Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Watching the last season of Heroes now and dear god has it gotten bad. :ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Kekekela posted:

Watching the last season of Heroes now and dear god has it gotten bad. :ughh:

Even T-Bag couldn't save it.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

tuckfard posted:

Just finished season one of How I met your Mother. Loved it, wish I had gotten on this earlier.

It stays pretty consistently good throughout, although at this point people are pretty split on whether or not they should just introduce the mother already, title non-withstanding.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

I just started The Wire. How many loving times can motherfuckers say gently caress in one loving episode? Every loving other loving word is loving gently caress. What the gently caress? Honest-loving-ly.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Yates posted:

I just started The Wire. How many loving times can motherfuckers say gently caress in one loving episode? Every loving other loving word is loving gently caress. What the gently caress? Honest-loving-ly.

Have you seen the part where McNulty and Bunk are working out the details of a shooting yet? Because I believe that scene answers your question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQbsnSVM1zM

Spoiler, obviously, and also :nws: for corpse boobs.

Trig Discipline fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 8, 2010

Magna
Sep 3, 2007
Add me to the binging through 'The Wire' bandwagon. Almost done with season 3.

Captain Kickass
Jan 12, 2007

by angerbeet
I just finished Season 3 of Oz today.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Yates posted:

I just started The Wire. How many loving times can motherfuckers say gently caress in one loving episode?

Approximately as often as "cocksucker" was used on Deadwood.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

A Violence Gang posted:

Approximately as often as "cocksucker" was used on Deadwood.

I am pretty sure that during Al Swearengen's "blow job monologues" he said gently caress more then an entire episode of The wire.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

IF YOU ARE READING THIS IN AN NBA THREAD, LOOK TO YOUR RIGHT TO SEE MY EXPLETIVE RIDDEN, NONSENSICAL POST OF UTTER BULLSHIT
- Finished the first season of True Blood and about to start the second one
- About to finish Season 1 of Mad Men (yeah, a late bloomer)
- About to start the second season of Breaking Bad after I'm done with Mad Men's first season
- Finished the first two seasons of Sons of Anarchy just before the third season started
- Finished first season of Spartacus:Blood and Sand
- Gonna re-run Dexter from the first season because my wife wants to see as well
- If I can find more time, I'll binge through Deadwood and The Wire as well.

So many good shows to watch, so little time.

ChirpChirpCheep
Apr 22, 2008
The Venture Brothers. Holy god why did it take me so long to watch this show?

MondoMedicale
Oct 21, 2008
Finished The Shield the other night. Goddamn, what a great show. I kind of knew the ending before I saw it, but that didn't make it any less powerful. I definitely plan to do a re-watch with commentary in the coming weeks.

Also making my way through 30 Rock, season 2 is in the mail.

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

Sure, I got a secret. More than one...
wait people didn't like season 4 of weeds?

I'm just about to start season 5 :(

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Demented Guy posted:

So many good shows to watch, so little time.

God how I envy you. After having had Netflix for a couple of years now its like I've caught up on every good TV series from the past decade.

Fermata Forever
Feb 3, 2005
Child prostitution isn't so bad if the child is okay with it, guys
I've been sorta binging through The IT Crowd, a British absurdist comedy about the IT department at a random company. The jokes started off on the lame side, but they really found their voice in the 2nd and 3rd season; in this case, wackier and more surreal = better. Since it's the UK, each season is only 6 eps long, so you could probably watch the whole bloody series in one go.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

A bit of Fry and Laurie. This show is so awesome. As i just finished Jeeves and Wooster, I have come to the obvious conclusion that anything with Fry or Laurie is awesome. Love the sketch where he is able to diagnose someone as insane due to the fact they write letters to the Daily Mail and Sun.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
4/7th of the way through The Sopranos, and holy poo poo.

People were warning me that season 4 was the worst, but Whitecaps might be the best episode I've seen so far.

Shark Accident
Sep 9, 2010
I watched season 2 and 3 of The IT Crowd on Monday.

Now maybe I'll finish Dexter?

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

Sure, I got a secret. More than one...

Shark Accident posted:

Now maybe I'll finish Dexter?

wait until the next season starts, because you won't want to stop after the season 4 finale.

Viewers Like Me
Nov 4, 2004

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
I recently binged on Lie to Me and Being Human. I love Being Human a lot and I've caught up to the current season. Lie to Me is good but not great, the cases are pretty formulaic. The Tim Roth's character is the only good reason to really watch the show. I've also been watching Criminal Minds, so cliche, but it does have some good actors in it. I never imagined I'd see the guy from Dhrama and Greg be a dark FBI agent. The thing with these shows are the crimes feel kinda whitewashed for middle America, not a lot shown only hinted at. And of course there's the conventional FBI guys have a show down with the mad serial killer.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
This summer i've managed to watch the entirety of How I met your Mother, Chuck, and Arrested Development.

So glad new seasons of HIMYM and Chuck are starting soon, PLUS Dexter season 5 is going to be amazing.

Also holding out hope that they actually get their act together and this Arrested Development film gets made, seriously one of the funniest shows i've ever seen.

Shark Accident
Sep 9, 2010
Oh man, this summer.

This summer I watched all of:
Arrested Developement
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Angel (first two seasons)
Breaking Bad (first two seasons)
Dexter (3 1/2 seasons)
new Doctor Who seasons
Torchwood

So much Netflix instant queue.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Shark Accident posted:

Oh man, this summer.

This summer I watched all of:
Arrested Developement
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Angel (first two seasons)
Breaking Bad (first two seasons)
Dexter (3 1/2 seasons)
new Doctor Who seasons
Torchwood

So much Netflix instant queue.

What did you end up thinking of Buffy, Angel (so far), and Arrested Development?

Those are some of my favorite shows, so I'm curious.

Shark Accident
Sep 9, 2010
I'd already seen about half of Buffy, but I enjoyed watching it again. I watched it an Angel with my boyfriend because I suggested it and he likes Joss Whedon. We stopped watching Angel because it wasn't as fun to watch as Buffy, but I'll probably finish it at some point.

Arrested Development was great, I would have watched it even if I wasn't being forced into it by my boyfriend.

FutureBoy
Jan 18, 2003

"Listen, no offense, but if I'm getting taken down, man, it ain't gonna be from fuckin' Speedball!"
Oh man, I've been going nuts with the TV lately. I've been revisiting some old favorites:
Leverage
Daria
Parker Lewis Can't Lose
QI
Psych
Corner Gas

And discovering some amazing new shows:
Jeeves and Wooster
Haven (less than great but hey, whatever)
White Collar
Louie
Celebrity Poker Showdown

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

FutureBoy posted:

Oh man, I've been going nuts with the TV lately. I've been revisiting some old favorites:
Leverage
Daria
Parker Lewis Can't Lose
QI
Psych
Corner Gas

And discovering some amazing new shows:
Jeeves and Wooster
Haven (less than great but hey, whatever)
White Collar
Louie
Celebrity Poker Showdown

If you like Jeeves and Wooster I highly suggest A Bit of Fry and Laurie.

FutureBoy
Jan 18, 2003

"Listen, no offense, but if I'm getting taken down, man, it ain't gonna be from fuckin' Speedball!"

bobkatt013 posted:

If you like Jeeves and Wooster I highly suggest A Bit of Fry and Laurie.

If you like A Bit of Fry and Laurie I would suggest that Mitchell and Webb Look (and sound)

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Going through Breaking Bad. First two seasons were great. Season three is going too slow for me, I'm hoping it picks up. Pizza on the roof is the best thing about this season so far.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Tailored Sauce posted:

Going through Breaking Bad. First two seasons were great. Season three is going too slow for me, I'm hoping it picks up. Pizza on the roof is the best thing about this season so far.

There's some definite awesome in there, it's worth the wait.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Mister Kingdom posted:

Even T-Bag couldn't save it.

"He's reciting the opening from Quantum Leap" has been the lone bright spot. I'm just watching in amazement at how horrible its getting.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
I found a deal at Amazon for the complete NewsRadio for ~$30. Been using that as background noise and eating nearly a season a day during the week.

I went to Shout! Factory's site and bought Home Movies and Dr. Katz for half the price of Amazon's list. I remember Dr. Katz being a lot funnier.. but maybe it's just getting more subtle (or annoying) in my old age.

FutureBoy posted:

Celebrity Poker Showdown

Where have you found this? I heard it was a hoot with Dave Foley obviously drunk and not really giving a poo poo.

Tailwhoop
Oct 18, 2008

Luigi to Kobe's Mario.
I've been binging through 24. I always avoided this show when it was on television because I thought the premise was stupid and gimmicky. So I gave it a shot because a lot of the seasons were on Netflix on instant watch. Christ, I'm addicted now.

The Wire better make it's way into Netflix instant watch soon, god drat.

Tailwhoop fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Sep 12, 2010

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

Tailwhoop posted:

The Wire better make it's way into Netflix instant watch soon, god drat.

Don't hold your breath on that one. HBO doesn't tend to put shows up for streaming, and if they do start, I imagine it'll be something much lower on the ladder, like Oz or John from Cincinnati.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

People that think about watching Corner Gas voluntarily: Don't. It's full of the blandest possible stereotypes/jokes about that part of the country.

Tolwyn
Jun 13, 2001

Tolwyn fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 23, 2024

Wartime Consigliere
Mar 27, 2010

by T. Fine
Slooooooowly going through the wire. Just watched episode 8 of season 2.

It's a very good show, but as far as binging goes The Shield or Sopranos are much better at making you want to see the next episode right now.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
So I was recently talking to someone about The Social Network and got into a wikipedia death spiral after reading about Aaron Sorkin (I was trying to look up how many of the West Wing episodes he was credited as writing on since I knew it was a huge number)

It lead me to this article (SPOILERS):
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/10/arts/television/10wing.html?_r=1

Before John Spencer died, Vinnick was supposed to have won the election instead of Santos. I love how it turned out and think they did a great job with the last season, but MAN would I have been curious to see how it would have went if this had actually happened.

Since we'd been talking about The West Wing a lot in here, I just thought some of you might have wanted to know. It's always the alternate "How shows should have gone" or "What would have happened with another season" things that are most interesting to me.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Superrodan posted:

Before John Spencer died,

What's this? Was there some sort of blues explosion? :ohdear:

Trig Discipline fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Sep 13, 2010

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Superrodan posted:

Before John Spencer died, Vinnick was supposed to have won the election instead of Santos. I love how it turned out and think they did a great job with the last season, but MAN would I have been curious to see how it would have went if this had actually happened.

This is something that other people involved with the series have disputed, FWIW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
I haven't been binging through much lately, but I was thinking of giving Legend of the Seeker, Gilmore Girls, and Blue Mountain State a shot.

For those who've seen them how were they? Can I get some goon opinions/reviews?

Is Legend of the Seeker better than Merlin? Because I watched few episodes of that and couldn't get in to it. And is Blue Mountain State like Friday Night Lights? Or is it more of a comedy? I'm primarily looking for serial dramas.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Sep 15, 2010