Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

Cobweb Heart posted:

Holy poo poo, thank you for showing me this. These people are awesome.

And the fact that it's an early project of Sunn O)))'s Stephen O'Malley and Greg Anderson just adds to the charm for me.

Oh, and I know it will be mentioned - Runhild Gammelsæter is a PhD-level cell biologist in Norway now.

fake edit: I had no idea they had reformed, holy poo poo. Where does Stephen O'Malley find time for all of his bands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Cobweb Heart posted:

Holy poo poo, thank you for showing me this. These people are awesome.

You're welcome; it's pretty awesome vocal work especially considering she was about 17 years old when that was recorded. The lady has in recen years returned to doing a bit of music on the side of her :science: career; in addition to reuniting Thorr's Hammer she sings for a band called Khlyst (which is not particularly easy listening either).

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Gr31lly posted:

They've being playing Trialed by fire quite a lot of late, as well as the odd track from defiance, but last I saw them (a month ago), they stuck to mostly unchain the wolves, violence is the prince and cold steel... stuff.

I honestly wouldn't worry about the setlist, D666 are always great live, and feed off the audience.

I just saw them earlier this week. Been waiting for the show for months. Small club, but the crowd had some of the most amazing energy I've ever seen. I was expecting to hear Satanic Speed Metal, but they didn't play it. Great show though. My ears are still ringing and my neck still hurts.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I have actually liked Dimmu Borgir's last two albums. I know a lot of people hadn't, but I did.

Their new track, Gateways, is terrible. I had to force myself to listen to the whole thing thinking maybe it would have a cool part.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

CornHolio posted:

I have actually liked Dimmu Borgir's last two albums. I know a lot of people hadn't, but I did.

Their new track, Gateways, is terrible. I had to force myself to listen to the whole thing thinking maybe it would have a cool part.

They've been advertising Dimmu as the best black metal band of all time on the radio :(

Lord Purple
Mar 7, 2006

Remove your eyes...
First new Immortal video out since "Grim and Frostbitten Kingdoms". The highlights for me were the pelvic thrusts during the solo and the extremely lame appearance by Demonaz. Good to see him with the band regardless.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

scrabbleship posted:

First new Immortal video out since "Grim and Frostbitten Kingdoms". The highlights for me were the pelvic thrusts during the solo and the extremely lame appearance by Demonaz. Good to see him with the band regardless.

I love this video.

Bobulot
May 7, 2007

Latis posted:

I love this video.

I also love this, I'm totally stealing the dance move from 0:45. Now that they've done a Blashyrkh/Grim and Frostbitten Kingdoms style snow and mountains video maybe we can get a Call Of The Wintermoon style one for Norden on Fire. It would even give Abbath a reasonable excuse to breathe fire in the video.

Bobulot fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Sep 4, 2010

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Black metal humor is the best kind of humor.

Wyzt
Mar 22, 2007

At the Heart of the Swarm

scrabbleship posted:

Oh man, if you are talking about when hes standing on the river soloing, I loving lost it there. This is AMAZING. Immortal does not disappoint.

EDIT: HOLY poo poo, at 4:40 I was taking a drink of water and spat it all over my wall. Wow....just wow.

Wyzt fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Sep 4, 2010

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Wyzt posted:

Oh man, if you are talking about when hes standing on the river soloing, I loving lost it there. This is AMAZING. Immortal does not disappoint.

EDIT: HOLY poo poo, at 4:40 I was taking a drink of water and spat it all over my wall. Wow....just wow.

I loved it at 5:17

Plasma1010
Jul 2, 2007

by T. Mascis
This one man project from Sweden is called Lustre, although I've only heard the release Welcome Winter, it is nice ambient / black ... although rather repetitive ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKnQO1yxREY ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqK7dmcC41Q&feature=related ... these are the only 2 tracks on the release.

Plasma1010 fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Sep 5, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

scrabbleship posted:

I'm honestly glad that it didn't become a super self referential inside joke after all their videos attained youtube meme status. Sure it was cheesy but I think no matter what Immortal does from now on people are going to look at it in the context of "the band with the worst video ever"

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Man, I couldn't drum for Immortal. Look at all the gear he's wearing! I have to play in socks :(

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Plasma1010 posted:

This one man project from Sweden is called Lustre, although I've only heard the release Welcome Winter, it is nice ambient / black ... although rather repetitive ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKnQO1yxREY ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqK7dmcC41Q&feature=related ... these are the only 2 tracks on the release.

I like it, and don't mind repetitiveness in a single song, but I don't like repetitiveness in the whole album. Maybe they are the same thing though. But it definitely needs more vocals and less beeps and boops.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
What do you guys think of An Autumn for Crippled Children? They're this lo-fi, really melancholic black/doom metal sort of thing. They've only come out with one album, back in April. I think they're really cool.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Cobweb Heart posted:

What do you guys think of An Autumn for Crippled Children? They're this lo-fi, really melancholic black/doom metal sort of thing. They've only come out with one album, back in April. I think they're really cool.

I like this a lot, thanks for sharing :)

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

scrabbleship posted:

Yeah, someone make a .gif of 2:26 - 2:28.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Not Very Metal posted:

Yeah, someone make a .gif of 2:26 - 2:28.

Hey, Immortal-gifs are my thing!

No, seriously, someone should do this. Also, I think this is the first time I've heard a song from All shall fall, I like it. Maybe I ought to get the album after all.

Caucasus Belli
Jun 6, 2007

by T. Finn
My digipack of Otargos' No God No Satan arrived in my mailbox this morning and it's loving great. Very similar to gently caress God Disease Process; if you liked that, buy this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70NCXQa5aZc

Caucasus Belli fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Sep 10, 2010

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Where's mah Immortal.gif avatar

thehouseplant
May 2, 2007

Wyzt posted:

Seconding this. The pelvic thrusting was loving epic.

vonbaron
Nov 10, 2008
I hope you all fuckers have listened to the new Profanatica. Totally sickening satanic bass overload.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

...doesn't look too good. Sorry.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Cobweb Heart posted:

...doesn't look too good. Sorry.

His hip-swinging is really subtle, difficult to catch in a gif.

Like the second one though!

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

Wish he was doing full-on SCHA-WING!s. As it is, it really is too understated to make an avatar out of it.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Cobweb Heart posted:

Wish he was doing full-on SCHA-WING!s. As it is, it really is too understated to make an avatar out of it.

Unless you have an avatar of just the crotch.

Just an idea.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That Immortal video is beyond amazing, im in full black metal mode now. I've strayed into the paths of thrash and other stuff, but im back! Jesus, I live and die by the black metal.

MrWithers
Nov 24, 2007
Also, new Enslaved is out there somewere!

Splash Damage
May 23, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
About 3:50 must be the first duckface I've ever seen in a black metal music video.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

MrWithers posted:

Also, new Enslaved is out there somewere!

And it's loving awesome.

Arthur Bowlsworth
Dec 5, 2003

Wot wot, old boy. Might one have a toke?
Does anyone have a better grimace than Apollyon?

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The Giants just lost. The game was a huge blowout.

George will write a 800 page essay about it now.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Latis posted:

The Giants just lost. The game was a huge blowout.

George will write a 800 page essay about it now.

wrong thread WILD CARDS bro

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Whops, I have so many tabs open I forget which one is which.

Oh well, to correct that problem, is the new Enslaved better than the last one?

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010
Never mind.

Monkeytime fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Sep 20, 2010

Caucasus Belli
Jun 6, 2007

by T. Finn

Latis posted:

Whops, I have so many tabs open I forget which one is which.

Yes.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Plasma1010 posted:

His newest album, "A Glimpse of Glory" is phenomenal. Very repetitive, but that trance-like atmosphere fits it perfectly. I'm listening to it right now and I can't actually concentrate on work because I keep getting lost in the wall of sound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Latis posted:

New Enslaved is better than a lot of things.