Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I'd like to think that it's Sean Locke, just because he is always a tedious arse on QI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spikenigma
Nov 13, 2005

by Ralp
When is the rumoured next series of Red Dwarf on?

Also for no particular reason I'll just say that QI and Argumental are the most unfunny things on British TV - and I like Stephen Fry:colbert:.

They seem to be a flimsy attempt at trying to reproduce the chemistry of Have I got news for you, Mock the Week and Buzzcocks.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
QI isn't just about being funny though, it's often not very funny but obviously makes up for it by being very interesting.

Anyway, they're both far from being the unfunniest things on TV. Ever watched Miranda?

FelixMeOneMoreTime
May 11, 2010

Paperhouse posted:

QI isn't just about being funny though, it's often not very funny but obviously makes up for it by being very interesting.

Anyway, they're both far from being the unfunniest things on TV. Ever watched Miranda?

Miranda is back for a second series in October. It got about 3 million viewers a night in its original run. I watched every episode and every repeat, trying to find why it was so popular. I can't see how any human could like it, it's like a dated 1970s lovely sitcom.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

spikenigma posted:

Also for no particular reason I'll just say that QI and Argumental are the most unfunny things on British TV - and I like Stephen Fry:colbert:.
I think im with you on Argumental but QI amuses me endlessly, I just love Stephen (like everyone else) and the running joke with the goofy twat with the gay perm still amuses me somehow.

And it manages to be informative.

Its sort of like reading a decent D&D thread.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

spikenigma posted:

When is the rumoured next series of Red Dwarf on?

You've got to be loving joking. Please?

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

FelixMeOneMoreTime posted:

Miranda is back for a second series in October. It got about 3 million viewers a night in its original run. I watched every episode and every repeat, trying to find why it was so popular. I can't see how any human could like it, it's like a dated 1970s lovely sitcom.

It's honest and unchallenging. Miranda Hart is charming as gently caress. The dated style from simpler times appeals to older viewers (see also: The IT Crowd).

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug

Cerv posted:

I'm sorry.

I'm so so sorry.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Cerv posted:

B-but the come back special was poo poo. Please tell me they got enough views to continue making Red Dwarf worse!?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Remember when Eastender and Coronation Street were only on once or twice a week. Those were the days.

I wonder how many years it will be before they're hour long episodes on daily resulting in a 5 hour marathon of them on a Sunday. :suicide:

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine
Did anybody watch Winnebago Man on BBC 4? It's surpirisingly good for a documentary based on on a Youtube video.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
What did everybody think of This Is England 86, then? I thought it was about on a par with the movie, and I'm fairly sure it's gonna get much more intense as more episodes come out.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

The Perfect Element posted:

What did everybody think of This Is England 86, then? I thought it was about on a par with the movie, and I'm fairly sure it's gonna get much more intense as more episodes come out.
I enjoyed it a lot. Hard to compare to the film because I've not seen it for ages and also, it seems different in some way. But yeah I'm sure things will get more interesting as it progresses.

Nice to see Chris from Skins getting good work as well, always thought he was the best actor in his 2 series

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.

cloudchamber posted:

Did anybody watch Winnebago Man on BBC 4? It's surpirisingly good for a documentary based on on a Youtube video.

I had no idea it was on but it's up on the iPlayer, so thanks for the heads up!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Kin posted:

Remember when Eastender and Coronation Street were only on once or twice a week. Those were the days.

I wonder how many years it will be before they're hour long episodes on daily resulting in a 5 hour marathon of them on a Sunday. :suicide:

24/7 Peggy screaming

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Man, the thread title made me hopeful a blight had been removed from humanity.

You bastards.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Hi, I've come to apply for the doctor's job. I can assure you my credentials are top-notch, I've just graduated from Harvard College Yale. I aced every semester, and I got an 'A'.

Ratjaculation posted:

24/7 Peggy screaming

I cannot WAIT until that old bitch leaves Albert Square. I'll have a party and not invite any short people.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

I rarely watch eastenders but I have been enjoying the Phil on crack storyline just because it makes the other plots seem like small potatoes, which they are. And the only likeable character is Patrick who hasn't been in it for a while, sheesh.

They'll probably kill off Peggy by the end of this year. I wouldn't be surprised if Dot leaves as well as she looks like a five hundred year old wizard.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

justcola posted:

I rarely watch eastenders but I have been enjoying the Phil on crack storyline just because it makes the other plots seem like small potatoes, which they are. And the only likeable character is Patrick who hasn't been in it for a while, sheesh.

They'll probably kill off Peggy by the end of this year. I wouldn't be surprised if Dot leaves as well as she looks like a five hundred year old wizard.

Peggy's meant to be leaving in a ball of flames in a week or 2, although I'd expect she gets the Dirty Den daffodils-on-the-ground treatment to leave it open.

Last week at the BBC I posed alongside the actual bust from the Queen Vic, and they gave me a badge that says I Heart Peggy :3:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

cloudchamber posted:

It was excellent, I'm glad it came to a lovely end too. I was hoping the people who were going to watch the video weren't fat spergy neckbeards and thankfully a majority weren't.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I think Peggy is leaving Eastenders on Thursday. Since Phil has been on crack Eastenders has improved greatly.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

The first part of This is England '86 was brilliant. Funny and touching at the same time.

Who's the guy who played the bully ordering Shaun to insult that girl? Because I thought he was fantastic.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Dell_Zincht posted:

The first part of This is England '86 was brilliant. Funny and touching at the same time.

Who's the guy who played the bully ordering Shaun to insult that girl? Because I thought he was fantastic.
No idea but yeah, he was really funny. And like I said, his mate was Chris from Skins, would like to see him get a few more lines.

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!
Tonight at 10:00 on C4, Derren Brown does something presumably mindbogglingly inexplicable in an aeroplane.

You'll all be *glued to your seats*

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

The voice of that guy in '86 was hilarious. He was like Peter Serafinowicz in Spaced. "I'm not a monster, Shaun."

And Shaun should really know that you shouldn't run with a head wound. Silly boy.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Hi, I've come to apply for the doctor's job. I can assure you my credentials are top-notch, I've just graduated from Harvard College Yale. I aced every semester, and I got an 'A'.

Gram-O-Phone posted:

Tonight at 10:00 on C4, Derren Brown does something presumably mindbogglingly inexplicable in an aeroplane.

You'll all be *glued to your seats*

Fantastic!

The best thing about Derren Brown's shows are the extraordinary build up and the"what the fucks going to happen tonight" factor. He is such a great showman.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
Ha ha ha! I see that the Americans have signed Piers Morgan to replace Larry King

At least that might mean that we see less of the talentless, paedophile-faced twat on our screens now.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

And Anglo-American relations taking a minor plunge is the only result for us.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Brainwrong posted:

Ha ha ha! I see that the Americans have signed Piers Morgan to replace Larry King

Oh loving drat it.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.

Brainwrong posted:

At least that might mean that we see less of the talentless, paedophile-faced twat on our screens now.

:psyduck: uh good for them I guess. maybe he'll leave my country permanently. I hope so.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I bet Americans probably like him, they think he's a nice English chap what's on the telly and that's it. Little do they know... :negative:

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I was under the impression that Larry King was a highly intelligent individual as well as a hard hitting to the point kind of interviewer?

Isn't Piers Morgan just an ignorant prick?

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

It's sad but I'm sure a lot of a Americans hear a well preserved English accent and unconsciously credit the guy with +50 I.Q points, charisma, style and wit. Piers is a wanker, why else would they care what he thought.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

I hate to say things like "remember, this is America we're talking about". But, um, remember, this is America we're talking about.

Besides, it also puts him squarely in the sights of Jon & John on the Daily Show, and I've been waiting patiently for him to get a proper kicking from that quarter ever since he first showed signs of starting to catch on over there.

Algol Star
Sep 6, 2010

To be fair, if you didn't know any of the background of Piers Morgan you'd probably think he was just the standard smarmy / arsey TV face. I remember thinking he seemed alright when I was in the blissful naivety of being a teenager before I started to actually come across stories of what a oval office he is.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!
What the gently caress? Private Eye told me that was probably just a rumour planted to help Piers replace one of the smaller presenters on CNN :psyduck:

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!
Why on Earth would anyone in their right mind want to sign Piers Morgan for anything (other than toiling in a foundry somewhere or as a practice dummy for a knife thrower)?

If there was any justice in the world that nasty smug two-faced lying sack of poo poo would have disappeared from public sight when he left The Mirror.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

Gram-O-Phone posted:

If there was any justice in the world that nasty smug two-faced lying sack of poo poo would have disappeared from public sight when he was sacked from the Mirror for publishing fake pictures of British soldiers abusing Iraqis.

Why the gently caress does he keep getting work?! Are the public really that loving dense?

He must have a lot of dirt on people, it's the only explanation.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
The worst thing is that the Larry King goes out to over 200 countries. Piers Morgan in over 200 loving countries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
Thing is Piers Morgan actually beat a famous cowboy country singer on the American Celebrity Apprentice.

Doesn't excuse it, but I can see why shows would book him.