Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Kin posted:

and they hired a former baddie who helped kill one of the original cast members. :sigh: She alo looks like Anneka Rice. :smith:

That woman has a face like a pickled bollock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meme
Oct 7, 2009

But it's a pretty good way to get someone to spend money on buying you an av and sig. Maybe I should be really obnoxious and get an upgrade myself

Moral of the story: be careful what you wish for.

You are welcome.
How do you become a continuity announcer? I've always wondered this. And how does it work? you just sit in a booth watching TV with a mic? I used to think it was all prerecorded, but sometimes they make little comments about stuff that, for example, happened at the end of the simpsons, or a "hmmmm" at the end of CSI or something.

Edit: vvvv
Shush you! I just want to believe that there is a job, that real people can do, which consists of sitting in a booth watching TV and saying 5 second links every 30 minutes :(

meme fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Sep 11, 2010

Red7
Sep 10, 2008
Erm, ain't the Simpsons and CSI recorded as well? :P

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Any opinions on Him and Her? Got a very busy week ahead and don't want to waste time watching poo poo when I'm already struggling to fit in new SoA and Terriers.

Junkenstein fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Sep 11, 2010

aga.
Sep 1, 2008

meme posted:

How do you become a continuity announcer? I've always wondered this. And how does it work? you just sit in a booth watching TV with a mic? I used to think it was all prerecorded, but sometimes they make little comments about stuff that, for example, happened at the end of the simpsons, or a "hmmmm" at the end of CSI or something.

I'm not sure myself, I would have thought pre-recorded but then if something goes tits up they seem to be there begging you for forgiveness and saying Eastenders will be on any second.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
You fuckers caused me to deliberatly watch Eastenders for the first time in years. Im pleased that Peggy managed to scream 'Get arrrt of my pub!' one more time before Phil torched it :)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

meme posted:

How do you become a continuity announcer? I've always wondered this. And how does it work?

I miss the days when ITV would have the continuity announcer in video form. At Christmas, they'd even have a little tree up :3

Also, after finding out that Louis CK is the sole writer, editor, director and principal star of 'Louie' (which is far better than any of the UK comedy output of the last few years) which had a 13 episode first season and is set to come back 9 months after the first episode aired... British comedy really has no excuses anymore. 5 episodes for Pete versus Life? Seriously? I presumed there'd be at least the standard sixth episode given that there was no 'finale' feel to the last one at all.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS
Just watched Four Lions (bit late I know..)

What a brilliant movie.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

The pHo posted:

Also, after finding out that Louis CK is the sole writer, editor, director and principal star of 'Louie' (which is far better than any of the UK comedy output of the last few years) which had a 13 episode first season and is set to come back 9 months after the first episode aired... British comedy really has no excuses anymore. 5 episodes for Pete versus Life? Seriously? I presumed there'd be at least the standard sixth episode given that there was no 'finale' feel to the last one at all.

Try reading a newspaper once in a while. The commercial channels are pretty much broke and the BBC is bracing itself for a vigorous buttfucking from Murdoch's Tory chums. This results in slashed budgets and reduced runs for unproven programmes and the cutting of anything that even remotely resembles dead wood.

If you think things are bad at the moment you've got a nasty surprise coming.

Wonker
Apr 30, 2005

Bloodbath posted:

Just watched Four Lions (bit late I know..)

What a brilliant movie.

I know, I loved it... Chris Morris is a clever bastard.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
My DVD of it is arriving in two weeks :(.

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
Anyone know where I can access any sort of a back catalogue for Adam and Joe podcasts and other audio related stuff? I've listened to the podcasts at the Adam and Joe fansite but that seems to be all I can find. I'm not sure if this counts as :filez: seeing as how it isn't possible to actually buy them anywhere (I may be wrong).

osici
Jan 19, 2008
Wheee
iTunes has some from the Xfm podcast, which are free to download.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

There is a yellow ford anglia parked opposite my house across the road. All it is missing is some tackly red flame decals and a dead mans leg on the front.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

http://community.livejournal.com/adam_and_joe/

If you trawl back far enough I think somebody uploaded about 3 years worth of stuff somewhere.

I'm really disliking how shows are getting cut down more and more, episode wise. It seems to be getting a little more common to have 3-4 episode runs rather than the slightly pezzy 6 episodes we're used to. I once heard/read somewhere that most shows lose steam by the third series, but in the UK that's only 12 episodes whilst that's barely a season in the U.S. I don't know. On the one hand we get 2 episodes of Sherlock next year whilst things like Shameless and Big Brother seem to go on for half a year.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

Merlin starts again tonight but it's not being broadcast in HD. What the gently caress, BBC.

devious pudding
Sep 8, 2008

Higly illogical, Captain.

SeanBeansShako posted:

There is a yellow ford anglia parked opposite my house across the road. All it is missing is some tackly red flame decals and a dead mans leg on the front.

What about a glaswegian hamster on the radiator?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

justcola posted:

http://community.livejournal.com/adam_and_joe/

If you trawl back far enough I think somebody uploaded about 3 years worth of stuff somewhere.

I'm really disliking how shows are getting cut down more and more, episode wise. It seems to be getting a little more common to have 3-4 episode runs rather than the slightly pezzy 6 episodes we're used to. I once heard/read somewhere that most shows lose steam by the third series, but in the UK that's only 12 episodes whilst that's barely a season in the U.S. I don't know. On the one hand we get 2 episodes of Sherlock next year whilst things like Shameless and Big Brother seem to go on for half a year.

It helps to think of shows like Sherlock as a set of 3 TV movies rather than episodes in the traditional sense. After all, they're 90 minutes a pop, more or less standalone, and have pretty good production values.

You can't really compare it to a gameshow or a comedy-drama. Yeah I guess more would be nice, but I'd far rather a few excellent memorable episodes than months worth of mediocre filler.

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006

Quanta posted:

Merlin starts again tonight but it's not being broadcast in HD. What the gently caress, BBC.

Not too fussed on the HD thing since I only able to get TV on my laptop, iam just glad its back!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Flatscan posted:

If you think things are bad at the moment you've got a nasty surprise coming.

Nasty surprise? I'm not convinced going from the (at most) 3 shows I remotely care about to 2 is that bad a surprise. Also, which newspapers in this country am I supposed to listen to? The Guardian is a nice enough read, but I can't say I'm going to actually pay for the rot most of them will print.

There's plenty of people in the UK who'll write for next to nothing, I know a good amount myself (including award winning writers, not 'fresh out of uni' scrubs) and when I spoke to a BBC producer a few years ago he told me that pretty much anything I submitted to BBC3 would be given at least a pilot order due to the state of the channel. It's not just about budget, it's about what gets commissioned.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Sep 12, 2010

meme
Oct 7, 2009

But it's a pretty good way to get someone to spend money on buying you an av and sig. Maybe I should be really obnoxious and get an upgrade myself

You are welcome.
Inbetweeners on monday. I can barely contain my excitement. I need it in my life. Anyone know how long this season is running for? standard 6 eps?

Quite enjoying Grandma's house now, was a little leery of the first few episodes, but it's a nice way to kill 30 minutes

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Actually really enjoyed Him & Her. Nice way to pass half an hour and certainly a cut above most BBC 3 dreck.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
I really like Russell Tovey, he's been very good in everything I've seen him in (History Boys, Being Human, Anually Retentive, His Dark Materials on stage). So really I'm not sure why I haven't watched that yet, must ammend!

DiscipleoftheClaw
Mar 13, 2005

Plus I gotta keep enough lettuce to support your shoe fetish.
Lewis needs more than 4 Episodes a Series. That is my stance and I am sticking to it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Adrianics posted:

I really like Russell Tovey, he's been very good in everything I've seen him in (History Boys, Being Human, Anually Retentive, His Dark Materials on stage). So really I'm not sure why I haven't watched that yet, must ammend!

I walked past him a few weeks ago and didn't realise it, my friend just said 'Oh that's the guy from Being Human', but I don't watch it. If only he'd said 'Thats the guy from Annually Retentive and Todd Margaret' then... well nothing would be different, I'd just have realised sooner I guess.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

The pHo posted:

There's plenty of people in the UK who'll write for next to nothing, I know a good amount myself (including award winning writers, not 'fresh out of uni' scrubs) and when I spoke to a BBC producer a few years ago he told me that pretty much anything I submitted to BBC3 would be given at least a pilot order due to the state of the channel. It's not just about budget, it's about what gets commissioned.

So what did you submit to him?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Speaking of dreck on BBC3, anyone ever catch Game On? my god I thought it was some weird anti-comedy for the first five minutes.

Boody
Aug 15, 2001

SeanBeansShako posted:

Speaking of dreck on BBC3, anyone ever catch Game On? my god I thought it was some weird anti-comedy for the first five minutes.

Wasn't Game On originally shown on BBC2 back in the mid 90's? What's the BBC3 connection?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Boody posted:

Wasn't Game On originally shown on BBC2 back in the mid 90's? What's the BBC3 connection?

It was? holy poo poo it must have been so bad it seemed timeless to me. It was on BBC3 when I saw it.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

SeanBeansShako posted:

It was? holy poo poo it must have been so bad it seemed timeless to me. It was on BBC3 when I saw it.
I loved that when I was a kid. Have to go check it out. This is the thing where the complete wanker who is agrophobic lives with the nerd and the hot chick yes? I mean it wasnt a classic but I thought it was rather amusing. Then again I would have been 14 or something.

Boody
Aug 15, 2001

Graviton v2 posted:

I loved that when I was a kid. Have to go check it out. This is the thing where the complete wanker who is agrophobic lives with the nerd and the hot chick yes? I mean it wasnt a classic but I thought it was rather amusing. Then again I would have been 14 or something.

That's the show I was thinking about, shown in the mid 90's and the original guy that played the agoraphobic bloke disappeared off to holywood after the first or second series. I don't recall it being terrible, although the later series introduced an Irish nurse character and the plots involved her and the ginger haired guy weren't very funny.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Huh. This morning, out of nowhere, I had the theme from Game On start up in my head (Where I Find My Heaven.) I haven't seen it since the first run and didn't particularly like the song, but there it was!

I remember kind of liking it, and I vaguely remember a bit with Samantha Janus (the aforementioned hot chick) breaking a sink by sitting on it while trying to pee. And the episode with the agoraphobic dude joining a band and crying through the set because he was outside of his flat, while people lapped it up. That was pretty funny.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

It was pretty loving big at the time, especially with the 14-16 age group. Some girls in my class were obsessed with it.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Looks like there are complete episodes on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqyCpoZdR_8

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!
So there's new Inbetweeners on tonight. Anyone else counting down the hours? My girlfriend wanted to watch it, but she's working while it's on. How long does it take 4oD to put things online?

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.

7seven7 posted:

So there's new Inbetweeners on tonight. Anyone else counting down the hours? My girlfriend wanted to watch it, but she's working while it's on. How long does it take 4oD to put things online?

they're usually pretty good, as a rule the more popular shows are put up faster than others. But it depends, I've caught stuff 15 mins after it went off, and I've had to wait til the next day to watch other stuff. Easier to record it tho if you can.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

meme posted:

they're usually pretty good, as a rule the more popular shows are put up faster than others. But it depends, I've caught stuff 15 mins after it went off, and I've had to wait til the next day to watch other stuff. Easier to record it tho if you can.

Don't forget about C4+1 either.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Graviton v2 posted:

I don't recall seeing any Agrophobic dude but an unfunny ginger looms large in my mind so I guess I caught the series on its last legs.

It sounds pretty appealing before it went bad, might rewatch it for proper judgement.

FelchTragedy
Jul 2, 2002

FelchTragedy.
Internet, I call forth your power!
Let's T_Roll.
I couldn't rewatch it it was of it's time and was enjoyable seeing it once.

It was written by the same guy who wrote Very Peculiar Practice and the Pride and Prejudice adaptations as well a bunch of other ones. Tipping the Velvet too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Game On was loving top entertainment in my secondary-school-attending years.