Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
I don't have many pictures of my cats, but here a couple that I like.

This is Missy, my wife and I adopted her when she was around three years old. In the last ten years, she's been with me from the west side of Cleveland, to Las Vegas, to Miami, to the east side of Cleveland, to LA, and back to Cleveland, again.

Missy has the most amazing purr, you can hear it from across a room. All I have to do is walk near her, and she fires it up. Missy is awesome.

Not pictured: Pavarotti, a beautiful calico we rescues, and Micky, a grey-and-white runt who showed up on our doorstep in Miami, literally on the verge of death. I'll see if my wife can send me some pictures of them, they are also awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poknok
Mar 14, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Sea Monkey posted:

No idea why but this was saved on my computer.

That's Bikecat, a meme.

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Bikecat

Intl Cron
Dec 5, 2005

I'm just an olde-fashioned cowboy...
This is our new kitten, Augustus. AKA Augustus Gloop, Gus-Gus, Goose, Goober.

Click here for the full 538x720 image.

Click here for the full 720x479 image.

Too drat mischievous for his own good.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Intl Cron has a new favorite as of 01:49 on Sep 26, 2010

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
Esteban dislikes ultrasonic focus motor noises.

How could I forget bathtime?

milquetoast child has a new favorite as of 06:41 on Sep 26, 2010

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick

Propagandalf posted:

[timg]http://img.waffleimages.com/fea3563da198f485eda85bebc957da729194ccd7/rumbles 101 [640x480].JPG[/timg]

Tuna getting an unexpected foot up the nose from the since-passed Crumbles.

That's an awesome picture.

tacoman165
Feb 9, 2005
From the Kagoneko blog

Ottoman
Apr 30, 2004

Hideki! You have so many side dishes. Can Chii be your main course?
This is an adorable random pic from my hard drive:

This was the best pusscat ever to live, Smudges AKA Pusscat and also this is evidence that you don't need a fancy studio, we were taking eBay pics with a tripod, a macro setting, and a white sheet on the couch which of course attracted Pusscat to the scene.

She was as sweet and beautiful in spirit as she looks here.

She was also hosed up, she loved it when we smacked her butt really hard, she would get all riled up and kick herself in the head violently with her back paw. I miss her, she was my childhood cat and only died about a year ago.

Our current cat, Lola AKA Bowser AKA Pusscat is differently insane.

She refuses to drink any other water we provide for her, it's gotta be from the toilet. Gross cat.

And this was probably taken moments before shredding daddy for an imagined transgression.

Love this thread by the way.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Have you tried a cat fountain Ottoman? I've heard a few success stories with them over toilet loving cats.

Solysh
Mar 29, 2008

There are three things you can never have enough of in life, Lieutenant: chocolate, friends and the theatre.
Pipsqueek in a box, with her sister Monkey helping investigate.

Click here for the full 1200x1600 image.

Click here for the full 1200x1600 image.

Pipsqueek all grown up.

Click here for the full 765x1024 image.

Pipsqueeks sister, Monkey.

Click here for the full 765x1024 image.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.
My cats are indoor-only because we live on a heavily-trafficked street and they're idiots, but they're getting fat and lazy inside so we've been taking them out into our scruffy little backyard for supervised 'field trips'. I took pictures yesterday and thought I'd share them with you goons.

Tillie Two-Tone was Excited with a capital E.

Doubting Thomas was a bit more Doubtful.

He needed some encouragement...

But then he remembered that plastic balls are for hitting.

And warm concrete is pretty okay, too.

Tillie rolled in dirt like a dog and was sooo pleased with herself.

:3:

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
There's a Japanese woman at work who goes into a sort of epileptic fit whenever she sees something cute. It's sort of this crazed "Snoopy dance" where she leaps into the air and twiddles her toes and claps her hands while squealing at the cute thing, kind of like this:

Anyway, I'm a grown man and that's what I did when I saw your cats, so gently caress you.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.
Aw, I'm sorry buddy, I didn't mean to emasculate you via the inter -oh wait what's this I have here?

:smug:

yeah, that's a dog in there, but someone needs to tell him that.

Landerig
Oct 27, 2008

by Fistgrrl

vaginadeathgrip posted:

Can't forget about my own :3:

When small children start mistaking your cat for a fuzzy beachball, it might be time to reduce its food intake.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

Captain Foxy posted:

Tillie Two-Tone was Excited with a capital E.

Tillie has the best expression in this picture :3:

Zsa Zsa Gabor
Feb 22, 2006

I don't do drugs, if I want a rush I just get out of the chair when I'm not expecting it
My cat, Janu Pitrolino, smiling for the camera.

Janu and Migas during their daily Muay Thai practice.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Catch mouse: CHECK.

(This just happened about 5 minutes ago)

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster

Dory is figuring out exactly how high she would like her mountain of skulls to be...

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Cid!

I have two cats, but the Manx refuses to sit for photos :(

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Bonald Farndhardt
Apr 18, 2005
Ye it up
I'm doing Peace Corps in Nicaragua. Last year I found a sack of kittens that some kid had dumped along the street. So I adopted them!

I gave two away and kept the runty one. His name is Nico.

He is full of beans, in the figurative sense.

Next month he gets to live the American Dream!

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

My Precious Eggs posted:

I'm doing Peace Corps in Nicaragua. Last year I found a sack of kittens that some kid had dumped along the street. So I adopted them!

I gave two away and kept the runty one. His name is Nico.

He is full of beans, in the figurative sense.

Next month he gets to live the American Dream!

How much trouble are you having bringing him back to the US? I've heard some people say that the US is extremely relaxed about that sort of thing compared to a lot of other countries (I'm looking at you, Australia), but I've never heard from anyone who's actually gone through the process.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Trig Discipline posted:

How much trouble are you having bringing him back to the US? I've heard some people say that the US is extremely relaxed about that sort of thing compared to a lot of other countries (I'm looking at you, Australia), but I've never heard from anyone who's actually gone through the process.

We took two cats from the US to Italy for three years and brought them back and it wasn't that big of a deal. The only time they checked the paperwork was leaving the states. We had to have some proof from the vet that they had their shots, etc.

One of the cats we came back with was not the one we left with so we only had about a year's worth of paperwork and again...no one cared.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
It differs by animal. I think that with dogs there's actually a quarantine period upon bringing them back to the States. Things may be more relaxed for cats.

Big Slick
Jul 27, 2004
Dreamed I Killed God...
Our cat Soho. I gave her a bath, she destroys our Oreos. Even trade-off

Bonald Farndhardt
Apr 18, 2005
Ye it up

Trig Discipline posted:

As far as I can tell it's pretty easy. You just have to have an official certificate of health (vaccines, no parasites, etc), and you have to pay like 100 bucks to take a cat on an airplane.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I have a heartwarming kitty story to share. I figured this would be a good place to do it because gently caress those scary catladies in Pet Island.

I was at a large family birthday out in the country this weekend. The hostess had her own cat, who was very aggressive and territorial. She also hated all other cats but her own. Along comes this other cat, basically just a large, female kitten, who had been abandoned by a neighbouring couple when they moved away. It's hungry, cold and starved for any kind of care or attention, so it meowed a lot and tried to rub against the legs of the guests who were outside smoking. It then followed them back into the dining hall, which prompted the evil hostess to kick it out. This happened several times over the next few hours, disrupting speeches and driving the woman crazy. Kitty was very persistent, however, and ended up being brought in by some compassionate guests, sitting on a chair and being petted for an hour. It was kicked out again when the hostess discovered it. She went on the phone and made arrangements to have it shot the next day.

Thankfully, before this could happen, my cousin and his wife chose to adopt and bring it home with them. That came about after several guests had protested the otherwise certain death of this adorable, little creature. Operation: Kitten Rescue was a success. :3:

I'll try to get my hands on some pictures.

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

im just trying to get you into bed

SplitSoul posted:

I have a heartwarming kitty story to share. I figured this would be a good place to do it because gently caress those scary catladies in Pet Island.

I was at a large family birthday out in the country this weekend. The hostess had her own cat, who was very aggressive and territorial. She also hated all other cats but her own. Along comes this other cat, basically just a large, female kitten, who had been abandoned by a neighbouring couple when they moved away. It's hungry, cold and starved for any kind of care or attention, so it meowed a lot and tried to rub against the legs of the guests who were outside smoking. It then followed them back into the dining hall, which prompted the evil hostess to kick it out. This happened several times over the next few hours, disrupting speeches and driving the woman crazy. Kitty was very persistent, however, and ended up being brought in by some compassionate guests, sitting on a chair and being petted for an hour. It was kicked out again when the hostess discovered it. She went on the phone and made arrangements to have it shot the next day.

Thankfully, before this could happen, my cousin and his wife chose to adopt and bring it home with them. That came about after several guests had protested the otherwise certain death of this adorable, little creature. Operation: Kitten Rescue was a success. :3:

Man, who do you even call to have a kitten shot? I can't imagine running a successful business offering to shoot kittens for money. I'm glad the kitty was rescued though :3:

Morten Harket
Apr 22, 2005

Saint Harket
[quote="Captain Foxy"]
Aw, I'm sorry buddy, I didn't mean to emasculate you via the inter -oh wait what's this I have here?

:smug:

I LOVE this photo, so drat cute. I have a Pom as well, who is a giant pain in the rear end.

I have many favorite cat pictures, my own and from elsewhere. Here is one of our dumpster kitty:

My husband's cat is a fatass but loves boxes of any size. Sweet as hell, though. He didn't fit well into the package some kitten food came in:

spyderbyte
Mar 12, 2002

All I ever wanted
All I ever needed
Is here in my arms

My Precious Eggs posted:

As far as I can tell it's pretty easy. You just have to have an official certificate of health (vaccines, no parasites, etc), and you have to pay like 100 bucks to take a cat on an airplane.

Its only annoying inasmuch as you have to get the USDA vet to sign off on the paperwork and there is frequently only one per US state.

Chantilly Say posted:

It differs by animal. I think that with dogs there's actually a quarantine period upon bringing them back to the States. Things may be more relaxed for cats.

Negative. The only place that requires quarantine is Hawaii (the most strict two weeks in hospital), Japan (and it's in your home) and UK/NZ/OZ (if you don't have the Rabies titers done). I've prepared paper work for DOD people bringing their pets with them, as there is no excuse not to. It's not any different for civilians either.

spyderbyte has a new favorite as of 02:13 on Oct 12, 2010

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Lenny proudly displays his luxurious toe hair

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.

SplitSoul posted:

We scary catladies aren't that bad. You would get bullied into posting pictures, and they would be sad that you couldn't call somebody to have that lady shot.

To stay on topic here is a picture of my special kitty:

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
Someone interrupted one of my photo shoots today, and since it was already set up (again) here we go:

Oh No Esteban! Something is attached to your butt and is black and fuzzy! Better chase it!

What's that noise? It's the model laughing really hard at you!

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Al says hi.

TRISHY
Apr 12, 2005

Vicky is starting to sleep weird as she gets older...

I came back after a while and found her like this...

She likes to stretch out..

She apparently likes this..

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

DoktorLoken posted:

Al says hi.

Hi Al :3:

Meet Prince the cat, he guards the stable my gf goes to and likes very much to cuddle with everyone.

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

spyderbyte posted:

Negative. The only place that requires quarantine is Hawaii (the most strict two weeks in hospital), Japan (and it's in your home) and UK/NZ/OZ (if you don't have the Rabies titers done). I've prepared paper work for DOD people bringing their pets with them, as there is no excuse not to. It's not any different for civilians either.

Could you explain about 'Rabies titers'? For some time now I've been wishing I could go back to the UK (I'm in New Zealand, I'm a citizen in both places) but thought I couldn't possibly because I've got two lovely cats, don't want to part with them, and assumed I could never get them into the UK.

Crummy cellphone snap of my doofus cat Teddy sleeping on my foot because she loves me so much:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Category Fun! posted:

Man, who do you even call to have a kitten shot? I can't imagine running a successful business offering to shoot kittens for money.

It was just a neighbour with a hunting license, I imagine.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Dove from Above posted:

Could you explain about 'Rabies titers'? For some time now I've been wishing I could go back to the UK (I'm in New Zealand, I'm a citizen in both places) but thought I couldn't possibly because I've got two lovely cats, don't want to part with them, and assumed I could never get them into the UK.

Here: http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pets/pets/travel/pets/procedures/owners.htm NZ is a listed country, so you can do it without putting them through quarantine if you get them vacc'd, get blood titre confirmation that the vaccine worked and have them microchipped. That's a gently caress of a long flight though.

Ottoman
Apr 30, 2004

Hideki! You have so many side dishes. Can Chii be your main course?
This cutie was prowlin' across the street the other day, I saw he had a collar so I went outside and called to him, he came right over to say hi and wanted some pettin.

... until he saw my cat shooting daggers at him from my screen door.

I managed to get a picture of them as they were trying to beat down the door to kill each other. I have never heard my girl make such unearthly sounds before.

Ottoman has a new favorite as of 01:22 on Oct 14, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Captain Foxy posted:

:wtc: Your cats are dead ringers for mine.