Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Well in continuing my self hating personality by ploughing through the rest of season 4 of spooks i've noticed one little oddity. All of their news reports are being presented on Sky News. As a BBC show, isn't that a little odd? Or is it like something to do with The Bubble where they didn't want the public to see anything fake ever broadacst on a BBC newscast, whether it was in a self produced TV show or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I don't know the answer but just so you know it's not actually made by the BBC.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Akuma posted:

I don't know the answer but just so you know it's not actually made by the BBC.

No? I always assumed that since it was on BBC1 and then BBC3 that it was a BBC show.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Kin posted:

No? I always assumed that since it was on BBC1 and then BBC3 that it was a BBC show.
Nah it's made by Kudos. They do a lot of shows for the BBC but they're independent. They also do Hustle and Law & Order: UK.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Akuma posted:

Nah it's made by Kudos. They do a lot of shows for the BBC but they're independent. They also do Hustle and Law & Order: UK.

Never knew that. I only really noticed it at first because it was the same news anchor in all the previous episodes and he was also doing the same role in Shaun of the Dead.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Trin Tragula posted:

I hate to say things like "remember, this is America we're talking about". But, um, remember, this is America we're talking about.

Yeah, if we're lucky someone will shoot him. Many times.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
Heads up: Series 4 of Mad Men starts tonight at ten on BBC4 and BBC HD.

I'm still catching up via the Sunday night repeats but I'm sure there are those of you who would want to know!

the_cow_fan
May 12, 2008
Did anyone catch the 'An Idiot Abroad' preview? the only 2 downsides were that there was to much Ricky involved and its still a few weeks untill the actual program starts! The preview was loving fantastic and had me in stiches almost the whole way through.
Think it's available on Sky on Demand or whatever it's called.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Pier "Morgan" Moron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l98cIDkHQ4A#t=5m47s

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
I keep saying it, but Clive Anderson's burn against Morgan is one of my favourite things ever.

"How much do you know about editing newspapers, Clive?"

"About as much as you do."

gently caress you, Morgan. You thought you could stand toe-to-toe against two of television's most ferociously intelligent and witty men? You messed with the bull and got the horns, kiddo.

Mary Chain
Sep 5, 2006

by Ozma

Mary Chain fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Feb 6, 2011

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
"Heres hoping that Jordan remembers to put her underwear on before the cameras roll, or the programme is going to consist of two over exposed twats gawping listlessly at each other." Brooker on Piers interviewing Jordan.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah this Derren Brown thing is just too much, it's not believable at all by this point. Once you learn that he fakes certain stuff for dramatic effect it completely taints everything he does like this and it becomes kind of obvious. Unless this is some sort of thing like the gambling thing where it turns out he's filmed 2000 people then I just can't believe it.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!

Kin posted:

I was under the impression that Larry King was a highly intelligent individual as well as a hard hitting to the point kind of interviewer?

I'd just like to point out that this is incredibly wrong. King is known for brown nosing celebrities and giving interviewees an easy time, especially when they have a sensitive topic in the news. Which would probably explain why Morgan got the job.

madey
Sep 17, 2007

I saved the Olympics singlehandedly
This Derren Brown thing is such a cop out, they could have at least done a vomit comet style situation rather than a poo poo simulator.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Hi, I've come to apply for the doctor's job. I can assure you my credentials are top-notch, I've just graduated from Harvard College Yale. I aced every semester, and I got an 'A'.

made of paper posted:

This Derren Brown thing is such a cop out, they could have at least done a vomit comet style situation rather than a poo poo simulator.

I'm pretty sure the whole things only come off right because the victim is as thick as poo poo.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Does anyone else feel like the end of this Derren Brown thing was like The Game? Much more tame, though, obviously.

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!
The guy should have been called Otto. Or Shirley.

Dr Solway Garr
Jun 28, 2009
Haha Derren Brown just totally redeemed that poo poo show with the 8/9/10 11:12 thing.

madey
Sep 17, 2007

I saved the Olympics singlehandedly

Figaro posted:

I'm pretty sure the whole things only come off right because the victim is as thick as poo poo.

Yes, or they are so meek they just go along with it as to not embarrass anybody.

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
Derren Brown's countdown is on!!! In the next 30 days he's going to follow someone else and make them a hero too!!! It could be you!!! on the condition that you've recently applied to be featured on one of his shows and had an interview with the people who make his shows and signed a legal disclaimer saying that the production company can film you at any time

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!

Russ posted:

Derren Brown's countdown is on!!! In the next 30 days he's going to follow someone else and make them a hero too!!! It could be you!!! on the condition that you've recently applied to be featured on one of his shows and had an interview with the people who make his shows and signed a legal disclaimer saying that the production company can film you at any time

I think I can break into a policeman's house, pet an alligator and tie myself to a railway line without any outside help actually.

I just don't want to.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug

made of paper posted:

Yes, or they are so meek they just go along with it as to not embarrass anybody.
"I don't want to be the one guy who makes Derren Brown look bad" thinks the man, whilst Derren narrates "Now this man isn't afraid of being the one man who stands up".

I think Derren Brown can make people do things through the sheer power of his own reputation at this point.

Russ posted:

Derren Brown's countdown is on!!! In the next 30 days he's going to follow someone else and make them a hero too!!! It could be you!!!
I think the idea was more along the lines that now people are going to seize opportunities for themselves now that they think Derren Brown might be involved. They'll make heroes out of themselves! It's inspirational don't you see?!

e: Also the pilot looked like Leslie Nielsen which kind of killed the mood because I kept expecting him to say, "I just wanted to tell you good luck. We're all counting on you."

Some Strange Flea fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Sep 8, 2010

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Kin posted:

Well in continuing my self hating personality by ploughing through the rest of season 4 of spooks i've noticed one little oddity. All of their news reports are being presented on Sky News. As a BBC show, isn't that a little odd? Or is it like something to do with The Bubble where they didn't want the public to see anything fake ever broadacst on a BBC newscast, whether it was in a self produced TV show or not.

Akuma posted:

Kudos is a subsidiary of the Shine Group whose group chairman and founder is Elizabeth Murdoch, daughter of Rupert Murdoch. :eng101:

Rude Dude With Tude fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Sep 8, 2010

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Kudos is a subsidiary of the Shine Group whose group chairman and founder is Elizabeth Murdoch, daughter of Rupert Murdoch. No sir. :eng101:
Do you know everything there is to know about UK TV? Seriously you could go on Mastermind with that as your subject and you'd ace it.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Akuma posted:

Do you know everything there is to know about UK TV? Seriously you could go on Mastermind with that as your subject and you'd ace it.

No, but I've worked for a number of the companies that have been talked about in this and the last thread so.. :ssh:

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
BROWN BREAD
TOP COP IN MURDER SHOCK

A young policeman recently featured on a Derren Brown magic special was killed last night in a bloody shootout. Deciding to "seize the day" and live for the moment with no regrets, Mark Smith, 25, was gunned down when trying to tackle an entire warehouse full of arms dealers, on his own, in a dirty white van, armed with a bag full of party goods.

"Tragic Loss"

Viewers recently watched with delight as Smith appeared on Channel 4's Hero at 30,000 Feet, and appeared to land a plane on his own. A close friend told THE SUN - "Mark was a great lad, and in the past few weeks after passing his police exams was never seen without a smile on his face. I'm gutted".

One onlooker at the scene remarked "He drove towards the warehouse shouting- 'I'll have you all, you bastards. Don't try and run or I'll be back with my crocodile next time'. Within seconds, the van was stained red".

Derren Brown refused to comment directly on the story, but did state on Twitter just hours after the accident: "i give ppl a gift. nt my fault what they do with it after the cameras r off. the mnd is a pwrful tool."

Smith is survived by his mother Sandra, 58, and his Jack-In-The-Box.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Ruined by the fact that his name was Matt.

aga.
Sep 1, 2008

That Matt guy seemed a bit of a mong. No doubt he's already been snapped up as a PCSO.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
When are Channel 4 crashing that plane?

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

thehustler posted:

When are Channel 4 crashing that plane?

I hope they crash it into Blitz Street and make it a Christmas special.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

SNIP!

Rude Dude With Tude fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Sep 9, 2010

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Next: a oval office in Kabul..

Piers Morgan again?!?!

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
The Danny Dyer thing wasn't real then?

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

Look here, I wrote "big laundry" and I don't even remember what the reason was. I guess I assumed I'd remember, like it was some big genius idea... Big laundry, BIG LAUNDRY! It's crazy, I'm a crazy person.
I finally got around to catching up on all Mitchell and Webb, and all I have to say is REMAIN INDOORS

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Shadow The Rat posted:

I finally got around to catching up on all Mitchell and Webb, and all I have to say is REMAIN INDOORS

But THEY are already indoors. Infact I am one of them.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
"What i need....What i need is CRAAACK!"

Phil Mitchell. Eastenders 2010.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Crack is this years Slag.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Hi, I've come to apply for the doctor's job. I can assure you my credentials are top-notch, I've just graduated from Harvard College Yale. I aced every semester, and I got an 'A'.
They better not kill Stacey's baby, then I'll be really upset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
It was hilarious when Phil looked like Jack Nicholson out of the shining at one point.