Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tilp
Apr 7, 2010
Just to say that if (like me) you like old-school big-sweep history documentaries then you will LOVE Michael Wood's Story of England on BBC4. It's one of the best shows of its kind I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
For those who will be interested, the new series of House starts on Sky One/HD tonight at 10:00.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine
Are the Times getting really desperate to peddle their stupid pay to use online poo poo. Iwas watching Kes on TCM yesterday and on every ad break the same trailer for it came on.

lewi
Sep 3, 2006
King
Spooks: the wrong kind of sun
Edit: they just used Charing Cross tube station as a plot point - it's got so many loving exits and levels and is a generally poo poo station.

lewi fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 4, 2010

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

If you have a problem.....
Now that WAS a classic Inbetweeners episode!

Much better than the others in the series.

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006

seregrail7 posted:

So The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret is starting in America tomorrow. The tall stupid guy from The Inbetweeners is now playing the guy he works with(at least I think it is), not sure how well he'll be in that role, a cocky bloke-ish guy worked well. Everyone else is the same as far as I can see.

Site here: http://www.ifc.com/todd-margaret/

Well, they ruined it. The first episode is the pilot from last year only a lot less funny. They removed lots of funny bits and replaced them with not funny bits. Disappointed.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I'm gonna gently caress your loving fanny off you twat

Ratjaculation fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Oct 4, 2010

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009

Ratjaculation posted:

I'm gonna gently caress your loving fanny off you twat

Came in here to post that. Literally the most I've laughed at anything on TV in loving ages.

TheVertigoOfBliss
Jan 29, 2007
When i was fingering her she shat all down my arm.

Much better episode.

Simon is still an utter twat though

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
WHY IS IT SO GREEN

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
I did not have that problem my first time even with the tactical wank. It was more the 5 thrusts/20 seconds that made it embarrassing.

Great episode.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

I quite liked that episode. It's still quite bizarre but I laughed more at this one than the others combined.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
Got to say i laughed at

"yeah man orangeade can be made into cocktails, vodka n' orangeade, whiskey n' orangeade, wine n' orangeade..."

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
yeah this was the best Inbetweeners episode for a good while I think, absurd but still fairly believable and lots of the jokes were fantastic. Hope they keep up that quality for the rest

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Yeah it was a great episode, I lost it at Simon smacking his cock and calling it a oval office.

I'm eloquent in that way.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

If you went back and paid attention I wonder how many times Will has given Simon the clearly better advice only for him to listen to Jay and/or Neil. I mean they all clearly know poo poo all about sex (except maybe Neil since he seems to get a lot of action) but Will gives the grown up advice and nobody ever listens. Poor Will.

The poo poo Simon believes, though! It was funny, but I know a lot of people here are like "yeah I knew someone who said poo poo like that in college" but that was literally the kind of crap one of my friends would say in primary school. By even high school I'd imagine most people have wised up enough to think "or your bum" would not be a prudent thing to say.

But then that's why it's funny, I guess. Neil's distress at pissing the bed was probably my favourite part. "I have a problem with that!"

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
the silly thing is that Simon obviously knows Jay is a huge bullshitter yet he continues to take his awful and ridiculous advice

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I like how Will tries his best in these situations as damage control now.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

lewi posted:

Spooks: the wrong kind of sun
Edit: they just used Charing Cross tube station as a plot point - it's got so many loving exits and levels and is a generally poo poo station.

Also they said it's got 4 platforms when it's got 6.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Him and Her, I see Dan has sunk to a new low.

meme
Oct 7, 2009

But it's a pretty good way to get someone to spend money on buying you an av and sig. Maybe I should be really obnoxious and get an upgrade myself

Moral of the story: be careful what you wish for.

You are welcome.
I was literally coiling up into the foetal position when simon was trying to get that girl to put the condom on with her mouth. Jesus Christ. Why are they such poo poo humans. Neil pissing everywhere was loving hilarious. The whole thing with the uni lads was good too. Good episode!

Beep Street
Aug 22, 2006

Chemotherapy and marijuana go together like apple pie and Chevrolet.

meme posted:

I was literally coiling up into the foetal position when simon was trying to get that girl to put the condom on with her mouth.
It really is so spot on how awkward everything is when you don't have a clue what you're doing. This really is the funniest thing on telly at the moment.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
In case nobody noticed, The Empire have pinched Mad Men from Auntie. Season 5 on DVD then.

Mighty Steed
Apr 16, 2005
Nice horsey
Despite the title, There's a Hippo in My House was great tonight.

King Plum the Nth
Oct 16, 2008

Jan 2018: I've been rereading my post history and realized that I can be a moronic bloviating asshole. FWIW, I apologize for most of everything I've ever written on the internet. In future, if I can't say something functional or funny, I won't say anything at all.
Hey, British People, how come there isn't a dedicated The Inbetweeners thread? It's, like, your greatest contribution to culture since warm beer and Doctor Who.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Hi, I've come to apply for the doctor's job. I can assure you my credentials are top-notch, I've just graduated from Harvard College Yale. I aced every semester, and I got an 'A'.
Anyone else tuning into Eastenders? I really don't like Alfie and Kat, even back in the day I thought they were rubbish. Kat's voice alone is awful

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Am I the only person in the world who isnt really enjoying Inbetweeners this season? It's Peep Show season 4 all over again :stare:

Neris
Mar 7, 2004

don't you dare use the word 'party' as a verb in this shop
Yes that's basically what I was saying on the last page :waycool:

I miss Neil being gently idiotic and not full on retarded. Like, a lot.

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

kru posted:

Am I the only person in the world who isnt really enjoying Inbetweeners this season? It's Peep Show season 4 all over again :stare:

I agree. The first episode was great, but once Simon's girlfriend showed up it really stopped being laugh out loud funny.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

kru posted:

I made one but everyone posted here instead so I just kind of ignored it :shobon:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Adrianics posted:

I made one but everyone posted here instead so I just kind of ignored it :shobon:

A thread worth having!

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Figaro posted:

Anyone else tuning into Eastenders? I really don't like Alfie and Kat, even back in the day I thought they were rubbish. Kat's voice alone is awful

Yep, they are crap, as are the raft of interchangeable teens they've added. I don't watch all the time but I did enjoy Phil's amazing descent into crack addiction over the space of a weekend followed by him being boarded up in the 'Vic by Peggy, followed by him burning the place down. I did hope that Peggy's wig would go up in flames but you can't have everything.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Oh my! http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/tv-radio/bbc-set-to-film-douglas-adamss-dirk-gently-novel-2098814.html

The Indie posted:

BBC set to film Douglas Adams's Dirk Gently novel

Dirk Gently, the fictional detective created by the late author Douglas Adams, is to be played on screen for the first time by the comic actor Stephen Mangan in a new BBC adaptation, it was announced yesterday. Mangan, who is best known for his role in Green Wing, will star in the BBC4 film alongside Cold Feet star Helen Baxendale. Adams, who created The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, first wrote about the anti-hero in his novel Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency in 1987.

The hard-up and unconventional Gently, who has previously been portrayed by Harry Enfield on Radio 4, runs a detective agency based on the principle that all things are connected. When he sets out to track down a lost cat, he uncovers a double murder. Mangan said: "Dirk is a chaotic, anarchic force of nature with a totally unique take on the world. He is described as 'lazy, untidy, dismissive and unreliable'. I've absolutely no idea why they thought I'd be right for the role."

Shooting began this week in Bristol and the film is expected to be screened in the winter.

This could be good. Or awful. Hopefully it'll be good.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Is that 'Dan' from Partridge?

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

kru posted:

Is that 'Dan' from Partridge?

It most certainly is.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It is!

Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! no wait he hasn't seen us...Dan!

On the subject of Coogan, Saxondale worth getting on DVD?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

SeanBeansShako posted:

It is!

Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! no wait he hasn't seen us...Dan!

On the subject of Coogan, Saxondale worth getting on DVD?

gently caress yes.

Scant Consolation
Sep 4, 2006
Good Egg
Lest anyone forgets what starts tonight.

Will someone be making a separate thread?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

BizarroAzrael posted:

gently caress yes.

Getting it then, caught a few episodes and enjoyed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Apprentice is full of dickheads already.