Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/2003509215.html

Changing timing belt but not water pump? 17" wheels on an E30??? OH loving COME ON OMER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR

minivanmegafun posted:

Do I miss living in Racine, let me count the ways:

5. Wells Bros Pizza

No. It's not worth getting shot over pizza.

Kringle :argh:

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

dietcokefiend posted:

Kringle :argh:

Overrated, overgrown Danish. <:hehe:>

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

slidebite posted:

Asking a little too much IMHO, but I'm trying to contact the guy. Seems in decent shape from the photos.

http://medicinehat.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-Subaru-Brat-truck-W0QQAdIdZ218911659

Been in contact with the fellow. It's in "OK" shape but not worth anywhere near $3900. I don't think it's worth $2K.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
Apparently the prices vary depending on what part of the advert you are reading...

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/2003293607.html

Click here for the full 768x944 image.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

I love my CB750 K7.
$500ish is a pretty good deal here in VA.

There seem to be an abundance of these out west but not quite as many on the east cost. :(

Content:
Typical BMW owner <3

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 14, 2010

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Typical BMW owner <3

That's actually kind of funny :3:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

extreme_accordion posted:

Apparently the prices vary depending on what part of the advert you are reading...

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/2003293607.html

Click here for the full 768x944 image.

People are lazy about which part of the ad they edit when they update.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

kimbo305 posted:

People are lazy about which part of the ad they edit when they update.

It makes perfect sense?

edit to let me be less obtuse: He has the main car for 600 bucks. If you want the sedan too, that's 1000. If you want to just buy the sedan, 450.

so 1 car is 600, the other is 450, you want both , KNOCK 50 MOTHERFUCKERS OFF THAT poo poo NIGGA IT'S $1K.

edit again: Didn't notice the $900. That fucker just crazy.

TheFonz fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 15, 2010

KlementGottwald
Dec 24, 2009

by angerbot

Jorsh posted:

Changing timing belt but not water pump? 17" wheels on an E30??? OH loving COME ON OMER

I, too, am left scratching my head. It might be salvageable, but not for 3600$.

btw would anyone be interested in a possibly free e30?

The Good;

>It drives.

The Bad;

>You name it(Blown head gasket, bad right ball joint, bad release bearing, exhaust cockeyed and leaking, intermittent stalling)

I'll talk to the owner, if anyones interested.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Diesel Buick Lesabre? Sounds like a cool car if it's legit.

Click here for the full 1050x654 image.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
the diesels of that era a rare for a reason :v:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Yeah; there were a fair number of them when new. Converting a gas-designed motor to diesel isn't as easy as the GM marketeers assumed it would be.

The only one of those I've seen around these parts (South Jersey/Philadelphia) was a little old lady car with less than 20K on it.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
Honda Beat Roadster for sale in the upper west...

http://bringatrailer.com/2010/10/14/656cc-jdm-rarity-1993-honda-beat-roadster/

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/1999684304.html

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/honda-beat/ke3430.html

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

PainterofCrap posted:

Yeah; there were a fair number of them when new. Converting a gas-designed motor to diesel isn't as easy as the GM marketeers assumed it would be.

The only one of those I've seen around these parts (South Jersey/Philadelphia) was a little old lady car with less than 20K on it.

It's not that it's particularly difficult, the block has to be stronger, the problem comes in when you do a bad job at it.

The 6.9 and 7.3 Powerstroke is an IH MV446 gasoline v8 converted to diesel, and it's widely regarded as a good diesel engine. IH actually went through the trouble to ensure reliable performance in real-world applications, and there are some significant changes to the engine.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!

KlementGottwald posted:

I, too, am left scratching my head. It might be salvageable, but not for 3600$.

btw would anyone be interested in a possibly free e30?

The Good;

>It drives.

The Bad;

>You name it(Blown head gasket, bad right ball joint, bad release bearing, exhaust cockeyed and leaking, intermittent stalling)

I'll talk to the owner, if anyones interested.

Rust?

Where?

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003

That's amazing. Sure it would make my Miata seem like a drag car, but still!!!

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
No way that car's legal.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
:wtc:

http://ucar.autos.yahoo.co.jp/detail.html?article_id=U000000CU0006147630&fmc=0&mc=0&grade=0&photo=1

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Oct 16, 2010

Bob Log
May 19, 2004

Hey, It's Bob Log
I just don't even know what to make of this:

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

Real gold?

Click here for the full 1280x1024 image.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Were any of you guys aware of such a thing:

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

VideoTapir posted:

These are very rare and cool, there is also an even better version with a front end that draws from classic european sports cars like the 250 GTO etc.

Honestly I don't get why that isn't an option for the Miata normally, it'd help them lose the girly car association big time. I'd actually love a Miata coupe on some nice wheels and stuff, especially if it had the NA front end.

Put a rotary in that, and it'd be an EXCELLENT modern re-imagining of the original Cosmo 110S. gently caress what a car that'd be. That would have been 1000 times cooler than that drat RX8 we ended up with.

Pretty Little Rainbow fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Oct 16, 2010

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

VideoTapir posted:

Oh dear lord... :flashfap:

KlementGottwald
Dec 24, 2009

by angerbot

Moruitelda posted:

Rust?

Where?

Sunroof, bottom of doors, hole in floor near where the rear passenger sits.

MASSIVE oil leak due to Blown head gasket.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Pretty Little Rainbow posted:

These are very rare and cool, there is also an even better version with a front end that draws from classic european sports cars like the 250 GTO etc.

Honestly I don't get why that isn't an option for the Miata normally, it'd help them lose the girly car association big time. I'd actually love a Miata coupe on some nice wheels and stuff, especially if it had the NA front end.

Put a rotary in that, and it'd be an EXCELLENT modern re-imagining of the original Cosmo 110S. gently caress what a car that'd be. That would have been 1000 times cooler than that drat RX8 we ended up with.
When I first saw that just now, I really liked the shape of the rear side glass and fender. My first thought was, it would look better with a gaping front inlet nose. Now you mention there is one!
I'm an old school rotor fan, don't like the rx8 one bit. A rotary in an MX5 hardtop would be awesome. Now idea why mazda don't take the hint, especially since Bullet went there about a decade ago.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!

KlementGottwald posted:

Sunroof, bottom of doors, hole in floor near where the rear passenger sits.

MASSIVE oil leak due to Blown head gasket.

Which leaves the second question... where?

TheJeffers
Jan 31, 2007

Dschingis Khan posted:

Real gold?

Click here for the full 1280x1024 image.

Way too much rust. There are nicer 240 wagons around for not much more.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Fo3 posted:

When I first saw that just now, I really liked the shape of the rear side glass and fender. My first thought was, it would look better with a gaping front inlet nose. Now you mention there is one!
I'm an old school rotor fan, don't like the rx8 one bit. A rotary in an MX5 hardtop would be awesome. Now idea why mazda don't take the hint, especially since Bullet went there about a decade ago.

If I ever have a load of money, once one of those MX-5s is 15 years old so I can bring it into Canada I'll have to import one, shove a reasonably modified N/A 13B in there, and make it into some kind of cool modern tribute to the RX-3 or something.

Blinky Blinkerson
May 9, 2006

Click here for the full 1275x603 image.

who wants to take a guess on how it runs ?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
"not hard on gas"

Excuse me while I die from laughter.

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.

Bob Log posted:

I just don't even know what to make of this:

Clutch intercooler!

It lowers the temperature of the intake charge to the... clutch? :crossarms:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

metaxus posted:

Clutch intercooler!

It lowers the temperature of the intake charge to the... clutch? :crossarms:

My guess is he forgot the "," but yeah, that's a loving mess. I also love the fantastic barginaing skills these guys have. "I'm asking $16000 but I'll take $14000" :downs:

Or

"Open to all offers, worst I'll do is say no" then a second later "If it's not over a certain amount I'll just ignore you!"

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

Blinky Blinkerson posted:

Click here for the full 1275x603 image.

who wants to take a guess on how it runs ?

Who cares, it is awesome

KlementGottwald
Dec 24, 2009

by angerbot

Moruitelda posted:

Which leaves the second question... where?

Ontario. Pickering, to be exact.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Who wants a project? :v:

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

14 INCH DICK TURBO posted:

Ooooh, a small block chevy a couple of cans of orange paint and total lack of dignity I can finally have my English General Lee replicar.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

AGGH, WHY MUST YOU POST STUFF LIKE THIS, DAMNIT :argh:

Despite my already having 4 cars here (that I really don't have space for), an '89 XJS V12 came up on my local CL a few months back for $900 running. I think I posted it here, actually. If that guy had ever emailed me back, I probably would have ended up with it, along with all of the headaches and financial ruin that only a 20+ year old V12 Jaguar can deliver. And, I would have been adding yet another horribly impractical / useless 2 door coupe to the mix. :suicide: My thought process on buying real cars is like a drat 7 year old picking out Matchbox cars at Toys R Us. :sigh:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I realised I forgot the link to that. In your situation, I'm just going to leave this right here and let you decide (get it)

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/2015221541.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

I realised I forgot the link to that. In your situation, I'm just going to leave this right here and let you decide (get it)

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/2015221541.html

I think I'm safe here, since that car is like 2,000+ miles from me. Seeing stuff like this just makes me want to hit up the CL-within-100-miles-because-that's-as-far as-AAA-goes ads and go looking again though. My CL always seems to turn up at least a couple gems.

Fake edit: Like this one. Oh god, it's beautiful and already has a swap done, holyfuck, goddamnit this is why I don't do this anymore, gently caress