Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

NeilPerry posted:

I'm really getting into Snowing and Midwest Pen Pals. Anyone got any other recommendations?

Native, Empire Empire (I Was A Lonely Estate), Hightide Hotel, Malegoat, 1994, My Heart To Joy, Castevet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

quick question, how do filez rules apply concerning digital copies of 70's and 80's bootlegs and live recordings? I happen to have stumbled across/ been informed of a bunch of live recordings and such (about 260 of em) of The Clash, mostly live shows, that are all on megaupload, and would love to share them, provided that its acceptable.

I would LOVE to hear these.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq9difvGbx0

New video for Have Nots - Used to Be. Pretty rad

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
http://temporaryresidence.com/mp3s/envy-a-breath-clad-in-happiness.mp3

New Envy song. I like it but am I the only one who thinks the drumming sounds lazy when he starts yelling?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
That song is so upbeat...I don't know what to think :psyduck:

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Nonsense is better than no sense at all
Well that's different. I'm curious as to what the whole atmosphere of the album is going to be.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

When is the album due?

TheBlackMallard
Apr 24, 2005

"Maybe this whole internet idea wasn't a good idea."
-Tom Green (June 18th 2006, 3:52AM EST)
forgetters have a Michigan date :holy:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

A5H posted:

When is the album due?

October 12

Possym
Oct 5, 2002
no pants? no problem!

NeilPerry posted:

I'm really getting into Snowing and Midwest Pen Pals. Anyone got any other recommendations?

you'd probably like Algernon Cadwallader and Monument. they played an awesome house show together at this years macrock. here's a video i shot of algernon playing. it was insanity, the floor felt like it was going to collapse.

speaking of Monument, i'm in a hardcore diy band with three of the members called Shat Shorts. we've got a tape coming out this week and we've started work on a split 7".

Possym fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Sep 4, 2010

El Jorge
Feb 26, 2006

A spiritus dominatus,
Domine, libra nos,
From the lighting and the tempest,
Our Emperor, deliver us.

A morte perpetua,
Domine, libra nos.
Any of you dudes hitting up the Cropped Out festival in Lousiville?

Angrybarrel
Sep 19, 2009
Anyone want to throw me some punk bands with a female singer that aren't x, soviettes, joan jett, tat, or distillers

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Angrybarrel posted:

Anyone want to throw me some punk bands with a female singer that aren't x, soviettes, joan jett, tat, or distillers

Discount and This Is My Fist are a couple of my favorites.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Hiretsukan. Although that's more hardcore than punk.

El Jorge
Feb 26, 2006

A spiritus dominatus,
Domine, libra nos,
From the lighting and the tempest,
Our Emperor, deliver us.

A morte perpetua,
Domine, libra nos.
Punch make some pretty rad hardcore.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Ok so I've just heard the third leaked track from the new Envy album, and it's like they went from hardcore to post-rock to pop-punk. :psyduck:

TheBlackMallard
Apr 24, 2005

"Maybe this whole internet idea wasn't a good idea."
-Tom Green (June 18th 2006, 3:52AM EST)

Angrybarrel posted:

The Measure [SA], Gateway District :v:

Killer Low Life
Sep 6, 2010

Daily Life posted:

Disorder cancelled. Bog People may still tour I heard? Who knows.

Yep. I'm pissed on that one. I poo poo you not I was going to fill in on guitar for Nick for the tour too. Spent some time in the UK with them and the last year or so learning 40+ songs from six albums. Less than two weeks before we were going to take off Taf finally decides to tell us he had some prior run-ins with the law that barred him entry into the country. Its not really cancelled just postponed til early next year... He just has to apply for a visa which takes about 90 days and I have a contact in the INS that confirmed he can make it in. Taf is a cool dude but really tough to work with and not very reliable. I feel for Bog People too they got their van fixed up and everything for that...

So yeah sorry for getting your hopes up. I have been trying for two and a half years to get them to tour here and there always seems to be some major catastrophe that ruins it every time. Seems like the planets themselves need to align before we can get them in successfully. The bright side is that my bandmate is repressing 3 of their albums on vinyl (with permission of course). The Perdition test pressing came back from the plant a few weeks back and it sounds legit. Should be out fairly soon.

Killer Low Life fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Sep 6, 2010

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Angrybarrel posted:

Social Concern. all-female, actually

also, still have that link to the Clash recordings, if a Mod could give me a thumbs up to post it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

Social Concern. all-female, actually

also, still have that link to the Clash recordings, if a Mod could give me a thumbs up to post it.

Shoot me an IM, it's in my profile

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO

Inspector_71 posted:

Ok so I've just heard the third leaked track from the new Envy album, and it's like they went from hardcore to post-rock to pop-punk. :psyduck:

I think this is the one I was talking about earlier in the thread.

Angrybarrel posted:

I Object!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

I think this is the one I was talking about earlier in the thread.

Ah, you made that post right as I had gotten "0 and 1" which is very unlike the other 2 tracks I've heard from the album. "Dreams Coming To An End" is the most recent one I made that post about.

Angiepants
May 8, 2008

Angrybarrel posted:

One Reason One Reason One Reason One Reason One Reason One Reason One Reason One Reason

iron chic
Jul 1, 2010

Angrybarrel posted:

Lemuria, RVIVR, Songs For Moms, New Creases

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Dickeye posted:

Shoot me an IM, it's in my profile

unfortunately, I don't have plat or any IM services. if you want the link, I can e-mail it to you though.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

Angiepants posted:

One Reason One Reason One Reason One Reason One Reason One Reason One Reason One Reason

Yup. And seconding Lemuria. But especially One Reason. Also, Good Luck.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO

Inspector_71 posted:

Ah, you made that post right as I had gotten "0 and 1" which is very unlike the other 2 tracks I've heard from the album. "Dreams Coming To An End" is the most recent one I made that post about.

That is definitely the song I was talking about. I didnt know the name because someone posted it on facebook.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

unfortunately, I don't have plat or any IM services. if you want the link, I can e-mail it to you though.

Please do

pizzapocketparty
Nov 27, 2005
CHOMP

Vegastar posted:

Discount and This Is My Fist are a couple of my favorites.

Seconding This Is My Fist.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Angrybarrel posted:

I've been huge into Glasses lately. They've only put out one two song ep and 3 songs on a split with Comadre, but all five songs are loving incredible and you can find them all for free (legally) online.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Dickeye posted:

Please do

need an address for that sort of tomfoolery

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

need an address for that sort of tomfoolery

It should be in my profile? If not, my AIM handle at gmail dot com

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Nonsense is better than no sense at all

Angrybarrel posted:

I still love the Profits (they split male/female vocals)

punxnbutter fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Sep 8, 2010

fastpork
Jul 16, 2008
I should probably use his thread more, as I am loving more types of punk/hardcore to this day (barring most pop-punk).

Anyway, anyone hear any news of a new Young Widows album? It's been two years and I've heard Old Wounds way too much.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

1905 owns if you don't mind a bit of yelling in your boy/girl-fronted punk bands. They also have a pretty sweet split with Amanda Woodward (not a female-fronted band though).

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
We were supposed to play with Brutal Knights on Friday but they have broken up. lovely news. They were a great band, especially live.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

Parachute Underwear posted:

1905 owns if you don't mind a bit of yelling in your boy/girl-fronted punk bands. They also have a pretty sweet split with Amanda Woodward (not a female-fronted band though).

Then you might as well recommend I Would Set Myself on Fire For You as well.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

NeilPerry posted:

Then you jump to Circle Takes The Square.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

Inspector_71 posted:

Then you jump to Circle Takes The Square.

Then Battle of Wolf 359

e: Or The Assistant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

NeilPerry posted:

I was going to but he said punk so v:shobon:v Not that it really matters, they and CTTS are really awesome.