Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ff7cid
Jun 27, 2008

Beartato! I just became aware of the vast speed at which we are hurtling through the universe! Now it's all I can think about!
You know, we're living in a society!

didn't mean to start the new page...that's a shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

ELAINE: That's it? I don't need a shot?
DOCTER: Not shot, dog bite.
ELAINE: No, no, no. I know I wasn't shot. Do I need a shot?
DOCTER: Not shot, dog bite. Woof woof, not bang bang.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
She's foaming at the mouth!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I KNOW I don't want it! I don't NEED you to tell me what I don't want, you stupid HIPSTER DOOFUS!

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

Elaine: Will this hurt?
Doctor: Yes, very much.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
BOSCO!!!!!

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight
So when somebody has B.O., the O usually stays with the B. Once the B leaves, the O goes with it.

Valhalska
May 3, 2007

Please do not be alarmed, we are about to engage...
The Nozzle.
AND WE HAD A PACT!!

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
"Can't do it." - jiffypark/jiffydump supervisor who looks like a Mediterranean Jon Stewart.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
BAAD! STAY AWAY FROM THE CHICKEN! MESS YOU UP!

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
"I gotta go to the airport to pick up Elaine."

"What, she's been away??"

"She's been in Mexico for six weeks!"

"No, I really think you're wrong. We just went to the fireworks the other day."

"That was July 4th.."

:confused:

EDIT: Oh and I have another very important contribution:

Relayer fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Sep 1, 2010

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Tiny Fistpump posted:

TRYPTOPHAN

...I think.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tiny Fistpump posted:

"This guy...this is not my kinda guy"

If we're focusing on single lines that one has to be in my top 5

Easily my most quoted line from Seinfeld. His delivery is so perfect. He's so troubled by the whole thing. Elaine and Frank is always a hit.

Frank: I once talked to the reverend Yung Son Moon. He bought two Jesus statues from me. He's a hell of a nice guy.

Elaine: uh huh...

Frank: Ever see that face on him? Like a Biiig apple pie.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

hall n oates mom posted:

"Can't do it." - jiffypark/jiffydump supervisor who looks like a Mediterranean Jon Stewart.

"That's what I'd like to know about it"

I loving love that guy

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

George likes his chicken spicy.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Secks posted:

So when somebody has B.O., the O usually stays with the B. Once the B leaves, the O goes with it.

You see? You see what I'm saying to you? It's a presence! It's THE BEAST!

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
"Elaine you don't like the movie?"

"I HATE IT!!!!"

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

hall n oates mom posted:

Tiny Fistpump posted:

"That's what I'd like to know about it"

I loving love that guy

He's also a part of one of my favourite callback jokes.

To George: "Why don't you take it up with consumer affairs?"
(later episode)
Kramer, angrily getting back in the tour bus: "Maybe I WILL take it up with consumer affairs!!"

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
That storyline about Jerry drugging his girlfriend to play with her toys was probably one of the most daring and dark stories they did. Masturbation and abortion is one thing, but date rape was really pushing it.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Valhalska
May 3, 2007

Please do not be alarmed, we are about to engage...
The Nozzle.
We wanna look to the future, we gotta tear down the past. Babe Ruth was nothing more than a fat old man, with little-girl legs. And here's something I just found out recently. He wasn't really a sultan. Ah, what d'you make of that? Hey, check this out, Lou Gehrig's pants. Not a bad fit. (a thought occurs) Hey, you don't think that nerve disease of his was contagious, do you? Uh, I better take 'em off. I'm too important to this team. Big Stein can't be flopping and twitching.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.

"He looks like a Peanuts character!"

DMST
Jul 11, 2006
Our Man in Havana.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Dqoin0PiA

This has got to be one of the scenes that always gets a laugh out of me.

Newman DIED?!

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

DMST posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Dqoin0PiA

This has got to be one of the scenes that always gets a laugh out of me.

Newman DIED?!

We used to do that at my old job when someone didn't hear something that was said. We hired a new guy and a few weeks later we had that exchange and he actually believed Wayne Knight had died until we explained it to him.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
Elaine: A milk glass, a juice glass, any glass, just pick a glass!

Helen: Jerry doesn't wash these very well.

Elaine: Mrs. Seinfeld, pick a glass! Pick a glass, Mrs. Seinfeld!!!

This exchange had me laughing like an idiot last night, even though I have seen the episode 100 times.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

Ishamael posted:

This exchange had me laughing like an idiot last night, even though I have seen the episode 100 times.

This is pretty much every episode for me. I can watch every episode again and again forever and still laugh like it was the first time seeing it.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
"So where is it?"
"What?"
"The card. Is this it? In the trash?"
"...No."

Electromax
May 6, 2007
"I found out from Paula, she likes George. I bet he'll be relieved."

"Eh. When he's dead he'll be relieved."

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
One of the best aspects of this show is how much Jerry basically encourages Georges behavior and eggs him on, and then in the next sentence he'll insult him.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

You know Darren, if you would have told me twenty-five years ago that some day I'd be standing here about to solve the world's energy problems, I would've said you're crazy... Now let's push this giant ball of oil out the window.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Why did Jerry ever start calling George "Biff"? And when did it stop?

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Evil Agita posted:

Why did Jerry ever start calling George "Biff"? And when did it stop?

He started comparing him to Biff Loman (from "Death of a Salesman") in 3x13, "The Subway." George was heading to a job interview and:

Jerry: Remember, don't whistle on the elevator.
George: Why not?
Jerry: That's what Willy Loman told Biff before his interview in Death of a Salesman.
George: What, you are comparing me to Biff Loman? Very encouraging: the biggest loser in history of American literature.

I don't think it ever stopped, did it?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Cage posted:

One of the best aspects of this show is how much Jerry basically encourages Georges behavior and eggs him on, and then in the next sentence he'll insult him.

I think Jerry has a certain respect and even envy for George. Jerry forces himself into discipline, but a lot of classic moments show how much smarter and cunning George really is. George instantly picks up on bullshit and calls everyone on it - Jerry sits there and conforms to society. If Poppy had peed on George's couch, would he have left that apartment in one piece?

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account
So Biff wants to be buff!:smug:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Supreme Allah posted:

I think Jerry has a certain respect and even envy for George. Jerry forces himself into discipline, but a lot of classic moments show how much smarter and cunning George really is. George instantly picks up on bullshit and calls everyone on it - Jerry sits there and conforms to society. If Poppy had peed on George's couch, would he have left that apartment in one piece?

That leads to a great dynamic on the last season of Curb Your Enthusiasm where Jerry is the one person in the world who agrees with Larry's righteous codes of societal honor, but has just enough social savvy to get away with it or get Larry to do the dirty work of throwing down his meaningless gauntlets. Having said that, there's no way George is more cunning than Jerry.

The more I watch the show, the more underrated Jerry is of all of the leads and I think his relative lack of acting ability helps that-- the fact that no matter what horrible thing he's about to do or coerced George into doing, the fact that Seinfeld is always just about to crack up makes everything funnier. Imagine how dark Seinfeld would be if Jerry actually seemed bothered by things.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

You know Darren, if you would have told me twenty-five years ago that some day I'd be standing here about to solve the world's energy problems, I would've said you're crazy... Now let's push this giant ball of oil out the window.

"Yeah, I put a six hour tape in. That should cover the experiment, the arrest, and most of your trial. Alright, I’ll see ya."

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Everything evens out for Jerry

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Tiny Fistpump posted:

Everything evens out for Jerry

Even. Steven.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

R.D. Mangles posted:

That leads to a great dynamic on the last season of Curb Your Enthusiasm where Jerry is the one person in the world who agrees with Larry's righteous codes of societal honor, but has just enough social savvy to get away with it or get Larry to do the dirty work of throwing down his meaningless gauntlets. Having said that, there's no way George is more cunning than Jerry.

The more I watch the show, the more underrated Jerry is of all of the leads and I think his relative lack of acting ability helps that-- the fact that no matter what horrible thing he's about to do or coerced George into doing, the fact that Seinfeld is always just about to crack up makes everything funnier. Imagine how dark Seinfeld would be if Jerry actually seemed bothered by things.

Acknowledging the fact that Jerry maintains control of 99 percent of situations, when George randomly walks into a scene and just effortlessly goes 'Hi I'm George', extends his hand, and Jerry's girlfriend (who's name he forgot, and who he just begged Kramer to try to extort) fails to give her name, and before Jerry can say anything George apologizes insencerely with 'Sorry, I tried'.. that scene to me epitomized that Jerry needs the illusion of superiority, but George not only sees that illusion, he gives not the slightest gently caress about it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

R.D. Mangles posted:

I love Jerry when he's playing the cunning trickster, egging George on or sitting back and watching things unfold. It plays to Seinfeld's strengths because he really just has to enjoy the others' misfortunate and being a second away from cracking up just adds to that. That's why his repeated "That's a shame" is one of my favourite lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

Tiny Fistpump posted:

"This guy...this is not my kinda guy"

If we're focusing on single lines that one has to be in my top 5

Don't think I've seen a youtube of that posted yet. It really is one of the top 5 lines ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inANd0iiY-s#t=2m43s