Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL7jgAYgoSU

New track from The Loops of Fury! So nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

trill rear end posted:

Label issue.

Just release it yourself dude :)

trill ass
Sep 30, 2004

buttcop

melee beats posted:

Just release it yourself dude :)

ive signed it away and have been waiting for a while for it to come out

Riot.EXE
Oct 11, 2007
As we speak, my homeboy Vance is spinnin' House live on his UStream channel...he does this every Monday night...figured I'd share.

mezzir
Jul 1, 2007

I'ma rub your ass in the moonshine.
Let's take it back to seventy-nine...
:woop: Metric remix up :woop:
http://soundcloud.com/mezzir/metric-sick-muse-mezzir-remix

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

trill rear end posted:

ive signed it away and have been waiting for a while for it to come out

To: Bitch rear end Label
Subj: Releasing my poo poo
--------------------------------

Sup yall

Im putting my remix out since you dudes cant

Later

Turbo P

Rummanging
Sep 26, 2008

trill rear end posted:

Speaking of Pauly D, Y'all should follow my new side project on soundcloud!

http://soundcloud.com/clicksandwhistles

It may or may not be me collaborating with a secret goon.

Getting this on the new page, because it is very very good.

EDIT: Added an extra 'very'.

ziebarf
Jul 6, 2008
Not a huge AC Slater fan, but he has a new EP.

And this song is rad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyj1d-DnPqY&feature=related

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale
My new track

http://soundcloud.com/melee/vanthema-short-mix

Rukes
Jan 1, 2001

Yes, The Rukes
Skrillex says hi, just got EP 2 mastered. Also wanted to say that Skrillex shirts will be at the merch booth for the shows (i'm guessing he is getting an online store set up to sell them too).

Rukes fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Oct 6, 2010

Justin Timberwolf
Jun 18, 2005

[instrumental]
HAha I'm so pumped that I get to be the first to post this. New Die Antwoord music video with probably the best cameo ever http://pitchfork.com/tv/%23/musicvideo/8418-die-antwoord-evil-boy-cherrytree

Rukes posted:

Skrillex says hi, just got EP 2 mastered. Also wanted to say that Skrillex shirts will be at the merch booth for the shows (i'm guessing he is getting an online store set up to sell them too).

How's the Deadmau5 crowd been reacting to Skrillex?

trans fat
Jul 29, 2007

Lysis posted:

HAha I'm so pumped that I get to be the first to post this. New Die Antwoord music video with probably the best cameo ever http://pitchfork.com/tv/%23/musicvideo/8418-die-antwoord-evil-boy-cherrytree

How's the Deadmau5 crowd been reacting to Skrillex?

hes like deadmau5 but filthier and goes harder

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

Lysis posted:

Oh man. That is way cool. Honestly, when I first saw Die Antwoord, I thought they were just a joke, but I really do like them now wow.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Lysis posted:

muhahahahha

Rukes
Jan 1, 2001

Yes, The Rukes

trans fat posted:

hes like deadmau5 but filthier and goes harder

Pretty much. Every crowd so far has been crazy about him, even chanting for him like crazy.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Is it just me or all the top radio songs now heavily into house/electro/dance territory these days? Even the normal hip-hop artists are putting out 4x4 beats backed with a synth. What the hell? Is hip-hop dead? Is dance music mainstream now in America?

I mean, look at the current Billboard Hot 100. All of these are heavily house/trance/electro:

4. Usher - DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love
5. Taio Cruz - Dynamite
6. Far*East Movement Featuring Cataracs & Dev - Like A G6
8. Rihanna - Only Girl (In The World)
9. Enrique Iglesias - I Like It
10. Flo Rida - Club Can't Handle Me

And these are coming from many artists who mainly put out hip hop or sample driven stuff years ago. They're all going for straight 4x4 beats with synths now.

the fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Oct 7, 2010

GZA Genius
Jan 29, 2009

the posted:

Is it just me or all the top radio songs now heavily into house/electro/dance territory these days?

I blame David Guetta. Or should we thank him? Oh boy.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

the posted:

Is it just me or all the top radio songs now heavily into house/electro/dance territory these days? Even the normal hip-hop artists are putting out 4x4 beats backed with a synth. What the hell? Is hip-hop dead? Is dance music mainstream now in America?

I mean, look at the current Billboard Hot 100. All of these are heavily house/trance/electro:

5. Taio Cruz - Dynamite

And these are coming from many artists who mainly put out hip hop or sample driven stuff years ago. They're all going for straight 4x4 beats with synths now.

I blame Bros

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

the posted:

I've been noticing this too on my local BS autotunetop40 pop station. Honestly, I'll take it over poo poo R&B or reggaeton any day but its still basically absolute poo poo. If you think about it it was only a matter of time, house has a very broad appeal and sounds good in a club w hype lyrics. However this version of house is tailored to the absolute lowest common denominator. It's quite sad though that this must be the form in which electronic music is finally embraced by the mainstream in America.

On the plus side, I can't help but keep David Guetta as a guilty pleasure

P.S. I blame Benny Benassi

Play fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Oct 7, 2010

Riot.EXE
Oct 11, 2007

Play posted:

I've been noticing this too on my local BS autotunetop40 pop station. Honestly, I'll take it over poo poo R&B or reggaeton any day but its still basically absolute poo poo. If you think about it it was only a matter of time, house has a very broad appeal and sounds good in a club w hype lyrics. However this version of house is tailored to the absolute lowest common denominator. It's quite sad though that this must be the form in which electronic music is finally embraced by the mainstream in America.

On the plus side, I can't help but keep David Guetta as a guilty pleasure

P.S. I blame Benny Benassi

Must be? No...it IS. I was at a friends party a couple months back that proved this.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Riot.EXE posted:

Must be? No...it IS. I was at a friends party a couple months back that proved this.

You are totally right, but what i meant is that it sucks that THIS has to be the way electronic music is embraced in the mainstream. in europe people actually have decent taste when it comes to electronic

Riot.EXE
Oct 11, 2007

Play posted:

You are totally right, but what i meant is that it sucks that THIS has to be the way electronic music is embraced in the mainstream. in europe people actually have decent taste when it comes to electronic

I know...but even then, what they end up embracing blocks out the good poo poo WE listen to in this thread. That's the real problem. They'd rather skip Wolfgang Gartner, Boys Noize, Feed Me, Kill the Noise, Treasure Fingers, Udachi, Alex Metric and the like for some lovely house mix of an already lovely top40-of-the-week track that won't even matter years from now. THAT'S why it's depressing.

GZA Genius
Jan 29, 2009

Riot.EXE posted:

I know...but even then, what they end up embracing blocks out the good poo poo WE listen to in this thread. That's the real problem. They'd rather skip Wolfgang Gartner, Boys Noize, Feed Me, Kill the Noise, Treasure Fingers, Udachi, Alex Metric and the like for some lovely house mix of an already lovely top40-of-the-week track that won't even matter years from now. THAT'S why it's depressing.

Meh, I'll take a top 40 person like Calvin Harris over a top 40 person in the states. BTW isn't this the same argument for every genre of music?

P.S I have no clue who 4 out of the 7 artists are that you listed.

P.S.S And that "sexy chick" song is still banging after the 8,000 time.

Neris
Mar 7, 2004

don't you dare use the word 'party' as a verb in this shop
Or when a song gets nice and popular because there's some bad rap mash-up and that becomes the main version that makes it into the mainstream. Still better than nothing though.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Neris posted:

Or when a song gets nice and popular because there's some bad rap mash-up and that becomes the main version that makes it into the mainstream. Still better than nothing though.

Is it though? Is having more dumbass listeners always a good thing? (dont answer that)

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

the posted:

5. Taio Cruz - Dynamite

I go to a New England boarding school so I consider myself an expert on bros. There is a whole culture at my school about "music to shower to". These bros scour every bro music blog looking for songs that have lovely synth + minor rap part + really really poorly sung chorus.

alpiger
Sep 10, 2010

by Ozma
Seriously loving lol at dudes in this thread who have listened to house for all of 6 months getting all haughty about mainstream house when the poo poo you guys listen to is barely a half-step below in terms of mainstream acceptance/disposability and barely a half-step above in terms of quality

quote:

They'd rather skip Wolfgang Gartner, Boys Noize, Feed Me, Kill the Noise, Treasure Fingers, Udachi, Alex Metric and the like for some lovely house mix of an already lovely top40-of-the-week track that won't even matter years from now.

:cawg:

alpiger fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Oct 7, 2010

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

alpiger posted:

Seriously loving lol at dudes in this thread who have listened to house for all of 6 months getting all haughty about mainstream house when the poo poo you guys listen to is barely a half-step below in terms of mainstream acceptance and barely a half-step above in terms of quality

But dude, Boys Noize is timeless unlike this DRECK bumping out of every club that I'm too afraid to step foot in.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Play posted:

in europe people actually have decent taste when it comes to electronic

Interesting statement...

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Ras Het posted:

Interesting statement...

lol yeah a lot of the stuff in top 40 is basically Eurodance beats from 2000. The Taio Cruz backing track sounds the same as Ian van Dahl in a lot of areas.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003
Martin Solveig and Dragonette - Hello (Dada Life Remix)

http://dancesauce.com/?p=349

I can't stop playing this remix right now, plus I love her voice.

Nagget
Jan 17, 2003

alpiger posted:

Seriously loving lol at dudes in this thread who have listened to house for all of 6 months getting all haughty about mainstream house when the poo poo you guys listen to is barely a half-step below in terms of mainstream acceptance/disposability and barely a half-step above in terms of quality

Seriously loving lol at the dudes in this thread who are too loving pretentious to let anyone into their elitist club.

The bottom line is music is meant to be enjoyed, stop taking it, and yourself, too seriously.

ziebarf
Jul 6, 2008

Nagget posted:

Martin Solveig and Dragonette - Hello (Dada Life Remix)

http://dancesauce.com/?p=349

I can't stop playing this remix right now, plus I love her voice.

I was loving it up until the drop.. It just sounds cheesy in my opinion. Maybe my taste is just getting softer.

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

Mike_V posted:

lol yeah a lot of the stuff in top 40 is basically Eurodance beats from 2000. The Taio Cruz backing track sounds the same as Ian van Dahl in a lot of areas.

I'm not sure (maybe I have my genre definitions wrong) but a lot of this stuff sounds like straight up slowed down trance. Its funny because if this was like 8 years ago everyone in the mainstream would poo poo on it because its rave music

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons

Riot.EXE posted:

dude you dont even listen to this music in a public settings so why bother getting pissed, just keep dancing to it in the homecare dept of the place you work.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

phractured posted:

I go to a New England boarding school so I consider myself an expert on bros. There is a whole culture at my school about "music to shower to". These bros scour every bro music blog looking for songs that have lovely synth + minor rap part + really really poorly sung chorus.

I hope you keep your soap on a rope.

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

mythadile posted:

I hope you keep your soap on a rope.

I've seen 4 drunk kids in a single stall shower dancing to Flo Rida. It cannot be unseen.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

phractured posted:

See? Bros.

Riot.EXE posted:

This has to be sarcastic. Please be sarcastic.

Riot.EXE
Oct 11, 2007

Threatis posted:

dude you dont even listen to this music in a public settings so why bother getting pissed, just keep dancing to it in the homecare dept of the place you work.

Actually, I do listen to the stuff in public settings...just not all that often. I'm not so much mad as slightly annoyed.

The Fresh Prince posted:

This has to be sarcastic. Please be sarcastic.

No, it was just the first few producers I rattled off the top of my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

melee beats posted:

I'm not sure (maybe I have my genre definitions wrong) but a lot of this stuff sounds like straight up slowed down trance. Its funny because if this was like 8 years ago everyone in the mainstream would poo poo on it because its rave music

Whatever you want to call stuff like Alice Deejay, Ian van Dahl, DJ Sammy, etc.