Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

lionlegs posted:

New Harry Hill tonight! :dance:

New Louis Theroux tomorrow! :dance:

It really is a good thing you posted this because honestly how could any of us know this without actually having to watch loving ITV.

I had a leaf through his new book yesterday, think I may have to pick it up, I really loved Flight From Deathrow, though it's been years since I read it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?

LE0N posted:

That, in my opinion is the best thing about him though. His hilariously dodgy past, just allows him to go "well ive been there" and no-one bats an eye. I don't get the hate because we can all say "oh he is picking on scummy gutter-snipes" but when we all see them in the street we think exactly the same thing, he just says it. To their faces.

Basically this.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Graviton v2 posted:

ahaaa!

Jurassic Park!

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

MonkeyLibFront posted:

Basically this.

Another thing is that everybody knows what they're in for if they go on the show, I don't know why they all act surprised and indignant they get screamed at for having affairs when he's been through that process on thousands of other shows.

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!

SeanBeansShako posted:

Jurassic Park!

Back of the net.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Gram-O-Phone posted:

Back of the net.

Kiss my face.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Alan Partridge - Eat my Goal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZhysyhUL9k from 'The day Today', I never laughed so much in my 18teenies ever.

meme
Oct 7, 2009

But it's a pretty good way to get someone to spend money on buying you an av and sig. Maybe I should be really obnoxious and get an upgrade myself

Moral of the story: be careful what you wish for.

You are welcome.
Cock, Piss, Partridge

mcjazzaburger
Feb 18, 2009
Grimey Drawer

meme posted:

Cock, Piss, Partridge

cook, pass, babtridge?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Don't draw a cock!

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Oh Sirrah, how deliciously absurd!
Robert a bit slow on the uptake there! I don't know what he had for breakfast. Presumably an infected spinal column in a bap.

Just making a quick joke there about how infected cattle feed can attack the central nervous system.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Another thing is that everybody knows what they're in for if they go on the show, I don't know why they all act surprised and indignant they get screamed at for having affairs when he's been through that process on thousands of other shows.
presumably they get paid for it, it's the only reason that so many cunty "possible dads" would go on it for

Kid Moe
Mar 18, 2009

Hello Mr.Thompson
Anyone see the game?

John_Anon_Smith
Nov 26, 2007
:smug:

LE0N posted:

That, in my opinion is the best thing about him though. His hilariously dodgy past, just allows him to go "well ive been there" and no-one bats an eye. I don't get the hate because we can all say "oh he is picking on scummy gutter-snipes" but when we all see them in the street we think exactly the same thing, he just says it. To their faces.

Oh "we think exactly the same thing" do we? gently caress you and your obnoxious, stuck up arsery you colossal oval office.

John_Anon_Smith fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Oct 10, 2010

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Ein Bear posted:

Robert a bit slow on the uptake there! I don't know what he had for breakfast. Presumably an infected spinal column in a bap.

Just making a quick joke there about how infected cattle feed can attack the central nervous system.

Yes! Its an extender!

I could quote Alan Partridge all day.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Twat!! Did you see that? Liquid football...

Scant Consolation
Sep 4, 2006
Good Egg

Kid Moe posted:

Anyone see the game?

Which one?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Is this where I come to talk about Mrs. Slocombe's pussy?

I just finished another 10 season marathon and every time I watch the lot they get better.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Martytoof posted:

I just finished another 10 season marathon and every time I watch the lot they get better.

I'm pretty sure only Americans watch that show. It's weird that for a British programme, I only know of it from references to it in American shows and Americans talking about it on the internet. It's not been broadcast in the UK for like 30 years or something.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Hey I'm Canadian, we're all part of the same commonwealth here bub :stare:

But in all seriousness, I didn't know that was the case. It was a PBS staple here for the longest time and probably my first exposure to British anything, so weird or not it's definitely memorable :)

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
TV Burp is getting worse. Sometimes it's good and sometimes it's bad which is bad because it used to be all good, all the time.

I think there's too much reliance on callbacks and poo poo like that. Yes, Heather from EastEnders is an unattractive woman but I don't need to see some fat gently caress dressed up like her acting like a moron every time something vaguely food-related happens.

Tardstar
Feb 25, 2010

by Ozmaugh

LE0N posted:

no sorry

while i'm aware of class war i'm on the wrong side sorry

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

marktheando posted:

It's not been broadcast in the UK for like 30 years or something.

Er, yes it has, quite a few times in fact.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Oh OK, I guess I haven't been paying attention to Are You Being Served repeats. It's definitely a lot more popular now on the other side of the pond than it is over here though.

And sorry for calling you American Martytoof.

Kid Moe
Mar 18, 2009

Hello Mr.Thompson

Scant Consolation posted:

Which one?

Dunno...

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

marktheando posted:

I'm pretty sure only Americans watch that show. It's weird that for a British programme, I only know of it from references to it in American shows and Americans talking about it on the internet. It's not been broadcast in the UK for like 30 years or something.

Dave shows it intermittently.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Martytoof posted:

I worked for a guy who once had to make a phonecall to a "Mrs. Slocombe". He told me "I'm going to ask for 'Charlotte Slocombe'. And don't you start laughing, because that'll set me off."

Algol Star
Sep 6, 2010

LE0N posted:

No we don't.

Surprised to see no Theroux discussion here, another depressing but well done doc. Found myself really confused about everything at the end.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

LE0N posted:

As others have said you should speak for yourself, but there's also the fact that he makes a living from human misery. Whether the guests go on of their own accord or not is immaterial.

Contrary to what supercool Internet cynics think, the pursuit and acquisition of money at the expense of others isn't commendable, and if you think it is you're a cock.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

Algol Star posted:

No we don't.

Surprised to see no Theroux discussion here, another depressing but well done doc. Found myself really confused about everything at the end.

It was quite different to his usual documentaries, where he breaks down the PR image through his needling questions. He tried this here, but it didn't matter by the time he found himself in a blood-soaked stampede.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

To quote the silly PC Gamer article, Winnars of the thread at the moment, Inbetweeners and Theroux while the Faildogs(?) are Jeremy Kyle.

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007
I watched the first two series of the Inbetweeners a few days ago and don't really see what all the fuss is about, it's basically Last of the Summer Wine for suburban schoolboys. Except instead of sliding down a hill into a bush every episode, someone just pisses everywhere or something. Every episode is pretty much the same formula, you know what's going to happen five minutes before it does.

What I don't get is at the start of the episode the narrator tells us his horror at going to a state school, but from what I see they're all very middle-class. It's not like it's on a council estate full of smack-heads, there's just that pantomime bully character who doesn't look that rough and never seems to actually batter anyone, and wouldn't be doing A-levels anyway.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

pisshead posted:

stuff
I also find it overhyped in this thread but it makes me giggle. It appeals to the immature part of my brain where someone calling someone 'a gay bumstuffing arsebandit' would make me laugh at that time in life.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

pisshead posted:

What I don't get is at the start of the episode the narrator tells us his horror at going to a state school, but from what I see they're all very middle-class. It's not like it's on a council estate full of smack-heads, there's just that pantomime bully character who doesn't look that rough and never seems to actually batter anyone.
That's the... joke?

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

Whitechapel starts again tonight. The first series was surprisingly good, and I hope they've kept the noir atmosphere. It'll probably be another big hit like the first series, so ITV will undoubtedly commission another one.

Hopefully the writers will have moved on from copycat murders in the next series, and we get more complex plots and villains.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

When the loving gently caress oval office rear end twat is The Thick Of It series 4 coming? I need my Tucker fix.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Ratjaculation posted:

When the loving gently caress oval office rear end twat is The Thick Of It series 4 coming? I need my Tucker fix.

I think I just heard "autumn". Which I guess means soon! Can't wait :D :D :D

Onion Vanguard
Jun 11, 2010

Breathe in. Breathe out.
Dont care if noone watches Eastenders. This episode was just depressing.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Hi, I've come to apply for the doctor's job. I can assure you my credentials are top-notch, I've just graduated from Harvard College Yale. I aced every semester, and I got an 'A'.

A Humble Narcissist posted:

Dont care if noone watches Eastenders. This episode was just depressing.

What happened? I usually watch but I just got in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onion Vanguard
Jun 11, 2010

Breathe in. Breathe out.

Figaro posted:

What happened? I usually watch but I just got in.

Man, watch it on iPlayer. Seriously.