Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infinity2005
Apr 12, 2005
y halo thar lol

GZA Genius posted:

Phonat is Awesome.
I have no idea what genre this song would be under. So many different sub headings its hard to keep track. Is this house music?

Motor City Drum Ensemble - Raw Cuts #6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJCnKJUoxBo

This song is dope too:
Dj Nekbath - Gotta Get U Luv
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t7nCKoPKho

It's Deep House, and they do a few good tracks. Another good subgenre kinda related to that is nu-disco which i've been listening to quite a bit lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

a milk crime posted:

Your aim is true.

Your aim is amazing, thank you. I had heard one song by Phonat and I for some reason didn't remember them or something like that. Thank you.
[/quote]

Kue says Young Punx, Rogue Element, Strip Steve, and Go Go Biscuit

Police Academy 6
Jul 12, 2006

melee beats posted:

Fly Like a G6 Remix

http://soundcloud.com/melee/like-a-g6

this is pretty boring, honestly. not a lot of variety or progression or anything interesting at all

trill ass
Sep 30, 2004

buttcop

Police Academy 6 posted:

this is pretty boring, honestly. not a lot of variety or progression or anything interesting at all

I love it when people say this about house music. Go put on a Rage Against The Machine album, bruv.

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale
New Kue Remix

http://soundcloud.com/deejaykue/kesha-take-it-off-dj-kue-remix

I did some additional prod on this one right here

Police Academy 6
Jul 12, 2006

trill rear end posted:

I love it when people say this about house music. Go put on a Rage Against The Machine album, bruv.

i love house music and i think the crosstown rebels/leftroom/culprit gang is putting out some of the most interesting stuff in edm right now. that doesn't mean that i'm going to find bad music to be good, however

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

melee beats posted:

New Kue Remix

http://soundcloud.com/deejaykue/kesha-take-it-off-dj-kue-remix

I did some additional prod on this one right here

I like it

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

Police Academy 6 posted:

i love house music and i think the crosstown rebels/leftroom/culprit gang is putting out some of the most interesting stuff in edm right now. that doesn't mean that i'm going to find bad music to be good, however

Didn't you go on a long tirade about how you didn't like me or my music and that i was trying to be thomas bangalter house superstar in my CD release thread? I don't think my style really suits you. You probably shouldn't listen to stuff I post.

e: I'm all for criticism from you or anyone else, that's why I post my music; to get feedback and to make strides to put out better art. If you have feedback for me that will help me improve as an artist, please do not hesitate to share that with me. It is really hard to take you seriously though when you make pretty crazy claims (I think you said I had an ego or something) and just generally trash everything I do. Personally, we probably have similar tastes because One is pretty much the worst track ever, and if you were to give me some constructive criticism I'd take it seriously. I'm always available and love to engage in discussion about my work.CCCCCCCCCCARECHAT~~

dj bobby bieber fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Sep 10, 2010

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
For anybody going to Major Lazer tonight at the Avalon, be sure to check out Peace Treaty at 11. It's my buddy's group and they're gonna be really good!

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Vernacular posted:

For anybody going to Major Lazer tonight at the Avalon, be sure to check out Peace Treaty at 11. It's my buddy's group and they're gonna be really good!

My friend's doing a documentary on EDM and raver culture, and him and me and a few other people will be filming them tonight. I saw them a couple months ago and their set seemed a little off, but I guess they're getting better (and are signed with Dim Mak now, apparently?). More power to em.

This is also the first time I'll be seeing Major Lazer. I'm definitely excited about that.

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons

Police Academy 6 posted:

aaaahahahaha 3 of the most boring labels on the planet. "the sounds of turtlenecks in a room".

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man
Ok so Barbara Streisand finally was released; and I like it a lot more than all of the previews that came out (like the baby diego and O-God edits or whatever). I honestly was like "okay when this hype monster comes out I'm not going to be too psyched to hear it all the time" but I really like it. Not as much as the Fare Soldi remix, but its still pretty good.

Police Academy 6
Jul 12, 2006

Threatis posted:

aaaahahahaha 3 of the most boring labels on the planet. "the sounds of turtlenecks in a room".

music that isn't painfully obnoxious???? nooooooo

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

honestly the original boney m song is way better/more interesting than barbara streisand. i mean its one thing when say daft punk samples a slower less danceable song but you could easily just drop gotta go home and people would probably like it just as much

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

btw fake blood's 'i think i like it' is way superior use of its sample

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xKUiva2WSQ

still a case where the original song is just as good if not better though

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Benny Benassi rules live. He just played a really fun set in Santa Cruz.

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons

Police Academy 6 posted:

music that isn't painfully obnoxious???? nooooooo

no that poo poo is obnoxious and pretentious for a whole other set of reasons.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...
Major Lazer killed it at the Avalon, despite like 15 minutes of sound issues that they filled with "Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-jor major MAJOR lazerMAJORLAZER" noises.

And for all the haters: they dropped One. And it was good.

Peace Treaty, by the way, were loving amazing. I dunno what happened since last time I saw them, but drat. Definitely recommend catching their show if they come to your town.

Police Academy 6
Jul 12, 2006

Threatis posted:

no that poo poo is obnoxious and pretentious for a whole other set of reasons.

much like... your posting :stare:

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Mr Viper posted:

despite like 15 minutes of sound issues that they filled with "Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-jor major MAJOR lazerMAJORLAZER" noises.

This sound perfectly normal due to the fact they are recreating the "dancehall experience".

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sort of related to this thread: I knew Deadmau5 was big, but when did he get big enough to play the VMAs? He seems completely out of place with the other artists like Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber and Drake.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Mr Viper posted:

Peace Treaty, by the way, were loving amazing. I dunno what happened since last time I saw them, but drat. Definitely recommend catching their show if they come to your town.

They absolutely killed it. Big things in store for them.

Apolis
Mar 4, 2004

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Sort of related to this thread: I knew Deadmau5 was big, but when did he get big enough to play the VMAs? He seems completely out of place with the other artists like Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber and Drake.

dude, he was on gossip girl.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

He's had music on ads for mtv shows for over a year.

snoozeallday
Sep 9, 2010

tell him all your problems . . . he's fucking awesome with listening

He didn't look out of place. Didn't you see the cube? He did just fine.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I don't know, I just kind of figured that he was a figure like, say, Tiesto, who everyone knows about but isn't exactly MTV-level mainstream.

I know he plays a ton of festivals a good amount of people have heard him and stuff, but I still thought of him as that douchebag Canadian electro producer, not a pop star or something resembling it. Didn't expect him to play an awards show. I guess I'm out of the loop, though.

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale
Mickey Mouse at the vmas whoa

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

who twitter feed did u steal that from melee? ;)

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

incoherent posted:

who twitter feed did u steal that from melee? ;)

Kue said it and I stole it from him but he stole it from Craze :(

trans fat
Jul 29, 2007

melee beats posted:

Mickey Mouse at the vmas whoa

I had a ton of people on Facebook ask what the weird techno Mickey Mouse thing was. It was sort of painful to see people defend Deadmau5 as the world's greatest DJ. (I didn't say anything, I know better than to try to talk to people about electronic music.)

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Shinichi Osawa, Paul Chambers - Singapore Swing EP out now on Southern Fried. Great overall release, particularly enjoying the Style of Eye remix

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
I was just listenin to the new Osawa album I thought it was boring as hell, the other one's way better.

e: that remix does own though

Man vs Child
Mar 21, 2004

by Ralp
Kinda let down by that EP, it's got nothing on One or One+.

alternatively, here is an awesome new remix from A-Trak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lXqWEJc-X4

Sebastien Tellier - Kilometer (A-Trak Remix)

Apolis
Mar 4, 2004

Man vs Child posted:

Kinda let down by that EP, it's got nothing on One or One+.

alternatively, here is an awesome new remix from A-Trak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lXqWEJc-X4

Sebastien Tellier - Kilometer (A-Trak Remix)

not to poo poo on you but pretty sure that track is a couple of years old.. it's on infinity +1.

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

12 teams is where it's at, right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? YEAH! SOME THINGS YOU CAN'T UNSEE, BRO!
I went to some 'new' club here the other night, and the group of bro-djs behind the decks were so ADD that they couldn't let a track play for more than 90 seconds before trainwrecking into a middle of a new track. Oh kids these days.

Man vs Child
Mar 21, 2004

by Ralp

Apolis posted:

not to poo poo on you but pretty sure that track is a couple of years old.. it's on infinity +1.

Aahaha wow, well it just got sent to me from a mailing list as something new to post so this is news to me. Time to go check out infinity +1.

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!
Nothing too special, but my brain's been melting on it for like 25 minutes and I'd like to share that experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgFu65u8OJM&feature=related

Enjoy!

Edit: I don't want to be that youtube linker, but this track is pretty awesome and I knew for sure someone would enjoy this crunchy sound.

Stuntastic
Jul 11, 2009

weed cave weed saves

Dono posted:

Nothing too special, but my brain's been melting on it for like 25 minutes and I'd like to share that experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgFu65u8OJM&feature=related

Enjoy!

Edit: I don't want to be that youtube linker, but this track is pretty awesome and I knew for sure someone would enjoy this crunchy sound.

Oh holy poo poo thank you, Afrojack dropped this in his set at Electric Zoo right after Babylon and I've been trying to figure out what song it was ever since, ridiculous song to hear live on a nice sound system.

JimmyJazz
May 22, 2007

Man vs Child posted:

Aahaha wow, well it just got sent to me from a mailing list as something new to post so this is news to me. Time to go check out infinity +1.

a good amount of the tracks you receive from this mailing list are old :ssh:

sound of stereo is awesome and most of noobs productions are boring but i prefer his mix on this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVXPkLNkGxY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynicus
May 1, 2008

owling furies.

if any of you peeps have the chance to check out Don Rimini, please do. :) he spun an amazing set! not a single boring moment in his set, people were dancing on stage, he himself was really into it and the crowd went ballistic.

o ya, also caught Motor performing live. 'Death Rave' was awesome, other than that it was pretty alright.