Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Martytoof posted:

They actually talked about how they dressed Elaine more conservatively than other shows, but I'll be damned if I can remember which extra it was.

I always figured that it was both to subvert the idea that all female comedy actresses had to be hot to get audience approval, and also because if she was hot then the audience would gloss over what a terrible person she was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
They also gave George tighter-fitting clothes to make him look more uptight, and gave Kramer looser clothes to achieve the opposite effect, iirc.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJRs8aKrjOA

There. For you Elaine lovers out there.

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

Kevyn posted:

I'm not sure, and correct me if I'm wrong but I think I see ... a nipple.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

Kramer: I just took a bath, Jerry. A bath!

Jerry: No good?

Kramer: It's disgusting. I'm sitting there in a tepid pool of my own filth. All kinds of microscopic parasites and organisms having sex all around me.

ELAINE (to Jerry): Do you go in the shower?

JERRY: No, never.

ELAINE (to Kramer): Do you?

KRAMER: I take baths.

:confused:

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006
It's Kramer, nothing he does has to make sense. It's totally in his character to randomly be really into something(like smoking).

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Kevyn posted:

I might actually have to watch this show. Didn't it just get cancelled too?

Metajo Cum Dumpster
Mar 20, 2005

coolhockey
May 3, 2005

let's party like it's 1994

Martytoof posted:

I might actually have to watch this show. Didn't it just get cancelled too?

The first few episodes are terrible, for what it's worth. I couldn't really get past them.

Mr. Fahrenheit
Feb 9, 2007

by T. Finn

LE0N posted:

Just saw this and its probably been posted before, but goddamn its so funny.

i just like conan's exaggerated jerry seinfeld.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS_oc_zlt48

Thats like Bob Dylan doing Seinfeld.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
"So who's that friend of yours, that guy who came in?"

"Oh, Kramer."

"Yeah, does he have a girlfriend?"

"..You wanna go out with him?"

"Why not?"

"It's just that, ya know, I uhh.."

"Well is there anything wrong with him?? ... Elaine??"

"I'm just thinking about the question..."

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

bobservo posted:

Speaking of which, am I the only Seinfeld fan who's bored by Curb Your Enthusiasm? I've tried to get into it multiple times, but it just seems way too contrived -- and, strange as this may sound, Larry's problems don't seem all that pressing when he's got hundreds of millions of dollars.

I felt that way as well, I had watched several episodes from various seasons of Curb and just didn't feel like it was a pimple on the rear end of Seinfeld. Didn't really think it was funny or paced well. Finally (once I heard the Seinfeld cast were reprising their roles for Season 7) I got the Season 1 set, the wife and I sat down and started watching them one a night. After a week we were hooked, and promptly marathoned the entire series. Now it's right up there with Seinfeld as my favorite comedy series.

For whatever reason it's the kind of show you can't just catch an episode of here and there and really enjoy. I would actually say it's less contrived than Seinfeld was, and despite the fact Larry is a gazillionaire with a "wife" far too hot for him, he's kinda sympathetic when you really get into the series. I root for him far more than I ever did George. In some ways there series isn't so much about HIS problems as it is with the problems of EVERYONE ELSE. If the world were devoid of other people, he'd be perfectly happy.

Also, thanks a ton to the goon who posted about Wale's Seinfeld-influenced CDs. Picked them both up and they're incredible.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Mr. Fahrenheit posted:

Thats like Bob Dylan doing Seinfeld.

What is the deeeeal
What is the deeeeal
With bein' on your own

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

I'm just going to post this here.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Duckula posted:

I...wha....huh?! :psyduck:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

I...wha....huh?! :psyduck:

Looks like someone got "Newman's Starvation" in a captcha and wrote a comic around it.

octothorpopus
Jan 22, 2010

JUST KEEP PLAYING!!!

wa27 posted:

Looks like someone got "Newman's Starvation" in a captcha and wrote a comic around it.

Exactly. Here's the site in case anyone else is interested: http://captchart.tumblr.com/

I think I posted one a few days ago.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

octothorpopus posted:

Exactly. Here's the site in case anyone else is interested: http://captchart.tumblr.com/

And the thread where the idea originated: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3140362

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Every once in a while I remember that a major motion picture featured Jason Alexander beating and trying to rape Julia Roberts.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Duckula posted:

Slendernewman :gonk:

Metajo Cum Dumpster
Mar 20, 2005
I can't believe I never heard this before, it's my new favorite George remark;

From the Parking Garage episode

Jerry: You should always bring a pad and a pen.
George: I can't carry a pen...I'm afraid I'll puncture my scrotum!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Tender Bender posted:

Every once in a while I remember that a major motion picture featured Jason Alexander beating and trying to rape Julia Roberts.

Ahhh, you caught part of Pretty Woman on USA today too, huh?

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.

Duckula posted:

It was them who did this

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tender Bender posted:

Puts a whole new :gonk: twist on,"I could never be with a prostitute when with just a little effort I can have sex for free."

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

But this thread isn't the ASSMAN!

Chicken Boo
Mar 20, 2009

I wear a disguise to look like human guys.

DrBouvenstein posted:

But this thread isn't the ASSMAN!

Well, as far as the state of New York is concerned, it is.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

DrBouvenstein posted:

Ahhh, you caught part of Pretty Woman on USA today too, huh?

I may or may not have watched the whole drat thing.

octothorpopus
Jan 22, 2010

JUST KEEP PLAYING!!!
If I ever want vanity plates, I will have to heavily consider ASSMAN.

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Big bills on the outside.

That's a five.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chicken Boo posted:

Well, as far as the state of New York is concerned, it is.

I love that purely because his license plate now says assman, he starts dating and being attracted to girls with big asses.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I love that purely because his license plate now says assman, he starts dating and being attracted to girls with big asses.

That's because he was the assman all along, he just didn't know it. It's very Twilight Zone.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

neoboman posted:

That's because he was the assman all along, he just didn't know it. It's very Twilight Zone.

He's single, thin and neat, you know.

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

He just put the kibosh on me, do you know what the kibosh means, it's a kibosh!
I just watched The Contest again, and it contains one of the few things I dislike about the entire series. Nothing peeves me more than when it's obvious that someone didn't do their research, and portraying Tiny Toon Adventures as an educational PBS-type show for toddlers with Jerry singing the Wheels on the Bus irks me big time. And I never even liked Tiny Toons.

Conversely, having off-the-wall action sound-effects during George's viewing of Home Alone cracks me up every time. Ah well.

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

Jerusalem posted:

He's single, thin and neat, you know.

So are you.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Capt. Sticl posted:

So are you.

*stumbles backwards in alarm*

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

'Doze the homes
Block the sea

Jerusalem posted:

*stumbles backwards in alarm*

Okay, well, we'll see you later.

He's the phone man!

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

HateTheInternet posted:

Conversely, having off-the-wall action sound-effects during George's viewing of Home Alone cracks me up every time. Ah well.
Always loved that detail because I projected it as taking the piss out of big, stupid hollywood blockbusters and simultaneously belittling George's taste in entertainment.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
So now the big question - What is "THE MOVE"?

Is the move some kind of cunnilingus move, or is it a full blown sex move? My evidence for cunnilingus was that they're always moving around under the covers when they do it, but I now know that that's just tv-shorthand for sex. My other evidence was that I couldn't think of what "the swirl" could refer to, except for something to be done with the tongue. But if that's the case, then what's "the pinch"? :gonk:

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

'Doze the homes
Block the sea

OldSenileGuy posted:

So now the big question - What is "THE MOVE"?

Is the move some kind of cunnilingus move, or is it a full blown sex move? My evidence for cunnilingus was that they're always moving around under the covers when they do it, but I now know that that's just tv-shorthand for sex. My other evidence was that I couldn't think of what "the swirl" could refer to, except for something to be done with the tongue. But if that's the case, then what's "the pinch"? :gonk:

There's no question it refers to oral sex. The pinch must be about the clit, explaining why Elaine strongly prefers the swirl (both clockwise and counter-clockwise).
Edit: "Did that move involve a knuckle in any way?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

hall n oates mom posted:

Always loved that detail because I projected it as taking the piss out of big, stupid hollywood blockbusters and simultaneously belittling George's taste in entertainment.

-- You don't like the movie?

-- I HATE IT!!