Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
I imagine it's just because the lineup is nowhere near as awesome compared to most of the NYC 3 Floors shows. This doesn't give me too much hope for 3 Floors Atlanta, although at least the Pietasters are confirmed (even though they're terrible now).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

drunk asian neighbor posted:

idgi

What's so bad about the Toasters, Void Union, Tip the Van, Brunt of It and the guy from the Slackers?

Saw the Toasters once, they were pretty meh. Saw Void Union open for the Bosstones, they were ok, but not worth going to see specifically. I've never heard anything by Brunt of It, and I've hated what I've heard from Tip the Van. So, v:)v

If I lived in the city I'd most likely go. But, to me, none of the bands there are really "travel to see" worthy.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
If Tip the Van was playing a local show with bands I wanted to see and it cost ten bucks at most, I'd go

Because hey they're good-looking

Raymondo Person
Jun 13, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Why did Streetlight have to get an awesome trippy music video for the one song that everyone except me absolutely loathed? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipDjKSoeEv4

I'm not a Radiohead fan and I don't really have some kind of huge emotional attachment to the original song so I can still enjoy the cover, but now I won't be able to link it to any of my friends without being accused of bringing back their horrible, horrible memories of "blasphemy.mp3".

Also, there's no animator credited for this so... did Tomas make it?

e: oh hey everyone hated the video too gently caress me and gently caress my awful opinions

Raymondo Person fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Sep 14, 2010

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
What. That video owns, who the heck dislikes it?

Raymondo Person
Jun 13, 2009

by Ozmaugh
"man why the gently caress can't they just shoot something at least close to a normal music video? this poo poo is rather painful, and I've yet to see one of these animated videos do the songs justice. OK GO manages to make some pretty neat and innovative videos, why can't streetlight do the same without this lovely animation bullshit?"

"they could have easily spliced together some live footage with them on tour with some jackassery in the studio and i wouldve preferred that over this."

"The video is little better than fan-art"

"So lovely...worst song on 99SOR and worst video they have so far. The animation is lame, but at least the other 2 looked somewhat professionally done."

"It was like a really bad version of the "Ghost of Stephen Foster" music video."

Comments on (as far as I'm aware) the only SM fan forum in existence. Say what you will about the cover but I'd rather have more trippy animation than a generic "FUN TIMES WITH THE BOYZ :):):):) + band playing" music video.

Raymondo Person fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Sep 15, 2010

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Skachilles != everyone

They barely liked the album if I remember right. Album owns and the video is p cool

Raymondo Person
Jun 13, 2009

by Ozmaugh
I still want to know if Tomas was the one who animated it because that would be pretty cool.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Album has like 2 maybe 3 good songs.

And Just is definitely not one of them. That video succeeded in hurting my ears and my eyes.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

That's funny, I pretty much can't stand Radiohead but Just is my favorite cover of theirs. That songs seriously rules rear end, I don't see how you guys think it's terrible. I mean the horn parts are just loving spot on. With poo poo like Red Rubber Ball and Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard how can you rip on Just?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

It's like they told people who just learned how to make sound on the horns to make noise. Then they recorded it. Then they titled it Just and put it on the cd.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I guess I probably missed this somewhere but Less Than Jake is doing an album of TV show themes? This Animaniacs one sure brings back some memories http://www.punknews.org/bands/lessthanjake

Cheesegod
Aug 15, 2001

Offensive Clock
The video itself is really cool. I like it way better than their first two videos. The last one didn't even really have anything to do with the song.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

FateoMcSkippy posted:

It's like they told people who just learned how to make sound on the horns to make noise. Then they recorded it. Then they titled it Just and put it on the cd.

Are you sure you're not talking about the intro to Just Great Heights? Just has some seriously loving impressive horn playing.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Am I the only one who loved the whole of 99SoR?

e: Except for Red Rubber Ball and Just Great Heights.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

AXE COP posted:

Am I the only one who loved the whole of 99SoR?

e: Except for Red Rubber Ball and Just Great Heights.

I loved all of it including those! Red Rubber Ball used to be the morning wake-up alarm on my phone

Anyway, 4point0 songs are up. They own.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Josh Wow posted:

Are you sure you're not talking about the intro to Just Great Heights? Just has some seriously loving impressive horn playing.

The bicycle horn at the start of Such Great Heights is equally annoying, but the rest of the song makes up for it.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Red Red Blue posted:

I guess I probably missed this somewhere but Less Than Jake is doing an album of TV show themes? This Animaniacs one sure brings back some memories http://www.punknews.org/bands/lessthanjake

TV show covers are an LTJ staple.

http://lessthanjake.wikia.com/wiki/G-Man_Training_Target

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
That Animaniacs cover is so goddamn fun, just holy poo poo

Raymondo Person
Jun 13, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Dickeye posted:

I loved all of it including those! Red Rubber Ball used to be the morning wake-up alarm on my phone

Anyway, 4point0 songs are up. They own.
I love Red Rubber Ball to no end, it's probably my favorite on that album. I enjoy virtually all of the rest too. I probably would have hated Just if I was a Radiohead fan, but I'm not so...

Also seconding the Animaniacs cover being fantastic.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
10/9 at 8PM
Bomb The Music Industry! plays Weezer's The Blue Album & Pinkerton
at The Silent Barn in Queens.

mix.lunar
Aug 15, 2007

hedgecore posted:

10/9 at 8PM

For the love of God, they better record this.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Got my tickets to Planet Smashers/Mustard Plug in Toronto, along with (non-ska) the Creepshow and the Dreadnoughts. Three of my favourite bands in a single concert, I'm so jazzed about this!

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How are the Smashers doing these days?

I haven't seen them or heard any news about them in years.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

How are the Smashers doing these days?

I haven't seen them or heard any news about them in years.

No idea! I think they still did a few shows locally but they haven't released a new album since Unstoppable in 2005 :(

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

hedgecore posted:

10/9 at 8PM

Jesus motherfucking Christ

dnz
Jul 18, 2008

hedgecore posted:

10/9 at 8PM

If I had enough cash to cross the pacific, I would.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Fuuuuuck

If it wasn't the Ridgewood in NYC I'd go to it!

e: Fffff, buddy has family down there, and I know a couple people. We're gonna see if we can do it. Holy poo poo. Holy. poo poo. Holy poo poo.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Sep 17, 2010

Z.S. Ghost
Jan 1, 2008

Odd Fire Wolf Gang

hedgecore posted:

10/9 at 8PM

:siren: RECORD THIS RECORD THIS RECORD THIS RECORD THIS RECORD THIS :siren:

mothergently caress I moved away at the wrong time

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Fingers are crossed so loving tihgt right now, since the road trip fell through instantly.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
I am most assuredly going to that show. I might be able to let someone crash here in Brooklyn, I'll have to check what's going on that night.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Wait, why does everyone not like Red Rubber Ball? I think the song is awesome.

Of course The Troubador was my favorite song on the album so who knows.

Mysterious Aftertaste
May 20, 2004

So Marigold, my love, you've had too much to drink...

hedgecore posted:

10/9 at 8PM

yeah if this isn't recorded in some fashion i will have lost all faith in humanity

and red rubber ball is one of my favorite tracks

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS
Green Room Rockers and the Slackers in Lafayette, IN on Oct. 4th. And holy poo poo for once it's on a day that I am off so I can go :woop:

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
I guess I can try to film the Weezer show or something.

WATU last weekend was great. Went to the Jersey date (:love: Asbury Lanes) as well as the Philly date (:love: Govinda's).

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

CodfishCartographer posted:

Of course The Troubador was my favorite song on the album so who knows.

Because it is the best one :eng101:

Also, I am going to the gently caress out of that BtMI! Weezer show. What a hell of a first BtMI! show to pick :fap:

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Wow, Tip the Van's "new" single sounds kind of lovely and generic. I mean I was never a HUGE HUGE fan of them, but it sounds like Hot Topiccore

a fellow creative
Sep 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Cheesegod posted:

The video itself is really cool. I like it way better than their first two videos. The last one didn't even really have anything to do with the song.

Miley Cyrus is pretty much desperate to marry her hunky boyfriend, Liam Hemsworth.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Just got back from The OC Scholars reunion show, was very badass.

Oh, and their encore song was Never Gunna Give You Up. Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loldance
Nov 30, 2005

It's laundry day; I'm down to my priest outfit.
Hey Josh i wanted to talk to you about if were you were wanting to come down for The Fest? I can score you that free ticket. Is your e-mail address Wownirvana at yahoo? I could just call you buuuuuut

Also the Three Floors of Ska NY line-up is/was a total crapshoot, what happened!?

I wish i could put together a good Fest ska house show since i know a lot of people coming just for the Suicide Machines