Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

slidebite posted:

Also, I would love this even if just for the "What the hell is it?" factor.

I love these because you can get a nice one for way cheaper than an RX-3 and its the exact same car except the engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

14 INCH DICK TURBO posted:

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Your next project?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

KozmoNaut posted:

Your next project?

God I hope so.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

KozmoNaut posted:

Your next project?

Gettin' drunk at parades.

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A chump and a hoagie going buck wild

KozmoNaut posted:

Your next project?

Put a 'busa in it.

Swordfish
Aug 15, 2001

No jpg, as im posting from my iPad, but this may be actual gold.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1951750767.html

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Swordfish posted:

No jpg, as im posting from my iPad, but this may be actual gold.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1951750767.html

Here you go.

Up for sale is a 1987 Mercedes Benz 190e 16v Cosworth edition. This car was built by mercedes along with the help and vision of Cosworth himself in order to compete with the E30 M3. The 2.3l 16v 4cyl makes 200 hp and is super rev happy. Also these cars came with a cosworth designed body kit and a recaro designed interior. This car would be amazing with a little work put into it.

The previous owner (a friend of mine disassembled the mechanical fuel injection in anticipation of installing Megasquirt but never completed it. All the parts are in the car, they just need to be hooked back up. The car ran flawlessly before the disassembly.

The interior is in very good condition and is all there with the exception of the three gauge cluster, the speedometer and the shift knob. The only other thing missing from the car is the rear differential. The transmission is the coveted dog leg racing unit and shifts like butter. The exterior is all there but needs to be painted. There are two areas that need to be addressed for rust issues: one is on the lip of the trunk area and the other is on the bottom side of the passenger door. I have many more pictures that I will happily send out upon request.

My friend also installed an H&R Cup Kit suspension that has less than 2 miles on it now. This would make an awesome car with little money added and just some time put in. I am asking 1500 or best offer and am located in Corpus Christi, TX. I will also entertain partial trades for off-shore/ surf fishing equipment. You can reach me @ with any questions or offers.

TylerC 2.0
Jan 22, 2010

GroovinPickle posted:

Do other people email ridiculously overly-optimistic sellers just to mock them, or am I just an rear end in a top hat for wanting to?

Often, here's the last one regarding a $4200 Ninja 250 with 5k miles and a kid rider-
ME:
They cost under $4000 brand new. Are you a loving idiot or hoping to find someone that is?

richard tran
to me
Sep 21 (5 days ago)

MSRP is at $4000, you're looking at driving out of a dealer store around $4700. For the low mileage, great condition, and modifications its not too bad. But yeah, i just put it a little on the high side so people would bargain a little and think they're gonna get a great deal.. but i'm looking to sell around $3,800. Its really rude to curse out someone you don't even know. But all is forgiven as Christ forgave us! :) have a blessed day Tyler.

I just let that one be..

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

TylerC 2.0 posted:

Often, here's the last one regarding a $4200 Ninja 250 with 5k miles and a kid rider-
ME:
They cost under $4000 brand new. Are you a loving idiot or hoping to find someone that is?

richard tran
to me
Sep 21 (5 days ago)

MSRP is at $4000, you're looking at driving out of a dealer store around $4700. For the low mileage, great condition, and modifications its not too bad. But yeah, i just put it a little on the high side so people would bargain a little and think they're gonna get a great deal.. but i'm looking to sell around $3,800. Its really rude to curse out someone you don't even know. But all is forgiven as Christ forgave us! :) have a blessed day Tyler.

I just let that one be..

Congratulations internet tough guy / price police.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Bolkovr posted:

Put a 'busa in it.

How long a burnout could you do with solid rubber tires?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

VideoTapir posted:

How long a burnout could you do with solid rubber tires?

I would not be that surprised to find that there is already an answer to this on youtube somewhere.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!

TylerC 2.0 posted:

ME:

richard tran
to me
Sep 21 (5 days ago)

I just let that one be..

I did a similar thing (it might be earlier in this thread) where I contacted a guy to tell him he was being insane. He posted another Craigslist ad saying I had a Porsche 959 for sale for like $5,000, using my e-mail address. When I got like 20 e-mails in a half hour, I figured out what was up. :saddowns:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Moruitelda posted:

I did a similar thing (it might be earlier in this thread) where I contacted a guy to tell him he was being insane. He posted another Craigslist ad saying I had a Porsche 959 for sale for like $5,000, using my e-mail address. When I got like 20 e-mails in a half hour, I figured out what was up. :saddowns:

:lol::lol:

That is amazing retaliation.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet Jesus. All cop cars should be like this.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1975316832.html

Swordfish
Aug 15, 2001

Kylie Sven Opossum posted:

Here you go.

Up for sale is a 1987 Mercedes Benz 190e 16v Cosworth edition. This car was built by mercedes along with the help and vision of Cosworth himself in order to compete with the E30 M3. The 2.3l 16v 4cyl makes 200 hp and is super rev happy. Also these cars came with a cosworth designed body kit and a recaro designed interior. This car would be amazing with a little work put into it.

Please help, tell me what a waste of time this would be, I can't stop thinking about it.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!

Senf posted:

Sweet Jesus. All cop cars should be like this.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1975316832.html

What, sitting on ugly wheels? Replace it with the right size steelies with stainless center caps and I'm in.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Just surprised to see something in such good shape in rusty PA

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

No ballers.

Also, who the hell puts a pick of vehicle abuse in a for sale ad?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

angryhampster posted:

It's a really awesome picture

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

angryhampster posted:

No ballers.

Is that photo just terribly compressed, or is the tyre smoke in that shot photoshopped?

SPiTZ
Aug 9, 2004

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Is that photo just terribly compressed, or is the tyre smoke in that shot photoshopped?

You'd think that rear rim would be a bit blurred as well.

Cyberpope v2
Oct 26, 2002

by Lowtax
You've heard of hard parking? Well that's HARDEST parking.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Actual gold or a kick in the nuts waiting to happen? Talked to the owner and it apparently runs but the gas mileage blows. And it's in my snack bracket.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
So I see you're going back in time, make it a proto-froot truck!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Actual gold or a kick in the nuts waiting to happen? Talked to the owner and it apparently runs but the gas mileage blows. And it's in my snack bracket.

Gold. Nothing on that truck that can't be repaired with a coathanger, duct tape and a flathead screwdriver.

It reminds me of our truck when I was a kid, except ours had a slant 6. And was a Fargo.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Get it, Dodge trucks last forever if they don't rust. Just check parts availability first.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Kylie Sven Opossum posted:

Just check parts availability first.

You ever try to find an original uncracked dash pad for a '67 VW Fastback?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

You ever try to find an original uncracked dash pad for a '67 VW Fastback?

I mean for poo poo like brakes, carb rebuild kits and stuff to keep it running. That's an old 318 and I think is a lot different from the newer one that we all know and love.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Good point, I just kind of figured that whatever my parts suppliers can't get to me I can find online. It's not like it's a Tucker.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
World Pac has everything, and if they don't maybe RockAuto or a model specific place can. I have so little issue with getting stuff for my Daihatsus that people don't believe me at all when I say I can get an axle in the same time as for an 89 Accord.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
There are no words...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Grimster
May 15, 2004

you suck

The gas mileage blows? Tell me this doesn't surprise you? Or does he mean LOW single digit mpg rather than high single digit?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Well I have about a 40-50 mile a day round trip commute at the moment with a lot of stop and go, so it was something to consider.

Grimster
May 15, 2004

you suck

Well I have about a 40-50 mile a day round trip commute at the moment with a lot of stop and go, so it was something to consider.

You'd seriously consider a commuting with a nearly middle of the last century Chrysler V8 drivetrain?

Now if you could find a Feather Duster that'd rock your commute.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc

M4rg4r1ne posted:

There are no words...

Offer to take it off his hands if he will pay you $200.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

My 87 with a carbed 318 gets 6 pulling 3000lbs of landscaping equipment. Not that its the same engine but being the same size its probably similar in fuel mileage. That one probably gets 9-10.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
Is the RADL signal needed? No title TT RX7 & a 240 Z for 4900.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/1982714366.html

Click here for the full 655x663 image.

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn

extreme_accordion posted:

Is the RADL signal needed? No title TT RX7 & a 240 Z for 4900.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/1982714366.html

Click here for the full 655x663 image.

Nope, no signal needed. It's always interesting to see people swap rotaries into non rotary vehicles. My dream is to see a NA 12A powered classic Camaro, nicknamed "Abomination" or "NO WHY DID YOU DO THAT???" After staring at it for 20 minutes, and maybe trying to drive it, I would loudly demand that the owner undo what he has done.

I have elaborate fantasies.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009

Ericadia posted:

Nope, no signal needed. It's always interesting to see people swap rotaries into non rotary vehicles. My dream is to see a NA 12A powered classic Camaro, nicknamed "Abomination" or "NO WHY DID YOU DO THAT???" After staring at it for 20 minutes, and maybe trying to drive it, I would loudly demand that the owner undo what he has done.

Well I couldn't see doing the swap. It makes no sense. I'd part out the RX7 as much as a I could and then build up the Z into something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Ericadia posted:

Mine was pretty much the same but an air cooled flat four in the trunk of a '69 SS/RS powering the front wheels via torque tube.