Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dms666
Oct 17, 2005

It's Playoff Beard Time! Go Pens!

AngryBooch posted:

I just watched the first 2 seasons of Nip/Tuck in 2 weeks. How in the hell are there 4 more seasons of this? Everything that could possibly happen ever has happened. It makes me want to keep watching just to see how much further they can push it.

I think thats the only reason I watched all of it, and yes there is a ton of other stuff that they will push out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
I just finished season 3 of Friday Night Lights. I was very pleased to see that, as this thread said, the quality picked back up to season one-levels but can I just say with every fibre of my being aaaaaaaaargh gently caress you Joe McCoy! Stop being such an rear end in a top hat and leave Coach Taylor alone!! :argh:

Evfedu posted:

P.S. Dexter is great till the end of S2 and is pretty rubbish by season 4. Enjoy the good while it lasts!

You might want to ignore any scenes that don't involve Michael C Hall and Jimmy Smits chewing the scenery together in season three, yes, but season 4 of Dexter is loving amazing,

Adrianics fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Oct 5, 2010

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I finally bit the bullet and bough the Battlestar Galactica blu-ray box set. Just finished the 2 part mini-series. Liking it alot so far.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

FateoMcSkippy posted:

I finally bit the bullet and bough the Battlestar Galactica blu-ray box set. Just finished the 2 part mini-series. Liking it alot so far.

I'm not a big sci-fi fan, but the first two seasons were great. Real exciting backstabbing political action drama. Seasons 3 and 4 were a bit of a let down and they wrote themselves into somewhat of a corner, but it was still worth seeing through to the end, as divisive as it is.

Almost finished Oz right now, and it's pretty drat fun. There's some retarded poo poo in there (magic aging pills, magic reverends appearing in dreams, magic lottery numbers), but there's enough shanking and intrigue to keep it interesting. Even more so given how limited the possibilities of prison plots are.

Cynical Tyrant
Jan 30, 2006

How dare you speak to me of the crunch! You know nothing of the crunch. You've never even been to the crunch!
Binged through all StarGate series'. I started watching Farscape and Battlestar Galactica (New one).

I was also going to finish the last 2 episodes of the X-Files and the movie, but that last season is just so bad. I also need to get through Sanctuary and I might start going through all the seasons of king of the hill (they are all on netflix instant)!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Chamberk posted:

I've started going through Parks and Recreation - just finishing up season 1 at the moment. I'm excited to start season 2, because everyone I've talked to says that the second season is much better than the first. As of now, it's up on Netflix Instant Watch!

Hey, Parks and Recreation buddy! I just started streaming it on Netflix as well, and I'm starting Season 2, Episode 3. I like so many people on the show -- Amy Poehler, Rashida Jones, Aziz Ansari, and Aubrey Plaza -- but I heard so many mixed reviews early on, I never jumped on board. That, plus I work nights, so I'm ALWAYS behind on watching current shows. I am really enjoying it so far, especially because my interest in The Office bottomed out right after Jim and Pam's wedding in Season 6 (I guess when a lot of people started losing interest, or when the show legitimately started getting worse).

I also started watching Community Season 1 on DVD, but I have the one-at-a-time plan from Netflix, so it'll take me two weeks to get through all four discs. Before that, I binged through Dexter Season 2 (excellent) but feel "Dextered out" for a little while. I'm trying to stream every David Lynch movie on Netflix, so sitcoms are perfect for much-needed breaks between Lynch's surreal nightmares.

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

He just put the kibosh on me, do you know what the kibosh means, it's a kibosh!

Cynical Tyrant posted:

Binged through all StarGate series'. I started watching Farscape and Battlestar Galactica (New one).

I just started Farscape too. The pilot was kind of eh, and the second episode was a bit better but it still plays off like an extremely cheesy low-budget sci-fi show. The muppets don't help, either. I'm going to power through though like I did with Babylon 5, because I hear it gets way better.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

HateTheInternet posted:

I just started Farscape too. The pilot was kind of eh, and the second episode was a bit better but it still plays off like an extremely cheesy low-budget sci-fi show. The muppets don't help, either. I'm going to power through though like I did with Babylon 5, because I hear it gets way better.

Ya I am shocked you liked the second episode, as it is considered the worst.

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

Really? Well since I found it all right I guess I'm in for something great.

One problem I have is that Crichton doesn't seem like the type of person who can count to 11 let alone be a NASA scientist, but that may be due to what I perceive as wooden acting on Browder's part.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

HateTheInternet posted:

Really? Well since I found it all right I guess I'm in for something great.

One problem I have is that Crichton doesn't seem like the type of person who can count to 11 let alone be a NASA scientist, but that may be due to what I perceive as wooden acting on Browder's part.

Not a NASA scientist there cheap Australian equivalent. Well your problem with his intelligence does change as you get further into the series.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There's an episode early on where one of the muppet's urine turns into grenades or something.

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem
I just watched all of Dexter in the course of about a week. I enjoyed it thoroughly, even though season 3 was kind of a slog. I knew about what happens at the end of season 4, but it didn't help. Completely devastating to me. I need to find something else to watch, right now I'm just watching season 1 again.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

habanero walrus posted:

I just watched all of Dexter in the course of about a week. I enjoyed it thoroughly, even though season 3 was kind of a slog. I knew about what happens at the end of season 4, but it didn't help. Completely devastating to me. I need to find something else to watch, right now I'm just watching season 1 again.

I just started Dexter today, and so far it's pretty awesome after about 7 episodes.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I've started watching Psych. I wouldn't call it a brilliant show but it's light and lively which makes it perfect for the background as I do other things.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Just binged through True Blood season 1-3 and Dead Like Me

and now am working through Six Feet Under and Venture Brothers

SMP
May 5, 2009

I got through Justified over the past week. Why was the first half of the season procedural crime-of-the-week episodes, and the second half serial?

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

SMP posted:

I got through Justified over the past week. Why was the first half of the season procedural crime-of-the-week episodes, and the second half serial?

Most of the "stand-alone" episodes actually serve either to introduce new characters, like Raylan's dad or Pa Crowder, or to expand Raylan's character a bit. That way when it all kicks off in the back half of the season they don't have to stop to introduce everyone and you already give a poo poo about the characters. They could have spread out the arc story over the whole season I suppose, but that would have watered it down too much and wouldn't have been half as intense or interesting.

Mitthrawnuruodo
Apr 10, 2007

You have no fucking idea how hungry I am
Well, we just finished Lost season 5. Still pretty much firing on all cylinders, really. This season wasn't quite as strong as the last, but the time travel stuff was done pretty well. Sawyer and Juliet came out of left field but it was done with enough dignity. Kate still sucks. I really liked the Jacob stuff towards the end, how we've got a whole good and evil thing going down. Weird to think there's only one season to go.

The bit towards the end of the season where they find their old camp sort of made me realise I do kind of miss the season 1 and 2 days where it wasn't so convoluted and it was just about some dudes trying to survive on an island. I'm still really enjoying the show, but it's become a very different beast.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
Finished v mars, found the last season bland, but still entertaining.

Onto Pushing Daisies.

spe
Aug 28, 2007

All Stocked Up

Mitthrawnuruodo posted:

The bit towards the end of the season where they find their old camp sort of made me realise I do kind of miss the season 1 and 2 days where it wasn't so convoluted and it was just about some dudes trying to survive on an island. I'm still really enjoying the show, but it's become a very different beast.

6 has a change in tone again, a lot of the zany sci-fi and mystery gets thrown out of the window for a more traditional mythological tale, the whole good vs evil thing goes down big style. I still need to rewatch six in big chunks to see how it compares vs watching it week to week.

e: Just watched Chuck, for some reason its one of the only shows where I prefer it less serialised and really like the status quo, during a few episodes I was craving the reset button, the basic Buy More dynamic and fun times is more enjoyable to me than big spy plots.

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

spe posted:

I still need to rewatch six in big chunks to see how it compares vs watching it week to week.

Lost S6 in a big chunk really makes the directionless wandering around the island very apparent, moreso than the other seasons. Especially NotLocke, who seems to change his mind about what he wants to do and where he wants to go from one episode to the next

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
All caught up on Bored to Death, it's really great. I've always had a soft spot for Ted Danson, and I'm a huge Zach Galifianakis and Jason Schwartzman fan, and the premise is really great. Watching Jonathan's change from lame writer guy to awesome semi-private detective is fun.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Oz. OZOZOZOZOZOZOZOZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

gently caress me how did I miss this show?

Just started Season 3, loving extraordinary stuff.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Just finished the first season of Damages. Fan-loving-tastic!!

Very very good law/crime drama. Very good. I love how it shows some of the end result and then shows bits and pieces of how it gets there. Then BOOM, it all unravels to see the genius of the writing.

Looking forward to season 2 and 3.

Boywunda fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Oct 14, 2010

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

I just binged through the entire series of Six Feet Under after years of putting it off and I sorely regret not watching it earlier. The series finale marks one of the three times I've actually teared up while watching a television program and it's also one of the finest send-offs I've seen to boot. I almost want to declare it a perfect ending, but that may be a little too much.

Bonkfast
Jul 14, 2007
Just finished binging through Ugly Americans. Now focused on 30 Rock and Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Been watching Curb Your Enthusiasm, just got through season 1.

I honestly don't think it's my thing, though I've loved other awkward-comedy shows like the UK version of The Office. I couldn't get through the finale and wound up skipping around it in places because it was just too uncomfortable to watch.

I hear it gets really good as it goes on so I'll stick with it at least.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Ever since The X-Files came onto Netflix Instant, I've been burning through two or three episodes a night. I'm just ending season two.

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire
The girlfriend and I just finished West Wing season 3 (hell of a finale!) and we'll be starting Rescue Me season 2 soon.

I've also been watching Wire season 3 and Parks and Rec season 2 on and off. They're both great, I just never have time.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Just finished season 3 of Battlestar Galactica.

:tviv:

Part of me wishes I had watched this when it originally aired, but another part of me is thankful I can just pop in the next disc to keep watching episodes.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

FateoMcSkippy posted:

Just finished season 3 of Battlestar Galactica.

:tviv:

Part of me wishes I had watched this when it originally aired, but another part of me is thankful I can just pop in the next disc to keep watching episodes.

Imagine that ending. Then imagine waiting over a YEAR for the continuation. While stewing on a cliffhanger like that is fine for a little bit, it gets old after like a month.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Fatkraken posted:

Imagine that ending. Then imagine waiting over a YEAR for the continuation. While stewing on a cliffhanger like that is fine for a little bit, it gets old after like a month.

Alright then. I'm glad I didn't watch it when it aired. That would royally suck.

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Going through the Shield right now. Up to season 5 and I just don't know what to say. At first I loved it, couldn't put it down, but then they started messing with established characters and adding depth that TOTALLY changes your view on the person. It's hosed up. Mind blowing.

Zealous Abattoir
Nov 27, 2005
Binging on Jericho for the first time. So far, so good

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
One of the things I love about Oz is the lack of Plot Armour. You naturally pick out favourite characters in TV shows, and in Oz this is particularly fraught because everyone is constantly dying. It's an ensemble cast with no real main character (you could probably pick about 5 in a given season) so there is genuine tension and dread when something bad looks like going down, because you know there is no guarantee of "your guy" getting out alive.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
The priest just started singing Tori Amos.

wot

Mitthrawnuruodo
Apr 10, 2007

You have no fucking idea how hungry I am
Lost marathon update: Season 6 is a little hard to take so far. Really incredibly confused by a lot of it. We just finished the episode which was Sawyer and NotLocke chillin out, which I found pretty good, but everything up to then has been batshit insane, and not in a good way. The Others really have been very inconsistent in the way they've worked across the whole show. I still love Richard, though.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Just finished BSG. gently caress the haters, ending was awesome. Now time to watch Razor and The Plan.

Is Caprica worth watching?

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I binged through Community. I know not a major accomplishment. I've been trying to binge through Dexter but the drama becomes too much for me at times I Have to give myself a break or its overwhelming.
Also I want to watch BSG because a reputable source told me i'd be an idiot if I didn't but I've never gotten into a big sci-fi tv show. Is it that good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

FateoMcSkippy posted:

Just finished BSG. gently caress the haters, ending was awesome. Now time to watch Razor and The Plan.

Is Caprica worth watching?

I liked Razor, but the Plan was more of a clip show. Just a warning!

Mitthrawnuruodo posted:

Lost marathon update: Season 6 is a little hard to take so far. Really incredibly confused by a lot of it. We just finished the episode which was Sawyer and NotLocke chillin out, which I found pretty good, but everything up to then has been batshit insane, and not in a good way. The Others really have been very inconsistent in the way they've worked across the whole show. I still love Richard, though.

I just finished S6, the finale wasn't as dumb as I thought it was going to be. :woop: