Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KlementGottwald
Dec 24, 2009

by angerbot

Piano posted:

Not to mention the hatchback version looks quite a lot better. Pass.

The coupe is far more rigid, not to mention lighter. It's actually the better car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cop
Nov 14, 2007
http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/1964851507.html

ad posted:

dodge interpaid 2000 - $2500 (omaha NE)

stronge engine 6 slinder no need for much gas , just 40 dollars enough for >10 days
clean title. 160000 mile.
the best car in winter season no need for michanic works or electric.

I'm sure this is a well educated person.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life

GIMpy12 posted:

That would be in Uptown.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Cop posted:

But understands the < > signs :psyduck:

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

slidebite posted:

But understands the < > signs :psyduck:

You mean the Pac-Man Operators? Pac-Man always eats the bigger number. Any 3rd grader knows that.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

eddiewalker posted:

You mean the Pac-Man Operators? Pac-Man always eats the bigger number. Any 3rd grader knows that.

Yes, and it's an alligator. :colbert:

Point is he spells "stronge" but knows that.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

eddiewalker posted:

I'd love to see the Pac-Man analogy used on a class of modern third graders and see if it yields anything other than a sea of perplexed faces :v:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

slidebite posted:

Interpaid, what kind of car is that, not familiar with that model at all.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

rscott posted:

Interpaid, what kind of car is that, not familiar with that model at all.

Its the only kind with a 6 slinder

Cpaka
Jun 6, 2007

Click here for the full 1196x957 image.

Everything is perfect! Just needs control arms and the whole right side of the car replaced!

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
(replaces control arms)

"Why is one side of the car an inch higher than the other?"

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I can't imagine that car not having some kind of catastrophic frame damage.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Cpaka posted:

Everything is perfect! Just needs control arms and the whole right side of the car replaced!

Don't forget LOTS OF MODZZZ (which I find terribly surprising)

Cpaka
Jun 6, 2007

I'll try to remember to check in six months for a similar listing for a G35 that was planted into the highway divider.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I wonder if deals ever come out of car trade ads like that one, or worse, the ones that list nothing BUT trade suggestions without an asking price. I mean, I've never known anyone who traded a car for another car, and the sellers are really limiting their audience.

I'd much rather trade my car for money, then trade someone else money for their car.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
My brother does the trade thing but he does it without looking for anything in particular. He has owned everything from an Explorer with 38" tires to a late model Jaguar all by trading even up or trade plus less than $500 cash. He has had at least 20 cars in the last two years.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Your brother is that kid who got the Porsche Boxster?

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
No, he isn't that ambitious by a long shot. He just sees stuff that people are willing to trade and calls them up if he's interested. The worse they can say is no so it's no big deal. He has a reliable driver and a company vehicle so it's not like he's taking a big chance. A guy that works for me does something similar but he will put out cash if he sees something he can flip.

KlementGottwald
Dec 24, 2009

by angerbot

slidebite posted:

"Joey Jaws always eats the bigger Number"

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Cpaka posted:

Some bodywork? Yeah well it doesn't work that way. That car is at best an interior part-out and an engine/driveline donor.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Baby Hitler posted:

Some bodywork? Yeah well it doesn't work that way. That car is at best an interior part-out and an engine/driveline donor.

Ironically, he could probably get what he's asking out of it if he parted it out.

Brain Issues
Dec 16, 2004

lol

I'm thinking about buying this as a winter beater to save my miata from the midwest's salty roads as its rust free. Good idea or no? I can do most maintenance myself and other random things on cars like replacing drivetrain and suspension bits if needed.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Brain Issues posted:

I'm thinking about buying this as a winter beater to save my miata from the midwest's salty roads as its rust free. Good idea or no? I can do most maintenance myself and other random things on cars like replacing drivetrain and suspension bits if needed.

edit: Totally parsed that incorrectly.

Anyway, if it's in good shape, and you're looking for something to neglect, get something that isn't the least bit cool.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!

Brain Issues posted:

I have had 2 rabbits and a fox, so I would totally do it. They are really easy to work on for the most part.
They are so much fun to drive. Make sure you get a locking gas cap though. :doink:

Rogz
Jul 22, 2009

Mr booby head vagina man.
Only on AI would someone consider buying a MK1 GTI to save a Miata from rust.

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.
Every car needs a Mercedes grille.

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/cto/1962278936.html

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

This may be crazy, but I would totally buy this.
http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/1967150245.html

Click here for the full 1237x954 image.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Funzo posted:

oh man if only I had garage space

Brain Issues
Dec 16, 2004

lol

coltron4040 posted:

I have had 2 rabbits and a fox, so I would totally do it. They are really easy to work on for the most part.
They are so much fun to drive. Make sure you get a locking gas cap though. :doink:

Thanks for the encouragement :) and the tip about the gas cap.

Rogz posted:

Only on AI would someone consider buying a MK1 GTI to save a Miata from rust.

Hey, it sounds like a good idea to me! :D I'm going to go look at it today, hopefully. Im gonna just bring cash and throw him an offer of 500 bucks unless the rust is much worse than what hes describing.

Rogz
Jul 22, 2009

Mr booby head vagina man.
This isn't going to end like you think it will. I'm calling it now.

I predict a sordid love affair with a scabby old European hussy, while your Asian princess lays neglected and unloved.

rhombus
Apr 20, 2002

Cop posted:

This guy actually has something to teach to the EPA. They need to get away from the MPG standard and adopt his $/days measurement. It's finally something I can relate to!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Funzo posted:

Good luck getting the Kugelfischer running properly and finding someone that knows how to tune it.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

rhombus posted:

This guy actually has something to teach to the EPA. They need to get away from the MPG standard and adopt his $/days measurement. It's finally something I can relate to!

They do dollars/year.

Easychair Bootson
May 7, 2004

Where's the last guy?
Ultimo hombre.
Last man standing.
Must've been one.
"Ha," I laughed to myself. "Some guy listed his '99 4runner with 157k miles at almost twice the book value." Then I saw the clincher: "Needs Air Bags."

Click here for the full 1118x770 image.

Do other people email ridiculously overly-optimistic sellers just to mock them, or am I just an rear end in a top hat for wanting to?

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
I don't know if this is so much gold, as it is a :wth: But when trashy people are given nice things they inevitably gently caress them up. I guess they guessed wrong too, and now their engine is trash.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Gotta admit, I'd drive this. Not for anywhere near $1700 though. :smith:

quote:

This is a real nice 1977 AMC Gremlin....it does not run as it needs the water pump, fan and radiator replaced....it has a Ford 360 and auto tranny....was a manual tranny car...not sure of the original engine....comes with an extra set of seats as the original front and rear are in bad shape as well as the door panels.The original seats are a red vinyl and red plaid...the new seats and door panels are a light tan.Car also comes with a brand new set of custom made leaf springs to give it a steeper rake....has 14 inch chrome crager style rims....there is less than normal rust and parts are surprisingly easy to find.$1700 or best offer....if interested please call 403-524-4278 and PLEASE leave a message...we'll call you back.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Also, I would love this even if just for the "What the hell is it?" factor.

quote:

This Mazda 808 is all original, interior has no damage and is in immaculate condition. The engine has had the bottom end rebuilt, new main and connecting rod bearings. New coolant, all fluids serviced.
The color is a Dark Custard Yellow with Black Striping.
I want to sell it to a responsible individual/enthusiast who would like to build this car and not someone who will run it into the ground.
Very little rust. All the tires are 95%. Even has original spare tire in the trunk.
The price is 3500 Or Best Offer. Call for more Info

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

slidebite posted:

Gotta admit, I'd drive this. Not for anywhere near $1700 though. :smith:

OK so just why in the hell would you swap in a Ford motor when the AMC motor of the same displacement would just drop in?

Also, manual to auto swap.

KlementGottwald
Dec 24, 2009

by angerbot

slidebite posted:

Also, I would love this even if just for the "What the hell is it?" factor.

This is really cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.