the pilot being in the audience inexplicably throws Jerry's performance, which ultimately leads to him being kicked off the plane, and the way that whole plot ties in with Elaine being suspected of poisoning Mr.Pitt is amazing. Plus the "george proving he isn't racist to Mr.Morgan" plot which is gold. Jerry's booking agent woman (aka Kitty) is the best though:

"We lost the road about half an hour ago"

"Why didn't you wake me up???"

"You told me not to bother you with minor details.."

"No road" is a MAJOR detail!!"

"Ok now I know. Should I keep going or turn around, do you have a preference?"

"LOOK OUT!!!"

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

My favorites come from The Jimmy.

"Jimmy can jump. Jimmy can dunk."
"Jimmy's gonna put the moooooves on Elaine."

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Hey look. Hank's got a new boyfriend. Jimmy's not threatened by Hank's sexuality... Jimmy's happy for Hank.

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
Just saw the one where Kramer turns his apartment into The Merv Griffin Show. I completely forgot that he did that, it's one of my favorite things that Kramer does.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Elaine got a new dress.
Jimmy likes it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Druggachusettes posted:

Just saw the one where Kramer turns his apartment into The Merv Griffin Show. I completely forgot that he did that, it's one of my favorite things that Kramer does.

The Jack Hannah cameo at the end was phenomenal.

"Where are the cameras?"

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Druggachusettes posted:

Eating the chips during the 'commercial break' is amazing.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

What? Two animal acts on the same show? What is this, amateur hour? Look, George, I'm sorry, but maybe another time, all right?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm thinking about going as Kramer for Halloween and I'm wondering what's the best non-wig way to duplicate his hair. My own hair's long enough but I don't know what I'd do to get it into that stringy frizzy look he has going on. Anyone got any ideas?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Okay, so you were violated by two people while you were under the gas. So what?

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm thinking about going as Kramer for Halloween and I'm wondering what's the best non-wig way to duplicate his hair. My own hair's long enough but I don't know what I'd do to get it into that stringy frizzy look he has going on. Anyone got any ideas?

Wet a paperclip and stick it in the socket outside of your friend's apartment.

Its no picnic, and you'll likely lose a nail.

octothorpopus
Jan 22, 2010

JUST KEEP PLAYING!!!
The Big Salad is playing, and I'm basically watching just for the eminent, "But NOOO! You had to have the BIIIIIG SAAAAALAAD!!!!"

The way he gestures just kills me.

EDIT: What are the odds that I just decide to check my feeds and see this?

octothorpopus fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Sep 1, 2010

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

..... Did you see what just happened here?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Martytoof posted:

Next thing you know, you're saying they should have their own schools!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Martytoof posted:

You're single.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

octothorpopus posted:

The Big Salad is playing, and I'm basically watching just for the eminent, "But NOOO! You had to have the BIIIIIG SAAAAALAAD!!!!"

The way he gestures just kills me.

TBS and my local Fox affilate show Seinfeld at 7:30. I had to choose between The Big Salad and The Merv Griffin Show. Life is hard.

I eventually chose The Big Salad since I've seen that one less.

octothorpopus
Jan 22, 2010

JUST KEEP PLAYING!!!

Fury1671 posted:

TBS and my local Fox affilate show Seinfeld at 7:30. I had to choose between The Big Salad and The Merv Griffin Show. Life is hard.

I eventually chose The Big Salad since I've seen that one less.

Not gonna lie, but I would've picked The Merv Griffin Show.

I just love the fact that they drug his girlfriend only to play with her toys.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

octothorpopus posted:

More wine?

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
TRYPTOPHAN

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

octothorpopus posted:

I remember that Mattel football game they reference, it was pretty fun (at the time).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
Back to base, Joe!