Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

JethroMcB posted:

Exactly. George invokes society when he sees somebody getting away with something and thinks, "Dammit! I know I couldn't get away with that!"

George: "I would drape myself in velvet if it were socially acceptable."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What was the one where George enters a room softly saying "Co.... Stan....Za"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

euphronius posted:

What was the one where George enters a room softly saying "Co.... Stan....Za"

"The Chicken Roaster," and it's when he leaves the room in order to make his dates remember his name.

"I'm like a commercial jingle. First it's a little irritating, then you hear it a few times, you hum it in the shower...by the third date, it's 'By Mennen!'"

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss
>:3

e: nevermind

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007
"Elaine just laughed at me and Kramer's only interested in Canadian football"

That's just like Kramer. He probably likes the rouge. Loves it.

"The Label Maker" is such a fantastic episode. The Risk game, the menage a tois callback, the "Draped in velvet" line mentioned earlier and the line Jerry delivers about Watley

"I think he re-gifted then de-gifted and now is using an upstairs invite as a springboard to Super Bowl sex romp!"

BlackJosh fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Oct 16, 2010

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

BlackJosh posted:

"I think he re-gifted then de-gifted and now is using an upstairs invite as a springboard to Super Bowl sex romp!"

The best part about that line is George's little arm/fist pump thing. Unfortunately, I cannot find a video clip.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

I don't care what ANYONE says, Milosh the Tennis Pro is the best one-time character ever.

Rick Barr is pretty great. Oh, and James Spader.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

Capt. Sticl posted:

The best part about that line is George's little arm/fist pump thing. Unfortunately, I cannot find a video clip.

It's on the TBS website right now! (this is how I just watched it)

bruckner
Sep 11, 2010
The funneist thing I've been thinking about recently is george offering the susan ross scholarship to a young aspiring architect with a solid 2.0 GPA. George chooses him instantly when he tries lying about being a chess player.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

bruckner posted:

The funneist thing I've been thinking about recently is george offering the susan ross scholarship to a young aspiring architect with a solid 2.0 GPA. George chooses him instantly when he tries lying about being a chess player.

I just laughed for like thirty seconds straight at the memory of this alone. gently caress. What an amazing character.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

bruckner posted:

GEORGE: so, uh, Steven.. I see you're president of the chess club.

STEVEN: State champs.

GEORGE: Who's your favorite chess player?

STEVEN: (Hesitating, he mumbles) Nastercoff?

GEORGE: Right. (Mumbles) Nastercoff.. What country is he from, again?

STEVEN: (Sighs) I don't know.. I made it up. (Gets up to leave) I'm never gonna get this thing.

GEORGE: (Gets up, stopping him) Woah, woah, woah! What are you telling me for? You really had me going, there! C'mon, sit down. (They both sit back down)

What do you want to do when you grow up?

STEVEN: I've been telling people that I'd like to be an architect..

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

bruckner posted:

"Right in the meaty part of the curve - Not showin' off, not fallin' behind!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

bruckner posted:

And doesn't George's protege end up having lied about being such a loser in the first place, as he's actually some hardass member of a street gang whose gangsign Kramer knows but George doesn't?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

As I recall, the other members of the Foundation convince the kid he doesn't want to be an architect, then the kid and the rest of them start making fun of architects, so George takes away the scholarship and he joins the gang.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Lord Hydronium posted:

As I recall, the other members of the Foundation convince the kid he doesn't want to be an architect, then the kid and the rest of them start making fun of architects, so George takes away the scholarship and he joins the gang.

Nah, the kid offered up that he wanted to be a city planner, then he and Wink(I know it's not 'Wink') ripped on architects in front of George.

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"

LesterGroans posted:

Nah, the kid offered up that he wanted to be a city planner, then he and Wink(I know it's not 'Wink') ripped on architects in front of George.

The dumbest guy in my fraternity became an architect!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Flobbster posted:

The dumbest guy in my fraternity became an architect!

After he flunked out of dental school!

fusionpit
Sep 8, 2005

Does that make me crazy?
College Slice

LesterGroans posted:

After he flunked out of dental school!

Not to mention the Blacks and the Jews!

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

fusionpit posted:

Not to mention the Blacks and the Jews!

They DO have their own schools!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

HEY, DENTY!

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

LesterGroans posted:

"What's your favorite animal?"

"Uhm.. a frog?"

"FROG? Frog is wrong."

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
"So, who's your favorite chess player?"
"...Nehsauufv?"
"Right... Isacauufv"

"Should I wear the outfit I bought today?"
"Sure!"
"Which one?"
"The one with the uh, with the flavvmin"

Relayer fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 18, 2010

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I was watching Mad Men and one of the lines made me think about an exchange in "The Statue"

quote:

RAY: Well, that's because I'm registered under my full legal name, Raymond Thomas Wochinski. Ray Thomas is my professional name.

GEORGE: You mean alias.

RAY: You are starting to make me angry.

GEORGE: Well, that was bound to happen!

I had to pause the show because of my giggling.

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

He just put the kibosh on me, do you know what the kibosh means, it's a kibosh!

Supreme Allah posted:

"What's your favorite animal?"

"Uhm.. a frog?"

"FROG? Frog is wrong."

I like when George asks the girl why they have to tilt the harp while they play it. It was the kind of question Larry David would've asked someone in Curb.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

HateTheInternet posted:

I like when George asks the girl why they have to tilt the harp while they play it. It was the kind of question Larry David would've asked someone in Curb.

"Well actually, the modern harp has been refined for gener.."
"THANK..you..."

bruckner
Sep 11, 2010
"There, ya got no place to go... I'll tell you what your problem is. You got your Queen out too fast. Heh- what do you think, she's one of those feminists waiting to get out of the house?? Nahhhh, the Queen is old-fashioned.. likes to stay home, cook, take care of her man, making sure he feels good."

"Check-mate"

"....I don't think we should see eachother anymore."

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

It makes me wonder how someone like Jerry could stand to be longtime friends with someone like George.

George is the type of person who you'd be sort of friends with as a kid because you liked the same comic books, but eventually you'd want to disassociate yourself from him in order to avoid social alienation.

procrasturbate
Nov 10, 2009
What is actually wrong with the girl Jerry's dating in the Van Buren Boys episode? The one whose friends say she "really needs this" and the one Jerry's mom 100% approves of...

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

procrasturbate posted:

What is actually wrong with the girl Jerry's dating in the Van Buren Boys episode? The one whose friends say she "really needs this" and the one Jerry's mom 100% approves of...

Nothing, that's the joke.

procrasturbate
Nov 10, 2009
Huh. Got me good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HateTheInternet posted:

It makes me wonder how someone like Jerry could stand to be longtime friends with someone like George.

George is the type of person who you'd be sort of friends with as a kid because you liked the same comic books, but eventually you'd want to disassociate yourself from him in order to avoid social alienation.

I think it's really important to keep in mind that Jerry Seinfeld is a horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible person and George is a real kindred spirit. He also makes Jerry look a hell of a lot better by comparison. Jerry gets away with a lot of poo poo because George is right there next to him being worse. It's like putting Mussolini next to Hitler, nobody really focuses on Mussolini's bad points when Hitler is right there.

coolhockey
May 3, 2005

let's party like it's 1994

Jerusalem posted:

I think it's really important to keep in mind that Jerry Seinfeld is a horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible person and George is a real kindred spirit. He also makes Jerry look a hell of a lot better by comparison. Jerry gets away with a lot of poo poo because George is right there next to him being worse. It's like putting Mussolini next to Hitler, nobody really focuses on Mussolini's bad points when Hitler is right there.

And also Mussolini likes to laugh at and feed Hitler's neuroses.

:stare:

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

HateTheInternet posted:

Because Jerry is hosed up too. George's misery is entertainment; George is like a TV Jerry can have coffee with.

Edit:

I'm watching "The Dinner Party", which is an episode that puts me off for some reason, but I love this:

George: "I really cannot comprehend how stupid people can be sometimes. Can you comprehend it?"
Kramer: "No, I can't comprehend it."
George: "I mean, we can put a man on the moon but we're still basically very stupid. The guy who's car this is, he could be one of the guys that built the rocket. You see what I'm saying?"
Kramer: "Well, yeah, he can build the rocket, but he's still stupid for double-parking and blocking somebody in."
George: "So you really understand my point about building the rocket and double-parking?"
Kramer: "On the one hand he's smart with rockets... and on the other hand he's dumb with parking."

LesterGroans fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Oct 19, 2010

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

DiscoDickTease
Mar 19, 2009

Hi, boys and girls, I'm Jimmy Carl Black, and I'm the Indian of the group!

HateTheInternet posted:

What the gently caress? When is this from?

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

DiscoDickTease posted:

What the gently caress? When is this from?

His first national TV appearance way back in 1977.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7W5x9ZHOXU

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months
My wife has an inner ear infection!

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Jerusalem posted:

No, George is a weed in Hitler's bunker.

("I'm getting a little uncomfortable with the Hitler stuff.")

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

So, do you want to go to the Gap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimsonjewfro
Jul 12, 2008

I can't even afford an avatar

coolhockey posted:

And also Mussolini likes to laugh at and feed Hitler's neuroses.

:stare:

Well, it's pretty much like history, then, if this documentary is to be trusted.