Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

human skumm posted:

Don't post much in SH/SC but here goes!

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

notice the state of the art 5.1 dolby digital surround sound system to the left of the CRT monitor

I'm more curious to the use/function of the dirty paint roller in handy reach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

human skumm
Jun 7, 2003

Eyeball, mix, and consume unknown, unresearched, potentially dangerous research chemicals ERRRRY-DAY

Sniep posted:

I'm more curious to the use/function of the dirty paint roller in handy reach.

LOL, It's actually a pothead tool of the trade. Its a filter made from the paint roller tube, stuffed with dryer sheets. You exhale your smoke through it to cut down on odor.

Edit: I usually do most of my posting in TCC, so sorry if that offends anyone :350:

Orsenfelt
Feb 7, 2008
Scottish Madman

human skumm posted:

Don't post much in SH/SC but here goes!

notice the state of the art 5.1 dolby digital surround sound system to the left of the CRT monitor

The metal clip fall out of your belkin screwdriver too? POS.
(Bottom right of the image, No idea how I spotted that..)

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

No offense to anyone, but reading this thread and seeing the pics makes me feel a little better about my disaster zone of a desk I posted pics of earlier. I feel better having wtinessed evidence I'm not the only slob out there :)

duckstab
Jun 19, 2004

spaceship posted:

Picture of an NI Maschine

How are you finding your Maschine, worthwhile?

Tim-may!!!
Jun 22, 2002
My home desktop:

Click here for the full 1280x850 image.

Has two Dell 24" monitors and I just upgraded the system drive to RAID'ed Velociraptors. Home server with 9.5 TB of drives is in the bottom right below the laser printer.

My 67" TV\media PC (computer is bottom right). Mainly watch stuff stored on the Home Server downstairs or Netflix:

My work setup:

25" Samsung with three other panels in portrait mode.

nyoron
Dec 15, 2009
Update~

Still a work in progress. Might Replace the table and bed soon, and trying to find a way to 'store' the crap on the far right.

e: The clipping is hosed because this was a Photomerge of a few different shots. My room is small.. :/

Full pic: here

nyoron fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Oct 10, 2010

Rukus
Mar 13, 2007

Hmph.

wiru posted:

Update~

Still a work in progress. Might Replace the table and bed soon, and trying to find a way to 'store' the crap on the far right.

e: The clipping is hosed because this was a Photomerge of a few different shots. My room is small.. :/

Full pic: here

I like that desk fan you have there. Oh wait, it's a Noctua. :v: I'm convinced the high price of the NH-D14 is solely because of the amount of copper they were able to get into the thing. Gives an mean overclock, though.

nyoron
Dec 15, 2009

Ruklo Burosee posted:

I like that desk fan you have there. Oh wait, it's a Noctua. :v:
:fuckoff:

...in all seriousness though, yeah, it's great with a single ran on low RPM for silent cooling. RMAing my board, and using my MacBook as a replacement machine for now.

nyoron fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Oct 10, 2010

human skumm
Jun 7, 2003

Eyeball, mix, and consume unknown, unresearched, potentially dangerous research chemicals ERRRRY-DAY

Orsenfelt posted:

The metal clip fall out of your belkin screwdriver too? POS.
(Bottom right of the image, No idea how I spotted that..)

Um, probably if its what I think youre talking about, but where is there a screw driver in the lower right? By the loser lottery tickets that say $50bux on em, sitting on that rubbermaid tub?

Edit: you mean the little metal pocket clip on the tiny white barely visable how can you even tell theres a belkin logo/i'm actually impressed you recongized the belkin logo. Nope mine's still on there.

human skumm fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Oct 11, 2010

Orsenfelt
Feb 7, 2008
Scottish Madman

human skumm posted:

Edit: you mean the little metal pocket clip on the tiny white barely visable how can you even tell theres a belkin logo/i'm actually impressed you recongized the belkin logo. Nope mine's still on there.

Hah, I have one on me most of the time. Use it a lot.

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Just finished cleaning up my office and putting some shelves up.

Day:

Click here for the full 1366x725 image.

Night:

Click here for the full 1366x741 image.

Pretty happy with how it turned out, although I do need another light or two in the room.

Lowdez
Feb 4, 2008
up the irons
I've made a trip to IKEA today.

Here's how it looked before:

and here's after:

There's still the modem & it's wires, the AC cable (peeking from the top) and some "cleaning" and repaint to be done.
The laptop is usually in my bag, so it's adapter's wires aren't such an ugly thing to look at.

I'm quite happy with how it turned out.

MTW
Dec 30, 2004

by angerbot

Lowdez posted:

I've made a trip to IKEA today.

I like the poster.

Here is my setup. One is a lovely photo taken with my EVO (DSLR is charging) and the other is one from a week ago taken with my DSLR.

Work in progress. It's a new desk.

LuTze
Feb 10, 2006
He's a bad, bad man

MTW posted:

Whats with the giant stack of Xboxes?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

LuTze posted:

Whats with the giant stack of Xboxes?

Based on the two opened ones and what looks like rubbing alcohol, I'm guessing he repairs RRoD boxes and/or mods them.

Robin357Lazarus
Jul 5, 2008

I just bought one of those DIY IKEA desks and it was positively worth the price.

Click here for the full 480x800 image.

I'm planning on upgrading the peripherals and definitely the mousepad.

Click here for the full 800x480 image.

I'll eventually do some cable management, but I'm satisfied for now.

Click here for the full 800x480 image.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

What did you put your desktop on?

MTW
Dec 30, 2004

by angerbot

wolrah posted:

Based on the two opened ones and what looks like rubbing alcohol, I'm guessing he repairs RRoD boxes

Yes. Something of a hobby of mine. It's great to have all the xboxes I'll ever need. I have more on the floor, another 3, along with cases for the two open ones near by.

MTW fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Oct 19, 2010

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Jury's still out on if this will stay in SH/SC, but I guess I'll play along for now.

Finally got the cables cleaned up. MacBook got an upgrade, and the PS2 was voted off of the island.

No longer living like poo poo. :c00l:

It's been a while. Time for an update, this time from a new angle!

The monitor got swapped (Dell U2410), router got swapped (AirPort Extreme), Xbox 360 got swapped (Elite) and got banished along with the PS3 to the bookshelf. PC probably got updated a few times too, but it's still the same case. Oh and there's a cute little Mac Mini on the desk now too. :3:

It's awesome having every device hooked up to a single display with room still to spare.

Hey look! The Mac Mini and gaming PC are gone! So is that nice Dell monitor. I replaced them all with a new 27" iMac. Oh and the 13" MacBook is now a 15.4" MacBook Pro. :)

Also the walls are no longer white.

Star War Sex Parrot fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 27, 2010

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

are you gaming with a magic mouse? :ohdear:

Apps
Oct 3, 2009
Even worse, he's gaming with an XBOX controller. :laugh:

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

spaceship posted:

are you gaming with a magic mouse? :ohdear:
Nope I have my Logitech G5 for that, but I only plug it in when I'm playing FPS games. I'll probably replace the Magic Mouse with Apple's trackpad soon anyway, since I don't care for the Magic Mouse and I'm used to the trackpad from my Apple laptops.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

I'll probably replace the Magic Mouse with Apple's trackpad soon anyway, since I don't care for the Magic Mouse and I'm used to the trackpad from my Apple laptops.

I did this a few days ago. Awful mouse.

thebruce
Jul 4, 2004

Hey look! The Mac Mini and gaming PC are gone! So is that nice Dell monitor. I replaced them all with a new 27" iMac. Oh and the 13" MacBook is now a 15.4" MacBook Pro. :)

edit: take this you stupid forum tables!

Hope you were one of the lucky ones, I've had 2 replacement iMacs so far because of the 7Khz noise coming from the invertor on the LCD dimming circuitry. Deciding what to do just now since Apple are being difficult.

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Nope I have my Logitech G5 for that, but I only plug it in when I'm playing FPS games. I'll probably replace the Magic Mouse with Apple's trackpad soon anyway, since I don't care for the Magic Mouse and I'm used to the trackpad from my Apple laptops.
Hmm.. so what're the xbox and PS3 connected to? Or are they just sitting on the shelf?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

krnhotwings posted:

Hmm.. so what're the xbox and PS3 connected to? Or are they just sitting on the shelf?
What? They get connected to the iMac. That's Red Dead Redemption running on the 360 in that photo.

thebruce posted:

Hope you were one of the lucky ones, I've had 2 replacement iMacs so far because of the 7Khz noise coming from the invertor on the LCD dimming circuitry. Deciding what to do just now since Apple are being difficult.
Not encountered with any of our 27" iMacs at work, or with any of my friends' iMacs. I don't think you have to be lucky to get a working iMac. Sounds like you're just unlucky. :(

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

What? They get connected to the iMac. That's Red Dead Redemption running on the 360 in that photo.

Can you still adjust the brightness?

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Oh wow, I wasn't aware that the iMacs can be used as external monitors (or however you're doing that.)

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

krnhotwings posted:

Oh wow, I wasn't aware that the iMacs can be used as external monitors (or however you're doing that.)

http://www.kanexlive.com/products/kanexXD.html

The Leon Hikari
Jan 6, 2007
Lollylops?

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

Needs a little bit of TLC, but otherwise it's all good.

The Leon Hikari fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Oct 26, 2010

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Hey, sorry to bug you, but could I get the measurements on that desk?

advion
Jul 25, 2005
and a name and place of purchase? :D

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Edmond Dantes posted:

Hey, sorry to bug you, but could I get the measurements on that desk?

advion posted:

and a name and place of purchase? :D
It's a classic Ikea Jerker (non-shelved version); since discontinued.

Width: 160cm (63 inches)
Depth: 80cm (31.5 inches)

It's huge, sturdy, and has subtle styling. It's basically my perfect desk.

advion
Jul 25, 2005
I had a feeling it was but deep down I was hoping to be wrong. :(

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Science isn't about why, it's about why not.

advion posted:

I had a feeling it was but deep down I was hoping to be wrong. :(

The Galant is the same size as that, and still pretty cool.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

I went from this:

to this:

The Jerker is nice for vertical space and for people that have huge CRTs, but nowadays the Galant reigns supreme

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Where the hell do you guys get those flat higher quality laminate/particle board desk?

I've been eying a few things on Legare Furniture and I'm trying to figure this out if I want this over something like a Ikea Galant. And, would I'd like a 72" straight desk or a L-Corner Desk?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Legare stuff owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stop, or my mom will post
Mar 13, 2005
I switched from dual 24s (Dell/Asus PVA) to a single Apple 30". Lost real estate, but I much prefer one larger IPS panel. 30" is seriously an amazing size.