Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Gentle Autist posted:

im a gay unfunny sperg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
Йифф

Phenwah
Feb 3, 2003

Phenwah fucked around with this message at 22:37 on May 5, 2023

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Footboy posted:

I don't get it. :X

out

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
look at this poo poo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Mascots

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
I was reading CineD and someone mentioned that the producers of 2009's The Fourth Kind film actually hired a marketing team to vandalize wikipedia to make fake articles on the fictional characters of the film portraying them as real people, including editing the article for Nome, Alaska citing fictional bullshit claims about people disappearing in the city with references to outside fake news pages set up by the producers. There's a bunch of sperging in the discussion section of the film's page and the nome, alaska page but it's still pretty reprehensible that a movie studio would resort to vandalizing wikipedia to promote a movie.

Edit: supposedly the editors banned the marketing team accounts but they kept making new ones and switching ip addresses in order to put the fake edits in and weaselword "facts" around it too

got dat wmd fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 3, 2010

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
actually that completely owns

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Shaggar posted:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Shaggar posted:

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
actually if i was paid to do that it would own, i'm just thinking how weird it would be to live in nome and look up your town to discover FACTUAL EVIDENCE of ufo abductions happened down the street from you and you could be next!!!!!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yea. when i think wikipedia i think factual evidence.

The Evan
Nov 29, 2004

Apple ][ Cash Money

Shaggar posted:

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

Shaggar posted:

edit:
here's a blast from the past: from 9/2005 to 1/2007, the article on monte cristo sandwiches linked to fan fiction as a reference

when you think about it, sandwich fan fiction is just about the spergiest thing ever, and therefore the wikipediaest thing ever, so i'm going to restore the link, brb

that awful man fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Oct 3, 2010

hammeredspace
Jun 22, 2008
I produce infinite faggotry
one time i was arguing facts with a beautiful woman and we were trying to argue whether or not that oranges are orange in color and i went to wikipedia and she instead drove to the library and looked in an encyclopedia that hadn't been updated in twenty years and we both came back with the fact that oranges were in fact orange in color, but because she looked in a source that was not wikipedia then she was more correct than i was and therefore she would ascend to heaven to live with god and her loved ones for eternity and i would continue to eat poo poo the end

The Evan
Nov 29, 2004

Apple ][ Cash Money
wait, you were actually trying to argue that an orange isn't, uh, orange?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The Evan posted:

wait, you were actually trying to argue that an orange isn't, uh, orange?

with a beautiful woman

The Evan
Nov 29, 2004

Apple ][ Cash Money
ok just for the sake of argument, what color DID you claim an, erm, orange is?

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_Siege

Koresh allegedly[8205291] fathered several[8205292] children with individuals[8205293] claiming[8205294] to be minors (these charges[8205295] were never substantiated[8205296]). When the FBI came, guns in hand[8205297] to arrest Koresh's[8205298] church[8205299], all members were fatally shot[8205300] because they had not been given an[8205301] enough of a chance to not shoot and kill[8205302] the officers who came before[8205303]

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
lol is that what happens when you put [citation needed] all over the place?

Excalibre
Feb 22, 2008

hammeredspace posted:

one time i was arguing facts with a beautiful woman and we were trying to argue whether or not that oranges are orange in color and i went to wikipedia and she instead drove to the library and looked in an encyclopedia that hadn't been updated in twenty years and we both came back with the fact that oranges were in fact orange in color, but because she looked in a source that was not wikipedia then she was more correct than i was and therefore she would ascend to heaven to live with god and her loved ones for eternity and i would continue to eat poo poo the end
the color 'orange' is named for the fruit 'orange'

hope you got some pussy out of that retarded relationship you described

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
orange you glad she didn't see your banana

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I made an article on Banana Boomerangs that only redirected to calzones, and later was the calzone article with the calzone words search-and-replaced with banana boomerang it lasted for a year or so well thats my story thanks for listening

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/11_%28number%29

quote:

Eleven is the 5th smallest prime number. It is the smallest two-digit prime number in the decimal base; as well as, of course, in undecimal (where it is the smallest two-digit number). It is also the smallest three-digit prime in ternary, and the smallest four-digit prime in binary, but a single-digit prime in bases larger than eleven, such as duodecimal, hexadecimal, vigesimal and sexagesimal. 11 is the fourth Sophie Germain prime, the third safe prime, the fourth Lucas prime, the first repunit prime, and the second Good prime. Although it is necessary for n to be prime for 2n − 1 to be a Mersenne prime, the converse is not true: 211 − 1 = 2047 which is 23 × 89. The next prime is 13, with which it comprises a twin prime. 11 is an Eisenstein prime with no imaginary part and real part of the form 3n − 1. Displayed on a calculator, 11 is a strobogrammatic prime and a dihedral prime because it reads the same whether the calculator is turned upside down or reflected on a mirror, or both.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
i got on an assassination kick, until i stumbled on this gem of an article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_of_John_the_Fearless

thanks wikipedia, what would i have done without links and no-content tags

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

"List of basic operations that make 11" hahaha what, this is new to me

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Hammerite posted:

wikipedia: for literal children

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Hammerite posted:

I found a problem with that list and fixed it

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

haveblue posted:

noice

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

haveblue posted:

when i edit stuff from work it tells me my IP is bad

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

haveblue posted:

This is an incomplete list, which may never be able to satisfy particular standards for completeness. You can help by expanding it with reliably sourced entries.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Tom Collins posted:

https://vimeo.com/15297105

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.
man reading wikipedia is like reading a brief college research paper but only after the professor has scribbled all over it

[citation needed][citation needed][who?][original research?][see me after class]

The Evan
Nov 29, 2004

Apple ][ Cash Money

haveblue posted:

:laffo:

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

ShadowHawk posted:

This is an incomplete list, which may never be able to satisfy particular standards for completeness. You can help by expanding it with reliably sourced entries.

Doing my small part to contribute to the global consciousness.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

wikipedia: for literal children

slow down professor

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

My opinions, though not completely awful are expressed in a tiresome and needlessly aggressive way. Please help me to chill out.

haveblue posted:

Did you add the line 11 + 0 = 11? If so you own bones and you should make a thread so I can vote it 555555

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

JawnV6 posted:

when i edit stuff from work it tells me my IP is bad
Your IP is bad and you should feel bad.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

gwynster posted:

Did you add the line 11 + 0 = 11? If so you own bones and you should make a thread so I can vote it 555555

I added the "this is an incomplete list" disclaimer but now I see some sperg deleted it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008