Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Foxhound posted:

I love this game but I don't know anyone else that does. :(

Eurasian tips: Your cannons always hit, the enemy walkers' grenades don't. Circling around them while firing can be hard, but ultimately pay off.

Will setting units to "dynamic attack" help there?

And speaking of attack settings, is there any way to get my helicopters to fire at will without setting them to "chase enemy" and watching them fly into the enemy base and get reamed?

quote:

The same goes for units, including harvesters and builders. The goal of the game is to mine up 1'000'000 credits, be economic. There's no hard cap on the amount of units you can have, if I remember right. Repair owns.

There is a cap (on combat units only), based on total cost. Support units and buildings are uncapped. The cap seems to be going up after each mission, though.

quote:

At the start of the game (for the first 10-15 missions, maybe less) you should research what's available, when the catalogue gets bigger you can sort out the good stuff you know you'll use.

I'm having a bit of trouble coming up with the money to research everything; on the other hand, I've been sending more to the spaceport than I'm asked to, so maybe I should be diverting more funds from that. I just don't want to come up dry later...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, anyone? I've read the wiki about it, so I get the basic stuff, I'm more looking for some of the better or more noteworthy demons to recruit/fuse as I go.
Also how do magatamas work? I get the option to "ingest" them, but ingest means to eat... is ingest just a fancy word for equip in this case or once I ingest a magatama do I not ever get to re-use it? And, is there a way to pass on learning a skill, and maybe learn it later? And is there any benefit to not letting my magatama do its thing when I level? So far its just seemed to heal me, which is cool, but I assume the No option is there for a reason...

Another thing that nobody's mentioned is that -kaja spells (buffs) and -nda spells (debuffs) are absolutely crucial in major fights, more so than in any other RPG I've played. Buffs and debuffs in this game last the entirety of a battle (unless dispelled), can be stacked up to four times, and have major effects on your performance in fights. The Debilitate spell, which casts all four -nda spells at once, is probably one of the most important spells to have around in the endgame.

Also, in regards to Magatama, you should know that each skill on a Magatama has a level requirement, and if you're not at that level if you level up with that Magatama equipped, you won't get any new skill at all. Since you can only gain one skill per level up, regardless of what level you're at, you should make sure to always have a Magatama equipped that will give you a skill when you're nearing a level up, even if the skill is useless. That way you can "work through" the bad skills to get to the later ones, which might be better.

As for how you can tell which Magatama are "ready" to give you a skill at level up, I'll leave that to you to figure out, though there's an NPC that hints at it.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I just ordered God of War II. I haven't played any of the other games.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

ToxicFrog posted:

Will setting units to "dynamic attack" help there?

And speaking of attack settings, is there any way to get my helicopters to fire at will without setting them to "chase enemy" and watching them fly into the enemy base and get reamed?

There is a cap (on combat units only), based on total cost. Support units and buildings are uncapped. The cap seems to be going up after each mission, though.

I'm having a bit of trouble coming up with the money to research everything; on the other hand, I've been sending more to the spaceport than I'm asked to, so maybe I should be diverting more funds from that. I just don't want to come up dry later...

To be honest I never played around with the platoon settings at all, I prefered to use traditional control groups (ctrl+1, ctrl+2 etc). Do mess around with it though, might make it easier to dodge them.

Alright, been a while since I played it.

How many new researches do you get per mission? If it's still around 2-3 you should get them in my opinion. Towards the later half of the game you get some missions with massive mining capabilities. As long as you don't dawdle with the time limit you should be able to come out on top economically, but for your first playthrough you should probably play in a way that you like. If you notice your units start dying a lot faster than your opponents or you're at a disadvantage overall you should probably be researching more.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

The God of War games are linear and straight forward, so there isn't really anything you need to know.

On your second play through, you might want to look up a list of the locations for Gorgon Eyes/Phoenix Feathers for max health/magic, and also you can find some extra red orbs, to help you level your weapons fully.

Edit: Although I just realised that some combos/weapons are more effective than others, but since I haven't played GoW2 in a while, someone else will have to tell you which combos/attacks/weapons you should be using more often.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Foxhound posted:

To be honest I never played around with the platoon settings at all, I prefered to use traditional control groups (ctrl+1, ctrl+2 etc). Do mess around with it though, might make it easier to dodge them.

I mean the normal unit controls - eg, helicopters have a toggle between "static attack/dynamic attack", and most combat units have "hold position/chase enemy".

I have tried playing around with platoons. On open ground they're pretty nice, the platoon AI keeps everyone in a sane formation, doesn't let units get spread out on long marches, and is pretty good at picking out targets.

In narrow paths it's poo poo and often gets units completely wedged on each other, to the point that you can't even cancel their orders or remove them from the platoon, and must bring in other units to kill them.

In conclusion, platoons are nice in open ground and will completely gently caress you otherwise.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Smirking_Serpent posted:

-The game is pretty linear but it rewards you for doing a bit of backtracking/exploring every now and then. Usually if you look around/jump enough you'll find a chest with some goodies in it, or look around some more if you find yourself back in a familiar place. There are also special Urns you can find (in chests) that are essentially cheats for New Game+, but you can get those later.

-If you're not sure what to do, kill everything in sight and it'll usually tell you what to do next.

-Your level-up priorities should be the Blades, the "lightning magic", and the "earth magic". Everything else is gravy as you will be using these three for 90% of the game (the earth spell comes kind of late)

-Learn to love (and abuse the hell out of) the Golden Fleece. You can deflect almost anything with it (especially projectiles), and bosses in particular are suspect to counters.

-I hope you like QTEs!

-If you think a piece of environment can be destroyed, go for it. Quite a few secrets are found this way. You can tell after one hit if something will break.

-When climbing, grabbing an enemy is an instant kill and leaves you invulnerable until you throw them. Grabs in general are quite useful and net you a little more experience if you kill an enemy that way.

-I think II just edges out III for best God of War game. Enjoy!

mystery at hog island
Aug 16, 2003
Captain of Outer Space

C-Euro posted:

-Learn to love (and abuse the hell out of) the Golden Fleece. You can deflect almost anything with it (especially projectiles), and bosses in particular are suspect to counters.

This applies to deflecting the Gorgon freezing spell as well. Although a puzzle requires it, a lot of people seem to forget. This makes a few fights (and one of the challenges) a hell of a lot easier.

Polite Tim
Sep 3, 2007
'insert witty Family Guy/ Futurama/ Simpsons/ Little fucking Britian etc quote here'

Vinlaen posted:

Anybody have any suggestions for Eternal Sonata?

The battle system gets harder/more intense as you progress through the story (in that the amount of time per move is reduced, training wheels come off etc), so it's worth getting used to what each button does in combat and how each character works so you aren't caught with your pants down, so to speak.

One of the characters has the ability to take photos of enemies, which is pretty much the only way to make any real money in the game, though I never used him and got on fine with low income regardless so it's up to you.

Am back to playing Disgaea 3 at the moment, was wondering if anyone had any tips for pirate hunting. Got the levelling/duping etc down, just need to get into reverse pirating and having trouble finding pirates (I know they only show up after floor 20)

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Polite Tim posted:

Am back to playing Disgaea 3 at the moment, was wondering if anyone had any tips for pirate hunting. Got the levelling/duping etc down, just need to get into reverse pirating and having trouble finding pirates (I know they only show up after floor 20)

Can I ask what you did for duping? I asked this earlier but got no response - I just don't see that many dropouts.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Polite Tim posted:

One of the characters has the ability to take photos of enemies, which is pretty much the only way to make any real money in the game, though I never used him and got on fine with low income regardless so it's up to you.

The photography thing seems to be a feature for people who can't be bothered to farm cash through fighting and looting treasure. You get such a ridiculous amount from selling a few photos that there is literally zero reason to try and save money in the game.

Polite Tim
Sep 3, 2007
'insert witty Family Guy/ Futurama/ Simpsons/ Little fucking Britian etc quote here'

wdarkk posted:

Can I ask what you did for duping? I asked this earlier but got no response - I just don't see that many dropouts.

Some times i'd go through a dungeon with gently caress all in it, so i don't actually know the formula, but i think a higher character level increases the chance of encountering a dropout (I was always at at least level 80). A lot of it is chance too though, I went through loads of class worlds with either one or no dropouts, and then got one with four in it, of which three I managed to dupe. Some people suggest really high levels increase the odds to like one every floor, but I can't confirm that

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.
I'm about to start a new game of Jade Empire for the first time. I remember there were some tips posted earlier on but I have no idea what page :(. Can anyone give me some spoiler free pointers?

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

For Jade Empire there is no middle ground. Either be all good, or all evil. If you don't, you're pretty solidly hosed on getting some cool stuff at the end. Also there really isn't much in the way of middle of the road things.

Pick a style and stick with it. If you're not sure at the start, don't spend any skill points.

It's a Bioware game, so talk to your party for quests and flavor.

It's pretty drat easy, so don't worry too much about screwing yourself over.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Recettear comes out today, the thread is so full of number-crunching and spoilers and indie gaming talk that I really don't feel like wading through it all. Does anybody have any basic advice and/or know of any things I can miss or screw myself out of if not careful?

Nanpa
Apr 24, 2007
Nap Ghost

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Recettear comes out today, the thread is so full of number-crunching and spoilers and indie gaming talk that I really don't feel like wading through it all. Does anybody have any basic advice and/or know of any things I can miss or screw myself out of if not careful?

Don't look at any of that number munching crap in the thread, you'll spoil most of it for yourself

Dungeons: Take food with you. For the love of God take food with you (for healing). You can work out pretty easily in which directions enemies attack and how to abuse that, especially with Louie's wide sword slash arc

The store: Most of you new stock is going to come from dungeon crawling, especially the most expensive crap, but that doesn't mean you should neglect retailing goods bought from the market/guild once you have some more capital. Don't necessarily always true to screw your customers for the highest price, you also want to raise their relationship with you so they come back more and spend more, plus there's an experience bonus for consecutively selling goods on the first offer to customers.

But really have fun, and don't worry about losing a couple of times to see what works (in the full version you can apparently restart from the start of the week (or maybe game) with all of your experience and some goodies.)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Vidaeus posted:

I'm about to start a new game of Jade Empire for the first time. I remember there were some tips posted earlier on but I have no idea what page :(. Can anyone give me some spoiler free pointers?

At the beginning take sword style. Also in the first area, do not complete your masters first quest until you've gotten the permanent stat bonus for a) finding and reading every sign post in the town and b) for doing the advanced version of the color puzzle.

To trigger B, go outside up the hill and behind the school. You'll find a fountain. Interact with it to change the light puzzle than go do it again.

Thunder Dragon style is a monster.

Paralyzing palm is fairly potent if you want to break the game in a way that requires style switching.

Jade Golem style is late game, but if you max it out the final boss might as well not exist. You can just thunder dragon/sword style him any way you want to though.

If you win 20 times in a row at the gambling mini-game, the guys head explodes and you can no longer gamble. So if you're cheating for money, lose a small amount every once in a while.

Henry Fungletrumpet
Dec 1, 2008

Nanpa posted:

Don't look at any of that number munching crap in the thread, you'll spoil most of it for yourself

Dungeons: Take food with you. For the love of God take food with you (for healing). You can work out pretty easily in which directions enemies attack and how to abuse that, especially with Louie's wide sword slash arc

The store: Most of you new stock is going to come from dungeon crawling, especially the most expensive crap, but that doesn't mean you should neglect retailing goods bought from the market/guild once you have some more capital. Don't necessarily always true to screw your customers for the highest price, you also want to raise their relationship with you so they come back more and spend more, plus there's an experience bonus for consecutively selling goods on the first offer to customers.

But really have fun, and don't worry about losing a couple of times to see what works (in the full version you can apparently restart from the start of the week (or maybe game) with all of your experience and some goodies.)
This is good advice on it's own, but here's a little more without going into the bare bones of it.

The most important thing you can focus on (to start with at least) are chains. Chains are important in both facets of gameplay because they net you substantially more XP, which of course unlocks many new options to you.

While adventuring, kill the same enemy type without killing anything else, and each kill of that type will drop more and more XP gems. Note that enemy type also includes color, so a green slime isn't the same as a blue one or a red one etc. Killing another type or leaving the floor will end the chain. It's a really good idea to take your time on the first few levels of the first dungeon, since the enemies there are very easy to farm and you can get anywhere from 5-10 levels in pretty quick order. One notable exception: you'll occasionally get a chest trap which spawns a bunch of blue slimes in a circle who rotate, expand and contract in a set pattern. These function as a completely different enemy type for some reason in that they don't actually count as their own chain, and in fact cancel your current chain even if you'd been killing blue slimes up to that point (the other traps are fine).

On the flip side, you have chaining XP in the store, which is a bit easier but also open to much more experimentation. Selling close to 130% is the best way to gain immediate profit from most customers (beware the little girl, she's known as the combo breaker), however there are arguably greater benefits from selling lower and gaining their favour. The first benefit is in not haggling the price. Selling (or buying, when you unlock it) an item on your first offer will give you a "just" bonus which will accumulate in much the same way as killing monsters. Keep selling on the first try and the XP bonus will double each time until it maxes out at 128, at which point you'll continue to get that much for as long as you keep up the chain. Failing to sell an item, haggling at all or the time slice ending will end the chain.

The other benefit, and the one the min/maxers in the thread have been most obsessed with, is relationship bonus. I won't go into too much detail, but basically customers will begin to like you more if you offer them fair prices, and you'll know they've "leveled up" when a heart appears over their head. Each time this happens their purse will increase, meaning you can sell them more expensive items the next time they come in. This will likely become very important in the later stages where making the deadline requires you to sell expensive items, but it's mostly speculation at this point.

The only other thing that's generally advised in the thread is to have an ample stock of many different item types of different price levels whenever you can, as customers will begin requesting item types and you have to suggest something to them. If they can't afford it, you're pretty much doomed to either sell low or bail on the transaction, which will break your precious chains and (possibly) make that customer less fond of you (not entirely sure on that last point but it's been hinted at).

Henry Fungletrumpet fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Sep 10, 2010

Jive One
Sep 11, 2001

I've just started Icewind Dale 2 and I had a quick question regarding the music. Music will first play when reaching the title screen, but is it also supposed to loop? Basically once the track plays once it doesn't play again while I'm creating characters. Also, is music supposed to play right after the first conversation with the boat captain, and is some sort of battle theme supposed to play when fighting those first few goblins?

I know I had some music issues with IWD1 so I hope what's described above is normal and not a glitch.

Edit: Looking at a few video LP's, it looks like others experience the exact same thing. So unlike BG, there isn't a battle theme and music is few and far between? If that's the case cool, just want to make sure I'm not missing out.

Jive One fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Sep 11, 2010

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Can somebody give me some advice for Dragon Age?

I'm a wuss so I'll probably play on easy and I'm planning to be either a mage or an archer (?) and use Morrigan (at the very least).

What are some good starting/other spells or archer skills?

Any other advice?

EDIT: Also, any tips for Kings Bounty: Armored Princess?

Vinlaen fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Sep 11, 2010

Smee
Sep 24, 2004

Vinlaen posted:

I'm a wuss so I'll probably play on easy and I'm planning to be either a mage or an archer (?) and use Morrigan (at the very least).

Any other advice?

I haven't experimented myself, but I understand Archer kind of sucks? Just something to consider... my favorite build so far has been Duelist / Assassin / Shadow, even if it does feel animu as gently caress to play that combo.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Vidaeus posted:

White Demon style isn't nearly as slow as the game makes it sound. Use it, love it, especially when it comes to...

Harmonic combos: Use a support style like the one you start with (Heavenly Wave), and preform the attack that the description says will start a harmonic combo. Preform that attack, and you should see a bar ticking down around the circle beneath your enemy's feet. Before that bar empties out, switch back to your attack style and preform a heavy attack. Most enemies explode when you do this, and a power-up is guaranteed to drop (changes depending on the support style used). It only works on the enemy you're targeting though, so restart the combo on each one.

Storm Dragon: The BEST support style. You can get it from Spear Catches Leaf, an NPC you're guaranteed to run into, so just pester him until the dialogue for his store comes up. It shocks the enemy and completely disables them, it's area attack starts the Harmonic Combo (so you can disable any other enemies at the same time), and it drops a Focus power-up when used. This means you can activate Focus and go bullet time, quickly HC one guy so he drops a power-up, refill your Focus and move to the next one. Totally broken.

RE: Light puzzle at the start: You need to actually do the puzzle once the wrong way (place the same color statue) so it gives you a silver. Then take that silver at offer it to the shrine. It gives you the lion head and let's you do a second puzzle for a stat boost.

Closed Fist: Basically, the game doesn't care what the actual definition of The Way of The Closed Fist is and you need to be a real rear end in a top hat constantly. Pick fights and just start poo poo with everyone. It's pretty irritating, especially when it comes to a certain companion.

Demons: Demons are immune to support styles and spells and are just a general pain in the rear end. Focus and activate Chi Strikes so they die quickly.

Shapeshifting: Mostly useless. Jade Golem form is the only one you should care about and is very useful, so pour points in when you can.

Weapons: Also mostly useless. Only good for fighting golems since they're immune to martial arts.

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Sep 11, 2010

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Smee posted:

I haven't experimented myself, but I understand Archer kind of sucks? Just something to consider... my favorite build so far has been Duelist / Assassin / Shadow, even if it does feel animu as gently caress to play that combo.

I played through as Archer just fine, and enjoyed it! Just make sure if you're a rogue that you're not using crossbows. They're kind of slow and based on strength, whereas a normal bow is more dexterity based and a lot of them have Rapid Aim which helps A LOT and fires a lot faster. I went half my game as a rogue crossbow user before figuring this out, just because I hadn't found a bow that matched the base damage. Even though the bows were less I was doing more overall damage.

But as far as advice, Mage is the most powerful class by far, you can have Morrigan learn healing spells but there IS a party member who is a healer but maybe you cannot wait or won't want to use that person.

Make sure at least one member of your party levels the skill where they can make potions, it's incredibly helpful, whether you use them in your active party or not. I thiiink the healer comes with some skill in it already?

Be sure to do the Stone Prisoner DLC early, as it gives you a party member, doing Denerim last seems to work nicely too unless you want to have a bunch of quests in your log for the majority of the game you can't get to.

Zushio
May 8, 2008

SpazmasterX posted:

Harmonic combos: Use a support style like the one you start with (Heavenly Wave), and preform the attack that the description says will start a harmonic combo. Preform that attack, and you should see a bar ticking down around the circle beneath your enemy's feet. Before that bar empties out, switch back to your attack style and preform a heavy attack. Most enemies explode when you do this, and a power-up is guaranteed to drop (changes depending on the support style used). It only works on the enemy you're targeting though, so restart the combo on each one.

I basically did some variation of this starting from about halfway through and never had any trouble with anything in a fight ever again.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What was some general tips for King's Bounty: Armored Princess.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Vinlaen posted:

Any other advice?

Archer and mage were the only characters I couldn't be bothered to finish a game with. I found archer boring because it was just sitting in the back, plinking and using abilities (gameplay wise, melee characters are basically the same I guess but at least they're more fun to watch) and with the mage I found myself overwhelmed by the selection of spells and I was never sure how to use them to their best potential, but that's probably just a matter of personal style.

I suppose it's a cop-out to just link to an FAQ, but I used this one when building characters (after my first one, which I made myself) and it all worked out pretty well. My melee rogue had a dying tendency, however (was still pretty interesting to play though).

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Archers are considered pretty weak while mages break the game so pick your poison.
For Mage focus on the ice and healing skill tree. Ice can paralyze enemies for long periods and healing is always good.

gallilee
Jul 24, 2001

Imagine when you're about to get your dick sucked by the alien from aliens and she's like "ahaha guess i gotta bring out my little mouth for this one"
Thanks to the PS3 games thread I just picked up The Saboteur.
This game is fantastic so far and I'm kicking myself for ignoring it when it was released.
I've more or less just come to the free-roam part of the game where I can take on any missions I'd like.
At first I tried to play it Stealthily but got horribly mutilated every time. As soon as I started run and gun I found myself clearing a lot of missions a lot easier. Is this the approach to take for more or less all the missions? Any recommendations for the rest of the game?

(If you haven't played this and you like GTA and Mafia like game, get this. It's beautiful)

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

RagnarokAngel posted:

For Mage focus on the ice and healing skill tree. Ice can paralyze enemies for long periods and healing is always good.

I forget which tree it's in, but one spell you're going to want all of your mages to have, no matter what plans you have for them, is crushing prison (at least I think that's the name). It paralyzes the enemy AND does damage over time. If you want to go crazy, you can also give your mages that ice spell that freezes enemies (winter's grasp? something like that) and that forcefield spell that's a prerequisite to crushing prison so I guess you have to get that one, though it does make enemies invisible for the duration. Program your mages to freeze the tough enemies and battles will be quite a bit easier.

Also, one bit of advice I just remembered - if you have a lot of potions and you find your teammates keep dying, give each of them a command, at the very top of the list, to drink a potion if their health drops below 25% or whatever. As long as you have enough potions you probably won't even need a healer in your party, everyone will just heal themselves. Though having a healer as well is obviously a good idea.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

gallilee posted:

Thanks to the PS3 games thread I just picked up The Saboteur.
This game is fantastic so far and I'm kicking myself for ignoring it when it was released.
I've more or less just come to the free-roam part of the game where I can take on any missions I'd like.
At first I tried to play it Stealthily but got horribly mutilated every time. As soon as I started run and gun I found myself clearing a lot of missions a lot easier. Is this the approach to take for more or less all the missions? Any recommendations for the rest of the game?

(If you haven't played this and you like GTA and Mafia like game, get this. It's beautiful)

Someone said that "Sabateur doesnt have stealth. It has retard stealth", and they were pretty much bang on. Silenced weapon and a nazi uniform are incredibly handy (I tend to carry a silenced pisol and a sniper rifle because if I get in a close fight its easy enough to kill a nazi and get a machinegun). In a lot of cases the easiest way to get through an installation is to stealth kill a guy in a guard tower (simply move up and down the ladder just below the platform until hes turned away, climb the rest of the way and stealth kill), take his uniform, plant explosives all round the place then leave as the explosions start. As long as you hide out of sight of any Nazis for a couple of seconds you are fine. On the other hand, if run and gun is whats working for you, why mess with success?

You can buy 2 perks in the game, one gold, one silver. General wisdom is to buy the vehicle collection ones (collect all nazi vehicles for silver, collect all vehicles for gold) because they are frankly a bitch to complete. Apart from that, buy the paris maps whenever they are available, buy the silenced pistol as a priority, and the upgrades that a) Deliver your getaway car and b) make the guy delivering it a shopkeeper.

Once you unlock "Death Touch", stealth becomes much easier. If you cant currently unlock it, avoid killing too many Nazi generals until you can (to unlock it you need to have unlocked the perk below it and stealth kill like 5 nazi generals, its theoretically possible to lock yourself out of it by killing all the generals before getting the perk below it, but hilariously unlikely).

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!
Has anyone got any tips for Everblue 2 (PS2)? I've tried the first training area, but I seem to be totally crap.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

gallilee posted:

I did the opposite - I stealthed my way through a lot of the missions, although there were times my cover got blown and I gunned my way through. As SiKboy said you want the silenced pistol. You can shoot a Nazi while another is standing right next to him and they won't know it's you. How are you doing things stealthy? Remember you can't run for too long or be near a Nazi too long otherwise they catch on and you lose your disguise.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart

Rirse posted:

What was some general tips for King's Bounty: Armored Princess.

The game is extremely loving hard when you start playing and somewhere like 8-10 hours in it will become so easy that you might stop playing (I stopped playing).

I guess one of the most important things is to pick your battles, especially while the game is still hard. The game consists of a bunch of different islands filled with monsters that do not regenerate/respawn. This means there is no way to grind out experience or anything like that. You'll often have to get in your boat and sail around looking for maybe the one spawn on the island that you can actually beat. A lot of the challenge early game will be just finding whatever spawn you can handle.

Relating to the previous point, once you discover new islands, go check them out and see if you can find anything that is around your level to fight. The islands do get progressively harder, but that is some overlap. For instance you'll have to start doing stuff on the second island before you can finish every single thing there is to do on the first island.

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Regarding Dragon Age, if I play as a mage, is it feasible to have a party consisting of me (mage-dps?), Morrigan (mage-dps?), Wynne (mage-healer), Leliana (rogue)?

Three mages is probably overkill but they all seem useful and I do like Leliana but I'm guessing a warrior might be better... (but they all don't seem that great, heh)

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Vinlaen posted:

Regarding Dragon Age, if I play as a mage, is it feasible to have a party consisting of me (mage-dps?), Morrigan (mage-dps?), Wynne (mage-healer), Leliana (rogue)?

Three mages is probably overkill but they all seem useful and I do like Leliana but I'm guessing a warrior might be better... (but they all don't seem that great, heh)

Its feesible and/or broken until you mess up your targeting and get face-raped by a bunch of warriors tearing your mages to shreds.

But if you want to cheap the game, you will destroy everyone with that setup, especially with traps combined with inferno/grease.

Astfgl
Aug 31, 2001

Vinlaen posted:

All-mage or primarily-mage parties are generally regarded as the easiest way to break Dragon Age. If you really want to cheese your way through most of the battles, have your mages learn as many area-of-effect spells possible, and make sure they each learn Force Field. Send Leliana into combat to distract the enemies, have a mage cast Force Field on Leliana, then unleash all your area-of-effect spells on the enemies.

One word of warning, though: Enemy aggression is dictated by a lot of things, and it can shift really suddenly in the heat of battle. So when those enemies see Leliana, they might all rush to attack her. But when they get a whiff of the fact that your mages are going to cast Crushing Prison or Cone of Cold or Waking Nightmare on them, they'll immediately turn to attack your mages. That's why the three-mage setup works better if you have a fighter who can use Taunt to draw the attention back to himself.

The best warrior to balance out three mages is a good tank, and Alistair is the only decent tank in the base game.

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Are there any other tanks in the "expansion" that can be used for starting a base game?

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Vidaeus posted:

All you need to know about Jade Empire is that Bioware made it, therefore...
  • Exploring is almost mandatory.

• Talking to your companions will give you rewards. If you do 'evil' stuff, some of them will bitch and moan, but you can ignore that. You can boink about half of them.

• There will be a puzzle based on combining primary colors into secondary ones.

• You can be good, evil or neutral, which determines which video plays at the end, but most people you meet don't give a poo poo. You get special abilities for being good or evil enough, so there's no reason at all to be neutral.

• As a final kick in the nuts, the last decision you make gives you so many good or evil 'points' that all your previous choices are irrelevant.

Astfgl
Aug 31, 2001

Vinlaen posted:

Are there any other tanks in the "expansion" that can be used for starting a base game?

Not really. Shale is the only character added by an expansion, but you still have to complete a quest before unlocking him. Really, if you aren't playing as a tank, Alistair is your best bet simply because you get him so early, which means you can customize his skillset to your liking. The other fighters in the game (Sten, Oghren) have already invested points in two-handed weapons by the time you access them, which is pointless for a tank (as tanks rely on shields).

There is, technically, one more tank in the game, Loghain. But like the others, by the time you access the character you have zero control over how they've allocated their skill points thus far (although I believe this one puts a fair amount into the Shield school). Also, if you take this person, then Alistair will leave forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Bummer.

So basically you suggest kicking Leliana for Alistair?

...or I suppose I can make my own character a warrior, then get Morrigan, Wynn, and Leliana?