Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Riscaa
May 24, 2007
Don't bother with the new Sonic Syndicate album We rule the night. It is rubbish. Wasted $37 to find out too :v It's pretty much some terrible sounding emo now :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m3talh3ad
Jan 28, 2005

PREG NET posted:

It's okay, but the whole thing is just like "i'm an athiest deal w/ it :smug:"

Heh, what's wrong with that, bible-thumper?

Cock Soup
Oct 15, 2006

The Riscaa posted:

Don't bother with the new Sonic Syndicate album We rule the night. It is rubbish. Wasted $37 to find out too :v It's pretty much some terrible sounding emo now :(

How the hell do you end up paying 37$ for an album in 2010?!?

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Cock Soup posted:

How the hell do you end up paying 37$ for an album in 2010?!?

there's this place called australia

it's kinda poo poo like that

PREG NET
Jan 3, 2005

m3talh3ad posted:

Heh, what's wrong with that, bible-thumper?

"heh"

it's just that everyone gets it after one awkwardly written song, it doesn't really take a dozen

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Chimaira needs to release a new album...now.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

PREG NET posted:

"heh"

it's just that everyone gets it after one awkwardly written song, it doesn't really take a dozen

heh what are you a bible thumper or something??? :smug: :smugbert:

Yeah the lyrics are a little annoying after a while. It's kind of like with Deicide though, you learn to either ignore it or else that's how you roll. Unlike Deicide the music is actually really awesome though.

m3talh3ad
Jan 28, 2005

bleedbackwards posted:

Life in Your Way
7 Angels 7 Plagues
For the Fallen Dreams
Versus the Mirror
The Eyes of a Traitor

And some other poo poo Xithyl posted
Save for Misery Signals, what are some good places to start with these bands? Any songs that will hook me instantly?
Its hard to use Youtube to find a band's best song sometimes. Killswitch's most viewed is My gay loving Curse instead of Serenade :ughh:

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
My Curse isn't that bad rear end in a top hat :colbert:

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

m3talh3ad posted:

Save for Misery Signals, what are some good places to start with these bands? Any songs that will hook me instantly?
Its hard to use Youtube to find a band's best song sometimes. Killswitch's most viewed is My gay loving Curse instead of Serenade :ughh:

7 Angels 7 Plagues really only has one CD, but it's a helluva CD. My favorite songs from it are probably A Farewell to a Perfect Score, Away with Words, and Silent Deaths, Crowded Lives.

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
weapon finesse: my dong

m3talh3ad posted:

Life In Your Way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01RfKSce_cA
7A7P: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYPIj-2E8ng
For the Fallen Dreams: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDUsat0bC5Y
Versus the Mirror: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oVIQfL2yAw
The Eyes of a Traitor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZJr9ZIC-8A

I also should have suggested this first time but I didn't think of it for some reason: Taken.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

m3talh3ad posted:

You have some really bad opinions

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Life in your way are amazing I'm gonna spin all their records right now. Totally forgot about them.

Nahbahsah
Aug 9, 2010
Parkway Drive.

They loving slay.

AchmedTheSnake
Apr 6, 2006
This title is clever.

Nahbahsah posted:

Parkway Drive.

They loving slay.

They do indeed loving slay. "Show me War, Show me Pestilence" from Leviathan I = best lyrics ever. Are there any other bands that sing about gnarly apocolypse stuff like this :rock: ? Also the mosh pits are amazing when these guys play live. Sound is superb.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

AchmedTheSnake posted:

Are there any other bands that sing about gnarly apocolypse stuff like this :rock: ?

um no offense dude but have you listened to any metal at all apart from parkway? because it's hardly an uncommon theme

AchmedTheSnake
Apr 6, 2006
This title is clever.
It's all I listen to. And aside from Destroy the Runner, none of the lyrics seem to connect in the same fashion. Inhale Exhale is pretty close, but none of the other stuff hits home. No offense taken.... dick.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

AchmedTheSnake posted:

It's all I listen to. And aside from Destroy the Runner, none of the lyrics seem to connect in the same fashion. Inhale Exhale is pretty close, but none of the other stuff hits home. No offense taken.... dick.

Lol. He still makes a good point. Then again few other bands have the benefit of Parkway Drive's expert delivery. I BELIEVE I WILL START A NEW THREAD NOW!

I think i said that already once but I mean it this time, so stay tuned

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Youse guys should check out the band With Silent Eyes.

http://www.myspace.com/withsilenteyesband

I found their 3-song EP on my computer after apparently having it on here for a while, and it's really goddamn good for an unknown band like this. they have a free download of it but mediafire is not working right now and all the songs are on their myspace.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Why do we need a new thread?

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Why do we need a new thread?

BECause THIS ONE IS OLD GODDAMMIT :argh:

aahh I guess I don't care.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
It's not that wildly active in here anymore anyways, I don't think it's the best time for a new thread.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

the Bunt posted:

It's not that wildly active in here anymore anyways, I don't think it's the best time for a new thread.

It never really was.

Not saying that in a bad way; just pointing out the fact that a new thread is really not needed.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

LISTEN TO THE BAND I POSTED YOU FAGGOTS :argh:

sorry, I'm a little festive today.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

I'm a little disappointed in this new WTR CD... Ataxia and Crossbuster are loving awful. Behold the Harlot and Versus are alright, and Invade shreds, but other than that it's pretty underwhelming.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

krustster posted:

LISTEN TO THE BAND I POSTED YOU FAGGOTS :argh:

sorry, I'm a little festive today.

I have listened.

There not very good.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I have listened.

There not very good.

*they're :colbert:

MalConstant
Mar 16, 2008

Traitorous Leopard posted:

I'm a little disappointed in this new WTR CD... Ataxia and Crossbuster are loving awful. Behold the Harlot and Versus are alright, and Invade shreds, but other than that it's pretty underwhelming.

Just curious, why don't you like Ataxia? That song is pretty awesome and has some catchy melodies, IMO.

m3talh3ad
Jan 28, 2005

krustster posted:

*they're :colbert:

I hope he did that just to piss you off, festive man.

And also I'm sorry my opinions suck, I just think after Leach left everything went to poo poo and it all is bad. Including My Curse as a whole. The End of Heartache wasn't bad I guess tho.

But hey that news about Adam D and Jesse getting back together may be really sweet

m3talh3ad fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 9, 2010

The Dirtyness
Sep 13, 2007

krustster posted:

Youse guys should check out the band With Silent Eyes.

http://www.myspace.com/withsilenteyesband

I found their 3-song EP on my computer after apparently having it on here for a while, and it's really goddamn good for an unknown band like this. they have a free download of it but mediafire is not working right now and all the songs are on their myspace.
This is pretty sick...the mediafire link is back up by the way, but its only like a step above myspace quality unfortunately.

Speaking of relatively unknown bands, I just got into Elitist. If you like Parkway Drive you'll probably like this, although they're a little more progressive/djent sounding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFcTjnHnSQ8

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

m3talh3ad posted:

But hey that news about Adam D and Jesse getting back together may be really sweet

Has anything else then "its coming out in October" been said about there album? Im really curious as to what it sounds like...

PREG NET
Jan 3, 2005

MalConstant posted:

Just curious, why don't you like Ataxia? That song is pretty awesome and has some catchy melodies, IMO.

Ataxia is pretty cheesy. I think the lyrics are just too goony and all the songs sound the same on the album.

m3talh3ad
Jan 28, 2005
Anyone down in Baltimore city for periphery at rams head tonight??

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
I want some metalcore very similar to Parkway Drive's newest ("Deep Blue"). I've checked out a few of the bands they recommended on last.fm, but I really like the growl of Parkway's singer - I hate when they shriek.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

The Dirtyness posted:

This is pretty sick...the mediafire link is back up by the way, but its only like a step above myspace quality unfortunately.

Speaking of relatively unknown bands, I just got into Elitist. If you like Parkway Drive you'll probably like this, although they're a little more progressive/djent sounding.

holy penis, the song started off a little nondescript but boy does it get ridiculously good :supaburn:

Eight Is Legend posted:

I want some metalcore very similar to Parkway Drive's newest ("Deep Blue"). I've checked out a few of the bands they recommended on last.fm, but I really like the growl of Parkway's singer - I hate when they shriek.

I don't know about bands that sound "very similar" to that, because Parkway Drive is one of the greats after all, but I think you would do well to check out I Killed the Prom Queen, Eternal Lord, Amarna Reign, uhm.... I can't really think of a lot of bands but those might be a vaguely appropriate starting point.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

MalConstant posted:

I may have mixed Ataxia up with the other instrumental - don't really feel like listening to it right now.

And to the guy looking for Parkway Drive like stuff, check out Texas in July.

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009

The Dirtyness posted:

Holy gently caress, the last minute is amazing.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

itt: a bunch of poor motherfuckers late to the elitist party

I bought that poo poo off itunes the day it came out. :c00lbert:

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009
You win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MalConstant
Mar 16, 2008
:siren: Awesome Unsigned Band Alert :siren:

http://www.myspace.com/sirensnj

The vocalist is pretty awesome.

This is a must for any parkway drive fan.

The Dirtyness posted:

I have their 5 song EP. Hit me up on aim if anyone wants it.

MalConstant fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Sep 15, 2010