Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

14 INCH DICK TURBO posted:

Mine was pretty much the same but an air cooled flat four in the trunk of a '69 SS/RS powering the front wheels via torque tube.

everyone would just think it was a corsair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...

rscott posted:

Corvair :colbert:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

MrSaturn posted:

Corvair :colbert:

yeah :downs:

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!
As long as it has 4WS, I'm with you on that.

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets

dreesemonkey posted:

Just surprised to see something in such good shape in rusty PA

Wow, that's my car's near-identical twin. Same color scheme, but I have the 1300DX, 5-speed. Mine's well-preserved, but not "nice" by any means. Northwest car with 220k, so the rust is really just starting.

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008
SF Bay craigs has a (worthless) ad for a '91 Isuzu Impulse RS AWD Turbo for $800. I'm seriously tempted.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Joe Mama posted:

SF Bay craigs has a (worthless) ad for a '91 Isuzu Impulse RS AWD Turbo for $800. I'm seriously tempted.

I'm local too, poo poo.

edit: Needs 2 minor repairs yeah I bet a rear main seal and a valve guide

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Ericadia posted:

Nope, no signal needed. It's always interesting to see people swap rotaries into non rotary vehicles. My dream is to see a NA 12A powered classic Camaro, nicknamed "Abomination" or "NO WHY DID YOU DO THAT???" After staring at it for 20 minutes, and maybe trying to drive it, I would loudly demand that the owner undo what he has done.

I have elaborate fantasies.

With three rotors, you wouldn't NEED an answer to "WHY DID YOU DO THAT???"

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

quadpus posted:

Wow, that's my car's near-identical twin. Same color scheme, but I have the 1300DX, 5-speed. Mine's well-preserved, but not "nice" by any means. Northwest car with 220k, so the rust is really just starting.

Looks like a cool little car just begging for some sort of ridiculous VEETAC swap along the lines of those crazy minis they build.

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe
Speaking of bastard dreams.

I want a Starion with an AWD, rotary engine, CVT, and a twincharger With the turbo remotely located to replace the muffler intercoolers before and after the super.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Pretty Little Rainbow posted:

I love these because you can get a nice one for way cheaper than an RX-3 and its the exact same car except the engine.
Surprised that the 808s over there had the same nose as the RX3. Here the 808s always had a single headlamp per side nose, while the RX3s had twin per side.
I notice that the rear lights were the same though, square for the 808 and round for the RX3.
So what slidebite has found is an 808 coupe with 10A RX3 nose. poo poo, in australia the nose, grille, headlight surrounds would be worth over $1k alone*

* Last time I checked. Of course the less 808/rx3 chassis around, the less people have the need for one. I paid $1400 for a brand new upper and lower 12A style nose about 10 years ago.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Oct 2, 2010

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I saw this for sale at the races yesterday and wanted to crosspost it into the CL ad thread. Even though it doesn't have an ad it's still for sale and it's solid gold.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I saw this for sale at the races yesterday and wanted to crosspost it into the CL ad thread. Even though it doesn't have an ad it's still for sale and it's solid gold.

Sell the Toyota and buy that, it's the only way.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Goddamnit I really want that. That's loving awesome.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Late but

Kylie Sven Opossum posted:

Here you go.

Up for sale is a 1987 Mercedes Benz 190e 16v Cosworth edition. This car was built by mercedes along with the help and vision of Cosworth himself in order to compete with the E30 M3. The 2.3l 16v 4cyl makes 200 hp and is super rev happy. Also these cars came with a cosworth designed body kit and a recaro designed interior. This car would be amazing with a little work put into it.

The previous owner (a friend of mine disassembled the mechanical fuel injection in anticipation of installing Megasquirt but never completed it. All the parts are in the car, they just need to be hooked back up. The car ran flawlessly before the disassembly.

The interior is in very good condition and is all there with the exception of the three gauge cluster, the speedometer and the shift knob. The only other thing missing from the car is the rear differential. The transmission is the coveted dog leg racing unit and shifts like butter. The exterior is all there but needs to be painted. There are two areas that need to be addressed for rust issues: one is on the lip of the trunk area and the other is on the bottom side of the passenger door. I have many more pictures that I will happily send out upon request.

My friend also installed an H&R Cup Kit suspension that has less than 2 miles on it now. This would make an awesome car with little money added and just some time put in. I am asking 1500 or best offer and am located in Corpus Christi, TX. I will also entertain partial trades for off-shore/ surf fishing equipment. You can reach me @ with any questions or offers.

Even the Euro motor only had 180hp in it. And that dogleg shifts nothing like butter. Especially when you rev it up some.

Swordfish posted:

Please help, tell me what a waste of time this would be, I can't stop thinking about it.

Rear diffs for this car are pretty rare and expensive when they do pop up for sale. The other pieces would be annoying to collect, too. The main thing is that the CIS is not working, and basically, will never work again. If it were $500 and you had all the time in the world on your hands, it might be worth it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
WANT

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/1989293300.html

quote:

1991 Isuzu Impulse 5 speed brand new clutch hatch back good interior 2 tone exterior. Looks good runs great everything works ac heat exc.. Tires are good. 17inch after market wheels. Will possible trade. 1.6L dual over head cam non turbo motor. Txt or call 260-452-7311 Thanks Great on gas also. $1350.

Click here for the full 1249x581 image.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

1998 Dodge Interpid.
http://rmn.craigslist.org/cto/1988548296.html

Features include:
A bucket seat
A power window
A reclining seat
A power door lock
Another power window
Inconsistent punctuation

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Skunkduster fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Oct 5, 2010

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

SkunkDuster posted:

1998 Dodge Interpid.

Features include:
A bucket seat
A power window
A reclining seat
A power door lock
Another power window
Inconsistent punctuation

Photo take while travelling in Australia

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

SkunkDuster posted:

1998 Dodge Interpid.

Features include:
A bucket seat
A power window
A reclining seat
A power door lock
Another power window
Inconsistent punctuation

Wind tunnel proof of the extreme down force created by Dodge Intrepids.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

:gonk:

It's like some guy made it his mission to make the PT Cruiser even uglier.

http://lethbridge.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-2007-Chrysler-PT-Cruiser-Sedan-W0QQAdIdZ210756658

quote:

One of a kind 2007 PT Cruiser, A.T.C. , has a 1940 Ford front-end and 1959 Cadillac taillights. Is an awesome daily driver.

I see the hood doesn't even come close to being flush to the fenders/grill anymore. Must be fantastic for wind noise.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

What a waste of '59 Caddy tail lights.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

slidebite posted:

:gonk:

It's like some guy made it his mission to make the PT Cruiser even uglier.

http://lethbridge.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-2007-Chrysler-PT-Cruiser-Sedan-W0QQAdIdZ210756658

I see the hood doesn't even come close to being flush to the fenders/grill anymore. Must be fantastic for wind noise.

If you were stuck with a PT Cruiser wouldn't it seem worthwhile to make it look like *anything else*?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

el topo posted:

If you were stuck with a PT Cruiser wouldn't it seem worthwhile to make it look like *anything else*?
Well, I know where you're coming from but I'd personally take "ugly" over "loving horribly ugly" in a way that draws even more attention my way.

Art Alexakis
Mar 27, 2008

rscott posted:

Wouldn't the corsair be too old?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Daniel J. Geduld posted:

Wouldn't the corsair be too old?

I meant corvair.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Who wants to loan me three grand and a garage? :q:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Awesome, but how do you even contact that guy?

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

kimbo305 posted:

Awesome, but how do you even contact that guy?

I hate those "see below" posts. I ran into one on something I was really interested in, and all craigslist would let me do was send an automatically generated note to the seller saying "someone" was interested, while i refreshed the ad for a few days hoping contact info would show up.

sacre
Jan 26, 2007
Maybe people post those ads just to see how much interest it generates.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Asking a little too much IMHO, but I'm trying to contact the guy. Seems in decent shape from the photos.

http://medicinehat.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-Subaru-Brat-truck-W0QQAdIdZ218911659

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

slidebite posted:

Asking a little too much IMHO, but I'm trying to contact the guy. Seems in decent shape from the photos.
This has been for sale for a little while, I think - I remember being excited over it about a month ago when someone in the local Subaru club posted about it.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Is the guy unreachable or something? He hasn't replied to me yet (yesterday). I'd seriously buy it, but not at $4K.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Dude has got to by military, that's really well done.

Viggen posted:

Who wants to loan me three grand and a garage? :q:

That's a steal for $3k.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

sacre posted:

Maybe people post those ads just to see how much interest it generates.

How can he even tell how much interest there is? Hearsay on the street? If people team up and flag it?

There's no way to contact him at all.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

kimbo305 posted:

How can he even tell how much interest there is? Hearsay on the street? If people team up and flag it?

There's no way to contact him at all.

I'm pretty sure the craigslist contact email was just cropped from the photo.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

slidebite posted:

I'm pretty sure the craigslist contact email was just cropped from the photo.

I guess we'd need to hear back from Viggen, but the last thing on a CL ad page is the do-not-solicit-me bullet point, which is in the image. If someone picks the see-below option for Reply To, they have to explicitly leave contact info in their ad.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

slidebite posted:

http://medicinehat.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-Subaru-Brat-truck-W0QQAdIdZ218911659

I've always wanted a BRAT since I first heard about them. The only one around here is a rusty piece of poo poo that doesn't run for $650. Like, insanely rusty.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Paging CatBus...

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/1963194340.html

PNG/weird compression?

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 7, 2010

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
While we're talking IH, I'll take some time to pimp my own poo poo.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/1994330802.html

Asking $3,000 for this:

But the goon price is $2,500.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Man, sad to see it (almost) go. That truck is you, man. Also I hope someone doesn't just rip the motor out and crush it or something, like someone did to the Gremlin I had my eye on but reacted too slowly for.