Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

regulargonzalez posted:

If I was forced at gunpoint to choose the single funniest Seinfeld scene, this would probably be it (along with the two previous lines -- Jerry: Am I being funny now? Elaine: ... A little -- and the following bit about 'Happy birthday')

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynmLdLwlgLI

On my friend's birthday I posted the whole birthday speech on his wall. He's almost as much of a Seinfeld fan as I am and he should be ashamed of himself for not aknowlegding the most awesome way to tell someone happy birthday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicolini
Sep 22, 2007

I hate cold showers. They stimulate me and then I don't know what to do.

The Walrus posted:

"Hey there, it's George.. Remember me? The guy who didn't come up for coffee?"

This scene really hits home, your heart breaks for the guy with every additional thing he says, as he tries to recover and it just gets worse and worse. I think everyone's left at least one completely loving retarded sounding message to a girl you've just started seeing.

Another way Mark Corrigan is the British George Costanza (cursing and epic amount of embarrassment in clip):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpDRdXUIKLI

And, uh:

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"

Chicolini posted:

Are those Charles Nelson Reilly glasses still popular with old retired men or does Larry David just love them? Because he has Shelly Berman playing his dad wearing the same exact ones on Curb, too:

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Everyone always talks about how funny George's parents are, but I think Morty and Helen are the funnier set of parents.

"That's why we joined a program. We walk once around the block three times a week."
"And every morning I eat a plum!"

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

They said they were sending over an Asian woman....

The Infamous Shane
Dec 19, 2007
Call me Shane Mcloon, Super Goon.

Kevyn posted:

Everyone always talks about how funny George's parents are, but I think Morty and Helen are the funnier set of parents.

"That's why we joined a program. We walk once around the block three times a week."
"And every morning I eat a plum!"

PLUM!

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
I was always more fond of Jerry's parents just because they are exactly like my parents

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

Chicolini posted:

I must have had Larry David-levels of neuroticism as a kid. When my parents applauded me for doing ridiculously simple things like this, I got a complex that there was something wrong with me and they were lowering the bar as much as possible.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
Forget the swirl. The only move you need to do is the Stop Short.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Hank Morgan posted:

Forget the swirl. The only move you need to do is the Stop Short.

Just picturing Jerry Stiller doing his stop short arm move makes me laugh. Can I get a gif of that please?

Yanni Estacado
May 3, 2007

by T. Mascis
Has anybody ever noticed that on a shelf in The Hot Tub Kramer has a bunch more pasta figurines?

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
That birthday clip is fantastic.. one of my fave scenes. Another one of my favourite's is when george "accidentally" bumps into jerry, lois and duncan to collaborate a story about the "big race" back in high school.. and they get side-tracked taking shots at each other that they nearly forget about it.

the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YoliGLJT2Y

penis sandwich
Aug 28, 2004

have some pudding :)
Boy, you really went bald there, didn't ya?

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Cane Break posted:

Has anybody ever noticed that on a shelf in The Hot Tub Kramer has a bunch more pasta figurines?

Yeah! You can also see at least two when Silvio looks in to Kramer's apartment through the reverse peephole.

Parachute fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 10, 2010

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
How 'bout I take your little board and SMASSHHHH!!!

Cakebaker
Jul 23, 2007
Wanna buy some cake?

pleasantlyplump posted:

That birthday clip is fantastic.. one of my fave scenes. Another one of my favourite's is when george "accidentally" bumps into jerry, lois and duncan to collaborate a story about the "big race" back in high school.. and they get side-tracked taking shots at each other that they nearly forget about it.

the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YoliGLJT2Y

I like how they don't think a second about how they're gonna keep this charade up if Lois and Jerry were to stay together for any longer time.

Another great George moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C02lvgmm4DQ

"I can't stop now." has to be one of the funnier lines in the series.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Hahahaha "Yeah, well, I've been smokin'"

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
"Jerry it's Frank Costanza, Mr. Steinbrenner's here, George is dead, call me back!"

They made go many great jokes involving the answering machine.

Edit: Found a youtube of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_nCmj9IyLo&feature=related

Metajo Cum Dumpster
Mar 20, 2005

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

"...and the Jews steal our money through their Zionist occupied government and use the black man to bring drugs into our oppressed white minority communities."

:aaa:

Boner Magnet
Aug 11, 2002
:I
You're not going to open with that, are you?

Metajo Cum Dumpster
Mar 20, 2005
Astroturf! You know how those jews hate grass.

NumbersAndNoise
Jan 13, 2005

Nothing but numbers and noise.
Just watched that for the first time (I think the last Seinfeld episode I've never seen). Really need a gif of Jerry's face after he says"nah no one's ever been shot in the city".

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

He pulled the lever on the machine but the Clark Bar didn't come out!

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
I forgot how much of an rear end in a top hat Jerry was in "The Bookstore." George tries so hard to get rid of the book, and Jerry just sort of cuts him off at the knees every time, then he rats him out knowing full well that the bookstore intends to prosecute.

And this is right after he gets mad at Kramer for being willing to turn Jerry in if he killed anyone.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Your Proud Pal posted:

He pulled the lever on the machine but the Clark Bar didn't come out!

Stop using exclamation points, I hate exclamation points.

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.

User-Friendly posted:

I forgot how much of an rear end in a top hat Jerry was in "The Bookstore." George tries so hard to get rid of the book, and Jerry just sort of cuts him off at the knees every time, then he rats him out knowing full well that the bookstore intends to prosecute.

And this is right after he gets mad at Kramer for being willing to turn Jerry in if he killed anyone.

Stuff like this is why I love Jerry.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

User-Friendly posted:

"If somebody betrays me, I never forget."

J E RR Y H E ll O

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
George's voicemail is the greatest thing I have ever heard.

I just discovered this thread, leave me alone. :saddowns:
vvv

Beartaco fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Sep 12, 2010

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Hope you don't think you aren't the 400th person to post that. Not even the best quality! You have no hand.

Metajo Cum Dumpster
Mar 20, 2005
It all makes sense now, Jerry IS O'Brien. I always thought something was odd about him and how neat he is, now I know he's a nazi.

William Pahllace
Dec 22, 2009

Look, buddy. I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings.

hall n oates mom posted:

Hope you don't think you aren't the 400th person to post that. Not even the best quality! You have no hand.

Oh, you mean the one in HD-D-D-D-D!!??

It's really weird watching the "HD" broadcasts and just knowing that they cut off the top and bottom to elongate them and fit them to my TV.

I know at some point in this thread someone posted the shots next to each other of the the standard and "HD" aspect ratios.

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
When you're dead, you're dead. That's it. You're not going anywhere.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

William Pahllace posted:

It's really weird watching the "HD" broadcasts and just knowing that they cut off the top and bottom to elongate them and fit them to my TV.

It's actually not that bad. There's some extra information at the sides that they were able to put back in for HD.

I watched the clip in 720P and the really weird thing was how good it sounded. George chewing and smacking his lips with the popcorn :aaa:

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I just watched the 2-part where Jerry buys the car.

"I'm a good boy!" loving killed me, and then when his dad's defending him. "My son would never steal! He's a good boy!"

Metajo Cum Dumpster
Mar 20, 2005

Bobfromsales
Apr 2, 2010
I don't think Jerry would stand for people putting their shoes on his couch.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Bobfromsales posted:

I don't think Jerry would stand for people putting their shoes on his couch.
"Is that..? Could it..? Could... Could he have? IT IS! POPPY PEED ON MY SOFA!"

Also isn't there an outtake of that key throwing scene where Michael nails Jason square in the balls with the keys?

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Metajo Cum Dumpster posted:

This thumb's up rivals the one in Terminator 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]

Tiny Fistpump posted:

Just picturing Jerry Stiller doing his stop short arm move makes me laugh. Can I get a gif of that please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxGRE2wpjsY

I love the scooping motion he makes with his opposite hand after