Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

loldance posted:

I wish i could put together a good Fest ska house show since i know a lot of people coming just for the Suicide Machines

Aren't they cutting down on house shows this year? After last year's incidents, that is. And yes, The Suicide Machines are gonna be nuts. You can spot me as the tall, skinny, scruffy dude in cutoffs. Wait, that's not specific at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
News for the BTMI! Weezer show:

http://bombthemusicindustry.tumblr.com/post/1198716071/bomb-the-music-industry-blue-album-pinkerton

They are taking advance reservations for the show since it's at the Silent Barn and can't fit all the people who said they would come on Facebook. Email silentbarn@gmail.com for tickets, only 150 are available.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!

loldance posted:

Hey Josh i wanted to talk to you about if were you were wanting to come down for The Fest? I can score you that free ticket. Is your e-mail address Wownirvana at yahoo? I could just call you buuuuuut

I'm gonna try and come fo sho. I got a real job (at a brewery) and I'm still in my probationary period so I need to talk to my boss and find out how many days I can take off. If I come down I'll bring a couple cases of beer in exchange for the ticket/cause beer is awesome.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

lessthankyle posted:

News for the BTMI! Weezer show:

http://bombthemusicindustry.tumblr.com/post/1198716071/bomb-the-music-industry-blue-album-pinkerton

They are taking advance reservations for the show since it's at the Silent Barn and can't fit all the people who said they would come on Facebook. Email silentbarn@gmail.com for tickets, only 150 are available.

Sent :ohdear:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Sent :ohdear:

Motherfucker you record this. YOU RECORD THIS.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
If I can get a hold of a mic for my camera, I'm all over recording it. I might be able to rent one for the night.

Edit: Got a ticket. Woo! And apparently they added a Sunday show as well to handle overflow but it filled right up. This is going to be insane.

lessthankyle fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 28, 2010

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA going to The Fest. Suicide Machines bitches. Michelle gimme a call sometime this weekend or I'll try and call you. I'll probably be drunk all weeekend cause I've got a bunch of beer poo poo going on woo so I'll be up retarded hours. Or you can call me before 10pm on wed/thur since I have to get up stupid early for work.

Also just saw BTMI is playing in Athens on Thursday before the Fest so I have to go to that then wake up rear end early the next day to drive to Gainesville. lovely.

Josh Wow fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Sep 29, 2010

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

lessthankyle posted:

If I can get a hold of a mic for my camera, I'm all over recording it. I might be able to rent one for the night.

Edit: Got a ticket. Woo! And apparently they added a Sunday show as well to handle overflow but it filled right up. This is going to be insane.

So if you got a ticket the would've responded to your email? If so drat it.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat

Mollymauk posted:

So if you got a ticket the would've responded to your email? If so drat it.

It might take a while. The guy who runs Silent Barn is personally responding to each request. They may have just noticed they already got 300+ emails and knew it was going to be sold out. It took me about a day to get mine and I sent my email a few minutes after Jeff posted about it.

loldance
Nov 30, 2005

It's laundry day; I'm down to my priest outfit.

gerfatty posted:

Aren't they cutting down on house shows this year? After last year's incidents, that is. And yes, The Suicide Machines are gonna be nuts. You can spot me as the tall, skinny, scruffy dude in cutoffs. Wait, that's not specific at all.

Well, i think enough will happen but the cops are all in a tiff about last year (that stuff was sooo retarded, i was at the Bomb! show) so they'll be out on a mission to bust them up. There could be a warehouse show because that place is out in the middle of nowhere. I'm all for the u-haul rental though, if you were at fest for that Paint It Black after-show. But yeah, Suicide Machines! I'm so excited!

Josh, i sent you an e-mail but i'll be calling you sometime!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm still waiting for my Silent Barn confirmation e-mail :ohdear:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I got a spot reserved for the Weezer show :woop:

It's the Sunday show and I can't go :(

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS
So got to see the Slackers for the first time last night and had a blast. Other the 2 chicks wanting to get in a fight durring one of my favorite songs (Married Girl) it was a wonderful night. We got 2 encores and they seemed to just be having a good time.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
If you go to https://www.lessthanjake.com they've got a video that's the entire TV EP streaming. It's so goddamn fun.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
The LTJ thing pisses me off because they haven't even toured in Nebraska since I was in high school. It almosts pisses me off as much as Zebrahead is touring with them in Europe, and Zebrahead hasn't even been in America for a full tour in over 2 years since Matty had throat surgery.

Dammit, I would kill for a LTJ/Zebrahead tour in America. Dammit Matty, I live in your hometown!

I did see a Home Grown/RX Bandits/Zebrahead/Goldfinger/Reel Big Fish show though once. Oh the good times.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
Wow how did I totally not know until today that the Toasters did all the music for KaBlam back in the 90s

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Derpes Simplex posted:

Wow how did I totally not know until today that the Toasters did all the music for KaBlam back in the 90s

What, really?

Seriously, Two Tone Army was the theme, at least the instrumental was.

namu.
Sep 10, 2004

Jackhammer Enthusiast.

Backno posted:

So got to see the Slackers for the first time last night and had a blast. Other the 2 chicks wanting to get in a fight durring one of my favorite songs (Married Girl) it was a wonderful night. We got 2 encores and they seemed to just be having a good time.

When was the last time they were in the Midwest?

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Dickeye posted:

What, really?

Seriously, Two Tone Army was the theme, at least the instrumental was.

And I think DLTBGYD was what they played for showing what was coming up.

edit: pretty sure Skaternity was in there somewhere also

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
Didn't get a chance to report back last night, but holy poo poo was BTMI's Weezer show fun. The venue was great and had interesting risers and different levels set up to watch from. Can't wait for the recording to come out. I'd be interesting in contacting the guy at the venue to see if he could help collect any videos taken.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

If it's unclear, that's a bunch of 2x4s wrapped in aluminum foil and flashing Christmas lights in the shape of a "W".

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

lessthankyle posted:

Didn't get a chance to report back last night, but holy poo poo was BTMI's Weezer show fun. The venue was great and had interesting risers and different levels set up to watch from. Can't wait for the recording to come out. I'd be interesting in contacting the guy at the venue to see if he could help collect any videos taken.

THERE WAS A RECORDING????

fuckshitdamn.gif

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
The Sunday show kicked rear end, the encore was Everybody That You Love then in the middle of the second song the girl next to me got into a fight so that ended the show. If not for that they were going to play Syke! Life is Awesome, which would've ruled. If you get a chance to see BTMI before they head off to Europe the merch shirts are pretty great. I did see a couple of dudes recording the show so there is at least video floating around. I think the =w= was covered in duct tape not foil but whatever.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

Mollymauk posted:

The Sunday show kicked rear end, the encore was Everybody That You Love then in the middle of the second song the girl next to me got into a fight so that ended the show. If not for that they were going to play Syke! Life is Awesome, which would've ruled. If you get a chance to see BTMI before they head off to Europe the merch shirts are pretty great. I did see a couple of dudes recording the show so there is at least video floating around. I think the =w= was covered in duct tape not foil but whatever.

I filmed most of Pinkerton from the back but I'm not sure if the quality's worth it. I thought Costa told me Keegan made it out of foil, but I didn't really see it up close.

hedgecore fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Oct 11, 2010

Pabst Blue Trippin
Oct 11, 2010

Dickeye posted:

If you go to https://www.lessthanjake.com they've got a video that's the entire TV EP streaming. It's so goddamn fun.

I actually like this a lot more than Greased so far.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
Buddy Holly, day 2: http://www.ifyoumakeit.com/video/bomb-the-music-industry-/buddy-holly/

My videos don't sound or look too great to be honest. Uploaded them, so I'll sort 'em soon.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat

Dickeye posted:

THERE WAS A RECORDING????

fuckshitdamn.gif

Yep, they had mics everywhere. What a loving great show, that video above is a great example of how much fun everyone was having.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hedgecore posted:

Buddy Holly, day 2: http://www.ifyoumakeit.com/video/bomb-the-music-industry-/buddy-holly/

My videos don't sound or look too great to be honest. Uploaded them, so I'll sort 'em soon.

Holy poo poo, is that your own website?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

hedgecore posted:

Dude

Are you the Pink Couch guy, and the dude from Legitimate Business? Goddamn son.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Holy poo poo, is that your own website?

Dickeye posted:

Dude

Are you the Pink Couch guy,

Nope, a guy named Dave Garwacke runs that site. I actually run the old BTMI bootleg site here though.

Dickeye posted:

and the dude from Legitimate Business? Goddamn son.

Yep. I go by "sneve" sometimes. I should probably just change my SA name already.

So yeah, that's not my video. My videos don't look or sound great, but I have part of their "soundcheck", "No One Else", "Hash Pipe", most of Pinkerton, their joke of a ska effort at "My Name is Jonas" (don't get your hopes up), and their sorta-encore (Everybody That You Love), and half of Saddr Weirdr until a fight broke out and Jeff just ended the show because of it. Something went wrong with Youtube uploading so I'll try and get something up tomorrow.

hedgecore fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Oct 12, 2010

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
Okay, all of my videos from Weezer show day 2 are up:

http://www.youtube.com/sneve

And the video titles (in reverse order)...

Saddr, Weirdr / don't fight at house shows you idiots
Everybody That You Love
Butterfly
Pink Triangle / Falling For You
El Scorcho
My Name is Jah-nas
The Good Life
Across the Sea
Why Bother?
Cover songs are lame / Awards are for losers
No Other One
No One Else
Hash Pipe
Bomb the Weezer W!
Falling For You (soundcheck)

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS

namu. posted:

When was the last time they were in the Midwest?

They said the played Fort Wayne in Indiana a few months ago, then you had to go back another 3 or 4 years for another trip to Indiana. Just once again why I dislike Indiana, all the bigger ska bands skip right through on their way to MI, or OH, or IL.

dnz
Jul 18, 2008

What happened to the ASOB reunion show DVD? Or did that never happen? I thought they hinted at it...

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
Nix86 is doing a limited CD release. They put on a fantastic show, and I think they've officially added Jay-T to the roster now, so I'm pumped for this.

http://asbestosrecords.bigcartel.com/product/the-nix86-relate-reject-repeat-cd

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

:tviv:

Z.S. Ghost
Jan 1, 2008

Odd Fire Wolf Gang
Less Than Jake/Supervillains tour dates up:

http://lessthanjaketix.com/

The good news: They're coming near me!
The bad news: I gotta find someone to go with.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Hooray, they're coming to my town again! I love you Less Than Jake, other bands skip Baltimore a lot but you never let me down :love:

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

:woop:x10000000

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

Can't wait to see LTJ in Pittsburgh at Mr. Smalls. So much better than some of the other venues around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Goddamnit LTJ why do you hate Boston

I'm not driving to Hartford to watch Vinnie waste 1/4 of their set with idiotic banter.