Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot.EXE
Oct 11, 2007

melee beats posted:

1999 rules I do agree

Correction, the RADIO EDIT (which is what the music video is) rules...gently caress the album version. (and I still say the superhero in the video looks a lot like DC's "Deadman")

@Threatis - That's an interesting stance to take, and I feel you on that poo poo.

Riot.EXE fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Sep 29, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpiger
Sep 10, 2010

by Ozma
Do you like 303s? Do you like handclaps?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTZxbgKZXDw

DividedFrame
Apr 3, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Yeah, I can't believe Skrillex is actually good

This has been my mantra for the past few weeks. I'm still in shock.

Stuntastic
Jul 11, 2009

weed cave weed saves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SohKEjT9Xl0

Welp, this kind of owns really hard. Afrojack dropped this at Electric Zoo and I had mistakenly thought it was the Sound of Stereo remix of Vibrate by Proxy but it's definitely this. HEAVY bass.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Yeah, thats a bass monster. I cant wait to hear that poo poo live!

e: its not on youtube, but the remixes for jamiroquai white knuckle ride (the alex braxe specifically) should be listened to. They do a better job of being a disco track then the original.

incoherent fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 1, 2010

Furnace
Mar 31, 2004

12 teams is where it's at, right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? Yeah! Right? YEAH! SOME THINGS YOU CAN'T UNSEE, BRO!
I have watched the Barbara Streisand video 50 times I think.

Stuntastic
Jul 11, 2009

weed cave weed saves

Furnace posted:

I have watched the Barbara Streisand video 50 times I think.

If anyone here's from NYC, the sign about the sauces at the end that he takes the letter from is right outside the Joy Burger Bar that's opening near the Cages on West 4th, an offshoot from the one up on 100th on the East Side. (fukken delicious burgers)

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Threatis posted:

i think its an asthetic thing that people dont get, i mean, if you listen to my mixes, you know i got my feet pretty firmly planted in hip hop. I appreciate diplo mostly because of the fact that he uses dance music as a way to fram poo poo alot of people in the dance scene just dont know/dont want to know.

When i was coming through the rave scene in the 90s i always laughed because i was the outsider punk kid in "Their world" and everyone used to hate on rap because they saw it as the antitheses of rave culture without looking really hard and going "oh poo poo, these are like nearest neighbors". I think alot of that still prevails today too.

with diplo specifically i know the reason i like him as much as i do is because at a time when everyone was saying "this is prog trance", "this is jungle", etc. he was the dude saying "hey look poo poo you can dance too". I know for me that means alot because i take the same attitude towards DJing. Alot of people on here call me a bmore dj, even though i just consider myself a DJ.

Thanks for the real talk! There's been a ton of music or genres that I never really liked or got into but then I had someone explain it's roots, history, evolution, all that poo poo and even if I didn't really dig it after that, at least I had a better understanding of where it came from and what it 'means' or how people can relate to it. Sometimes just being open to those other perspectives eventually got me into new stuff in a big way.

Then again I'm only just coming around to Major Lazer (img-timeline or what?) and even then only just a couple tracks so maybe I just have 'dad taste' or something haha.

vvv Thanks man I'll check it out. Set listing looks all over the shop, should be pretty interesting!

aejix fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Oct 1, 2010

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

aejix posted:

Thanks for the real talk! There's been a ton of music or genres that I never really liked or got into but then I had someone explain it's roots, history, evolution, all that poo poo and even if I didn't really dig it after that, at least I had a better understanding of where it came from and what it 'means' or how people can relate to it. Sometimes just being open to those other perspectives eventually got me into new stuff in a big way.

Then again I'm only just coming around to Major Lazer (img-timeline or what?) and even then only just a couple tracks so maybe I just have 'dad taste' or something haha.

Get diplo's 2007 BBC essential mix its 2 hours of him mixing a shitload of genres and i think someone told me he got a lot of poo poo from people because he dared to play a range of stuff (including "Do the bartman" by bart simpson) that wasnt straight up techno or house.

I think thats how the story goes i could be wrong. Some of his remixes are a tad hit and miss for the casual listener if you arent a big fan, his mixes are pretty cool though. The major lazer EM is pretty excellent party music ive found :)

mezzir
Jul 1, 2007

I'ma rub your ass in the moonshine.
Let's take it back to seventy-nine...

LE0N posted:

Get diplo's 2007 BBC essential mix its 2 hours of him mixing a shitload of genres and i think someone told me he got a lot of poo poo from people because he dared to play a range of stuff (including "Do the bartman" by bart simpson) that wasnt straight up techno or house.

I think thats how the story goes i could be wrong. Some of his remixes are a tad hit and miss for the casual listener if you arent a big fan, his mixes are pretty cool though. The major lazer EM is pretty excellent party music ive found :)

Agreed, thats how I first got into him as well, that mix was loving amazing. He did a mix for pitchfork a few years back that was pretty sick as well, opened with that 'I like turtles' clip.

vossi
Mar 29, 2007

Spiderpig. Spiderpig.
thanks to this thread I started listening to the Bag Raiders - today their self titled album dropped and daaaaamnnnnn it sounds nice. go buy it!

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons

LE0N posted:

yeah you got that pretty much spot on. if you read the comments on the entry for that EM on the BBC site people are vicious about it. Pete Tong has called it "the best EM" a bunch of times too.

in other news Crookers have released their remix of the classic track Green Velvet - La La Land

http://www.crookers.net/blog/tracks/green-velvet-la-la-land-crookers-remix/

and if you've never heard the original you're missing out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDMVfFgykP8

phractured
Feb 21, 2008
Is anyone else still in awe that Skrillex is Sonny Moore?

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
sorry guys but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0Gpt12psAA&a=AYMcY2vx8GSrhJYGUDtIbcE_uIktjNjC&list=ML&playnext=1

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

I too lament about the hot girl/ugly friend situation in the club.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
I am not gonna lie, I listened to it twice.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
If he didn't loving talk throughout the track I wouldn't feel embarrassed for listening to it.

trill ass
Sep 30, 2004

buttcop
Speaking of Pauly D, Y'all should follow my new side project on soundcloud!

http://soundcloud.com/clicksandwhistles

It may or may not be me collaborating with a secret goon.

Calculon
Mar 19, 2006

WAKE UP AMERICA

trill rear end posted:

I really like this. I'm pretty ignorant, what exactly would this be categorized as, genre wise?

trill ass
Sep 30, 2004

buttcop

Calculon posted:

I really like this. I'm pretty ignorant, what exactly would this be categorized as, genre wise?

That's a good question! I don't really know, prolly FUTURE BASS.

MzKzM
Sep 16, 2007

god i love siriusmo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeKgwRKYMTE

MustangCharlie
Dec 9, 2004
My daddy won't give me moneys for drugs.. Waaaaaa

phractured posted:

Is anyone else still in awe that Skrillex is Sonny Moore?

I just found out about the guy, but I've never heard of him before. What did he do before?

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

MustangCharlie posted:

I just found out about the guy, but I've never heard of him before. What did he do before?

Search him on youtube. You'll be surprised.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

MzKzM posted:

god i love siriusmo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeKgwRKYMTE

I'm not really a big fan of the glitchy sound, but this is fantastic.

Rukes
Jan 1, 2001

Yes, The Rukes
BTW, for those that want to see Skrillex, he's joining us on a bunch of tour dates this month opening for Deadmau5:

Oct. 4--Kansas City, MO--Uptown Theater
Oct. 6 & 7--Denver, CO--The Fillmore
Oct. 13--Seattle, WA--Paramount Theatre
Oct. 19--Madison, WI--Orpheum
Oct. 20--Minneapolis, MN--Epic
Oct. 23--Chicago, IL--Congress Theater
Oct. 25--Ypsilanti, MI--Convocation Center
Oct. 28--New York, NY--Roseland Ballroom

Rukes fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Oct 4, 2010

Stuntastic
Jul 11, 2009

weed cave weed saves

Rukes posted:

BTW, for those that want to see Skrillex, he's joining us on a bunch of tour dates this month opening for Deadmau5:

Oct. 4--Kansas City, MO--Uptown Theater
Oct. 6 & 7--Denver, CO--The Fillmore
Oct. 13--Seattle, WA--Paramount Theatre
Oct. 19--Madison, WI--Orpheum
Oct. 20--Minneapolis, MN--Epic
Oct. 23--Chicago, IL--Congress Theater
Oct. 25--Ypsilanti, MI--Convocation Center
Oct. 28--New York, NY--Roseland Ballroom

Normally I'd go but 70$ to see Skrillex and Deadmau5 at Roseland is exorbitant, that's the price I paid per day of Electric Zoo...

Flashing Twelve
Mar 20, 2007

vossi posted:

thanks to this thread I started listening to the Bag Raiders - today their self titled album dropped and daaaaamnnnnn it sounds nice. go buy it!

He really isn't joking, it's very Shooting Stars-ish. Pretty much impossible to listen to it and not come out of it with a smile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijabli3LIjI

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

Stuntastic posted:

Normally I'd go but 70$ to see Skrillex and Deadmau5 at Roseland is exorbitant, that's the price I paid per day of Electric Zoo...

Erol Alkan and Die Antwoord are playing too though, as is Afrojack I think.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Flashing Twelve posted:

He really isn't joking, it's very Shooting Stars-ish. Pretty much impossible to listen to it and not come out of it with a smile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijabli3LIjI

Bugger, I was hoping for more stuff along the lines of Fun Punch and Turbo Love, but I guess that was inevitable after Shooting Stars became a really big hit on Australian radio.

Stuntastic
Jul 11, 2009

weed cave weed saves

Slackerish posted:

Erol Alkan and Die Antwoord are playing too though, as is Afrojack I think.

Ah, I hadn't heard anything about that. Now that I check ticketmaster, this is what it says:
"Support: AFROJACK BUSTA RHYMES CALVIN HARRIS (dj set) DIE ANTWOORD EROL ALKAN JDH & DAVE P KASKADE Q-Tip PETE TONG SLEEPY & BOO VIP ticket includes side stage access, and private cash bar"

Who knows, that sounds much more appropriate for the price range than what I previously thought; could be a good time.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

trill rear end posted:

This is loving sick.

trill ass
Sep 30, 2004

buttcop

aejix posted:

This is loving sick.

thanks man, you will be able to buy it all soon!

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Yo Trill rear end, Awww poo poo is your song, right? I was following suggestions on youtube and ended up on that and it rules.

trill ass
Sep 30, 2004

buttcop

The Fresh Prince posted:

Yo Trill rear end, Awww poo poo is your song, right? I was following suggestions on youtube and ended up on that and it rules.

yeah man! that song is old as gently caress!

Molotov Yogurt
Nov 29, 2000

buff man riddim
diplo has a great voice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaMUaxHO8GY&feature=player_embedded

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

trill rear end posted:

yeah man! that song is old as gently caress!

When will that ever be available for purchase?

trill ass
Sep 30, 2004

buttcop

phractured posted:

When will that ever be available for purchase?

I'm not really sure, it's kinda in limbo right now. I kinda doubt it.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

trill rear end posted:

I'm not really sure, it's kinda in limbo right now. I kinda doubt it.

Is this an issue with your label or your choice? Because I would kill for that track...

trill ass
Sep 30, 2004

buttcop

phractured posted:

Is this an issue with your label or your choice? Because I would kill for that track...

Label issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vossi
Mar 29, 2007

Spiderpig. Spiderpig.
http://www.kitsune.fr/journal/2010/10/downloads/digitalism-blitz-new-single-on-kitsune-free-mp3/
THIS!

quote:

Out november 8th including remixes by Harvard Bass, Villa and one more original
can't wait!