Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkCompanion
Oct 27, 2007

by T. Finn
You know, the one thing I never ever got. Why does Babu blame everything on Jerry? I mean, the whole incident gets used against him in a court of law during a trial that lands him in prison. Where does Babu get off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

DarkCompanion posted:

You know, the one thing I never ever got. Why does Babu blame everything on Jerry? I mean, the whole incident gets used against him in a court of law during a trial that lands him in prison. Where does Babu get off?

Yeah I always thought Babu was kind of a prick.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Jingleheimer posted:

I love how George of all people calls that guy a pinhead.

WHAT IF A PINHEAD SHOWS UP?! I GOTTA BE ON TOP OF THAT!

Cacahuate
Feb 21, 2007
OMG! (•_•) You are a peanut!

Evil Agita posted:

Yeah I always thought Babu was kind of a prick.

Well... Jerry, a stand-up comedian, did give Babu, a restaurant owner, some advice on how yo run his restaurant. I think that's illegal, at least in NY.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

T. Finn posted:

I love how she calls Jerry "Jerome", which is Jerry's real name
Good night, Jugdish!

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

He just put the kibosh on me, do you know what the kibosh means, it's a kibosh!

Cacahuate posted:

Well... Jerry, a stand-up comedian, did give Babu, a restaurant owner, some advice on how yo run his restaurant. I think that's illegal, at least in NY.

Jerry: Oh, Babu? Babu... you know, I've got to tell you, I never do this, but the shrimp... it's just that it's a little stringy. Do you have any chicken?

Babu: ...the shrimp is stringy?

Jerry: Well, maybe your refrigerator-

Babu: QUIET!!

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

DarkCompanion posted:

You can't really think about the logic of the trial too closely. Neither the charges themselves (failure to intervene against an armed robber) nor the prosecution's plan (to establish them as pricks) would ever fly in the real world.

bruckner
Sep 11, 2010
Not sure if you've seen this video in the youtube thread, but I think it's so hilarious. It belongs in this thread.

seinfeld inception parody trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iovzq4y9drU

Regarding the finale, I think it's the PERFECT idea for the closure of the series to have the characters stand trial for being selfish. However, the execution was boring. It just wasn't funny to hear each story from each of seinfeld/george's enemies. It would have been better to see jackie childs talk more, perhaps argue with the other lawyer, and have the seinfeld gang called to the stand. It just wasn't that interesting.

bruckner fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Sep 27, 2010

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
I thought the thing you said about the sex not being simulated...
...That was really funny.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Went on a little Seinfeld binge this weekend; it had been way too long since I had actually sat down and watched some episodes. Truly one the best TV shows ever made.

To share a personal anecdote with fellow Seinfeld fans: I watched the show pretty much from season 2 on, even though as a kid I didn't catch everything. I can still remember watching "The Contest" live as it aired and my dad just howling with laughter.

Anyway, a local Disc Jockey store was having it's yearly auction of random autographed stuff sometime around Christmas of '94. My dad won an autographed "Seinfeld" script with signatures from the four main characters. The episode? The Switch. I've done a lot of searching to try and figure out if I have everything in order, and so I'm not 100 percent on the timeline, but I do know this: we had that autographed script in our house BEFORE the episode aired (1/5/95). At the very end of the script, Kramer's first name is replaced by asterisks, except for the VERY last line: "Cosmo?" So we knew his first name (or were about 95% sure...the asterisks still threw us off until it aired) beforehand. I always thought that was really, really cool, and a great example of why I loved my dad and his sense of humor.

Plus, I will forever have an autographed copy of the script of "The Switch." I can only hope my kids and grandkids will realize how nice a piece of history they have.

In fact, I'm gonna see if I can hunt it down tomorrow after work and take pics of the front and the final page with the asterisks.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I DON'T WANT A MOVIE HOTDOG, I WANT A PAPAYA KING HOTDOG!

Invis
Apr 26, 2010
Oh Moses smell the roses!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I was watching the episode where Elaine, Kramer and Newman decide to rub out the dog. I love the shot of Kramer sleeping and then the look into his dream where he is dressed as a boy from the Tom Sawyer era with the dog attacking him. I wish I could find a video of it.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.
Found here.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Magic Love Hose posted:

Found here.

Is that a.... titleist.... :aaa:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

But I thought Kramer was Batman!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Lord Hydronium posted:

But I thought Kramer was Batman!

Nope.

He's Kramer.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

mojo1701a posted:

Nope.

He's Kramer.

He's COSMO!!!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
He's Cosmo Kramer... THE ASSMAN!

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
I'm not happy, I'm not lucky, and I don't go.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
A friend of mine caught two frogs and asked for suggestions of what to name them, and without even thinking about it, I said "Snoopy and Prickly Pete." My memories of this show have permanently lodged themselves in my brain and I think my life is better because of it.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

BIG STEIN WANTS AN EGGPLANT CALZONE!

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Now, where's that toolshed of yours?

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer
Just watched The Secret Code. What a good episode.

Bosco...

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

Konec Hry posted:

Bosco...

"But what tempts you? You're a portly fellow. A bit long in the waistband. So what's your pleasure? Is it the salty snacks you crave? No no no no...Yours is a sweet tooth. Oh, you may stray, but you'll always return to your dark master...The cocoa bean! And only the purest syrup nectar can satisfy you. If you could, you'd guzzle it by the gallon... Ovaltine!? Hershey's!? Nestle's Quick!?"

God, do I love that monologue.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I've been teaching English to elementary school kids in Japan. I always start off the class with a big "Heeeellloooo." I only just realized that I've been doing the voice.

Now they're doing it too.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
Sweet fancy Moses!

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Dr_Amazing posted:

I've been teaching English to elementary school kids in Japan. I always start off the class with a big "Heeeellloooo." I only just realized that I've been doing the voice.

Next lesson bring in a big bag of oranges for the class to share. They're rare there.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This is one of my favorite scenes (in a great episode).

% Jerry and George talking in Jerry's room.
George: Did she do it on purpose?
Jerry: It was my fault, I told her the wrong door.
George: I was supposed to see her. She wasn't supposed to see me.
Jerry: So what?
George: Well ordinarily I wouldn't mind. But...
Jerry: But...
George: Well I just got back from swimming in the pool. And the water was
cold...
Jerry: Oh... You mean... shrinkage.
George: Yes. Significant shrinkage!
Jerry: So you feel you were short changed.
George: Yes! I mean, if she thinks that's me she's under a complete
misapprehension. That was not me, Jerry. That was not me.
Jerry: Well, so what's the difference?
George: What if she discusses it with Jane?
Jerry: Oh, she's not gonna tell Jane.
George: How do you know?
Jerry: Women aren't like us.
George: They're worse! They're much worse than us, they talk about
everything! Couldn't you at least tell her about the shrinkage factor?
Jerry: No, I'm not gonna tell her about your shrinkage. Besides, I think
women know about shrinkage.
George: How do women know about shrinkage? (They see Elaine walking down
the hall) Elaine! Get! (She enters) Do women know about shrinkage?
Elaine: What do you mean, like laundry?
George: No.
Jerry: Like when a man goes swimming... afterwards...
Elaine: It shrinks?
Jerry: Like a frightened turtle!
Elaine: Why does it shrink?
George: It just does.
Elaine: I don't know how you guys walk around with those things

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Dr_Amazing posted:

A friend of mine taught English in Spain last year, and boasted on Facebook that she got her entire class to say, "These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker

El Negocio posted:

Next lesson bring in a big bag of oranges for the class to share. They're rare there.

I did a presentation on Japan in high school and you better believe I brought in oranges as my cultural reference for extra credit.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Awhile ago there was a question about when Elaine transitioned from "big hair" to "hot 90s" and I think it's right around the Shrinkage episode.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I remember when the shrinkage episode aired. It was talked about all the next week. Kids saying "shrinkage" at every opportunity.

The cultural impact of that show was immense.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

El Negocio posted:

Dr_Amazing didn't think of this because he's forgotten what it's like... to have no oranges.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

precision posted:

Awhile ago there was a question about when Elaine transitioned from "big hair" to "hot 90s" and I think it's right around the Shrinkage episode.

Is that when she became breathtaking?

Konec Hry posted:

Bosco...

I've never seen an ATM with letters on the number pad and I've never heard of anyone with a non-numeric PIN either. Was this ever a feasible event?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Is that when she became breathtaking?

I've never seen an ATM with letters on the number pad and I've never heard of anyone with a non-numeric PIN either. Was this ever a feasible event?

You treat the numbers like a dial phone, so bosco would be 2676.

Edit: "MY GOD MAN! GIVE HIM YOUR CODE!"

"A short, rotund man... he killed my mother?"

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Rusty Shackelford posted:

I've never used an ATM that didn't have letters on it like a phone's keypad.

Edit:

"George, you're obviously lying, anyone can see that!"

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
Jerry's exclamations are the best:

"Oh help me Rhonda!"
"Great day in the morning!"
"Oh Moses smell the roses!"

Crimsonjewfro
Jul 12, 2008

I can't even afford an avatar
"I don't have a square to spare. Can't spare a square."

"The Stall" was on here yesterday. I didn't see it get mentioned here, but drat, between Kramer's phone sex addiction, George's mancrush on "mimbo", proto-bro Tony (Jerry even pops up his collar to mock him) and Elaine's revenge, I don't think there's a single unfunny moment in that episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Karl Rove posted:

Jerry's exclamations are the best:

"Oh help me Rhonda!"
"Great day in the morning!"
"Oh Moses smell the roses!"

"Boutros Boutros-Ghali!"