Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

MonkeyNutZ posted:

So syf0n traded mommy's 911 on a GMT400 Suburban?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
I want to eat my chicken.
drat son - old school syf0n reference! where is that clown?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LobsterboyX posted:

drat son - old school syf0n reference! where is that clown?

I asked that a few weeks ago, nobody knew.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

frozenphil posted:

Thanks for the new nightmare fuel!

:psyduck:

You probably shouldn't GIS 'guardrail crash' then (although it doesn't actually find the incident I was looking for where a Commodore wagon hit the end of a guard rail sideways right through the back seat knocking the occupants out amazingly without killing anyone)

'commodore crash' also has some shockers

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

MonkeyNutZ posted:

I've got much bigger pictures if anyone wants them.

yessssssss

His vehicle is a guardrail pasta maker.

ExtremeODD
Jul 16, 2005
Some random pics of destruction.
The first 2 were from an unchecked coolant leak (into the oil)

These are from never changing the coolant.

This motor apparently ran alright for the condition it was in

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

MonkeyNutZ posted:

Good thing Australia is right hand drive, right?

dissss posted:

You probably shouldn't GIS 'guardrail crash' then (although it doesn't actually find the incident I was looking for where a Commodore wagon hit the end of a guard rail sideways right through the back seat knocking the occupants out amazingly without killing anyone)

That was a Falcon. How dare you call it a Commodore :mad:

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh

IOwnCalculus posted:

So syf0n traded mommy's 911 on a GMT400 Suburban?

Does kurten or anybody else have the syf0n pic that I edited to have his face sticking out of the pole on the guard rail he plowed his 350z into? This was years ago. I miss that pictures, I want it back.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rscott posted:

I don't see apex seals exiting through the exhaust port in that GIF
That's because there's no boost going in.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

You Am I posted:

That was a Falcon. How dare you call it a Commodore :mad:

I'm thinking of a different one which I saw on one of those crash investigation TV shows. The car (sure it was a Commodore wagon) hit sideways with the guard rail going through both rear doors.

ExtremeODD
Jul 16, 2005

dissss posted:

Found this through that GIS link

How the hell, seriously goddamn. :psypop:

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

ExtremeODD posted:

breakdancetruck.jpg

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Looks like Voltron's foot...

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
I want to eat my chicken.

I HATE CARS posted:

Does http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30887 or anybody else have the pic that I edited to have his face sticking out of the pole on the guard rail he plowed his 350z into? This was years ago. I miss that pictures, I want it back.

I havent seen him post in a long time... but i remember that picture.

anyone remember iibbmm :v:?

Nomex
Jul 17, 2002

Flame retarded.

Otto Skorzeny posted:

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.

ExtremeODD posted:

Car buying tip #1: Don't buy it if it looks like this.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

oxbrain posted:

Car buying tip #1: Don't buy it if it looks like this.

"check for signs of a major accident, don't trust the seller"

ExtremeODD
Jul 16, 2005
Well I looked at the site again and heres the description: In this unbelievable crash in 1994, the driver was in line at the toll booth on I-294 in Chicago when he was rear ended by a truck. Amazingly, the driver of the pickup truck suffered only a broken nose and some bruises! Very Surreal! Must of been a hell of a truck, drat f350s.

They have a ton of seriously wrecked car pics http://www.carbuyingtips.com/disaster.htm

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Show me the carfox

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
Can't remember if I posted this here or in Photos From The Road; gently caress it, it's a current topic after all.

A Mazda3 IIRC and a pair of semis, driver lived. :drat:

I'm figuring "Was my daily driver, selling because too many cars now. Body mostly straight, engine just needs some TLC. Minor interior/exterior damage, normal for a car of this age/mileage."

e: "Needs airbag."

Splizwarf fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Sep 17, 2010

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Splizwarf posted:

Can't remember if I posted this here or in Photos From The Road; gently caress it, it's a current topic after all.

A Mazda3 IIRC and a pair of semis, driver lived. :drat:

I'm figuring "Was my daily driver, selling because too many cars now. Body mostly straight, engine just needs some TLC. Minor interior/exterior damage, normal for a car of this age/mileage."

"Was my daily driver, needed something less compact."

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.

Roflex posted:

"Was my daily driver, needed something less compact."

"Have a quote from a reputable PDR guy, I haven't got the legs to get it fixed myself."

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.
The sticker on the back of many trucks needs an update.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

LobsterboyX posted:

anyone remember iibbmm :v:?

I remember trolling the poo poo out of him in Battlefield 1942.

Speaking of old posters, remember smb123? He was a real hit on the forums. Also, poles.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
I had some hilarious iibbmm thread someone archived but just started clearing out old unfunny poo poo and it was first to go!

I do remember when he sold his Insight, that was funny.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

trouser chili posted:

I remember trolling the poo poo out of him in Battlefield 1942.

Thanks, I couldn't quite remember why he was notable in my mind. Those were fun times.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.

Splizwarf posted:

Yeah, and a new seat because I'll be willing to bet $5 the words "poo poo Stained" aren't selling points.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Baby Hitler posted:

I had some hilarious iibbmm thread someone archived but just started clearing out old unfunny poo poo and it was first to go!

I do remember when he sold his Insight, that was funny.
Zordon and his "DeLorean"

heyou
Dec 30, 2004
Mr. Green....Gesundheit.
03' Land Rover Freelander. Won't start. Let's take a look, shall we?

Ah! This doesn't look right. Only the rear bank spins when cranking. Let's pull off the timing belt cover!

Hooo, boy.

Cam gear snapped clean off, wrecking the cam and head(maybe). Valves are all closed, no damage to the pistions. Head is going off to be checked/tried to be rebuilt.

Bonus snapped off axle and wrecked A4 cab!

Jeece
Feb 11, 2005
Found on a local forum:

Only 25k miles on the brakes, they probably got stuck somehow.

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

heyou posted:

03' Land Rover Freelander. Won't start. Let's take a look, shall we?

Bad engine in a Freelander? Never!

heyou
Dec 30, 2004
Mr. Green....Gesundheit.
Yeah after finding the damage i did a little googling on the engine in the freelander. Wow, what a total clusterfuck! Apparently, there is an inherent design flaw with the 2.5L V6 that causes the cylinder sleeves to wear down into the block, spilling cooling from the water jackets into the combustion chamber, massively overheating the engine in the process. The fix is a new engine. Problem is, the engine hasn't been produced anywhere since '05 or '06. From what I've read, this WILL happen to EVERY freelander engine eventually. Not sure if even a re-man would fix it eventually.

Dropped off the heads at the machine shop today, the guy laughed when I told him it was a freelander. He said he's never actually fixed a freelander block/heads, usually people flip the gently caress out and sell the drat thing for scrap when they hear how much it will cost. $50 per valve from the dealer, because there's no after-market. Thank god it's not my customer.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.

rscott posted:

I don't see apex seals exiting through the exhaust port in that GIF
Can we stop doing this already? Catchphrase is getting old.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Revolvyerom posted:

No, it really isn't. Much like Apex seals (since they get blown out before they get old!)

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's a timeless warning to others.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Revolvyerom posted:

nope, still funny

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

Jeece posted:

Found on a local forum:

Only 25k miles on the brakes, they probably got stuck somehow.

What the hell is wrong with people? My brakes are screaming and smell like burning think I'll keep tooling along for another couple thousand miles :downs:

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
"My radio keeps getting quieter and quieter, what the hell. I need you to fix my radio."

lazychris2000
Apr 2, 2010

I graduated college with a 2.0 GPA so go figure I can't fucking read
That must have made one hell of a racket when the rotor broke like that...especially if they were on the highway when it happened! Wish I could have heard it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

heyou posted:

From what I've read, this WILL happen to EVERY freelander engine eventually. Not sure if even a re-man would fix it eventually.

Every Freelander owner I know has gone through at least one engine. Some more than one. There's a reason they are the paria of the Rover world. I guess Land Rover decided they needed a new crappy model and gave us the Evoque.