Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Oi, there's nothing wrong with Peep Show series 4. Sure it got a bit silly at times, but it is a sitcom. Even though The Inbetweeners strikes a chord with those of us who remember being a bit like that at school, it's not meant to be entirely realistic.

And I absolutely wet myself at Jay crashing the bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
Okay, okay, having slept on it a little I thought that the aforementioned Jay crashing the bike and the sudden "there are some things you can't say" bits were great.

It's just that I really think they went too far with Will this time, I know that the point of his character is that he says the wrong thing then is too stubborn to back down about it but in last night's episode he was simply a massive twat and I didn't get any sort of entertainment out of watching it.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Irisi posted:

So here I am, fully prepared for an hours' worth of period drama stodge from ITV in the shape of Downton Abbey. The nights are drawing in, I had chocolate, and Maggie Smith had donned her corsets in order to entertain the nation, oh happy day. (Look, I'm female, I'm allowed to enjoy this sort of thing, okay?)

Except I live in Scotland, where STV -in their infinite wisdon- has decided to show a repeat of some Billy Connelly bollocks from a year ago instead.

This was the one thing ITV has done in the past five years that I have actually wanted to watch. I really do wish they'd all stop playing silly buggers with the programmes in this manner.

Send them an angry email

Viewer Enquiries:
Telephone:
0141 300 3704
E-mail:
yourview@stv.tv

lewi
Sep 3, 2006
King

Adrianics posted:

Okay, okay, having slept on it a little I thought that the aforementioned Jay crashing the bike and the sudden "there are some things you can't say" bits were great.

It's just that I really think they went too far with Will this time, I know that the point of his character is that he says the wrong thing then is too stubborn to back down about it but in last night's episode he was simply a massive twat and I didn't get any sort of entertainment out of watching it.

I think you're being a bit harsh - being set up with a clingy giantess isn't my idea of fun, and he didn't know that her dad had died recently.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Jay crashing his bike was the highlight of the episode for sure, but I can't really remember much else, other than the big girl crying at the end. This is either because it was unmemorable, or because I was drunk, maybe even a subtle fusion of both.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

lewi posted:

I think you're being a bit harsh - being set up with a clingy giantess isn't my idea of fun, and he didn't know that her dad had died recently.

Yeah but then after finding out her dad had died he kept insisting that he'd done nothing wrong and started yelling about blowjobs. Plus he'd spent the whole episode acting like a dickhead in general when usually Will at the very least tries to act polite in bad situations.

What it basically boils down to is that the tall girl came across as nice enough if a little dull and I'd much rather hang out with her than with Will, who was acting the twat for no good reason.

Adrianics fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Sep 28, 2010

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I was on my way home on the bus and on the little TVs in there BBC news was reporting on a hard-hitting expose of the corrupt car wash industry.

Apparantly some car washes don't put waste water where it should go, and some even employ :argh: illegal immigrants :argh:

There was a guy on there who I can only assume was a Mr. C. W. Regulation as the only caption he had was "Car Wash Regulation" (perhaps one of the greatest examples of nominative determinism ever). He was talking about how automatic carwashes are infinitely preferable as not only "Do you know what you're getting, but also where you're getting it from"

It might be potentially worth ensuring nobody has a job rather than the possibility that an immigrant might take one that was on offer, apparantly.

I would say it was a slow news day but on the ticker there was a breaking story about Israel storming yet another activist boat. The expose wasn't interrupted, though.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

To be fair, alot of them also employ asylum seekers as well, not just illegal immigrants.

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

If you have a problem.....

Dell_Zincht posted:

My girlfriend had to tell me to shut up because I was laughing too hard at that.

But I agree that the episodes are starting to get less funny as it goes on, it's almost like their trying too hard.

:edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch-BF2QXAQU

"I presume you want to stop?"

"Maybe" *wink*

I love that line and the wink

keveh fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Sep 28, 2010

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Dell_Zincht posted:

Oi, there's nothing wrong with Peep Show series 4. Sure it got a bit silly at times, but it is a sitcom. Even though The Inbetweeners strikes a chord with those of us who remember being a bit like that at school, it's not meant to be entirely realistic.

Peep Show series 4, for all it's silliness, is entirely redeemed by the line "There are many things I'd do for you, Jeremy, but digging a hole in the wintery earth with my bare hands to bury the corpse of a dog you killed is not one of them."

I can't even read it without laughing out loud. I get to "corpse" and crack up.

On the topic of Peep Show, Matt King (Superhans) tweeted recently that series 7 starts November 26th. :)

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006
The Apprentice is back next Wednesday. Dara O' Briain is hosting You're Fired! :D

View candidates here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Inbetweeners, loving hell Will. That was one of the most painful moments in the program since the man poo poo himself.

It was good though. Just a really cringe worthy TV moment.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I couldn't find it cringeworthy because it was so contrived; it just felt entirely manufactured for comedy and not really true at all,

And I spend the entire running time of most episodes curled up in an awkward ball as they make tits out of themselves.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

What I loved about Will this week was how you could actually understand what he was trying to do. She read too much into their one kiss and he called the not-a-relationship off even when she was offering him a blowjob. He was being the bigger man, acting morally, he didn't deserve to be vilified for it. Yeah, her dad died, that wasn't his fault and he didn't know, he can't be blamed.

There's logic behind it, and it very nearly sounds like a reasonable argument, which makes the train wreck so much funnier than his rant about the fashion show, which was just him being a prick.

FightingMongoose
Oct 19, 2006
Also Will was probably drunk at the time.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Strom Cuzewon posted:

What I loved about Will this week was how you could actually understand what he was trying to do. She read too much into their one kiss and he called the not-a-relationship off even when she was offering him a blowjob. He was being the bigger man, acting morally, he didn't deserve to be vilified for it. Yeah, her dad died, that wasn't his fault and he didn't know, he can't be blamed.

There's logic behind it, and it very nearly sounds like a reasonable argument, which makes the train wreck so much funnier than his rant about the fashion show, which was just him being a prick.

This is fine but you are ignoring literally everything he did after he found out that her dad had died ("it's not really relevant", yelling at everyone about blowjobs, etc). I'm not calling him a villain because he picked a bad way to get rid of a clingy girl he didn't find attractive cause we've all been there, my point is that he was being a particularly awful bastard about it.

The fashion show episode for me is by far the best of this series, and I didn't mind Will's stubborn refusal to get involved in it because lots of teenagers put far too much stock into their political or personal opinions, so that's fine. Plus in that episode I loved the scene between him and Mr Gilbert, who is awesome and I sometimes wish the show was about him instead.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Oh yeah, I agree he's an utter bastard. But you can at least see his demented reasoning behind getting angry and shouting. Which I much prefer to "Blah bleh good looking people suck"

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.

seregrail7 posted:

The Apprentice is back next Wednesday. Dara O' Briain is hosting You're Fired! :D

YES!!!!

Wisp
May 17, 2010

seregrail7 posted:

quote:

Alex Epstein
Credits himself with originally conceiving the bendy bus

Career: Unemployed Head of Communications
Hometown: Manchester

Describes himself as "unconventional"

I bet this is the one cocky guy who charges headfirst into the first challenge as project leader and inevitably crashes and burns and blames everyone else.

slotbadger
Jul 19, 2007
hey deadhead - take a bite of peach.

MannerlyHighbrow posted:

I bet this is the one cocky guy who charges headfirst into the first challenge as project leader and inevitably crashes and burns and blames everyone else.
He is a liar. I invented the bendy-bus.

I hate pretty much all the Apprentice candidates already. Looking forward to next Wednesday!

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The thing I hate most about Will is that every comment out of his mouth tends to be sarcastic and patronising. If I met him in real life it wouldn't take me long before I would want to hit him.

TheVertigoOfBliss
Jan 29, 2007
Yeah i dont get the hate for Will for this episode in particular?

Will is basically a bit of an arse but he basically did the 'right' thing in this episode.

Simon on the other hand is an utter toolkit who has no redeeming features.

Jay is really the only thing thats funny about the show any more (other than Greg Davies but he gets about 2 lines per ep.)

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/series6/stuart-baggs.shtml <- I see now way in which this guy can fail to be a colossal prick.

Neris
Mar 7, 2004

don't you dare use the word 'party' as a verb in this shop

TheVertigoOfBliss posted:

Simon on the other hand is an utter toolkit who has no redeeming features.

Uhh I think you're forgetting his amazing hair :v:

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Found Ask Rhod Gilbert pretty funny, despite the whole premise being pretty much pointless. That, Him and Her and Inbetweeners made for good comedy telly during dinner tonight, although I agree about the negative things that have been said about Inbetweeners. Him and Her is really getting into its stride.

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009

eating only apples posted:

On the topic of Peep Show, Matt King (Superhans) tweeted recently that series 7 starts November 26th. :)

I wonder if that means that the series will end with a lonely and depressing christmas special. Maybe with a hint of happiness at Mark and Jeremy inevitably spending their depressing lonely time together as always.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

The Perfect Element posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/series6/stuart-baggs.shtml <- I see now way in which this guy can fail to be a colossal prick.

This guy is 100% pure strain Alan Partridge

lionlegs
Feb 16, 2005
Ask me about my lego spheres!

Dell_Zincht posted:

Oi, there's nothing wrong with Peep Show series 4. Sure it got a bit silly at times, but it is a sitcom.

Don't know about that; I think "Eat the dog" is an even more apt phrase than "Jump the shark".

(It has got better since then though).

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!

MannerlyHighbrow posted:

Career: Unemployed Head of Communications

How the gently caress can you be an 'unemployed head of communications'?

You were a head of communications. You are now unemployed. Therefore, no longer a head of anything. QED.

I loving hate this. I was made redundant a month ago but I don't go around calling myself an 'unemployed production assistant'.

Fyuz
Dec 15, 2004

kru posted:

This guy is 100% pure strain Alan Partridge

Haha the bit about being alive while others have died was amazing. As well as 'Yes I want to have money, and then help others.......when appropriate'.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Scientology is awfully strange.
This documentary is good however.
Dudes are crackers.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Hi, I've come to apply for the doctor's job. I can assure you my credentials are top-notch, I've just graduated from Harvard College Yale. I aced every semester, and I got an 'A'.
Raleigh Addlington sounds like a English character on an American soap opera

My favourite quote is either;

"My first word wasn't mummy...it was money"- Shibby Robati
Or
"I'm ruthless, even in monopoly"- Raleigh Addlington

fish fingers
Jun 25, 2008
This Is England 86 was fantastic

Combo :smith:

e: whoops didn't see that thread

fish fingers fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Sep 28, 2010

TheVertigoOfBliss
Jan 29, 2007

Gram-O-Phone posted:

How the gently caress can you be an 'unemployed head of communications'?

You were a head of communications. You are now unemployed. Therefore, no longer a head of anything. QED.

I loving hate this. I was made redundant a month ago but I don't go around calling myself an 'unemployed production assistant'.

Shut up, im a currently unemployed astronaut.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
MMAAAAASSSSSSSSSTTEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

CCCCHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFF

It makes me hungry. They may be professionals, but some of them aren't half poo poo.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)
I loving love the ridiculous setup and style of "The Cube" and I don't care who knows it.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

I watched last weeks cube, I like the aspect of 'i could easily do that' to the point that me and friend tried to recreate some of the challenges in our living room. Although beyond that I really like the dumb special effects punctuated by philip schofield semi-encouraging failure.

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009

Fatkraken posted:

MMAAAAASSSSSSSSSTTEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

CCCCHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFF

It makes me hungry. They may be professionals, but some of them aren't half poo poo.

I really like the various editions of Masterchef, and I think that the pro one might be my favourite. The standards are a bit higher so you get less people going through because they "tried hard" or are "more interesting". It helps that I can cope with Greg Wallace but the other normal bloke does my loving head in.

It keeps up the fun pace with some fairly meaningful challenges, well apart from the generally pointless work experience bit. Last year's professional version was good because they were really flexible on how many people went through each round, I hope they keep that up this year.

Not that I'd ever bother iplaying an episode I'd missed or anything, it's just great when it's on, which is most nights.

All that said, as far as kitchen based shows go, I'd sacrifice all of them to dead deities if it meant we got some new UK Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares. There's only so many times I can watch the old ones over and over again, and the American ones are poo poo.

TheVertigoOfBliss
Jan 29, 2007
From the first two episodes of masterchef it would seem spending a few weeks working in burger king qualifies you as a professional.

Not even some, but most of them seem totally clueless.

I was glued to the last series of masterchef australia, great tele.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
I would punch someone who spoke to me like that in about 5 minutes. No career as a chef for me guess :(