Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metajo Cum Dumpster
Mar 20, 2005
Jerry! It's Frank Costanza, Mr. Steinbrenner is here and George is dead. Call me back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Infamous Shane
Dec 19, 2007
Call me Shane Mcloon, Super Goon.

Metajo Cum Dumpster posted:

Jerry! It's Frank Costanza, Mr. Steinbrenner is here and George is dead. Call me back.

It's on every page and I don't mind.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I try to take a vacation, get back and the whole threads in shambles.

Wank
Apr 26, 2008
I can't believe no one has posted this sequence yet, I was going to post the text but it is a bit too big for that. This is one of my favourite parts of Seinfeld and was when I finally "got" Seinfeld. It pretty much mirrored the thought processes of what I and I expect any person just leaving high school/college had about what jobs they want to do. Having George sitting down on the foor behind the table really reinforces the juvenility of his thinking. And of course, my favourite... "it's probably a union thing" and George's reaction to that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LCggmsCXk4

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
There's this ad(?) that plays during reruns of Seinfeld on Fox 25 in Boston where it's some dude sitting in an audience where a fake version of Jerry Seinfeld is on stage doing a typical routine, when the dude in the audience interrupts with a whole stream of references to the show, played as if he was the inspiration for them (he's wearing a puffy shirt, says "yadda yadda yadda", etc) and it announces "BEFORE IT ALL STARTED, THERE WAS THE HECKLER". I have no idea what this ad is for though. Is it just supposed to be a joke? Is it some comedian I'm not recognizing?

penis sandwich
Aug 28, 2004

have some pudding :)

Wank posted:

I can't believe no one has posted this sequence yet, I was going to post the text but it is a bit too big for that. This is one of my favourite parts of Seinfeld and was when I finally "got" Seinfeld. It pretty much mirrored the thought processes of what I and I expect any person just leaving high school/college had about what jobs they want to do. Having George sitting down on the foor behind the table really reinforces the juvenility of his thinking. And of course, my favourite... "it's probably a union thing" and George's reaction to that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LCggmsCXk4

My favorite bit:

"Maybe I could be an announcer, like a color man. Y'know how I always make those interesting comments during the game."
"Yeah, yeah, you make good comments..."
"So how about that?"
"Well, y'know, they tend to give those jobs to ex-ballplayers and people that are, y'know... in broadcasting."
"...Well that's really not fair."
"I know."

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
"So how's your standup career?"
"Good! In fact I almost had my own show in Japan."
"You speak Japanese?"
"No."
"So, you would've done it in Japan, but in English?"
".... I don't know."

(There's really no good way to express Jerry's inflection when he says I don't know.)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This thread is GOLD Jerry!

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

penis sandwich posted:

My favorite bit:

"Maybe I could be an announcer, like a color man. Y'know how I always make those interesting comments during the game."
"Yeah, yeah, you make good comments..."
"So how about that?"
"Well, y'know, they tend to give those jobs to ex-ballplayers and people that are, y'know... in broadcasting."
"...Well that's really not fair."
"I know."

Somehow this is even funnier in print.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
First ever attempt at making gifs. The Fusilli Jerry.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Hank Morgan posted:

Giddy-up!

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Hank Morgan posted:

I could never figure out what's going on with his left hand. The only thing I could think of was that he was grabbing her crotch, but it's on the wrong side and that doesn't make sense anyway.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
the mohel/bris scene is a top 5 contender for scene of the show imho

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Hank Morgan posted:

The wink gets me every time.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Tiny Fistpump posted:

the mohel/bris scene is a top 5 contender for scene of the show imho

Darling, you see where that glass is? How that glass is near the edge of the table. You got the whole table there to put the glass, why you chose the absolute edge, so half the glass is hanging off the table, you breath and that glass falls over, then you're gonna have broken glass on the carpet, embedded in the carpet fibers, deep, deep in the shag, broken glass, bits of broken glass that you never get out. you can't get it out with a vacuum cleaner. Even on your hands and knees with a magnifying glass, you can't get all the pieces, and then you think you got it all and two years later, you're walkin' barefoot and you step on a piece of broken glass and you kill yourself, is that what you want? I don't think you want that, is it? .. Do ya? Huh?

coolhockey
May 3, 2005

let's party like it's 1994
I just watched The Outing - it has to be one of the best TV episodes I've ever seen.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
I really love when Elaine tells Kramer he can pick up his faxed menus and then screams EEEEE YAAAHHHHHH in his ear

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
"Why don't you dump her?"

"Eh, I don't want to be one of those guys."

"What guys?"

"Like us."

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Its drat near 10mb but I felt taking frames out would make this less funny. Its George at a Yankees meeting, upon realizing his typed out speech was not about Risk Management, but a bit about Ovaltine.

The way he decides to just keep going and how happy it makes his Mentor just kills me.

Metajo Cum Dumpster
Mar 20, 2005
They couldn't even spring for some decent extras

Metajo Cum Dumpster
Mar 20, 2005

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months

I love how image happy this thread is getting. It was great realizing that the two guys on the boat with Russell at the end of The Pilot were Larry David and Larry Charles.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
What episodes would you show a Japanese person who has never seen the show and has only the vaguest concept of the plot and characters? The one with Kramer shoving the Japanese tourists into drawers was the first thing I thought of but I figured I'd get an expert opinion.

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
The Fatigues, The Chicken Roaster, The Virgin, or The Contest. In my opinion.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
Somewhere here the anguished oink of pigman cries out

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

For anyone who was watching football over the weekend, the detective on the right is in that satellite TV commercial as a cop tazing a dude over fantasy football.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Cage posted:

The way he decides to just keep going and how happy it makes his Mentor just kills me.
"Have you tried this stuff?"

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
"I'm giving you a raise!!!"

"So you're having sex and then suddenly you just blurt out "I'm giving you a raise"??
*nods*
"Quick sidebar here: Are you in any way authorized to give raises?"
"Not that I'm aware of.."

SnipeBob
Dec 8, 2006

"You mechs may have copper wiring to reroute your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel."
One of my favorite George moments is the look of disbelief on his face when he walks onto the Merv Griffin set in Kramer's apartment for the first time.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

SnipeBob posted:

One of my favorite George moments is the look of disbelief on his face when he walks onto the Merv Griffin set in Kramer's apartment for the first time.

What makes this great is that they don't usually even react to his normal stuff, like when he's filling buckets of water at jerry's for his hot tub.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This god drat thread. Seinfeld is one of my absolute all time favourite shows (my favourite episodes are the Mandelbaum arc) but it's been a while since I watched it.

I stumbled on this thread, read the first 35 pages and went out to buy the DVDs. Now all I've done for the past two days is watch Seinfeld. Homework? Nope! Work assignments? I can get to them later!

But you know, I think I'm coming out ahead in this trade. I'd forgotten just how amazing this show is.

penis sandwich
Aug 28, 2004

have some pudding :)

Der Shovel posted:

This god drat thread. Seinfeld is one of my absolute all time favourite shows (my favourite episodes are the Mandelbaum arc) but it's been a while since I watched it.

I stumbled on this thread, read the first 35 pages and went out to buy the DVDs. Now all I've done for the past two days is watch Seinfeld. Homework? Nope! Work assignments? I can get to them later!

But you know, I think I'm coming out ahead in this trade. I'd forgotten just how amazing this show is.

It's what George would have wanted.

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"
This Monday, a huge tragedy befell southwest Virginia.

My local MyNetworkTV subchannel used to air an hour of Seinfeld from 6-7 every weekday evening. But I turned on the TV a few days ago and how did they decide to ring in the new fall season? By replacing it with an hour of Tyler Perry's House of Payne :gonk:

Despite my custom title, that's like replacing filet mignon with a steaming pile of shallow and predictable feces.

9/13/2010 NEVER FORGET :911:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Flobbster posted:

My local MyNetworkTV subchannel used to air an hour of Seinfeld from 6-7 every weekday evening. But I turned on the TV a few days ago and how did they decide to ring in the new fall season? By replacing it with an hour of Tyler Perry's House of Payne :gonk:

Despite my custom title, that's like replacing filet mignon with a steaming pile of shallow and predictable feces.

I had something similar happen to me.

My network shook up the lineup here. My second episode doesn't come on until 1:30am now. It was replaced with Curb Your Enthusiasim, while it does have Larry David in it, I'm honestly not impressed.

King of the Hill also got replaced with Family Guy, while they're still airing an hour of 2.5 Men and Everybody Loves Raymond.

Honestly Seinfeld and KoTH are the only two things that got moved/replaced. :(

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I'm noticing a trend where Family Guy is becoming the new show that you can watch ten episodes a day on different channels. I don't hate Family Guy like most people here, but I don't want it replacing my Seinfeld reruns either.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Flobbster posted:

Iron Crowned posted:

I had something similar happen to me.

My network shook up the lineup here. My second episode doesn't come on until 1:30am now. It was replaced with Curb Your Enthusiasim, while it does have Larry David in it, I'm honestly not impressed.

King of the Hill also got replaced with Family Guy, while they're still airing an hour of 2.5 Men and Everybody Loves Raymond.

Honestly Seinfeld and KoTH are the only two things that got moved/replaced. :(

Kevyn posted:

I'm noticing a trend where Family Guy is becoming the new show that you can watch ten episodes a day on different channels. I don't hate Family Guy like most people here, but I don't want it replacing my Seinfeld reruns either.

WORLDS ARE COLLIDING!

Yanni Estacado
May 3, 2007

by T. Mascis
YOU'RE KILLING RE-RUN GEORGE

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Der Shovel posted:

Good job, Biff.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
"See I've been reading this book about Leonardo Da Vinci. That means 'from Vinci'."

"That must be some book."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobfromsales
Apr 2, 2010

Hank Morgan posted:

This is the best visual of the entire series. Only Jerry Stiller.