Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Hi, I've come to apply for the doctor's job. I can assure you my credentials are top-notch, I've just graduated from Harvard College Yale. I aced every semester, and I got an 'A'.
I only have an iPhone :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Billy died in his sleep after the party and the entire episode was just the Jacksons and their reactions. I pretty much have to watch Eastenders and Corrie cause my computers in the same room as our good telly that my nan watches.

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

Figaro posted:

I only have an iPhone :(

I'm pretty sure theres a Iplayer app isn't there?

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Hi, I've come to apply for the doctor's job. I can assure you my credentials are top-notch, I've just graduated from Harvard College Yale. I aced every semester, and I got an 'A'.

Lord Dekks posted:

I'm pretty sure theres a Iplayer app isn't there?

I bloody hope so now, I loving hate Billy.

Onion Vanguard
Jun 11, 2010

Breathe in. Breathe out.

Figaro posted:

I bloody hope so now, I loving hate Billy.

How loving dare you. :( Aw man, I loved Billie. (Not Billy as in the Mitchell)

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

He's a whiny loser who blames his mum for everything even though he's like 22. Plus he had stupid hair when he was younger and went missing one Xmas and wrecked the entire day.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

That was a horribly depressing episode of Eastenders. I thought Billie was a crap character, but the fallout from his death was horrible.

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?
I thought the bbc was going to do a Deepcut or die in Afghan slant on billy, i did give out a massive chuckle at his sock though which the missus did not appreciate.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I did think it was a bit irresponsible for the BBC to show him downing a bottle of vodka on Friday night, not realising he was actually about to die because of it.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Man, I am totally burned out on watching Whitney blubbing on the stairs, and Carol doing her stony-faced control thing...

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?
Wasn't there an coroners inquest in to a bloke downing a pint of vodka as a bet the other day who died?

Onion Vanguard
Jun 11, 2010

Breathe in. Breathe out.

Pookah posted:

Man, I am totally burned out on watching Whitney blubbing on the stairs, and Carol doing her stony-faced control thing...

Whitney loving crushed me man.

MonkeyLibFront posted:

Wasn't there an coroners inquest in to a bloke downing a pint of vodka as a bet the other day who died?

Yeah, also my friend knew a guy that died from downing a litre of vodka too.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Not a fan of this inbetweeners episode. Probably makes me boring as gently caress.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I guess nobody else watches this Jamie Oliver show but it's pretty eye opening. Education health authority folks made them go back to sugar filled chocolate/strawberry milk (rather than regular old milk) at an elementary school because the kids are more likely to drink it (and get some calcium.) No poo poo.

They might be the same folks that mandated that every meal have two portions of bread. For primary school kids.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

A5H posted:

Not a fan of this inbetweeners episode. Probably makes me boring as gently caress.

Inbetweeners is one of those programmes I wish was a drama with comedy bits rather than a sitcom.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
I'm going to go ahead and once again shrill my Inbetweeners thread, because I made a thread for The Inbetweeners you see: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3347725

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Akuma posted:

I guess nobody else watches this Jamie Oliver show but it's pretty eye opening. Education health authority folks made them go back to sugar filled chocolate/strawberry milk (rather than regular old milk) at an elementary school because the kids are more likely to drink it (and get some calcium.) No poo poo.

They might be the same folks that mandated that every meal have two portions of bread. For primary school kids.

The state of the food given to kids at school in the UK is pretty awful. Even after Jamie Olivers' previous programme about the subject, and the subsequent government campaign to get healthy food back on the menu, the choices are still utter shite. I went with my cousin to pick her 5-year old up from school and it was a full-on carbohydrate-fest. "Macaroni & chips", "Pizza & chips" and "Chips & chips". There were a few sad vegetables there, but the kids ignored them and there was no attempt on the part of the lunch ladies or teachers to get the kids to eat them. Plus, at the brand-new local high school there are apparently no water fountains, but there are fizzy juice vending machines on every floor.

Mind you, I do live in Glasgow, where "macaroni cheese inna pie" and "Greggs sausage roll with cheese and Heinz beans baked into it" are considered delicacies, so the local council might just have given up in pure despair.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Irisi posted:

Mind you, I do live in Glasgow, where "macaroni cheese inna pie" and "Greggs sausage roll with cheese and Heinz beans baked into it" are considered delicacies, so the local council might just have given up in pure despair.

Oh God I know, I work at Glasgow Uni and the amount of kids scoffing pies, chips and unidentifiable slop on Great Western Road is staggering.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I enjoy this Jamie Oliver show. The woman that's 'in charge' or whatever seems like a total moron with no spine. What a waste of a job.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
In 6th form we got hit with the first of Jamie's changes, salt wasn't regularly available, chips were only served on certain days, you couldn't buy chocolate at all and the only drinks avaiable were either milk, water or fruit juice.

As far as I know, it's still the same here in Northern Ireland, there were some pretty big changes. We went from having things like big bags of Haribo and huge muffins on sale to healthy alternatives like granola bars and bags of pre cut fruit inside one term.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

In 6th form we got hit with the first of Jamie's changes, salt wasn't regularly available, chips were only served on certain days, you couldn't buy chocolate at all and the only drinks avaiable were either milk, water or fruit juice.

As far as I know, it's still the same here in Northern Ireland, there were some pretty big changes. We went from having things like big bags of Haribo and huge muffins on sale to healthy alternatives like granola bars and bags of pre cut fruit inside one term.

Go on have a healthy granola bar, it's delicious... What do you mean you don't want one. Do you want to die before the age of 25? Take it! Go on eat it you loving peasant, EAT WHAT I TELL YOU TO EAT!!!!!! DIABETES!!!!!!!!

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders
It's all right. I'm sure Billie's only sleeping. Wake up Billie, come on. I've made you your favourite: coco pops with blue WKD. I'll just spoon it in your open mouth and you can chew it when you wake up.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Just to update on Todd Margaret which was mentioned a few pages pack, it should be surfacing on More4 pretty soon, so keep an eye out for it.

Another comedy from the Comedy Lab that gave us Todd Margaret and PhoneShop, Campus, is appearing in early 2011. The team behind Green Wing is behind it so it could be good.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.

reality_groove posted:

The team behind Green Wing is behind it so it could be good.

Does not compute.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Adrianics posted:

Does not compute.

You got to mean it was done by the guy who was working as a runner for the writers of the Green Wing right?

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
The episode of Harry and Paul just finished not 30 seconds ago was great. The last sketch makes up for any of the dodgey ones.

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010

reality_groove posted:

Just to update on Todd Margaret which was mentioned a few pages pack, it should be surfacing on More4 pretty soon, so keep an eye out for it.

Another comedy from the Comedy Lab that gave us Todd Margaret and PhoneShop, Campus, is appearing in early 2011. The team behind Green Wing is behind it so it could be good.

Watched the Pilot when they made that, don't bother. Just go watch Green Wing. It's not to say there wasn't a couple of funny moments, but all of them could have been in Green Wing. You had the wacky superior character, the womanizing old hand, the naive frumpy new girl, the zany personnel staff and it's basically Green Wing in a different setting.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Last Him and Her I think this week, gently caress Steve for not liking Steven Fry.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
I've just watched the first few minutes of Lip Service. The acting is so wooden, it makes the Hollyoaks dialogue look Shakespearian.

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
Tried to watch that Him and Her thing but couldn't really do it. My friends are alot more entertaining than that when drunk. Is it meant to be a comedy or a drama or both? All the characters seemed really dull and self-absorbed.

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

Look here, I wrote "big laundry" and I don't even remember what the reason was. I guess I assumed I'd remember, like it was some big genius idea... Big laundry, BIG LAUNDRY! It's crazy, I'm a crazy person.
I'm halfway through series 2 of Peep Show and Jesus loving Christ, Mark is a goddamned nutjob. This show is extremely funny but there are some moments that are just downright disturbing. The camera direction and the internal monologues flesh out the characters very well, to the point they almost appear too real. It's scarily well-written all around.

Born agoon. posted:

Watched the Pilot when they made that, don't bother. Just go watch Green Wing. It's not to say there wasn't a couple of funny moments, but all of them could have been in Green Wing. You had the wacky superior character, the womanizing old hand, the naive frumpy new girl, the zany personnel staff and it's basically Green Wing in a different setting.

My issue with that show is it needed to be like, 40 minutes instead of an hour. The really funny bits were so far away from each other, and the scene transitions detracted from the scenes themselves. I can't say what would be a better format for it, but it's like they had a solid show but needed to pad it out to hit the timeframe. That and I felt it didn't get more on the ball until the second series, but if it wasn't for the fact it had a lot of actors I liked from other shows in it I probably wouldn't have found that out.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Shadow The Rat posted:

I'm halfway through series 2 of Peep Show and Jesus loving Christ, Mark is a goddamned nutjob. This show is extremely funny but there are some moments that are just downright disturbing. The camera direction and the internal monologues flesh out the characters very well, to the point they almost appear too real. It's scarily well-written

Oh God, looking back he was relatively sane in series 2. Just wait until you reach the present day!

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

Look here, I wrote "big laundry" and I don't even remember what the reason was. I guess I assumed I'd remember, like it was some big genius idea... Big laundry, BIG LAUNDRY! It's crazy, I'm a crazy person.

Figaro posted:

Oh God, looking back he was relatively sane in series 2. Just wait until you reach the present day!

Yeah I was wondering that, like if this is how he is NOW, gently caress knows how screwed he is after four more series.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

I think the other characters get slightly exaggerated as the series goes on in order to compete with Mark. Jeremy was just a lazy selfish loser in series 1 but by series 6 he's done some pretty intentionally horrible things. Sophie too, she was just an ordinary girl at Mark's work but he managed to drag her down to his level eventually. Peep show is loving great, I'm going to go watch the racism ep in series 2, best episode of the entire run.

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

That was a pretty fantastic episode, you fuckin Nazi. That episode is creepy on another level, replace Mark's friend with my mother and the dialogue is mostly unchanged, she was a BNP member for a bit :gonk:

It's good to know Sophie falls from grace a bit since it was kind of odd that after all she saw Mark do, still taking an interest in him is bizarre. It makes more sense that someone who's a bit off upstairs themselves would still hang around Mark. Maybe he's just bleeding the psycho onto everyone else.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Al2001 posted:

Tried to watch that Him and Her thing but couldn't really do it. My friends are alot more entertaining than that when drunk. Is it meant to be a comedy or a drama or both? All the characters seemed really dull and self-absorbed.
it's a comedy, suppose it's fairly subtle though. How much have you watched? It's intentionally meant to follow a couple of rather uninteresting people doing uninteresting things, but the humour kind of lies in that. If you don't get it after watching a few episodes you may as well give up because it doesn't change a lot, but I really enjoyed it after just the first episode and the quality is consistent throughout.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Peep Show really is great. They really did a 180 with Sophie. She was a likeable character, but she eventually turned up as an incredibly vindictive, spiteful bitch. The great thing is that i'm not entirely sure that she wasn't like that before, but because you only get the internal monologues of Jez and Mark you probably didn't realize it.

I remember Olivia Coleman did an interview with Jonathan Ross and she said that the entire cast pretty much show up one day to the recording and they've already got the script there that they have to do. Apparantly the first time they see it is when they're there to perform it.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I personally think everyone is broken in Peepshow.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
We've got an entire Peep Show thread here.

I think I should watch some of Peep Show again. It's been so long since I've seen it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006
The Van Driver's Lament on Harry and Paul was loving brilliant.